Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

200th episode

Steve Piranha

200th episode  

39 users have voted

1. 1. Kind of plot?

• Another Slice of Life
    • Remembrance episode with the main characters, reflecting how far they come
    • An adventure plot, with a reduced cast of (former) background horses, and less self aware
    • BAT PONEH

Well, like Queen Novo said: "The pearl is out of the oyster" with all the leaks. After the episode Slice of Life back in season 5, many questions about the 200th episode came, primarily if we'll get to it. It's unclear if S9, the allegedly final season, will get 13 or 26 episode. Fear not, the 200th episode will be the fifth episode of said season, so it'll come. Primary question can be scratched as result, so that mainly leaves what kind of episode will be.

I'd pick 3, adventure optional, but I think it'd be more interesting to focus the episode on a reduced number of (former) background ponies. Mainly Lyra and Bon Bon, with Derpy getting involved by accident (we get a group of each main pony race). I think that work best, because many agree Bon Bon's surprise status as a secret agent was one of the highlights of the episode, and that opens an interesting plot, and Lyra, assuming she became an agent as suggested in a supplementary canon or two, won't have issues in getting involved; and finally Derpy being caught in the middle, which is not far of character for her.

I personally don't think another Slice of Life should be made. The episode was a nice love card for us, but they should do something different this time, plus the background pony fandom has dwindled now. Seriously, last time people where crazy about a background horse was with the rave dance in Saddle Row Review back in S6, and was short lived

Second option would be a nice and melancholic love card, but I think that's better reserved for later season, specially with the show (allegedly), ending that same season

As much as I love bat poneh, I seriously doubt they are gonna put more so close to the show ending :sunny: 

• Brohoof 3

Just now, Jeric said:

I'd be fine with any of those, but I picked Bay Pones because we haven't seen much of them yet. 

If SMILE (the agency Bon Bon belongs to according to a book) plot becomes true, there's a chance to deal with a monster in international lands, the ones with 'em bats. But really, that's wishful thinking. As much as those option can mutually make an episode, I sadly think there won't be any more of 'em bats so close to the end...... and we have been demanding them for years :unamused: 

• Brohoof 1

One interesting observation:

100th episode is 9th Episode of Season 5.

200th episode is 5th episode of Season 9. 

Basically the two episodes are foils because of the numbers switched around. Nothing major, just a nice little tibit. Don't you agree @Steve Piranha?

• Brohoof 6

14 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

One interesting observation:

100th episode is 9th Episode of Season 5.

200th episode is 5th episode of Season 9. 

Basically the two episodes are foils because of the numbers switched around. Nothing major, just a nice little tibit. Don't you agree @Steve Piranha?

Daaaaaaaaammmmmmmmnn, would have not noticed if you didn't point it out :D 

• Brohoof 1

200th episode I think should be like the 100th episode was, a kinda slice of life episode from Ponyville, this time though maybe we can focus on some other background characters too, by that point we'll have a bunch of the species from the MLP movie living in Ponyville (or at least Equestria in general), so seeing how all the different species interact with each other could make for an interesting slice of life episode. 

Honestly, I’m just pleased we’re getting a 200th episode, no too picky about what kind. 

31 minutes ago, Jeric said:

I'd be fine with any of those, but I picked Bay Pones because we haven't seen much of them yet. 

Agreed, be nice to see some more natural pony colors. ;)

An actual celebration of the show instead of a gratuitous brony fandom cocksucking, wanking to brony memes and one-note BG ponies

• Brohoof 2

20 minutes ago, ShootingStar159 said:

Honestly, I’m just pleased we’re getting a 200th episode, no too picky about what kind. 

Pretty much this. As long as the episode is of quality and/or entertaining; I'll take it.

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't be so excited about the first, just because the Slice of Life concept has already been done. Maybe give the background ponies a big supporting role a la Minuette & friends in Amending Fences, but don't make them the focus.

I voted for the third option, but honestly I would be fine with the second or fourth as well. Options 2 & 3 are easily the most likely, but honestly? Bat ponies are pretty beloved by the fandom. I want to see them at some point!

• Brohoof 1

Option three would be my favorite. There are a lot of characters that are popular in the fandom but haven't appeared much in significant roles. You can't have too much Derpy. :muffins: And I could really list a lot of ponies that I'd like to see more.

"Slice of Life" was an amazing episode, but in my opinion, you can only do it once. A similar episode wouldn't have the same effect again. Option two? I'm not against it, as long as it's not a clip show episode. In my experience, those are rarely well-received. Another interesting idea (at least in my opinion) would be to have an episode about the lives of the Mane 6 before the start of the series. There have been several flashbacks, but there's a lot more they could show. Bat ponies? Why not, I wouldn't base an entire episode on them, but I wouldn't mind them exploring the theme.

• Brohoof 3

58 minutes ago, PiratePony said:

By bat poneh, do you mean a vampire pony ala Flutterbat, or the dark spirit of vengeance ala @Batbrony?

More like the ponies who pulled Luna's carriage in Luna Eclipse

princess_luna__s_royal_guard_by_onelifer

Seriously, does everyone forgot bat poneh are canon :unamused:?

1 hour ago, ShootingStar159 said:

What have bat ponies do with natural colors :huh:?

25 minutes ago, Prospekt said:

I wouldn't be so excited about the first, just because the Slice of Life concept has already been done. Maybe give the background ponies a big supporting role a la Minuette & friends in Amending Fences, but don't make them the focus.

I voted for the third option, but honestly I would be fine with the second or fourth as well. Options 2 & 3 are easily the most likely, but honestly? Bat ponies are pretty beloved by the fandom. I want to see them at some point!

Yeah, but everyone seems to forget they are canon :dash:. Hell, every guard except Dashie in Nightmare Moon's timeline seems to be bats 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Jeric said:

9 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Read what he wrote, again. 

Just now, Prospekt said:

I've been wanting to see this happen for the longest time. But lately, this fandom's been giving me the impression that the background ponies aren't welcome anymore, and they'll just trash the episode no matter how well they're written to serve the plot.

Vinyl's part in both No Second Prances or Saddle Row Review may have been small, but for those episodes, it wasn't just fan service. If she was some other supporting character, nobody would object to her being there. But because of her background status, it's automatically written off as "pandering". I can understand this kind of dismissive contempt towards someone like Flash Sentry, but this is ridiculous.

• Brohoof 1

23 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

More like the ponies who pulled Luna's carriage in Luna Eclipse

princess_luna__s_royal_guard_by_onelifer

Seriously, does everyone forgot bat poneh are canon :unamused:?

Yeah, but everyone seems to forget they are canon :dash:. Hell, every guard except Dashie in Nightmare Moon's timeline seems to be bats 

I'm with this but only at least one Bat Pony voiced by Kevin Conroy.

“Slice of Life” was fun because it was surprising and playful. I wouldn’t mind seeing more of the background ponies, though I wouldn’t want an adventure plot to be less self-aware, because I think this show has really suffered from the increasing seriousness of its adventure storylines. 

I’m still holding out hope for a house party at Twilight’s, but I think that should maybe be the series finale. Nonetheless, something with the mane six might be more fresh than just doing the background ponies thing again, but I don’t really care as long as it’s funny. 

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, AlexanderThrond said:

I’m still holding out hope for a house party at Twilight’s, but I think that should maybe be the series finale.

This is my final bucket list item for the show. I really want a quiet and reflective send-off that sits back and acknowledges the growth of the characters and the nearly decade journey they've taken to become best friends. 

A house party with some amusing shenanigans would be a decent backdrop. I would especially love it if Twilight invoked the "These ponies in this town are crazy!" line from the first episode with a sentimental touch to her voice. Oddly specific, but things like that are what I'll be hoping for. 

• Brohoof 3

8 hours ago, Singe said:

I'm with this but only at least one Bat Pony voiced by Kevin Conroy.

That's too good to pass on :lol:. Can you imagine that bat with Twilight? That would be hilarious  :D

I would like to see the 200th episode be one that showcases the growth that the mane 6 have had over the years, and how they have affected the world around them.

Well either that or maybe another episode like Fame and Misfortune:P

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Jeric said:

This is my final bucket list item for the show. I really want a quiet and reflective send-off that sits back and acknowledges the growth of the characters and the nearly decade journey they've taken to become best friends. 

A house party with some amusing shenanigans would be a decent backdrop. I would especially love it if Twilight invoked the "These ponies in this town are crazy!" line from the first episode with a sentimental touch to her voice. Oddly specific, but things like that are what I'll be hoping for. 

I have a rather specific vibe in mind which is humorous but not noisy, i.e. the movie “Everybody Wants Some!!!” or something. Mundane situations made funny by their personalities, with the sentimentality emerging organically. I’d be very enthusiastic if that actually came to fruition.

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, AlexanderThrond said:

humorous but not noisy, i.e. the movie “Everybody Wants Some!!!”

That description almost reminds me of "Can't Hardly Wait". Graduation party with chaos and an odd touch of smarm, sentiment, and self-awareness that this is the end of a journey with some history. 

27 minutes ago, Jeric said:

That description almost reminds me of "Can't Hardly Wait". Graduation party with chaos and an odd touch of smarm, sentiment, and self-awareness that this is the end of a journey with some history. 

Didn't see that, but it does seem like a somewhat common coming-of-age movie template.