Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

In other words, could certain questions finally get answed , and certain theroies be put to rest.  Well, with any kind of closuer on a franchise, the finale always seems to (at most times) open the doors to allow the writers to get a lot of stuff out of their system for themselves and for at most, the fans.
But will the final season of MLP : FIM do that as well?  Here I talk about what could be finally addressed, if that is the case.

Now one of the first things that they (the writers) could finally address, is the whole Spike x Rarity situation.  What I mean is, that if the writers choose to do so (IMO I believe they will), this will finally be addressed, and the outcome will be one that is a positive one, and yet be one that not a lot of the brony/pegasister community will agree on.  And what the outcome will be, Spike and Rarity together.  

You may ask "How?"  Well, it's quite simple, if you look at the fact, that they've been teasing this since Eps. 1, and throughout the show's run, they've had several episodes centered around Spike, that have also involved Rarity in some major/minor capacity, 
Spoiler

including "Molt Down" from the upcoming season 8

and with it being the final season of the show, like I mentioned at the beginning at the start, it opens the door for this to take place.  And the reason being is, unless the series finale somehow ties into G5 and G5 becomes a soft Retcon/Reboot of FIM, then (IMO) this Spike x Rarity Deal will finally become a reality.

2.  A Sugar Belle and Big Mac wedding will most likely happen.  The reason being is the fact that this could be looked at as a 3 chapter deal, with the first happening in S7 , and 

Spoiler

the second chapter happening in S8.

So it only makes sense to tie this trifecta up with a 3rd and final chapter happening in the final season, which would culminate with a wedding between Sugar and BIg.  Heck, for emotional sake, have the spirts of AJ, AppleBloom and Big Mac's parents appear to show their love and support, and thus have the kids and Sugar Belle seem as well.

3. Finally Addressing Celestria and Luna's orgins.  Yes, before the show comes to a close, this has to be addressed, especially after giving them some moments to shine, first in the Premiere of S6 and most recently, not once but twice in S7, and 

Spoiler

upcoming in S8.

This is something that finally needs to be addressed and I believe (IMO) that the writing staff of FIM will finally do so in the final season. Espiecally with the fact, that if you go back to the S6 Premiere, they both said, "That the birth of an Alicorn, is something Equestria has never seen", and that it was "Even beyond their understanding."  Yeah, when they both said those things, that was enough of red flag, and more of a legit reasoning to wanna know about their orgins.

4. Starlight Glimmer becoming an Alicorn?  Yes, indeed, this is most likely the direction they are heading, and if S9 is it for the show, definitely expect the writing staff to go this route.  And, why?, you may ask.  Because it seems that's what they building towards with her. (at least in my IMO), and would make sense that they writing staff make this a reality.

5. Sunset Shimmer Returns!  

Spoiler

Now with the exception of the Upcoming Equestria Girls Special,  

, and the recent "Mirror Magic" EQG special, she has never returned to Equestria on the "Friendship is Magic" side of things.  So with the final season, I truly believe and hope, (like many do) that this will be the season that it finally happens.  And all honesty, I feel the writing staff knows that as well and will make it happen.

6.  I believe that a G1 character has to be brought in, with a G4/FIM update, and that character should Majesty.  And if you want a reason why, well if you watch MLP-Silver Quill's and ILOVEKPALOT's Video they did on Villains in MLP, than you pretty much get your answer there, as to why she should be brought in. 

Basically make her a character, that believes she's doing the right thing, but in fact is not.  Or as Silver Quill put it, make her a rogue element that believes that all villainy, even those that have been redeemed, should be disposed of.  Than the writers can build towards something between her and Twilight, and at same time, they could acknowledge a history between Celestria, Luna and Majesty as well, and that could really build the tension between her and Twilight.

But that's what I (IMO) feel the writers will/would do in the final season, should it be more freelanced.

What are your thoughts? God Bless!

Edited by bwrosas
  • Brohoof 4

I doubt Sparity will go anywhere. It's just the fandom which bought far more attention to  than needed :dry: .

Sugar Belle and Big Mac wedding could happen, but I don't see it as a season finale. They could use it in maybe a special they are presumably making after S9 :huh: 

Celly and Luna's origins and foalhood could be addressed, and alicorn lore while at it. We hardly know of either, not even from supplementary material

Mane6 alicorns, or Starlight, I don't care which, but I'd love more alicornified poneh :squee: 

I doubt Sunny will return to Equestia to stay. It's presumed EG will keep going, for a while at least, when G5 supposedly comes

Maybe they could bring a G1 pony whose name rights still belong to Hasbro maybe

I dunno what to expect for S9, much less if it'll be 13 or 26 episodes, but I hope most of the major mysteries are wrapped-up . I'd love to see bat ponies, but I think they have become so obscure by now they won't appear at all :( . Alicorns however, this is the last chance to explore them, and see some Celestia and Luna foalhood. 

• Brohoof 1

> opens thread

:blink:

Oh shit!

> Is instantly assaulted by tags 

giphy.gif.b036f07f881b0a8da3e3856539ca6da1.gif

> Yells as the words trail off

Sparity will never happennnnnnnnnn*

• Brohoof 11

I think several of those questions could be given an answer as the writers have proven themselves to be consistent when it comes to maintaining continuity. Sometimes however, they do tend to forget certain things resulting in a previous continuity being rewritten. Of those questions, I would personally love to see Sunset make an appearance in the show but it seems highly unlikely at this stage of the game. I mean, she has returned to Equestria in Equestria Girls so in a way that question has been answered but within the context of FiM itself, her chances are slim.

• Brohoof 2

The title seems kinda misleading to me, as plenty of significant things have happened in recent seasons, and “answering questions” strikes me as a creative obligation rather than freedom. 

Some of your tags don’t seem t have much to do with your post, but regarding them, I can’t really predict whether MLP movie characters will appear in the show. Salaries for movie actors could be a problem, but there’s a small chance the actors might return somehow.

I don’t think Spike and Rarity will become a couple, if only because the age difference would make that really creepy.

I didn’t view the season 8 leaks, but wouldn’t a wedding be way too soon for Big Mac and Sugar Belle, especially given that we rarely see them?

Alicorn lore just might happen, but it’s hard to say what that’ll actually be like. If it continues as much if the show’s worldbuilding has, I can’t help but fear an anticlimax, but I guess we’ll see.

I do not believe Starlight Glimmer will be one an alicorn, first because the show consistently implies she’s not even close to being ready yet, but also because it would be strange for her to supposedly “earn” it when Twilight’s friends never did. But then, I have issues with the whole concept of “alicornification.”

Because Hasbro has so often been intent on keeping the brands distinct, I cannot see Sunset Shimmer appearing in Friendship is Magic, and if she only appears at the very end, then what’s the point? Maybe a special will include her visiting, but she also seems disinterested in returning permanently. 

Including a G1 character would hardly be unprecedented, and your idea would certainly be a fresh and appropriate concept for this show, but I don’t see any guarantee it will happen. 

But it’s fun to speculate.

• Brohoof 2

12 hours ago, Jeric said:

> opens thread

:blink:

Oh shit!

> Is instantly assaulted by tags 

giphy.gif.b036f07f881b0a8da3e3856539ca6da1.gif

> Yells as the words trail off

Sparity will never happennnnnnnnnn*

I got a big laugh out of this, especially since I had a similar reaction when I saw the OP last night. Thanks! :lol:

Nothing like a wall of tags to send one fleeing in horror. I didn't even think that many tags could be used, but I guess I'm thinking of FimFiction.

As for answering the OP questions:

1. Not likely, and Spike's eyes are starting to wander, anyway. Unless the last episode of the series is some kind of fast-foward that shows what becomes of all the characters and they end up married or something.

2. Not definite, since Mac's relationships seem to come and go, but it wouldn't surprise me if they hitched the two of them together in the far future.

3. Maybe. I'm not sure DHX knows what to do since Flurry kind of flew in the face of the JotTS.

4. I'm on the fence on this, and still feel it could just as easily end with her remaining a unicorn because of all the fan drama surrounding her character.

5. Could happen. DHX has often been coy on having her make an appearance in the FiM series.

6. I'm mostly disconnected from the previous generations so I don't have any thoughts on this one.

• Brohoof 1

If the final season will end up being more free to do whatever, I am hoping that we can finally get some LGBT characters in the show. Hopefully Scootaloo's Aunts Holiday and Lofty that were introduced in the chapter book, Ponyville Mysteries: Riddle of the Rusty Horseshoe.

It wouldn't really be all that hard to introduce them into the show, all that would be needed would be for another Family Appreciation Day episode, this time focusing on Scootaloo and how her parents are always away due to being busy with work, which would ultimately end with Scootaloo taking her aunts to school instead.  Not only would we get LGBT characters in the show, we would also get some much needed background on a major character's home life.  A win win if you ask me.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 1

17 minutes ago, cmarston1 said:

If the final season will end up being more free to do whatever, I am hoping that we can finally get some LGBT characters in the show. Hopefully Scootaloo's Aunts Holiday and Lofty that were introduced in the chapter book, Ponyville Mysteries: Riddle of the Rusty Horseshoe.

It wouldn't really be all that hard to introduce them into the show, all that would be needed would be for another Family Appreciation Day episode, this time focusing on Scootaloo and how her parents are always away due to being busy with work, which would ultimately end with Scootaloo taking her aunts to school instead.  Not only would we get LGBT characters in the show, we would also get some much needed background on a major character's home life.  A win win if you ask me.

Yeah, about that, Scootaloo's parents are ACTUALLY....dead. Just like Harry Potter. right?

Think I'll respond to this on a point by point basis.

1. Sparity: Honestly, I think the romance is dead at this point. Don't get me wrong, Rarity thinks Spike is adorable, but in more of an older sister kind of manner. She's still more into full-grown stallions. I think Spike has a better chance with Ember.

2. Sugar Belle x Big Mac: This might actually happen. Now, I'm not sure if they will go from first meeting to married in two seasons, but I think they have a good chance of becoming a stable couple. Sorry, Marble Pie and Cheerilee fans.

3. Celestia and Luna backstory: Unless you have seen the leaked Season 8 episodes, don't click the spoiler below.

Spoiler

There is an episode that touches on Celestia's backstory. She gets cast in a play that tells a (probably) simplified version of how she was first tasked with raising and lowering the sun. Kind of like the Hearth's Warming Eve play.

4. Alcorn Starlight: Never say never. She could very well ascend to the status of Princess. It could also happen to Sunset Shimmer upon her return from the world of Equestria Girls, but that ties into the next theory...

5. Sunset Shimmer: I love Sunset Shimmer. I really do. As a villain, I think she's bland, but she's amazing in Rainbow Rocks and her subsequent appearances. We got a reminder of what pony Sunset looks like in Mirror Magic, so who's to say that isn't foreshadowing at least a temporary return to Equestria?

6. G1 character: Silver Quill may be onto something. I think there are tons of possibilities for new incarnations of G1 characters. We saw the return of Tirek. Scorpan showed up in a flashback. Quite a lot of G4 ponies are at least partially based off of older generation ponies.

Oh, and another spoiler:

Spoiler

I haven't looked into this too much, but apparently Tirek is returning in Season 8 and I've heard rumors about Scorpan returning in the flesh.

So who's to say the trend won't continue?

4 hours ago, Truffles said:

3. Maybe. I'm not sure DHX knows what to do since Flurry kind of flew in the face of the JotTS.

The Journal of the Two sisters hinted to The Sisters being born Alicorns long BEFORE Equestria was founded. So Celestia's words that "Equestria has never seen the birth of an Alicorn before" with Flurry technically didn't contradicted what the Journal said in my eyes.

What was contradicted in the journal was Starswirl and the Tree of Harmony being around at the same time, when really right after the Seed was planted, SS was in Limbo.

@Truffles Your thoughts on my point, please?

Edited by WiiGuy2014

like @cmarston1 said, i'd love the introduction of scootaloos aunts or other lgbt characters in show! if there was ever an opportunity to do it, it would be now and i'd defend them 'till the day i die. they have literally got the perfect chance to do it and i'll be disappointed if they don't in all honesty.

also bring sunset back please!!! i love her, even if it was only for an episode.:)

1 hour ago, Prospekt said:

I think Spike has a better chance with Ember.

I feel like that ship has sailed, too. While there's no concrete evidence - just hints from "Triple Threat" and:

Spoiler

a particular scene in the S8 intro

it just feels like Thorax is getting set up for an official pairing with Ember. If they ever decide to go for a Big Mac/Sugar Belle wedding, why not make it a double and have Ember and Thorax get married as well? (I would really like to know what capabilities their kids have. XD )

As for Spike, he's kind of left out at this point. I'd pair him with one of the CMC, but they hardly ever interact, and most of those interactions have been unremarkable save for maybe 2 instances where he danced with Sweetie Belle and was warm with Apple Bloom.

I'd tell him if he's really that lonely he should try and start corresponding with some of his fans in the Crystal Empire to get things rolling, like those two fillies who shouted "We love you, Spike!" in "Times are a Changeling", but I'm not sure him betting on a long-term, meaningful romance with one of your superfans would make for a healthy relationship.

I know if I lived in Equestria, he'd be ready to send me on a one-way trip to Celestia because I'd be constantly trying to hang out with my favorite character. XD

1 hour ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

The Journal of the Two sisters hinted to The Sisters being born Alicorns long BEFORE Equestria was founded. So Celestia's words that "Equestria has never seen the birth of an Alicorn before" with Flurry technically didn't contradicted what the Journal said in my eyes.

What was contradicted in the journal was Starswirl and the Tree of Harmony being around at the same time, when really right after the Seed was planted, SS was in Limbo.

I suppose that is technically true, but then I wouldn't expect them to have been so shocked over the birth of another alicorn if they themselves were born as them - even if it happened to occur before the country's official inception. I guess It could just be sloppy writing/editing and there was supposed to be more to that statement but it got cut, something like "Alicorns can only be born from legendary alicorns of old - never from a mixed pairing or a pony who ascended to being an alicorn." Then their surprise would make sense and the journal's canon would remain totally intact on that point.

As for the Tree, well, yeah... what say you, Spike:

It seems at the very least the mythos behind the Tree of Harmony in the journal is no longer canon. I don't mind the new mythos, but in my mind the tree had been the physical manifestation of a god-overseer to make sure everything stayed in balance on this world. But that's clearly not the case.

Edited by Truffles
  • Brohoof 2

1: Personally, I would like it if Spike winds up falling in love with another character, be it Pony or Dragon.  Then again, you're talking to someone who enjoys having Rarity chase Flash Sentry for one's personal amusement

2: We haven't had a Wedding since Season 5.  If anything, I would like to see a third wedding, maybe a fourth

3: Maybe if possible, a story that goes back in time and tells of the early days of Celestia and Luna.  

4: Actually, (And this is the fourth coming up) I want to see Starlight and Sunburst get married and have kids.

5: We're going to see something special with Sunset, because...

Sunset is going to reunite with Princess Celestia in the upcoming Forgotten Friendship special

6: Okay.  This one is going to need some MAJOR spoilers

Judging by a leaked image(Can't find it anymore), Grogar is set to make his appearance in the final season.  The question is who gets to voice him: Michael Bell? Michael Dorn? David Kaye?  Mark Hamill?

On 27/1/2018 at 1:57 PM, Truffles said:

I feel like that ship has sailed, too. While there's no concrete evidence - just hints from "Triple Threat" and:

Reveal hidden contents

a particular scene in the S8 intro

it just feels like Thorax is getting set up for an official pairing with Ember. If they ever decide to go for a Big Mac/Sugar Belle wedding, why not make it a double and have Ember and Thorax get married as well? (I would really like to know what capabilities their kids have. XD )

As for Spike, he's kind of left out at this point. I'd pair him with one of the CMC, but they hardly ever interact, and most of those interactions have been unremarkable save for maybe 2 instances where he danced with Sweetie Belle and was warm with Apple Bloom.

I'd tell him if he's really that lonely he should try and start corresponding with some of his fans in the Crystal Empire to get things rolling, like those two fillies who shouted "We love you, Spike!" in "Times are a Changeling", but I'm not sure him betting on a long-term, meaningful romance with one of your superfans would make for a healthy relationship.

I know if I lived in Equestria, he'd be ready to send me on a one-way trip to Celestia because I'd be constantly trying to hang out with my favorite character. XD

I suppose that is technically true, but then I wouldn't expect them to have been so shocked over the birth of another alicorn if they themselves were born as them - even if it happened to occur before the country's official inception. I guess It could just be sloppy writing/editing and there was supposed to be more to that statement but it got cut, something like "Alicorns can only be born from legendary alicorns of old - never from a mixed pairing or a pony who ascended to being an alicorn." Then their surprise would make sense and the journal's canon would remain totally intact on that point.

As for the Tree, well, yeah... what say you, Spike:

It seems at the very least the mythos behind the Tree of Harmony in the journal is no longer canon. I don't mind the new mythos, but in my mind the tree had been the physical manifestation of a god-overseer to make sure everything stayed in balance on this world. But that's clearly not the case.

theres no evidence between thorax ni ember. some people theorize that queen chrysalis becomes good and she would marry thorax. Ember and Thorax do not marry, they are friends and that relationship will not work. that's a friendship story.

Edited by Van123

• 1 year later...

Sunset will not be appearing in the show. You have to accept that because if at any point they were going to include her they would have referred to her.

This is the final season and Sunset has too much baggage to her that they don't have time to address. Plus they would alienate a large chunk of their fans who have never watched EQ girls. So you would just be tossing in a character that there was not a single side that she even existed.

Leave her in EQ Girls where she belongs.

Because anyone who watches EQ Girls watches the original material but not vise versa.

And accept that Rarity will never hook up with Spike because it is too much like pedophile. Because no matter what age Spike is, he still looks like just a little kid, which would make Hasbro look bad to the media.

Back to Sunset. There was a serious backlash when Shining and Cadence were introduced with no clues that they existed before and that was after only 2 seasons.

They are not going to put a character in that hasn't ever been even hinted at in almost 9 seasons. Flash Sentry and the Sirens can easily be explained away as just random  characters appearing. In the grand scheme of things, they are not really important in pony land.  Sunset had too big a history to have not been mentioned in 9 seasons, but then just be thrown in randomly.