Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sushi?

LunaShy

I don't really care for it. I've only tried a few variations, so I might have to try some more in the future.

Hmm, I've never had it, but I want to.

lol I'm also learning Japanese right now.

Coincidence? No. I love everything japanese.

EVERYTHING!

Same here :P though compared to some other stuff, sushi is pretty tame. I've had cows stomach (it's actualy deliscious, don't judge until you've tried), so i have quite a taste for weird food, along with sushi, bunnychow is something i want to try, even though i'll probably ignite my innards with it :D

Cow's stomach? I would say that sounds disgusting, but I want to try haggis, so, whatever.

God i love sushi anything to do with fish and chances are i like it

Don't see why this has a 'Gaming' tag but whatevs...

Yes I LOVE Sushi. It would be weird if I didn't...I work at a Chinese Restaurant...

i dont get it sushi is a Japanese dish not Chinese :unsure:

I've only tried a few different types of sushi; California (of course), Philly, eel, shrimp, octopus, tuna, and lobster. Octopus was probably the worst, it was pretty much pretty cartilage. So far I like Philadelphia rolls the best. The cream cheese gives it a little more body and well, creaminess.

Posted Image

Also, am I the only one that doesn't put anything on it? I've seen a lot of people douse their rolls in soy sauce and wasabi, but that just masks all the flavor.

No, I never had sushi nor do I intend to have sushi, raw fish, yuck!

noun /ˈso͞oSHē/ 

• A Japanese dish consisting of small balls or rolls of vinegar-flavored cold cooked rice served with a garnish of raw fish, vegetables, or egg

Raw fish is purely optional. :V

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

No, I never had sushi nor do I intend to have sushi, raw fish, yuck!

How do you know if it's yucky if you haven't had it? "Raw food - yuck" is a very funny statement.

Raw fish is - in my oppinion - yummy. Especially salmon. Raw fish might feel funny in your mouth if you're not used to it, but still...

Don't judge the book by its covers. :(

...and as Zoop said, raw fish is optional.

Edited by Tenshinohana

(edited)

My favorite sushi is Shake (Raw Salmon) Ebiko (Shrimp Roe) and Uni (Raw Sea Urchin) either in a Maki, Temaki, Sashimi or Sushi form. (Sushi is my favorite kind of food)

Edited by Mal

• 8 years later...

Yas sushi is bae wow

I like prawn sush, all the fishy sushi I like some of the unsual ones. White fish sushi can be gud. Tuna and mackerel. I also had swordfishy

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Rainbow Cloud said:

Never had Sushi, think it looks quite nice but I don't think it'd like it if I tried it as I think I'd find it to fishy.

Depends on the sushi.

It might not be immediately obvious, but the sushi is actually the sticky rice, not necessarily fish (although a lot of people associate fish with it) and not necessarily raw.

a common form is a block of sushi rice (called Nigiri) with a (fully cooked!) prawn on top of it - like this:

1520909110_PrawnNigri.png.2b7685cec8bae77065e405f422823725.png

and it tastes exactly how you would expect - like a prawn with plain white rice.

but you can get the same nigiri with egg:

1895476169_EggNigiri.png.bcb95bdbbe347d7ef80d29380f7eda29.png

or even red pepper:

324-3245986_red-pepper-brown-rice-nigiri-gim-hd-png.png

So.. yeah. another style is often called "California roll" where the filling is wrapped into a cylinder of rice, then sliced. Here is a chicken and cucumber one:

katsu-chicken-and-cucumber.jpg

And here is a supermarket snack pack with two duck california rolls, and three green-pepper nori:

snapshotimagehandler_651909073.jpeg?h=540&w=540

So yeah - there is a WIDE variety of fillings for sushi, from vegan though to steak. Something to suit every taste (provided you don't hate rice :D)

• Brohoof 3

I've done some sushi dishes yes, the easiest way of getting into sushi is to get your vegetable ones. To be fair a lot of people think of sushi as raw fish, simply not true it can be cooked it can be raw it doesn't have to include fish either. 

So what I recommend is to just get some you know preferably vegetable sushi. The first sushi I had was a vegetable sushi with Japanese crab I believe the taste of the crab was somewhat stronger then the other. However easy to make at home, I recommend to try it with salmon too. Somehow it tastes very good you can have it raw or cooked I did both and honestly preferred it raw. Though sushi in a sense is what I would say an acquired taste you have to have had some interest in sushi to find it appetizing is what I mean. It tastes good but of course there is so much sushi that some you would love some you would hate I recommend keeping an open mind to it.

• Brohoof 3