Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Salem University

Duality

On 5/15/2018 at 1:53 AM, Duality said:

Duality's smile quirked upwards on one side of her mouth as she studied Druantia. "How about this: You fill out this duel application form here," - she pulled a slightly wrinkled sheet of debossed paper from a back pocket of her trousers and began unfolding it - "and I can send it in right away for you to the reception. I have a friend behind the desk who might be able to fast-track it for you if you're really keen on getting a duel as soon as possible, maybe even schedule you in today since you're applying so early for one. I'll probably be one of the staff overseeing the event, too, so I can certainly take notes regarding your duelling technique if you'd like my opinion thereon." She flattened the sheet of paper, passed it to Druantia along with a blue pen, and turned to Ley.

"The pen won't be necessary." 

Dru looked at the sheet of paper and drew it to her with her power. the sheet flew from Duality's grasp and hovered in front of her as she read the contents of it. It seemed fairly standard, keeping them from being liable from any damages except what is required by law. Students under the age of sixteen need approval from a supervising teacher for a duel to take place. Understandable stuff. She didn't take the pen, instead she looked where she was to sign and simply created a signature on its surface. The letters seemed to stain onto the dotted line all at once, creating a neat flowing cursive with crisp black letters that seemed more a part of the page than the fine print itself. Instead of just dying it in with ink, she literally turned parts of the page black to make her signature appear. While she was at it she smoothed out the page till it seemed fresh out the rack. Not a single crease remained on it. She floated it back to the teacher and let it hang in the air for her to take when she was ready. 

"Paper is made from plants, this one specifically was made from an 15 year old birch tree. It makes doing homework quite easy when I can just visualize an essay onto the pages instead of having to write them out by hand." 

• Brohoof 1

Rose and Sorxir got up and walked out of the cafeteria while chatting about their expectation on the school, even though they were opposites, but that might change before the end of the school years. They might become two sides of the same coin. 

Shadow nodded, then he turned on his heel and headed off towards the yard in the back of the school. When he arrived, He stopped and tapped his cane on the ground. The dark part of the cane detached and sunk into the ground while spreading into a circle around himself. He decided not to show his actual power, unless necessary or emergencies. He played around the shadow to calm down from his daughter disobeying him. Once he calmed down, he dropped the handle and it made itself a cane again. He picked it up and started walking back into the school.

• Brohoof 1

@Buck Testa @Arid_Blitz @khajiit 

*Thunk!*

Was the sound of skull hitting door frame, as an amazonian she wolf paused, then ducked underneath the structure lacking concern wfor those above average height for a citizen of the Netherlands. She was on her magically reinforced smart tablet, swiping and typing as the scratches and gouges from her claws vanished as fast as they appeared. 

"Readjusting itinerary for the 3rd time this week, as not even classes can remain static on the day of. Also compensating for the presence of our esteemed audiomancer, finally back from her suspension. Reminder to set chronometer app to see how long that lasts. And oh, a memo to all faculty and students from the academy's superintendent. What developments have-" 

On 5/15/2018 at 3:53 AM, Duality said:

Duality's perpetual half-smile grew into a fully-fledged grin at the sight of a figure approaching down the hall. "Speaking of teachers with strong nerves to spare - Dr. Fenris! Are you currently encumbered by the drudgery of your interminable employment, or are you exclusively encumberable by yours truly at this present juncture? I have here a lovely young lady by the name of Druantia who would like a tour around the duelling hall with someone to give her the rundown on all the rules and guidelines and horrors of bureaucracy that pertain to the whole controlled-combat affair. I'm headed to the library right now, so once she's seen and heard her fill you can just drop her off there."

"Hmm?" The wolf looked up from her tablet, then back down to the congregation in the hall. 

"Umm, yes? And you all are...?" 

On 5/16/2018 at 4:36 AM, Mentis Soliloquy said:

Kat after having made her way back to her dorm was in the process of study but gave up on one thing she yet despite all her seeming skill had yet to master and that was having a go at messing with metal in any way since it was an extension of Earth magic, however the poor cat simply didn't have the knack for moving it yet which annoyed her beyond belief. She put on a coat and headed back outside to get something to eat heading towards the school's cafeteria for something to chew on, and to hopefully clear her mind of the mental block the metal always seemed to cause her.

She looked around as she was walking outside, she always enjoyed what the school looked like the older buildings, mixed in with the more modern architecture, it was to her just a joy to walk through no matter what time of year it was.

(I'm leaving my post open for people to steal me :P) 

"Nobody stays till the end. Nobody bothers to listen to the teacher that controls mother f:mellow:king sound! Another year of no hormonal teenager/ adult knowing jack about what I do, why I do it, or why they should give an absolute damn. Same s:mellow:t. Different year." A bomber jacket wearing fox lady ranted to herself. 

• Brohoof 1

LEY

@Denim&Venom@Duality@Buck Testa

The dean's implications that Ley had affiliations with the Daemons left her with mixed feelings. Indeed, she rhapsodized in her uniqueness to some extent... but on the other side, she never asked for what happened to her. Her life would always be tainted with this stigma. Then again, the whole, partial transformation actually beautified her, what was an unexpected albeit quite appreciated by her side effect. It was also, to some extent, entertaining to listen just how many issues her own figure caused them. "All deserved, they are honored to have me." - a vain thought snuck in into her brain. Further explanations gave her a lot to think about while Wave Particle was busy explaining bureaucratic details of the duels.

"Multiple, fully-empowered Daemons...? So... can they actually not be as strong as I imagined?" - her stare was pointing downwards as she was holding her chin in right hand, lost in deep thought. Her clawed, left hand was holding her right elbow - "Can I actually defeat her? Stand up to her power?" - a long forgotten spark of hope ignited in her soul again - "And the Inferno incident... how come *I* of all people have not heard anything about it?" - another furrow flashed across her forehead - "Maybe this heaven-forsaken University could help me, then."

Ley moved her right hand to her chest, feeling her own, steady heartbeat. She focused on her body, searching for the silvery wires of her soul. Somewhere in there was a part that felt alien, an intruder. Unfortunate effect of her horrifying accident. Tiny part of the soul of the Daemoness she foolishly attempted to summon and take control over. It was locked away, it was under constant supervision. And it was absolutely terrifying. Ley lived in bottomless fear of letting her guard too far down, and eventually having her own will overthrown. The chances for that were, unknowingly for her, next to none however. The ritual which caused her transformation was interrupted too early for the Daemoness to attain any power over her. Yet, seeing how this was only a tiny part of the Daemoness' power, Ley had no idea just how powerful the creature she attempted to bring into this realm was. Her pact only allowed her to learn two things. First, that she would have to, one day, face the Daemoness and best her in combat, and second, her name. "...Edna." - Ley's voice was filled with sorrow and fear, but also determination. Her palm clenched tightly into a fist as anger appeared on her face, shivers going down her spine. She did not even realize the name slipped from her lips as a whisper, as her thoughts have consumed making her forget about her surroundings.

An unexpected sound violently pulled her out of her contemplations into reality. It sounded as if somebody collided two tables with each other. Although she could not locate its source, she was now standing nearly eye to eye, or to be more precise eye to chest, with a towering female wolf. She was interacting with her tablet, a tool Ley considered useless in magical control, distracting and absolutely unneccesary for any spellcaster.

The newcomer was introduced as Dr. Fenris. Yet another teacher Ley didn't really feel like getting to know at this time. Considering her recent adventures with University staff, as well as the fact she still temporarily had her spirits down due to her inner monologues, she decided to opt out from meeting yet another potentially annoying personality.

On 15.05.2018 at 10:53 AM, Duality said:

I'm headed to the library right now, so once she's seen and heard her fill you can just drop her off there.

"Shall we be off, then?" - the pink haired girl inquired, a bit impatiently - "I will wait further down the hall, I am positive I passed next to library during my... travels. I think." - with these words she made a swift turn on her heel, but turned her head back to look at the group again before stepping forward - "Lady Druantia, Miss Fenris." - the words were thrown as a temporary goodbye and Ley walked off a number of steps away, far enough to be out of anyone's immediate vicinty and interest, but in eye's reach so that Miss Particle would not have to search for her.

IRA

@Arid_Blitz

"That old fool..." - upon hearing Rouen's attempt to take the blame on himself, she couldn't help but to mentally sigh. His heart was definitely in right place, unfortunately it sometimes dictated his actions and he listened to it rather then act rational. It was bread and butter for Ira to suffer Lilith's 'punishments'. Neither did Ira ask him to stand up for her.

On 18.05.2018 at 6:12 AM, Arid_Blitz said:

Oh come on, first of all I wouldnt date someone I can literally beat with one arm.

"Acghk-" - the incomprehensible word was half-coughed out by Ira at the remark. She pierced him with a stare full of disbelief, not knowing whether she should laugh at the remark or actually get angry and offended. Once could say he managed to, for a moment, shut Ira up for good.

The redhead was forced to refocus her attention on Lilith however, as it seemed the headmistress addressed her. The mention of whiskers tickling in all the right ways made Ira tilt her head inquisitively, as if she had suddenly heard something really unexpected and slightly incomprehensible. At one point, she would have to ask Lilith how would she know that Rouen's whiskers tickle "in all the right ways". The idea of Lilith speaking in general did not even cross Ira's mind, in fact, she made special care to erase that explanation out of her mind. This was a golden question that needed to be asked in time.

Frosthawk's smile was wiped clean however as Lilith changed her mind and ordered a private training session together. Standing in there in shock, trying to stomach the prospect, Ira allowed Rouen to leave the area without a word. She was not going to, however, let Lilith do as she pleases. As the headmistress was walking away, she shouted behind her.

"I have severe doubts about your physical prowess in comparison to Rouen! And I fail to notice how training with you would bring me any closer to defeating him! I'd rather say I'll lose my natural skills training with you!" - its not as if training with Lilith was something absolutely horrible. Au contraire, she was a skilled Ice magic user herself, however the physical aspects were best left to ones who were good in them... And, additionally, Ira didn't really enjoy spending more time than necessary around Lilith. Their relationship was simple. Ira was doing her job and Lilith was trying not to interfere in her methods or work when unneeded. The idea of disturbing this delicate balance felt dangerous.

A figure she had not noticed previously approached Lilith and engaged in conversation. Upon closer look, Ira recognized the character as school's well known janitor. All in all, he was quite a vibrant person on the campus and Ira appreciated him for that. She had helped him in his duties countless times as her punishments, so they've gotten to know themselves a bit better, however right now was not the time to greet yet another "old friend". She simply limited herself to waving to him as a greeting, making sure he'd notice her.

Eventually, seeing she's going to achieve nothing with Lilith, the redhead turned around and picked up her bow, examining it closely. The enchanted, decorated wood didn't have a scratch on it, therefore she simply tied it at her back and turned towards the crowd of her students observing her actions in silence. She furrowed her brow slightly. "None of you say a thing. Least you want to turn into charming, frozen sculptures." - a few muffled giggles answered her - "Nazir, I know it's you in the back!" - everything went silent again.

Ira sighed and gave up. "Lynn..." - she took a few steps towards the crowd, motioning them to move out - "...you mentioned last year you had some ideas on how you would like improve on your offensive capabilities. Have you managed to think this over through the summer break? Oh, and Cirrus? Try not to flood the classroom on our first lesson again, will you? Took me hours to dry my shoes." - a few nervous laughters could be heard as the group walked away towards Ira's default classroom, leaving Lilith and Ghalan to themselves.

Ira figured that if he needed anything from her, he'd catch up. Right now it was not the best moment to be getting on Lilith's nerves by neglecting one's duties.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 5/15/2018 at 1:53 AM, Duality said:

"Now, about your immediate destinations." Duality adjusted her stance slightly to accommodate both of the students in the conversation, taking a second to ease into her characteristic twinkling-eyed demeanour from the serious visage that she tended to lapse into when discussing such weighty topics. "Miss Druantia, although you don't have to wait in the duelling hall or any such thing while I get your application processed, it's entirely understandable that you'd want to take a proper tour around your soon-to-be combat grounds before you go jumping into a pentagram with Ghalan. However, the school library and enchanting as a general subject are for all intents and purposes my adopted children, and I'd like to chat with Ms Ley in a more casual setting about a few miscellaneous matters to ease the process of her settling into the school. That means that I'll be sending you over to the duelling hall with someone else, so no scary plant-voodoo, you hear? Not all the teachers around here have nerves as strong as my fair self's, and not all the botany around here will take kindly to being magicked without permission - not that they'd have much choice in the matter, I suspect."

Duality's perpetual half-smile grew into a fully-fledged grin at the sight of a figure approaching down the hall. "Speaking of teachers with strong nerves to spare - Dr. Fenris! Are you currently encumbered by the drudgery of your interminable employment, or are you exclusively encumberable by yours truly at this present juncture? I have here a lovely young lady by the name of Druantia who would like a tour around the duelling hall with someone to give her the rundown on all the rules and guidelines and horrors of bureaucracy that pertain to the whole controlled-combat affair. I'm headed to the library right now, so once she's seen and heard her fill you can just drop her off there."

On 5/21/2018 at 2:20 PM, Denim&Venom said:

"Hmm?" The wolf looked up from her tablet, then back down to the congregation in the hall. 

Dru felt a mixture of annoyance and offence that Duality was casting her off to another teacher so she could go do other things. Was she bored with her? The girl was not used to being treated as anything else than the scary mafia princess with plant powers. She rarely ever noticed her own age in her own little world, here she truly felt like a twelve year old getting ignored and snubbed by adults. She hated it. She wanted to lash out. In fact her hand twitched to the seeds in her dress pockets, however she held off. She couldn't deal with people here like she did at home. Plus she didn't really want to hurt Duality. In the short time they had talked she had grown interested in her. Connected in a way she couldn't with normal people. It just made the fact that she seemed to be shoving her off to someone else hurt that much more. Her face was just a mix of emotions competing against each other, and she could feel her eyes lightly watering before she composed herself. She couldn't cry on her first day, that would just be embarrassing. 

She needed to work off this energy. Now. 

She got closer to the new teacher to introduce herself, however she froze when she looked up at Fenris. She felt a pang of fright as she looked up at the Wolf woman's face. Her eyes went wide for a brief second, and she paled a bit at how big the canine woman's teeth were and how tall she was in comparison to Dru's tiny frame. Ley looked a bit more human, which might have had something to do with how Dru was able to handle herself around her, but this Fenris woman's wolf head threw Dru off in the worst way. It's not even like she hadn't seen Pelajae up close before. However when she had, it had been during a turf war. 

She could still remember a pack of wolf men clambering over the walls of the Mafia estate, wielding flame throwers in order to fight her plants. One had gotten so close to biting her head off that night. She could still see him biting furiously, inches away from her face as he tried to claw through her vines and thorns. He had been frenzied so much that the poisons she had been pumping him with didn't seem to take. She was much younger when that had happened. Her powers didn't listen to her as well as they do now. That night still haunted her dreams occasionally. She'd wake up in a cold sweat, still able to feel the canine breathing and snarling in her face even as she knew it was just a dream, a memory. 

After long agonizing seconds she snapped out of it and continued with introducing herself. However her voice sounded a bit more unsteady than before. A bit less confident. 

"Hello, my name is Druantia. I want to duel the Janitor..." it felt so stupid saying it out loud. Dueling the Janitor. The fright of her brief flashback to that night of death and howling had made her anger against that man diminish quite a bit. Still, she needed to get ahold of herself, and something like a sparring match would help with that. 

Edited by Buck Testa
  • Brohoof 2

Lilith looked at Ghalan as she heard what Ira said to her, that girl is going to learn the hard way. Power is one thing and Ira will learn in due time, as Ghalan spoke to her she tilted her head some "Spar outside the arena, Rouen apparently instigated it so he is going to be helping you with janitor work an hour or two each day after school lets out." stopping she looked around as kids were disappearing to places. Her tail was swaying behind her as she was still fuming over what they did, ugh cant believe they would do that and some of the grass was now dead thanks to being frozen. "So what have you been up to Ghalan? I havent seen you scrubbing anything or rake a single thing so you must be on a break hmm?" she grinned devilishly at him "What am I saying you are always on break...if you werent a friend I would of sent you packing years ago."

Idly she did wonder though where Duality headed off to and if anyone needed her help right now. Turning around she looked around to see if there were any straggling students behind "I assume Ghalan that things though are going smoothly? No destruction or things broken?" as she looked still she was scoping out the kids that were behind taking in their appearances and their power that she felt from them

[sorry it's small and @Denim&Venom if your amazonian needs help Lilith is there in courtyard still XD just look for the pissy coyote and the dirty ghalan.]

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Well other than stopping a fight," Ghalan stated as he rubbed his neck slightly. "I have a feeling that the child Druantia will want to duel me," he stated with sigh to himself."I find it funny she thinks she can duel a experienced mage when she can barely control her magic...Honestly it's because of dignity I mean who wears such a short dress anyways?" Ghalan asked out loud. "Honestly LilithI'll throw the fight but make it look good for her," he stated simply as he just looked tired. "Lilith I....Nevermind," he stated as he was going to say something but sighed. Anyone who was perceptive enough would see he loved her but he knew she was still hung up over Gabriel's murder. He sighed to himself as he rubbed the back of his neck slightly as he looked at Lilith. And yet he had to keep his love for her under wraps. Controlling his emotions never letting it slip.

@Buck Testa@Duality@Arid_Blitz@Khajiit

Edited by dragon4111

@Denim&Venom

kat took note of Ms Tachibana probably one of the most out there teachers in school when it came to her personality, not she didn't mind at all really, the fox was a nutter and she thought it quite funny from time to time. However she did have a temp when she was inflamed as it were due to her large levels of personal passions, this would include students ignoring her despite how hard she tries to get noticed. 

She made a gulp and steeled herself as she walked over to her, hoping to cheer her up, expecting to be target practice for some sort of spell for her efforts. "Ms Tachibana are you er ok there? You are making quite a, un-teacher like amount of expletives in the middle of the school... I mean not that you don't know that, but er... well not the best impression to leave on the new students don't you agree?" Hoping she was making sense and wasn't going to be murdered, giving a small reassuring smile, which only exposed her teeth which normally made people nervous, but she hoped it'd not bother the fox. 

(edited)
11 hours ago, Mentis Soliloquy said:

@Denim&Venom

kat took note of Ms Tachibana probably one of the most out there teachers in school when it came to her personality, not she didn't mind at all really, the fox was a nutter and she thought it quite funny from time to time. However she did have a temp when she was inflamed as it were due to her large levels of personal passions, this would include students ignoring her despite how hard she tries to get noticed. 

She made a gulp and steeled herself as she walked over to her, hoping to cheer her up, expecting to be target practice for some sort of spell for her efforts. "Ms Tachibana are you er ok there? You are making quite a, un-teacher like amount of expletives in the middle of the school... I mean not that you don't know that, but er... well not the best impression to leave on the new students don't you agree?" Hoping she was making sense and wasn't going to be murdered, giving a small reassuring smile, which only exposed her teeth which normally made people nervous, but she hoped it'd not bother the fox. 

Kat might've been able to hear the Crack in Miko's neck as her head nearly did a one eighty to address her. 

"I can say whatever the f:mellow:k I want! I'm an adult! Man! What kind of idiotic society censors and edits their own vocabulary anyways? Not like these hormonaly charged rugrats or college drop outs haven't heard any of it before, or are gonna hear it once they go back to the "real"" she air quoted. "World. Besides, why hide the facts from who I am from those who'll get to know me in due time miss... ah f:mellow:k, who are you again? Have we even met?" 

@Buck Testa  

Mindy was about to say something to the pair of teachers that just ditched her when she caught the scent, then heard the voice of someone far below. Litterally. The professor looked down to see a little pre-teen girl staring, more towards than at, her. Avoiding eye contact it seems. Timidly introducing herself and...formally requesting to fight one of the custodians?

"Did they seriously just dump a scared little kid on me? They know there's a reason why I never applied to teach anyone not old enough to drive, right?"

The she wolf took a few steps back. "Um, hello there? Uh, why do you want to fight the janitor of all people?"  

Edited by Denim&Venom

(edited)
On 5/30/2018 at 10:02 AM, Denim&Venom said:

Mindy was about to say something to the pair of teachers that just ditched her when she caught the scent, then heard the voice of someone far below. Litterally. The professor looked down to see a little pre-teen girl staring, more towards than at, her. Avoiding eye contact it seems. Timidly introducing herself and...formally requesting to fight one of the custodians?

"Did they seriously just dump a scared little kid on me? They know there's a reason why I never applied to teach anyone not old enough to drive, right?"

The she wolf took a few steps back. "Um, hello there? Uh, why do you want to fight the janitor of all people?"

@dragon4111 @Denim&Venom

She tried to not show her irrational fear of the Pelajae show too much, but from the expression on Fenris's face and the tone of her voice, it clearly wasn't working. This sparked anger in her against herself. She was showing weakness to this Pelajae, letting her, no, IT have power over her. She wasn't going to let herself be weak like she was that night against those wolf men. The air grew a bit thicker now, her power was rearing up, trying to make itself threatening like an animal backed against a corner. Outside the windows of the hall, the plants were growing visibly dark and thorny. Her body stopped shaking, and her sweat seemed to vanish as her bangs covered her eyes completely. When she raised her gaze again she looked like a different person, one with a cold and calculating stare and a smirk that oozed confidence and malevolence. 

maria1.jpg

"That is none of your concern. All I need from you is to set up this duel. I assure you, I will adhere to whatever rules and regulations these challenges have." 

Again Druantia's mood swings were as fast as they were unnerving. It would be clear to anyone who had spent a decent amount of time with her that this was not normal for a girl her age, or any age for that matter. Something was fundamentally wrong with her, broken in an unnerving way, and it was paired with a cunning and calculating mind. 

Edited by Buck Testa

(edited)

@Buck Testa@Duality@Arid_Blitz@Khajiit @Denim&Venom

Ghalan was about to go over to the cursing teacher until he saw the plants getting agitated. He began to breath sighty. "alright then," he muttered slightly to himself as he began to walk over to where he had left the little girl, demoness, and Duality. And as he walked he called to his staff(magic focus). He began to levitate off the ground using anti gravity around him. He amplified his voice using a simple spell and said out loud "DRUANTIA DO YOU TRULY WISH TO DUAL ME?!" he levitated higher as he raised his right hand forming a miniature black hole which began to devour the trash and debris which began to make it grow. He then clapped his hands together crushing the very black hole itself. He then pulled apart his hands causing a big Kaboom forcing him backwards in a shower of sparkling dust that dissipated. "THIS IS THE POWER THAT I WIELD DO YOU SEE NOW!?" he yelled out as he slowly levitated to the ground. A mere lightshow of course none of the students were in danger. Now then let's see if the little one would accept after that display of power.

@Mentis Soliloquy

Edited by dragon4111
  • Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

Ghalan was about to go over to the cursing teacher until he saw the plants getting agitated. He began to breath sighty. "alright then," he muttered slightly to himself as he began to walk over to where he had left the little girl, demoness, and Duality. And as he walked he called to his staff(magic focus). He began to levitate off the ground using anti gravity around him. He amplified his voice using a simple spell and said out loud "DRUANTIA DO YOU TRULY WISH TO DUAL ME?!" he levitated higher as he raised his right hand forming a miniature black hole which began to devour the trash and debris which began to make it grow. He then clapped his hands together crushing the very black hole itself. He then pulled apart his hands causing a big Kaboom forcing him backwards in a shower of sparkling dust that dissipated. "THIS IS THE POWER THAT I WIELD DO YOU SEE NOW!?" he yelled out as he slowly landed.

Mindy sighed as Ghalan began to demonstrate is powers.  "Seriously? Your gonna get your kicks in by trying to intimidate a child?" 

Both would feel their hairs start to stand on end, the air getting thicker and more humid, as the professors eyes faintly began to glow with St.Elmo's fire. 

(edited)

@Buck Testa@Duality@Arid_Blitz@Khajiit @Denim&Venom @Mentis Soliloquy

Ghalan stopped and looked into the window towards Mindy. He stated "Come talk to me after you have Druantia fill out the requisit forms," he stated calmly as he levitated there for a moment then slowly landed back onto solid ground. He then looked at the Lilith after walking towards her once more and stated before she could say anything "Sub section f column 4 Any of those within the staff who are challenged by a student must show off a portion of their power to the student who wishes to fight the staff member as a warning to the student that they are fighting someone who has far more experience," he shrugged and said "Unless that rule has change Lilith?" he asked at the last part as he began to walk away. Thankfully the dust was blown away from the school.  He sighed to himself as he rubbed his shoulder slightly. "Been awhile since I used that old spell," he stated aloud.

Edited by dragon4111

5 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

Ghalan was about to go over to the cursing teacher until he saw the plants getting agitated. He began to breath sighty. "alright then," he muttered slightly to himself as he began to walk over to where he had left the little girl, demoness, and Duality. And as he walked he called to his staff(magic focus). He began to levitate off the ground using anti gravity around him. He amplified his voice using a simple spell and said out loud "DRUANTIA DO YOU TRULY WISH TO DUAL ME?!" he levitated higher as he raised his right hand forming a miniature black hole which began to devour the trash and debris which began to make it grow. He then clapped his hands together crushing the very black hole itself. He then pulled apart his hands causing a big Kaboom forcing him backwards in a shower of sparkling dust that dissipated. "THIS IS THE POWER THAT I WIELD DO YOU SEE NOW!?" he yelled out as he slowly levitated to the ground. A mere lightshow of course none of the students were in danger. Now then let's see if the little one would accept after that display of power.

@Mentis Soliloquy

DifferentUnlawfulBinturong-size_restrict

@dragon4111 @Duality @Denim&Venom

There was a strange feeling in Druantia's chest upon seeing that display. It was a mixture of fear overshadowed with intense excitement. She was itching to really test her mettle against someone who could expertly control magic. It was going to be a great test of her abilities. She could not hold it in any longer. She needed to engage in this duel immediately. Druantia turned over her shoulder and spoke out towards the Janitor as he attempted to walk away. She was not going to let him leave so easily. 

maria_ushiromiya___beautiful_darkside___

"Where are you walking off too Mister. The Duel is in This direction." she said with a calm yet eerily threatening tone. Though her face was now the picture of calm and collected, that chaotic insanity still radiated off her person, "I've already signed all the paperwork I need. No more posturing. No more grandstanding. Let us finally have this duel."

Her seeds were already chosen. Her plan of action was already plotted out. Now was the time to collect the harvest. 

(edited)

@Mentis Soliloquy @Duality @Buck Testa @dragon4111 @Arid_Blitz

Mindy sighed again. "One moment please." as she walked to the window and opened it. 

"Hey Miko." she hollered down to a vulpid ranting on civil inconsistencies to a poor smileadon. 

With a Crack, said vulpids head snaped back to look up at the lupine. "Na ni?" 

"Cancel your morning lecture. We're starting the combat demonstration early."

"... f:mellow:k yeah!" Her head snapped back down to face the fanged feline. 

"Where was I? Oh yeah. Walk with me kid!" as she began to head off. "By adults do you mean teachers or adults as in most of the other students? Cause that is me being a shining example of a functioning adult. Those things tend to swear. A lot. TV, books and movies don't do any of it justice. And that's a problem with this school. And most schools in general. They lack mature adults and actual teachers. But are at least staffed by babysitters and drill sergeants. Maintenance and control. That's how schools work with kids. They don't guide. They don't, y'know? Teach. 

So if I'm gonna fix this asinine system, I'm gonna be a very real teacher. After all, I don't want these kids having to endure the same "education" I got." 

Edited by Denim&Venom

(edited)

@Denim&Venom

Katarina had to put her thoughts in a row after being shouted at by the teacher she was trying to help. "Ur..." As she kept thinking it over before formulating a response. She decided to address them in the order that they were shouted at her in. "I think you should be setting an example to all the other adults in this school since there are no or very few kids here really... yes censorship is silly but no one is going to think well of you swearing your head off at me. Also, we have met, several times, I'm Katarina, one of the second years so we've bumped into one another from time to time." 

Before she could add more Ms.Tachibana simply dismissed her and walked off to talk to someone else in a car. "Well... that was a waste of my time and she was quite rude... so much for being a good samaritan." She said under her breath as she just stood there being completely ignored. 

"I mean you have some points, but... I guess it's not what I'd do, but then you're not me. But you must know to be so vocal with such language must... rub the wrong way with some people, a great many people don't like such 'real education' as you put it." Kat was trying to be tactful with her words on the subject. 

Edited by Mentis Soliloquy

(edited)

@Buck Testa @dragon4111 @Passion @Denim&Venom

On 5/19/2018 at 11:50 AM, Buck Testa said:

Dru looked at the sheet of paper and drew it to her with her power. the sheet flew from Duality's grasp and hovered in front of her as she read the contents of it. It seemed fairly standard, keeping them from being liable from any damages except what is required by law. Students under the age of sixteen need approval from a supervising teacher for a duel to take place. Understandable stuff. She didn't take the pen, instead she looked where she was to sign and simply created a signature on its surface. The letters seemed to stain onto the dotted line all at once, creating a neat flowing cursive with crisp black letters that seemed more a part of the page than the fine print itself. Instead of just dying it in with ink, she literally turned parts of the page black to make her signature appear. While she was at it she smoothed out the page till it seemed fresh out the rack. Not a single crease remained on it. She floated it back to the teacher and let it hang in the air for her to take when she was ready. 

"Paper is made from plants, this one specifically was made from an 15 year old birch tree. It makes doing homework quite easy when I can just visualize an essay onto the pages instead of having to write them out by hand." 

Duality half-turned away from the still-approaching Fenris to pluck the page out of the air, folding it up and flipping it behind her palm in a single smooth motion before spreading her hands wide in a flourish reminiscent of a stage magician to show that they were completely empty of paper. "Consider your application applied, my dear mademoiselle."

On 5/23/2018 at 1:11 PM, Passion said:

"Multiple, fully-empowered Daemons...? So... can they actually not be as strong as I imagined?" - her stare was pointing downwards as she was holding her chin in right hand, lost in deep thought. Her clawed, left hand was holding her right elbow - "Can I actually defeat her? Stand up to her power?" - a long forgotten spark of hope ignited in her soul again - "And the Inferno incident... how come *I* of all people have not heard anything about it?" - another furrow flashed across her forehead - "Maybe this heaven-forsaken University could help me, then."

[...]

"...Edna."

Duality's renewed attention to Dr. Fenris faltered as her senses picked up on the faintest of flickers from Ley's magical aura. She focused on the student just in time to witness her intently introspective frown and the name she breathed without words - "Edna".

On 5/22/2018 at 9:20 AM, Denim&Venom said:

Distracted by the enigmatic enunciation of that eerily familiar name in the context of daemons and their power level, Duality absently commented "Your boss." before realising how snide her words sounded and turning back to begin an apology.

On 5/23/2018 at 1:11 PM, Passion said:

"Shall we be off, then?" - the pink haired girl inquired, a bit impatiently - "I will wait further down the hall, I am positive I passed next to library during my... travels. I think." - with these words she made a swift turn on her heel, but turned her head back to look at the group again before stepping forward - "Lady Druantia, Miss Fenris." - the words were thrown as a temporary goodbye and Ley walked off a number of steps away, far enough to be out of anyone's immediate vicinty and interest, but in eye's reach so that Miss Particle would not have to search for her.

Duality's attention flickered back to Ley again, her half-formed expressions of regret sputtering into nothing on her lips, as the student curtly and unexpectedly took her leave, leaving behind an impression of barely-suppressed irritation with the situation she found herself in and frustrated confusion at an indecipherable matter beyond the bounds of her current surroundings.

On 5/23/2018 at 2:32 PM, Buck Testa said:

Dru felt a mixture of annoyance and offence that Duality was casting her off to another teacher so she could go do other things. Was she bored with her? The girl was not used to being treated as anything else than the scary mafia princess with plant powers. She rarely ever noticed her own age in her own little world, here she truly felt like a twelve year old getting ignored and snubbed by adults. She hated it. She wanted to lash out. In fact her hand twitched to the seeds in her dress pockets, however she held off. She couldn't deal with people here like she did at home. Plus she didn't really want to hurt Duality. In the short time they had talked she had grown interested in her. Connected in a way she couldn't with normal people. It just made the fact that she seemed to be shoving her off to someone else hurt that much more. Her face was just a mix of emotions competing against each other, and she could feel her eyes lightly watering before she composed herself. She couldn't cry on her first day, that would just be embarrassing.

Now thoroughly disarmed by how rapidly the situation was disintegrating around her, Duality glanced back from Ley's retreating back just in time to take in Druantia's expression as it slipped into clear hurt and fear at her apparent dismissive hand-off. She tried to offer some encouragement, to say that it was only for a short while and only for the sake of administering to the specific needs of both of the students in her care, but her reassurances failed to assemble themselves into English in her head, instead jumbling her thoughts even further.

On 6/3/2018 at 12:04 PM, Buck Testa said:

She tried to not show her irrational fear of the Pelajae show too much, but from the expression on Fenris's face and the tone of her voice, it clearly wasn't working. This sparked anger in her against herself. She was showing weakness to this Pelajae, letting her, no, IT have power over her. She wasn't going to let herself be weak like she was that night against those wolf men. The air grew a bit thicker now, her power was rearing up, trying to make itself threatening like an animal backed against a corner. Outside the windows of the hall, the plants were growing visibly dark and thorny. Her body stopped shaking, and her sweat seemed to vanish as her bangs covered her eyes completely. When she raised her gaze again she looked like a different person, one with a cold and calculating stare and a smirk that oozed confidence and malevolence. 

Duality momentarily entertained the notion of just running away and hiding in her office indefinitely as she simply stood there, left overwhelmed and helpless by the emotional rifts opening up around her and engulfing her former companions' carefully cultivated calmness. Most knew the professor as being characteristically confident, organised, and notoriously skilled at conflict resolution, but her formidable focus could not be pried apart between two developing crises without her head seemingly splitting in twain with it, all her skills falling into a crevasse of consciousness and being swept away in the unstoppable stream of thought raging at the bottom. Rather like a gyroscope, a shard of her sanity reflected in its fracture-sharp surface with the absurd rationality of the dazed. It spins with astonishing poise and even returns to its original position if disturbed, but if you slice it down the middle the two parts of it fly apart. The halves balance each other out, see, and you can't stabilise one without the other.

On 6/6/2018 at 10:02 PM, dragon4111 said:

On 6/6/2018 at 10:15 PM, Denim&Venom said:

Mindy sighed as Ghalan began to demonstrate is powers.  "Seriously? Your gonna get your kicks in by trying to intimidate a child?" 

Both would feel their hairs start to stand on end, the air getting thicker and more humid, as the professors eyes faintly began to glow with St.Elmo'se. 

Why are all our staff so trigger-happy with their magic? I've brought this up with HR before and they just shrugged it off. Same with the psychological issues. And the tragic history. One would think a professional, highly-trained, internationally-sourced faculty would be slightly less dysfunctional on the whole. Perhaps magic - the power given one's personality - actually exerts a strain on the psyche, thus causing abnormal deterioration in mental stability. Note to self: check for existing research on the subject and commence own research if none forthcoming.

On 6/7/2018 at 3:41 AM, Buck Testa said:

"Where are you walking off too Mister. The Duel is in This direction." she said with a calm yet eerily threatening tone. Though her face was now the picture of calm and collected, that chaotic insanity still radiated off her person, "I've already signed all the paperwork I need. No more posturing. No more grandstanding. Let us finally have this duel."

Her seeds were already chosen. Her plan of action was already plotted out. Now was the time to collect the harvest. 

I'm not exactly a qualified psychologist, but the study of mental magic does leave one with plenty of contacts who are; it shouldn't be too - "Wait, what?" Duality finally managed to utter. "Hey, wait, Ghalan, you still need to sign your own duel acceptance form and I need to be there for the duel because I'm the one who signed off on her signing up for the duel and I thought Miss Druantia wanted to look around the duel arena before having a go at fighting staff and I still need some time with Ms Ley and well it's just I'll be a while with her in the library come and get me when everything's set up but I'll be back for you Miss Dru please don't be upset I'm only splitting up with you because I can't be in two places at once and this chat with Ley is actually quite important because daemon magic and all that horrible administrativia and uh goodbye for now but I'll hopefully not be long and I don't mean any slight to your wonderful self I just have to have this talk ASAP and you wanted your duel ASAP also and I'm still sorry conflicting schedules I never meant to hurt you or anything and Dr Fenris is really nice I promise she won't eat you or anything don't you dare eat her Fenris and don't give me those puppy eyes you signed up to teach kids it's not like she's less mature than most of the teenagers we have around here if you fail to abide by duel protocol Ghalan so help me and I really have to go sorry to everyone get me when the duel's ready byyyye." Duality snatched the proffered form from Ghalan, instantly prestidigitating it into apparent nonexistence as she had done Druantia's, and rapidly receded in the direction of Ley before she could make any more of a mess of things, chiding herself for allowing events to eventuate so eventfully. "Right behind you, Ms Ley! Sorry for the delay, I was just cleaning up after myself." Or perhaps just muddying up after myself, but I certainly hope it's the former.

Edited by Duality

Ghalan had signed the dual acceptance form and handed it over to Duality after he had walked over to her. He then said quietly to Duality "Sub section f column 4 Any of those within the staff who are challenged by a student must show off a portion of their power to the student who wishes to fight the staff member as a warning to the student that they are fighting someone who has far more experience," he shrugged to himself as he knew to hold back quite a lot of his power. Wouldn't want to hurt the students after all. She reminded him of the child that Lilith had taken in but then betrayed them all,  Ghalan was too late to save his best friend Gabriel from being murdered. Too late to help Lilith too late to confess his feelings for her? That's his life's story isn't it? always a moment too late to save anyone. This little girl has a lot of problems he could see it in her demeanor.

• Brohoof 1

On 6/7/2018 at 3:47 PM, Duality said:

"Hey, wait, Ghalan, you still need to sign your own duel acceptance form and I need to be there for the duel because I'm the one who signed off on her signing up for the duel and I thought Miss Druantia wanted to look around the duel arena before having a go at fighting staff and I still need some time with Ms Ley and well it's just I'll be a while with her in the library come and get me when everything's set up but I'll be back for you Miss Dru please don't be upset I'm only splitting up with you because I can't be in two places at once and this chat with Ley is actually quite important because daemon magic and all that horrible administrativia and uh goodbye for now but I'll hopefully not be long and I don't mean any slight to your wonderful self I just have to have this talk ASAP and you wanted your duel ASAP also and I'm still sorry conflicting schedules I never meant to hurt you or anything and Dr Fenris is really nice I promise she won't eat you or anything don't you dare eat her Fenris and don't give me those puppy eyes you signed up to teach kids it's not like she's less mature than most of the teenagers we have around here if you fail to abide by duel protocol Ghalan so help me and I really have to go sorry to everyone get me when the duel's ready byyyye." Duality snatched the proffered form from Ghalan, instantly prestidigitating it into apparent nonexistence as she had done Druantia's, and rapidly receded in the direction of Ley before she could make any more of a mess of things, chiding herself for allowing events to eventuate so eventfully. "Right behind you, Ms Ley! Sorry for the delay, I was just cleaning up after myself." Or perhaps just muddying up after myself, but I certainly hope it's the former.

ushiromiya_maria_2_by_aneroph.jpg

"...She's kinda odd for a Professor." Dru said flatly as she watched Duality rush off after giving her apologies at the speed of sound. The girl had only caught bits and pieces of it, she was just talking so fast that it was difficult to take it all in. The speed and strangeness of the whole thing had knocked Dru back into more of a neutral mood. She looked like a normal little girl at that point, just with a rather amusing puzzled look on her face. For the briefest second she almost forgot what she was pushing for before she glanced over and saw the janitor and Fenris. All she could do now is wait for them to finally lead her to the dueling arena and get this duel started. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Ghalan walked towards the arena dialing back his power down to 5% after his signed form was taken by Duality. He'd rather not hurt the child after all. But this little girl had problems. He pushed his thoughts away from everything else. Just this little expedition. But he wondered why this little girl wanted to dual him? Over some lost dignity? "I wonder Dru why this little dual?" he asked as he placed his staff into it's holster. "Can't be something as little as dignity?" he asked once more as he walked with the little girl along with Mindy and Tachibana. "Also Miss Tachibana watch your language around the children would you kindly," he stated simply and matter of factually and almost too sweetly.  He walked with the three women quickly. "You are a teacher you have to set an example," he stated simply as he hummed a little song to himself.

Edited by dragon4111

• 2 weeks later...

(unedited, raw posts, might be full of mistakes, apologies for that but I am too tired to proof-read them in any way for now)

IRA

"...for the last time, Zest, we will NOT postpone the date on which classes are meant to start. It's not even in my jurisdiction!" - the auditorium echoed with Ira's vibrant voice. Its acoustic capabilities were quite great, just in case regular tannoy would give up on existing. Considering the harsh atmosphere that sometimes accompanied her lectures, it was more than probable one day.

The auditorium itself was quite spacious, and could quite easily contain a few hundreds of students. At the beginning, she was given a small classroom to hole herself up in. However, it took her just a month to get really annoyed with that state. That's when she suggested she'd finance majority of the project's expenses, the project to build the space she was currently in. Although, in general, the auditorium was intended for much better use, Ira claimed it as her own, private classrom when no conventions were taking place. With it's large, walking floor, it looked more like an amphitheathre. There was, however, one distinguishing detail. It had a rather large pool built far across the room, on the opposite side of the entry doorway. The pool was there as a source of water for her, and student's, Icy/Watery endeavours. The whole truth about her input into auditorium's construction was known only to the highest of faculty, as she made sure no word spreads about it. She didn't speak of it either. True, initially it was a bit difficulty to explain where the funds came from for Lilith, but she eventually managed to convince the media it was all just an "anonymous donation" to the University. ...neither Lilith nor Ira had any idea if anybody with half of brain bought this story, but since there was no evidence of shady deals going on, the topic was eventually dropped.

A loud thud interrupted Ira's conversation with Zest, who was continuing to push forward with his idea of prolonging the summer break. Ira looked at its source, and noticed a crystalline statuette, made of very well molded, near see-through ice standing in front of her. It had a rectangular foundation, which soon turned into nifty shoes and, soon after, shapely legs. The higher her sight fell, the more details was she able to recognize, and soon after there was no denying it. The statuette represented herself and, quite surprisingly, was made of very high in quality and tough ice.

"It's for you, my princess." - Cain called her like that ever since he somehow learned of her lineage, and within just few months started claiming he knows everything about Ira. And, for Ira, it was terrifying to discover that he indeed knew much more than she wished him to. She had not a single clue as for where he was gaining all the details about her life, but no matter what she told him, he wouldn't stop. Thankfully, for now, he was quite harmless. "Wow. I mean. Wow. You've been working on your skills hard, haven't you Cain?" - she commented as she lustrated the statuette carefully, avoiding his eyes. "Only for you." - now, the problem with Cain was twofold. First of all, he was her student, therefore even if she was into him, she would not dare to do anything about it. Secondly... with comments like this and his zealous approach, he was simply coming off as creepy. Yet, his ego, overblown self-esteem and ignorance would not let him see this detail, even in spite of her words to make him realize it. "Yes, I bet..." - a sarcastic comment flew out of her lips - "I'll place it next to the remaining seven I guess." - Cain himself was quite a handsome young man, with beady and bright eyes and above-average intelligence. And to add to that, he was weird. In all the wrong ways.

"That's harsh. These words pierce my heart like a ruthless lancer would pierce his eternally hated enemy." - "Speaking of weirdness..." - "Tell you what..." - Ira brought both elbows on the table, resting her chin on the fragile bridge built from her fingers "...once we're of the same age, I will let you buy me a drink." - she said with a smile, knowing he would easily understand the catch behind her words. Without waiting for his answer, she focused on the scattered documents laying in front of her and started shuffling them around, pretending her actions had great meaning. A moment of silence fell, with remaining students observing his little show. They were definitely used to his behaviour, but still enjoying it way too much to interrupt it. "Do I have your word?" - this was not the answer she was expecting, something was amiss. "...well, yes?" - she confirmed raising her eyes, a bit confounded. "Splendind!" - he shouted, as he walked away - "Nothing a little bit of Chronometric magic couldn't solve!"

Ira observed his backs absolutely shocked with giant eyes, before bursting in laughter. "Hahahahahaha, you got me there! I nearly thought you were serious there Cain." - he didn't answer and headed towards the door. Her smile became stiff. "Cain?" - no reaction. Ira stood up, placing both palms at the desk and leaning behind him. "CAIN!?" - he walked outside the auditorium. She stared behind him in absolute disbelief, not knowing what to make out of this situation, before falling heavily back into her chair. This boy had some heavy issues. And he caused Ira heavy issues by this. She couldn't even understand his unhealthy affection, as she spotted at least three girls from this very class carrying the torch for him.

The next minutes, were passing slowly, albeit not calmly. Although she was answering numerous questions and discussing individual plans with older students, she could feel sporadic magical ripples flowing across the University's ley lines. Something was going down, and she could only hope the rest of the faculty had it covered this time.

@Arid_Blitz@Duality@Buck Testa@Denim&Venom@dragon4111

LEY

The descendant of Blood River family was standing in the hallway, leaning back against the wall with her arms crossed under her chest. She was trying to ignore the events transpiring between Dru and the newcomer teacher, patiently awaiting for Dr Particle to be done with her affairs. It wasn't hard, truthfully saying. Considering she had no qualms about ignoring just about anybody, it came to her quite easily. For an outsider, it would be hard to say what she was thinking about. Her eyes were absent and irises unfocused. Dimensional rifts? Extrapolating her Ultima's energy fluctuations? Estimating distortion error of her portals? The number of topics the distinguished Daemoness needed to cover with her thoughts was numerous. And right now, she was heavily preoccupied with internally huming one of the dumb songs she heard recently and just couldn't get out of her head by any means available to her. Calm outside, it made her furious inside.

On 6/6/2018 at 12:02 PM, dragon4111 said:

"DRUANTIA DO YOU TRULY WISH TO DUAL ME?!"

A sudden shout, familiar voice, brought her eyes back to life as she blinked suddenly, as if a stone gargoyle suddenly remembered how to live. She raised her head to witness a show of power coming from the man who humiliated her previously. A small, no, tiny, deeply black matter appeared outside the window in front of her. Even though its force wasn't that great, she could visibly see its gravitational field sucking the nearest items towards it. Given chance, it could grow enough to destroy... how much? The yard? University? Town? Entire planet? The manifestation disappeared as soon as it appeared, following Ghalan's clap of hands. The follow-up effect looked more like a needless addition to the spectacle.

On 6/6/2018 at 12:02 PM, dragon4111 said:

"THIS IS THE POWER THAT I WIELD DO YOU SEE NOW!?"

For once, she appreciated what he did. As she already advised to others, Ley enjoyed observing combat much more than participating in it herself. It helped her develop quick mind which swiftly moved onto projecting possible counterspells. Maybe if she could time one of her portal rifts with the hole's appearance? Or if she studied on how to actually manipulate portal's position... she could just send it to an entirely different dimension. Its inhabitants be damned. She made a mental note to look into this matter in following days to come.

While she pondered the possible outcomes, seething with hidden disdain towards the man, Dr Particle finally managed to catch up to her.

On 6/8/2018 at 12:47 AM, Duality said:

"Right behind you, Ms Ley! Sorry for the delay, I was just cleaning up after myself."

Ley pushed herself off the wall, brushing the back of her 'royal' outfit down. She tried to look as understanding as possible, however in the end she was never used to waiting nor having to force herself to be nice. And it was showing. "It's... fine." - she stumbled - "No harm done." - as if on purpose, her eyes fell on the window in front of her, but Ghalan was no longer there. He probably must have moved beyond her line of sight. She frowned feeling the wave of negative emotions flowing in. Before they managed to overcome her however, Ley shook them off and focused on Wave Particle. "Are you certain it is safe to leave these three alone, Miss Particle?" - she inquired with doubt in her voice "Don't get me wrong here of course, I couldn't care less for these two so called 'staff members'. But the girl..." - her sight fell on Druantia again, further down the hallway - "She's quite an interesting subject, I dare say."

• Brohoof 1

On 6/9/2018 at 6:36 PM, dragon4111 said:

Ghalan walked towards the arena dialing back his power down to 5% after his signed form was taken by Duality. He'd rather not hurt the child after all. But this little girl had problems. He pushed his thoughts away from everything else. Just this little expedition. But he wondered why this little girl wanted to dual him? Over some lost dignity? "I wonder Dru why this little dual?" he asked as he placed his staff into it's holster. "Can't be something as little as dignity?" he asked once more as he walked with the little girl along with Mindy and Tachibana. "Also Miss Tachibana watch your language around the children would you kindly," he stated simply and matter of factually and almost too sweetly.  He walked with the three women quickly. "You are a teacher you have to set an example," he stated simply as he hummed a little song to himself.

As she approached the Arena she was already laying the ground work for her victory. Seeds grown and nurtured by her own power flew from her pockets almost imperceptibly and burrowed themselves into the ground. One variety was of obscenely hot chili peppers, with scoville levels that were nearly lethal. This variety of pepper grew to enourmous sizes and put their liquid insides under enormous pressure when she wasn't using her power on them. Whenever someone attempted to pick one, its contents would blast out at them like a water cannon, tearing up their bodies with the seeds like they were from a shot gun. The seeds puncturing their bodies combined with the unbearably hot liquids made for instant incapacitation if not death. When Dru WAS using her powers on these hellish abominations, they were even more terrifying. This was just one of the varieties she was seeding into the ground. 

"I tell you the truth Janitor. I really just want to see what my natural ability can do against someone who has trained for as long as you have. Getting you back for treating me in that manner is just a bonus."

• Brohoof 1

Ghalan chuckled as he entered the dueling ring and said "Ah I see so partly revenge and partly to test yourself," he pulled out a rune kit. He placed two runes upon his wrists and they began to glow. the runes started to absorb most of his power down to 10%. He was weak enough to not cause too much damage. But he wouldn't be able to use his far deadlier spells. He watched the seeds fly into the ground that would be a pain in the arse to deal with. He placed the rune kit back into his overalls pocket. "Tell me do you think those seeds would be in the ground for long against someone who can use gravity?" he asked as he placed his hand onto the ground. He smirked at her and said "You have to come at me with the intent to kill," he stated as his voice started to get a dangerous edge to it. His eyes seemed to have a tinge of crimson to them.  "You're fighting against someone who will not hold back," he stated as he looked at the little girl. "Be more creative in fighting," he stated as he levitated the earth below him with him on it. "Create spells that suit the situation," Ghalan was on the defensive after all he wouldn't underestimate this girl. HE was also taunting her.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Buck Testa @Duality @Arid_Blitz @Passion@Mentis Soliloquy 

"What kind of puritanically blessed ear plugs have you all been given? Have any of you been to an actual school. An actual work place? Watched a dailymotion video? This is how the overwhelmingly vast majority of sentient beings host casual conversation. You can read from a Websters dictionary with as much received pronunciation as you like? But me, and any other sane person, are gonna say whatever the f:mellow:k is appropriate! Censorship is for the weak. And last I checked you don't run the language arts department." Miko ranted to all who would listen on their way to the arena. 

"Besides, you say it sets a good example? No. it doesn't. It sets up a false expectation. That's not how people are. That's not how the world works. students can tell. Oh they can tell when you're not being authentic. They're smarter than they look. We're not gonna get anywhere by expecting them to act like adults, yet treating them like children." 

They paused at an intersection. "Now you combatants can head to the gym. It's not hard to find. Miss Fenris and I need to warm up so we can "demonstrate" the dueling system. Plus half a dozen other things that I don't have time to get done. You-" she pointed to Katrina. "Best head in early. You'll want to get a front row seat before the classes start filing in. Ciao! " as she headed off.

"It always has to be a flair for the dramatics doesn't it?" as Miss Fenris went the other way. 

The Arena

(Also known as The Shatter Dome)

Students and staff began filing in to the modest gymnasium, taking their seats among the opposing sides of pull out bleachers. 

"Oh this is just depressing. Nobody wants to see this! Attention has to be kept!" As over in the locker room office, Miko hit a few keys on the arena's projection grid. 

A wave of light and shoadow rippled over the students and staff. They were no longer sitting in a gym, but a domed stadium that could probably hold a dozen gymnasiums. a roaring and ruckus sea of seats and people surrounded the dueling center, which looked like a canvas surrounded by a eight sided cage, where a ramp lead to the locker rooms, now transformed into a massive LED stage with a jumbo sized screen above. 

Then the lights went out. On the screen read the obligatory saftey instructions. Not storming the arena floor. Not interfering in a match. Don't pirate the broadcast, the usual. 

Then the intro package began playing.

Spoiler

Images and graphics of past fights and fighters. Miko was in it. Mindy was in it. Ghalan was in it. Any faculty worth their salt was featured in the violently choreographed hype package. 

Now all that was needed was the participants to perform the 'demonstration.' 

• Brohoof 1

Ghalan looked at Miko no looked isn't the right word for this situation no he glared at her as he just walked to the arena. His hands in his pockets. "You know Miko need I remind you that we are professionals?" he asked as he got into the arena. "But of course you won't listen because your bullheaded," he muttered to himself and he just sighed at the kitsune. "After I deal with this kid's lack of control," he stated as he pointed to Miko. "You are next," he said plain and simply. If anyone had looked at his magical aura it was down to 5 percent thanks to the runes on his wrists absorbing his excess magic. though if he fought against a teacher? all bets were off. He would come at the teacher who challenged him to a fight full power. He looked to the opposite side of the ring waiting for his opponent putting his hand onto his staff.

• Brohoof 1