Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Salem University

Duality

1 hour ago, Dante Wubbington said:

Dante nods, "That's right Dr. Duality! As for why I've teleported over here, it's to see if I can teach students here about Magitek. However, I believe we have a much more important matter to attend to if you know what I mean," then Dante puts her folder away into her H.A.T.C.H.'s pocket dimension, "Requip setting, Silent Hero," Dante is then covered in a quick flash of light, then after the light faded, she was decked out in what looked like an Organization XIII coat & holding what looks like a night themed Skysplitter replica, "Before you ask about what you just saw, that's my Requip magic at work. This weapon I have here is called "Moon Breaker. Let's go & get there before things get worse, ya?"

Dante runs off in the direction of the courtyard to see if she's needed to help keep things under control.

Duality watched her rush off in some confusion. "Did she just womansplain requip magic to me? What are kids coming to these days?" She turned to her classroom door and paused again. "Wait, 'important matter to attend to'? 'Let's go and get there before things get worse'? Surely - no - she can't've been talking about the Blackirith fight. That - but - is she actually going to interfere?" She broke out in a fit of chortles at the absurdity of the possibility, then stopped abruptly, fingers tapping her hip, as she sensed that the unicorn was actually heading in the direction of the courtyard. "I certainly hope she's new. I'd like to think our curriculum teaches enough sense into students that they don't try breaking up other people's fights unless there's an actual reason to. Especially when the people fighting might take offense at the intrusion and turn their combined fighting prowess onto the random who crashed their duel. Mr. Blackrose would probably refrain from doing so out of sheer force of professionalism, but I don't have nearly as much confidence in Dr. Kirith's capacity to not beat up irksome people." Duality quickly slipped into her classroom and found it significantly less messy than she had anticipated; apparently she'd completely forgotten about having put away her paperwork before leaving for the assembly. After some rapid, cursory, and mostly redundant tidying, she hurriedly shut and relocked the door behind her and strode in the same direction as the errant student of a few minutes previously. "First day of school and I'm already saving lives. They say magic is supposed to make your life easier."

(edited)

Dante reached the ice barrier around the courtyard & decides to look for a good vantage point to see if she's needed in the fight or not, "Time to see how far this fight will go," said Dante as she teleports to the roof to look down at the courtyard, if things go too far, I'm stepping in."

Dante then takes off her shades & puts them away in her H.A.T.C.H.'s pocket dimension, which in turn shows what her face really looks like. She has a scar over her left eye, yet her left eye looks to be technologal in nature & it seems to be giving off magic. The tip of her right eat looked like someone had cut the tip off in a fight. Next, she has a scar on the left side of her jaw. And finally, she has a cross shaped scar on her right cheek, "Normally, I don't take my shades off unless I'm actually expecting myself to be in a fight. It's a good thing I am expecting to be in a fight here," then Dante dismisses Moon Breaker back to her Requip pocket dimension.

Spoiler

"My H.A.T.C.H.'s pocket dimension is entirely separate from my Requip pocket dimension," said Dante to no one in particular.

Edited by Dante Wubbington
  • Brohoof 1

Sorxir jolted her body to wake up and rubbed her black eye, then she put her eyepatch back on and got up to stretch out her bones. She opened her hands and willed a ball of light to form in the palm of her hands. The light flickered across her face as it wavered.

Shadow got up and decided to see what his students will be like. She pulled his coat on and grabbed his hat and cane, then he stepped out of the room and started walking through the halls.

Rose calmly let the magic go and collapsed on the gym's floor, almost out of magic. She gasped for breath and got up and made a cane like her father's out of her shadow. She stepped out of the gym and walked out into the hallway, She saw her dad and headed the other way. She was still mad at her father for sticking her in with him to keep an eye on her.

• Brohoof 1

@Dante Wubbington @Duality @Arid_Blitz@Mentis Soliloquy@Skylord Nexus@reader8363

Ghalan started to walk through the courtyard finishing up his sweep of the auditorium. He sighed to himself as he looked to one of the buildings. "Ah cripes a briken window already on the first day!?" he asked out loud with abit of credulity in his voice. "If I find out who did it I'm putting my leader boots so fr up their arse they'll be spitshining them," he muttered to himself as his temper flared and an unfortunate crunch of a metal bar was hard. He breathed in then out as he heard that. "Right then control," he stated to himself as he started to walk back to check on the first years students and giving them some directions to their class. He groaned slightly as he felt like he was going to have a big headache as he walked over to the training area.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Duality bounded up the stairs at a pace nearly as fast as her desperately-late-to-a-meeting clip. She had played out several iterations of the potential repercussions of interfering with an all-out Blackirith duel in her head and had come to suspect that the limit of the outcome as realism approached infinity equalled fatality to at least three decimal places. "Where do we even get kids this suicidal?", she muttered absently, hands virtually vibrating as she kept a bead on the running student. "Not to mention messy; she leaks magic like a diarrhoeic on a prune diet. I can even distinguish the two separate hammerspace links she has running. I daresay Dr. Kirith could teach her something about subtlety, no offence intended to either party." She arrived at a top-floor window facing out onto the oblivious combatants' ice-clad square of green, slid it open, and deftly manoeuvred herself out onto the fortunately broad windowsill. "I'm getting too old for this," she grumbled, as she twisted up onto the ornamental eave directly below the red unicorn's lookout perch and rose to a standing position facing her, wobbling uncertainly on the uneven tiles. "Hey! Mademoiselle Unicorn! Why such a speedy exit?"

Edited by Duality
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Dante looked at Duality, "I came here in case things get a 'bit' too destructive," then her left eye changed to blue, "Dante, you know you want to join in that fight," her left eye changed back to gold, "Shut it Gearstep. I will ONLY interfere if I have to. Besides, I'd rather interfere when it's necessary as opposed to just jumping in when I might either go too far or possibly get myself killed without knowing how to counter either of them," her left eye changed back to blue, "Oh c'mon, they both look like they can't take us at full power," her left eye changed back to gold AGAIN, "Gearstep, that's no excuse for jumping into the fray like a suicidal moron," her left eye changed to blue once again, "Yeah yeah yeah Ms. 'I-wanna-teach-students-about-Magitek'," then her left eye changed back to gold, "You take that back Gearstep," then Dante looks at Duality with an apologetic look on her face, "I apologize for Gearstep's behavior just now. She's kind of like... A sadistic child that doesn't give two craps about anyone unless it's to antagonize them. Also, I'm 20 years old."

Duality blinked once, staring at her. "Uh. Twenty years old. Got it. You are aware that the duellists down there are the University's most senior combat teacher and his prodigy-pupil from back in the day just having a friendly smackdown? They're not fighting to kill anyone, they're more than skilled enough to keep their fight from causing excessive collateral damage, and they can most definitely take you at full power." She glanced down at the fight below them, flexing her fingers slightly. "In fact, with the effectively unchecked magic-leakage you're giving off, they could probably take you with your full power itself. Now, how about we get down off the roof - it's symmetry-breakingly chilly up here - and talk about that teaching thing you mentioned earlier. If you like, I can even show you how to not broadcast your power levels to the whole world. Does that sound good to you?"

Duality began gingerly backtracking her way over the tiles in a bid to coax the unicorn to do likewise.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Dante follows Duality, "Dr. Duality, I've seen & been through a lot in the past 8 years that would break the minds of most people. A secret war between 4 tribes of mages, inhumane torture, & I was even forced to create Magitek that would kill off an entire village in mere seconds. The torture was what created Gearstep. Before you say that you're sorry, don't. I don't need anyone's pity, just something that would be considered 'normal' for a mage & I'm good here. Then again, the definition of normal varies from person to person. For some, insanity is normal. Others, it's usually the small things in life," then she summons her shades & puts them on, making her look like she's not been injured in her life, "These shades of mine help me hide the scars so that I don't get asked about how I got them. Also, do you usually have this kind of effect on others, as in they trust you immediately with their secrets & what not?"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Duality edged back through the still-open window, helping the red unicorn down after her with an eye for the slip hazard that the slick windowsill posed for the student's hooves. "Normally people take a bit more time to get to know what I'm like before they spill their beans all over me, but, to an extent, yes. As for your singularly unfortunate mental condition, I wasn't going to apologise for it, I was actually going to suggest that you try seeing our on-site guidance counsellors for advice on how to keep it from affecting your quality of life. They deal with torture victims on a surprisingly regular basis; mostly former citizens of superstitious third-world countries that react badly to magic in general. Here, come, I'll take you back to my office." Safely back on terra firma, she lapsed back into stride down the hall, peering over her shoulder to make sure her newly-acquired acquaintance was following her. Ah, well, seems like I shan't be alone for a while. I should probably keep my monologues to myself until I'm by myself again; the girl seems psychologically damaged enough as it is without the trauma of having to listen to me blab to myself for minutes on end. Now, the student tours probably won't get properly underway for at least an hour or so, so I should have plenty of time to help her out. What was it she wanted? Ah, to teach magitech; of course. It's a possibility - we've been looking for a teacher of magitech for months - but with a potentially violent alter ego running amok through her head she'd need constant supervision. I'd have to run the whole thing past Principal Plowse and ensure the availability of a sufficiently powerful staff member to keep an eye on her classes, but it's certainly possible."

Arriving at and opening the door of her office for the third time that day, Duality pulled out a chair in front of her desk for the unicorn, moved to her own significantly more padded swiveling armchair, and collapsed gratefully into its plush cushioning, feeling the aches induced by her earlier roof-climbing antics begin to ebb in the familiar warmth of her classroom. "Can I get you anything? There's a nice cold bottle of vintage Swiss springwater in the fridge for the more refined palate. Or, if that's not your sort of thing, I have some fruit juice too, fresh in this morning. Custom blend of apricot, pomegranate, feijoa, and fig, courtesy of an absolutely fantastic gourmet mixologist I know who graciously keeps me in perpetual supply of a dazzlingly exotic array of liquid cuisine - in exchange simply for my advice on which types of water she should use as ingredients for the more flavour-modulated of the various delicacy drinks on the menu of the from-home juice bar she runs." Her train of thought switched tracks as she realised she still hadn't asked the name of the student before her. "Ah, boson, but I can't keep calling you 'Mademoiselle Unicorn', now, can I? What moniker do you go by, if I may ask?"

Edited by Duality
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Dante thinks about it, "If I'm going to sound professional or formal, I'd prefer 'Ms. Wubbington', but if it's just to be casual, I'd prefer Dante," summons a cup of hot tea from her H.A.T.C.H. & takes a sip of it "Gotta love that Jasmine Tea," sighs in relief, "Oh & the look on your face earlier told me that you talking to yourself wouldn't help me with my mental condition. I've studied Psychology alongside Quantum Mechanics & Engineering. I've had years to get some control over Gearstep. Of course, back when she was first created, she was a bloodthirsty monster for about a month. Now adays, she's more of a nuisance to me when I don't need her input on things, such as back on the roof on whether or not I should jump in to interfere in that fight in the courtyard. Don't get me wrong, she loves a good fight but she prefers to get her opponents angry to force them to make a mistake & when they do make a mistake, she's going to take advantage of that mistake and beat them down for it. Me? I prefer to analyze my opponent's fighting style so I can make the appropriate counter measures for them when I feel like I've gathered enough data on them to fight back effectively. When Gearstep & I switch at the right times, we're a force to be reckoned with when we face an opponent together that knows nothing of our fighting styles & tactics."

Dante summons her lesson plan folder from her H.A.T.C.H., "these are the lessons I have planned. Also, I have a good idea on how to introduce myself & Gearstep to the students. However, it requires that I have my Virtual Reality Mana Drive to work properly. I call it the 'Specter Sapphire'," she then teleports the Magitek project in question along with her notes for it, "I need a second opinion on the Specter Sapphire. I've run & crunched the numbers myself & it should be working fine yet it's not able to do anything supposed to. I should look at the blood sample I used to see if it's one of the ones that was willingly given or if it's one of the samples I was forced to take from a freshly dead corpse back in that war," she then pulls up a Hologram Monitor & looks through her blood samples that she has and finds the one she was looking & facepalms, "Of course it's the one from the corpse of a Master Illusion mage," sighs in disappointment of what she did, "If I had checked earlier, I probably would have caught that before now."

Later Losers! I'm going to quit this RP! Hope you can find a replacement for me cause I've done SO MANY edits that it's not FUNNY!!!

@Dante Wubbington @Duality @Arid_Blitz@Mentis Soliloquy@Skylord Nexus@reader8363

Ghalan heard the fighting from outside the dueling center and grumbled.... "Damn it Blackrose," he shook his head as he quickly walked away towards Duality's classroom to make sure the rather insane teacher had everything she needed...And that she was on her meds. Honestly that woman neede meds like Lilith needed to move on. He walked quickly using his powers to once again keep the area clean and tidy. When he arrived at the classroom he heard two female voices. One was that of Duality and the other hmm a familiar voice Dante he thought maybe? He opened up the door after knocking politely to get their attention. Ghalan was currently about to open the door slowly. He wanted to interject on their topic maybe some insight? Hmm maybe not but it sounded serious.

(edited)

Duality's nose twitched at the smell of the tea as she listened to Dante chat about her psychotic alter-ego. Insipid leaf-water. I've never understood why anyone would want to taint perfectly good Aitch-two-Oh with wilted plant. Spoils the flavour, spoils the bouquet, even spoils the texture. Horrifying crime against cuisine, really. Her attention returned to the student as the conversation turned to a broken technological experiment that needed a second opinion. She opened her mouth to provide one, only to realise that Dante was mostly talking to herself by that point. Ah, how good it is to hear the young ones following in the steps of their elders. The capacity to find satisfaction in one's own conversation is a great boon indeed. If only because it means being left to your own devices is no cause for boredom.

Duality was roused from her thoughts once again by a faint thwoomp of imploding air. She glanced at the seat in front of her to find that the former occupant had teleported without notice. "Ah? Where did she go?" she murmured in some confusion, turning in her chair to look around the room as if the red unicorn was to be found hiding under a desk somewhere. "She was talking about her faulty invention - ah! She went to fix whatever was wrong with it. Of course. You should have been listening, my dear doctor, that's your job." A polite knock at the door interrupted her pending self-chiding session, followed by the welcome sight of none other than the janitor himself sticking his head into the room. "So, what brings you here, Ghoulish- Ghastly- Ghalan?" Duality smirked. "Here to make sure I take my meds? Don't worry, I've improved a lot lately. Only frothed at the mouth for like ten minutes this morning." She paused in mock-consideration. "Or maybe that was just when I was brushing my teeth. If you were looking for Ms. Wubbington, you just missed her. Consider me your consolation prize."

Duality rose and strolled to the fridge to preemptively parry the cleaner's imminent return repartee with a well-placed offer of cocoa-cinnamon-cedar-combination 'fruit' juice.

Edited by Duality

@Duality

"Quite unfortunate," Ghalan stated with a grin on his face as he sighed to himself. "Her control needed work," he shrugged slightly as he looked around. So how have you been settling in?" Ghalan asked with a small smile on his face. From his pack he puled out a thermos filled with coffee. He looked at Duality with a sigh. "Honestly she had alot of promise here at the school if not for her reliance on her magic tech. That will only get her so far," he stated as he drank from his thermos. "Would've been able to teach but hey that's what you get for not getting a good grade in your classes," Ghalan stated with a small chuckle and abit of self deprecative humor. He smirked slightly to himself as he looked around and said "I could always count on you to keep your classroom clean Ms.Duality,"

Edited by dragon4111

As the fight began he was finding her efforts to be a little underwhelming, she used a half pulled shot on him. Of course he showed off by snatching it and tossing it back, the ice around them made for a perfect shield so he was sure to avoid getting too close to it. If he got too close it would begin to dissolve and the fight would spill out. His mind was remembering some of the times they trained before. She was unfocused in the beginning, making moves without realizing what to do after wards, tried to use dirty tricks. She took to his teaching probably better then most...well, only a few were better then her however they were both gone from the school. One however would of probably replaced him, becoming so good even coming close to defeating him. When that student left it was hard to find a new replacement,

Ira was a diamond in the rough though, she needed to have all this pressure put on her as well the heat of constant battles, spars and training. She has come a long way and even learning peoples fighting styles anticipating their moves, as she was fixing her hair he chuckled some "I dont mind, seems you should cut it short or learn to fight with it in your face. I'm pretty sure no one will stop mid-fight and allow you to fix your hair." as she told him  she would show how much he improved he let out a yawn towards her "Well I'm still waiting for you to make it worth waking up for." he slowly closed his eyes leaning his head to the side pretending to sleep.

Not long after he did that he opened his eyes and rushed at her as he closed the distance he said towards her "Come on show me your improvements, it obvious isnt about being ready for a fight. You call time out again, I'll end it faster."

• Brohoof 1

maria.jpg

"Grandpa, I'm heading off to college!" 

Her grandpa was having a meeting with someone who was in trouble, but it was okay that she was going inside cause he asked her to. The man who was in trouble was annoyed that she had rushed inside and ran to her grandpa's side. The man had felt especially annoyed since brown haired girl had accidentally scrapped his neck with something on her clothing, making him wince in pain.

Dru could tell that this man had been trying his best to make her Grandpa feel better. However this was not something a simple apology could fix. 

Her grandpa leaned down in his chair and took her into a one armed hug as she gave him a little peck on the cheek. As he straightened up he greeted her. 

"Happy to hear that sweetie, let me get a look at my little Druantia" 

She turned on her heel and showed off her clothes that she picked out for the day, one of her favorites that he had gifted to her awhile back. Pink and red always had played well on her. It suited her, making her seem like the flowers she loved to grow so much. The little moment they shared together was short lived as the rude man interrupted them. 

" With all due respect my Don, but she shouldn't just be bursting in here like that." 

His voice hitched at the end of his sentence as her Grandpa glared at the man who was in trouble.

"That's silly Mr. Vinny, I came in here because my Grandpa asked me to." 

Something in the air shifted from the tone of her voice. She hadn't looked at him, but the man could feel something in his chest clench in fear at the sound of her voice. Though she looked quite young, there was a hint of primal danger in this room that made him feel jumpy. That feeling only intensified as she turned to face him. 

UminekonoNakuKoroni5.jpg

"Grandpa tell's me you've been making deals behind his back. You said you would become friends with my Grandpa so you could take me away from him. He was quite sad about this betrayal Mr Vinny. He's always sad when one of his family thinks they can stab him in the back." 

As she spoke she got closer to him. His fight or flight instincts were taking over now as he tried to avoid those eyes of her. He wanted to reach for his gun, but his arm wasn't moving. He wanted to run out of the room, but his legs were not moving either. In fact the more he tried to move, the more alarmed he became at the fact that he couldn't. Something had paralyzed him and he was left defenseless as the girl loomed over him. He knew there was someone in this place that was the key to growing amazing drugs, but he didn't think it was this girl until it was far to late. A chilling smirk grew on her face as she patted her small hand onto the man's cheek, her eyes cold and dead as they locked onto his. 

0f18e7bc658f75abbe39b743f6cdb47e7a28e099

"I scratched you with a little thorn when I came into the room. A tiny little scratch that nobody would have noticed. It's stopped you from squirming about. Grandpa cannot have his help making bad deals like that behind his back. Especially when I'm about to go away for awhile. Don't worry about the friends you talked to last night by the way. I already had them taken care of. As for you, Grandpa already has a nice place for you to rest." 

"Do...Don...please..." His throat was starting to lose feeling now. His voice was dying even as he tried to beg for his life. Nothing made his heart thump in so much panic as this girl's cold stare that was watching his growing horror without a hint of emotion. He was going to die and there was nothing he could do about it now. 

All at once her face brightened up as she patted the paralyzed man's head and turned to her Grandpa. "Alrighty, with that little piece of business out of the way I'm heading out!"

"Make sure to call as soon as you get there young lady!" Her Grandpa called after her in a mock scolding tone.

"I know~!" 

With that she skipped off out the door to the limo that was to take her to her college. The Don let out a little content sigh and looked at the paralyzed Vinny 

"She's a sweetheart really, it's a shame you had to meet her under these circumstances." He snapped his fingers, bringing a couple men forward at either side of the paralyzed man who's eye's were virtually screaming in panic and terror. 

"Make sure he's good and buried, I don't want his body showing up later." 

Edited by Buck Testa

@Mentis Soliloquy@woodchunks66@Arid_Blitz@Denim&Venom@Biohazarddallas

"What's the point of this charade?" - a rhetorical question was left hanging with nobody to answer. Ley was leaning against the wall outside of auditorium halls, watching from afar and listening to the speeches and, for some odd reasons, peculiar musicals taking place inside it. She had her arms crossed in front of her chest. Her face was wearing an expression of amusement mixed with shame. She, an elite above the elites in social status, brought down and forced to attend a PUBLIC University. A frown of anger flashed through her face, but it disappeared as fast as it appeared. She let out a pitiful sigh as she remembered there was no other sensible choice, but the idea still boiled her blood.

As the 'circus performance' came to an end, a wave of students started heading out through the entryways, some of them heading her direction. Ley didn't budge, stoically holding her ground and making sure the wall behind her does not fall over. She turned her head to the side however, not wishing to look at them. As the group reached her, some of them stopped in their tracks in shock, others followed in their steps out of curiosity. At this point, she didn't react yet, however she could hear the whispers growing in pitch, a few shouts being directed at her. Second time in two minutes she allowed herself for a heavy sigh, just before speaking. "The horns are fake. Same with the ears. All of this is just a costume, I am not a Demon." - at this point she turned her eyes upon the crowd - "NOW SCRAM." - her last two words were shouted out, with visible anger drawing on her face and in her voice. She allowed the claw on her left hand to emanate a little bit of dark energies for better effect. They'd either buy it or not, she didn't really care at all.

She was a half-deamon, at least physically, true, but she didn't want to go around flaunting it before she learned why was she actually 'invited' to the University. The plan was all along to send her here, so it was only surprising to discover that once the University learned of her condition, they have extended a more official invitation and expressed interest. She didn't know if the interest in her was expressed before or AFTER they have learned she had demon ties. And she hated the latter. Even though she got used to the treatment more or less, it was still an absolute faux pas. Although... she had no idea where to go now. And it was bugging her beyond limit.

With reluctance, she addressed the students who were still staying around. "Which one of you knows who leads this place and can have the honor of helping me, by leading me there?" - there was not a sign of kindness in her voice, the whole sentence sounded like a well refined demand, as if the person who said it was experienced in ordering others around. She didn't enjoy the idea of having to rely on others, but this time she had no choice if she wanted to avoid wasting hours on searching the correct room...

(edited)
On 4/14/2018 at 9:50 PM, dragon4111 said:

@Duality

"Quite unfortunate," Ghalan stated with a grin on his face as he sighed to himself. "Her control needed work," he shrugged slightly as he looked around. So how have you been settling in?" Ghalan asked with a small smile on his face. From his pack he puled out a thermos filled with coffee. He looked at Duality with a sigh. "Honestly she had alot of promise here at the school if not for her reliance on her magic tech. That will only get her so far," he stated as he drank from his thermos. "Would've been able to teach but hey that's what you get for not getting a good grade in your classes," Ghalan stated with a small chuckle and abit of self deprecative humor. He smirked slightly to himself as he looked around and said "I could always count on you to keep your classroom clean Ms.Duality,"

Duality emerged from her office's small kitchenette with a glass of water for herself and a flask of matt-brown liquid for the janitor. "Tidiness is a sign of an obsessive mind, as my mother always said. I never quite figured out what she meant by that until I realised that I regularly spent up to six hours straight working on individual mathematical problems. As for how I've been settling back in, the year's barely even started and I already have a feeling it'll be an interesting one. Certainly a variegated batch of students this intake, that's for sure. Would you like a dash of 'Triple-C' with that coffee of yours? This is a new recipe of my secretary's - a mixture of cinnamon shavings, ground cedar bark, and hand-powdered cocoa, apparently. I'm starting to suspect she's frantically resorting to exotic herbal concoctions to take me out after none of her more mainstream poisons had any effect." She returned to her seat and slid the blown-glass bottle across the table to Ghalan.

"So, how's the cleaning going? Plenty of messes to keep you busy? Given that Mr. Blackrose and Dr. Kirith are at it hammer-and-tongs, I'd be surprised if there weren't. Speaking of work, what are you doing in here, eh? Slacking off your shift to steal some of my exquisitely eldritch plant extracts in hopes that I'll chat you up enough to give you an excuse not to work? Well, your ploy is working, so I hope you're happy."

Edited by Duality

@Duality @Khajiit @Arid_Blitz @dragon4111  @reader8363

To those who had a view of the entrance to the University's estate, a strange sight would befall them. A caravan of black vehicles drove into the entrance in a uniform fashion. The procession was slow and deliberate, each vehicle carefully surrounding one very long and clearly armored limousine. What was stranger than the sheer number of escorting vehicles was what was going on around them. Plants and trees on Salem's property began reacting almost immediately as the limo pulled in at a certain point. Almost all at once, trees started bending and swaying towards the car as if moved by the wind. Everything from the grass to bushes seemed to move in a uniform fashion, seemingly magnetized by whatever was inside of that limousine. The plants seemed possessed with a will of their own, and this only grew as they suddenly began to change color from the natural shades of green into an eerily iridescent red. Now leaves, faintly glowing crimson as they left their branches, floated and swirled around the limo as it continued it's slow, purposeful path to the main building. 

Inside of the limo, Dru was singing to herself, waving her hands lightly in the air as she orchestrated the plants around her. Magic permeated this property in a way she wasn't used to, and it was quite a delight to feel through the plants she came in contact with. Her guards in the limo tried to keep themselves stoic and expressionless, but they felt uneasy whenever the Don's Druantia let her power run wild like this. Especially now that she was no longer on the Don's property, having her draw attention to herself like this understandably put them on edge. 

"I wonder what the students are like in there. It'll be nice to meet everyone." 

Her guards didn't answer her. They maintained their vigilance and prayed that they wouldn't incur her or the Don's wrath. The things they had seen from her were more than enough to know that it was best to not play with fire. Her eyes were lightly glazed over with a little smirk adorning her lips as she crossed her legs. It wouldn't be long now before she met with a representative for a little tour while her men put her stuff into her new dorm room. 

• Brohoof 1

@Buck Testa
Rose headed outside and saw that the plants were acting up. she decided to head over there to see what it was. She to over to see a group of vans towards the school. she decided to use a crystal that her father gave to her and crushed it. It created an unstable portal that was wavering instead of being a solid form. She didn't know where she would end up but didn't care at this point, she hopped in. She ended up in a limo. She looked around to see that there were a few guards in the back with a little girl. She said as she wrapped her wings around herself, "Excuse me little girl, but who are you and do you know what's going on with the plants." She felt a bit off from the retaliation from her father when he finds out about this.

Sorxir closed her hand around the ball to see that light dimming into nothing and headed in to find her dorm that she'll be using while she's there. She opened the door that had her name on it and fell onto her bed, then she got into her suitcase and pulled out a mannequin's head for her eyepatch when she doesn't have it on.

Shadow made it to his classroom and sat down at his desk while he went over the schedule for learning. He kicked up his feet and started writing the lessons down.

Edited by reader8363
  • Brohoof 1

@Duality@Arid_Blitz@Mentis Soliloquy@Skylord Nexus@reader8363@Buck Testa

Ghalan chuckled as he looked at Duality and stated "Make no mistake Duality I have on top of making sure the campus is clean," he smirked at her slightly as he stood up then looking out the window...And saw the plants and leaves. His right eye began to twitch slightly. Why? He gripped the window sill with a hard grip as his temper began to flare up[ once more. "Why?" he asked more to himself as he walked/stormed out quickly . And as soon as he arrived he looked at the limo who did this whole entrance with a stoic but with a cold fury in his eyes. He just cleaned up this mess as his magic surged around him lifting with anti gravity then crushing debris. He was tempted to lift who ever caused this mess with an anti gravity field....See how they like a one way trip into the stratosphere.

Edited by dragon4111
  • Brohoof 2

@dragon4111 @Arid_Blitz @Buck Testa

Duality jolted slightly in her seat as Ghalan's expression morphed from carefree casualness to fiery frustration in a heartbeat, his gaze locking on to something on the other side of her windowpane. Despite the years she'd known him and his temper, she'd never quite managed to accustom herself to how fast his mood could escalate, and even now she flinched silently as he slammed the door behind him. "What got his knickers in a twist?" she murmured, only half-hearted in her humour. Twisting in her seat to look out the window, she frowned slightly as she beheld the dual perturbation of black-clad conveyance and curious botanical behaviour that was apparently responsible for upsetting the cleaner. "And that must be the new student that had Principal Plowse tearing her hair out the other week. Right on cue to disrupt everything and sundry. In all my time here, I've never so much as seen the school through a single semester without something like this happening."

Duality's fingers tapped against the desktop as she gently reached out her magic to examine the arcane energy pouring from the newcomer, taking special care not to disrupt the flux of energy feeding back through the child herself. "Oh, fermion, I don't like the feel of her. You know what they say, after all: 'magic is your personality given power'. Plenty of power, that's for Higgs near sure, but very little indeed in the way of pleasantness. I'd better see if our unfortunate principal needs any help handling this one." She finished her glass of water, placed the untouched bottle of 3C back in the fridge, and began tracing Ghalan's footsteps to the front of the building.

Well before she made it to the main doors, Duality was confronted with a crowd of curious students and staff craning to get a look at the student that was causing all the commotion, forcing her to ruthlessly cut in front of more loosely clustered people to pick her path to the small group of senior staff members standing at the head of the throng to welcome the school's new arrival. "Anything that needs polishing up before this girl arrives proper?" she asked, slipping neatly into the space next to Lilith.

@reader8363

Dru couldn't help but be surprised at the winged girl suddenly appearing into her limo. Out of instinct the plants and floating leaves around the vehicle turned a dark shade of black and seemed fairly menacing. They all looked poised to attack for the briefest of seconds before she realized the teenager wasn't a threat. With that the plants relaxed and resumed their crimson dance signalling their arrival. The guards however had not relaxed. All of the ones in the vehicle were reaching into their coat pocket for their guns, planning to blow the intruders brains out before Dru raised her hand up for them to stop. It was a second or two before they brought their hands out without their guns, but they were still quite tense around this strange winged girl. Their organization didn't really take kindly to those animal people, and it showed in their face, if only a little bit. 

"Forgive my grandpa's friends, they are very protective of me. Although, it probably isn't a good idea to drop into a person's vehicle without looking first. It could get you hurt one day. As for the plants, I was just playing with them a little." 

Her young eyes trailed along the winged girls body, paying especially close attention to the crimson wings. She felt a pang of enviousness for that, being able to fly must be so fun. 

The caravan of vehicles came to a stop in front of the crowd of students and teachers that had been gathering due to the commotion. The red glowing leaves began to reveal their purpose as they began to fall in place, making a facsimile of a red carpet outside of her door. they visibly merged together, creating one uniform pathway of thin, crimson material. Tall sturdy men in suits stepped out of their vehicles and stood watch, observing the students through their sunglasses as the ones stationed at the limo got ready to let her out. 

Tension grew in the air as they prepared to open the door to the limo. The windows were tinted so students and teachers alike wouldn't be able to see the passenger until the door opened. When it did, it was a puzzling sight to behold. 

Ushiromiya.Maria.full.293198.jpg

To those who had the eye for it, they would be able to tell that the clothes she wore were of very high quality. Everything from the stitching to the shine of her red shoes spoke of a lot of money being dropped on this outfit. What stood out as even stranger was just how young she was. It was not uncommon for students in this school to be in their twenties, yet this girl looked no older than twelve, even younger due to how short she was in comparison to her large bodyguards. She looked out at all the people that had gathered outside and she felt a tiny bit nervous about it. She was used to being around the mob in her Grandpa's estate, but they usually avoided her at all costs. These people were looking at her, paying attention to her and her antics. 

Meanwhile, a couple of her guards were working on getting the intruder out without resorting to violence. They spoke in curt tones about getting out of The Druantia's vehicle now if she knew what's good for her, but they tried to keep their voices down since they didn't want to embarrass the Don's granddaughter on her big day. 

"Hello everyone, My name is Druantia, or just Dru for short. I'm going to be a student here at Salem U. I hope we can all be good friends."

She gave a little curtsy at the end of her statement to the crowd like she had been taught. Some were charmed by her, talking about how cute she looked, others were astonished that someone that young had gotten into the school in the first place, others still were commenting on how scary all her men looked and how they seemed like a they were pulled out of a mafia movie. 

She liked that she had made a big splash, but all the new attention was definitely more uncomfortable than she thought it would be. She was used to a very controlled environment. Only time would tell how she'd take to university life. 

@Duality @dragon4111

Edited by Buck Testa
  • Brohoof 1

@Buck Testa@Duality@Arid_Blitz@Khajiit

Ghalan's anger evaporated as he saw the perp walk out...It was a child...Of course it was a child. Children could barely control their powers when they are young. He breathed in them out slowly to reign in his racing heart and his blood pressure. Though with the ambient magic coming off of her. The child from where he stood was that of a plantmancer. controlling plants but  though it seemed like she had control, one tantrum and  every plant could become a deadly weapon. Oh boy how fun this will be. A limousine? seriously some hotshot? Oh boy. He heard a woman demand something and rolls his eyes. Whelp this year would probably kill him Or maybe just drive him bonkers. but to clean all the plant residue off of things is going to be a pain. Honestly sometimes he just wants to drive away in his steampowered car.

Edited by dragon4111
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Duality waited nearly a dozen long, strained, seconds before realising that most of the faculty were either too nervous around the heavy security or too taken aback by the peculiar scene unfolding before them to properly respond to Dru's greeting. She steeled her nerves to bear the collective gaze of the congregated audience behind her before resolutely taking a stride forward and holding out a hand for the girl to shake. "Welcome to Salem University,  Ms. Druantia!" she declared. "I certainly hope you enjoy and learn much from your time here. I'm Dr. Wave-Particle, but you can call me Dr. Q. if you find that easier to remember. Teacher of hydromancy, purveyor of science, and general do-gooder around campus, currently - and spontaneously", she added in an undertone, compressing the force of a several-second glare into the glance she gave the teacher who had originally volunteered for the job, " - filling the dual roles of greeter and tour guide for the oh-so-elegantly-bedecked young lady before me. I'll show you your room before I give you a full tour of the university, unless you would prefer it otherwise, of course."

Edited by Duality

@Duality @Buck Testa @dragon4111
Rose watched as Dru got out while leaving her guards in with her. She gave a quick glare, out of the corner of her eye, at them while thinking about if they met her father before the university, they would probably think twice before doing anything. She slipped out of the limo and tried to get to her room before anyone notices her, more importantly, her father. She was to only use that crystal for an emergency. She looked up and her heart leaped into her throat, her father was heading in her direction. She started moving a bit quicker so that they didn't bump into each other. 

Shadow felt something being off and heard kids whispering about a limo. He got up, grabbed his handle, and made a cane out of the shadow of the hilt, then he headed towards the front door. When he got there, he saw a little girl surrounded by bodyguards. He smiled to himself as he thought about his old life and went to get a closer look at them.

• Brohoof 1