The WPCC Lounge

PinkieShadow

Just now, Fluttershy Friend said:

Interesting proposition but I must admit. How long and detailed teaser?:ooh:

Not very - 1063 words as far as I know.

5 minutes ago, Nightmare Mirage said:

I would love to.

Wish granted!

So, tis a dirty edit (of a part of 14th chapter - The Gala), thus typos can emerge. Be gentle with the silly alicorn :D

"...

“Hmm… We have a few spare minutes, Rarity!”

Alex jumped off to the platform and threw a quick glance on the wall clock at the station office, painted golden and red by the light of the setting sun. He filled his lungs with damp air, the loco stopped quite far from that point, their car was in the middle of the train and all the smoke was taken away by the constant evening wind coming down the mountains, leaving only a faint bitter tint in the nostrils. Long, flowing, mystically glowing in the bright station lights, the sheets of fog curled around the light posts, benches on the platform and large regular trees behind the platform railing; Alex remembered that they passed a waterfall at the railway entrance to Canterlot. It was contrastingly fresh here after the warm comfort of the train compartments and ponies quickly filling the platform shivered and wrapped into their cloaks and shawls. Alex caught a few bewildered glances already, protruding like an iceberg from the stripes of fog, curling at his feet.

He smirked and turned to the car door, Rarity stood at the upper step, looking down at him with a bright smile. Alex eyed her crinoline, getting down the car steps seemed a non-trivial task for his companion; without the second thought Alex leaned to her and accurately picked Rarity under her fore legs, causing a tiny surprised squeak. He managed to lower her on the platform quite gracefully; obviously her hind legs touched the ground first and Rarity put her fore hooves on Alex’s shoulders, staying like that for a moment longer and giving him a fiery glance of dilated eyes.

Alex felt slightly embarrassed, as half of the herd on the platform interestedly examined them at the moment or so he thought.

“Thanks, darling!” breathed out Rarity, unfolding the soft, dense red cloak and wrapping it around her bare shoulders. She kept holding on him and leaned closer. “We shouldn’t hurry too much, Ahlex,” whispered she in his ear, when he leaned closer. “Let the herd unflood the platform and head to the castle, so we can follow more freely. It’s not like the third ring in the theatre, darling!” she almost cooed.

Alex nodded shortly, he understood Rarity’s reasons and inwardly wondered how she kept following her plan of gaining attention “the proper way”. Her calculations were simple: that wasn’t the last and only wave of guests, so they wouldn’t come “late”, still they wouldn’t hurry and hustle in the herd, but would instead catch the short pause between “main waves”. But the main thing was, Rarity and Alex arrive to the castle entrance, ascend and enter the hall under the dozens of glances of ponies already present at the top and bottom of the castle stairs.

That being Rarity’s “red carpet” wasn’t hard to guess; she prepared to “walk out” her outstanding dress, appear in the center of the big herd with an unusual partner and simply entertain herself as much as possible. Rarity sincerely believed, she would entertain Alex as well that way; so, with a tiny smile Alex gave up and allowed her to bask in the rays of her well directed performance.

Thus they lingered a bit, waiting till the main mass went ahead; Alex shrugged under a few more couples of evaluative eyes. Distracted by enjoying the evening sight of the surroundings (he was unable to estimate it fully the first time they came here with Fluttershy) at first, Alex found Rarity still nesting in his warm hands – it appeared, they stood like that the whole time the majority of the passengers trotted by; the glances were explicable and Alex inwardly facepalmed. Rarity’s nose was slightly pinkish, when she released him and stood on her four legs, but her eyes were starry and shining with badly concealed triumph, while they headed to the station exit side by side.

Further the terrain started to ascend and they needed to go up or by the zigzag, when the street architecture didn’t offer the straight path. Alex admitted that he couldn’t probably find the way to the castle fast enough even on his second arrival at the station; besides, the atmosphere that time was more relaxed and he used that opportunity to pay deserved attention to the city views, prudently not looking back, down the mountain, of course. Involuntarily the same comparison with Minas Tirith, the White City from Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings, came to his mind, causing another smile.

Alex didn’t cease to wonder the mastery, the architects combined the stone terraces, buildings and flora with, practically turning whole Canterlot into blooming garden with white stone walls protruding from the foliage, but not breaking the natural beauty. It must be full of life during the day time, but now only rare birds broke the silence, chirping in the gardens drowning in falling twilight, which was softly diluted by the street lights. The only sound becoming stronger, as they approached the castle, were the tidal waves of noise of the ponies herd gathering at the upcoming Gala.

“Come on, Ahlex! I said we must linger a bit, but I didn’t mean we must catch another herd going after us,” Rarity looked at him over the shoulder with a laugher, she lead the way almost prancing, on her peak of inspiration she anticipated ascending the stairs so visibly that Alex chuckled quietly. Rarity threw a sly glance at him. “What?”

“You’re like a… filly on her prom night, Rarity!” Alex raised a brow, returning her glance with dividends. He heard the approaching noise from behind, supposedly from another wave of guests, and was to admit her reasoning.

“Hmpf! I haven’t such fun for a few months already,” she cocked her head and almost jumped on spot enthusiastically. “Especially in a nice company!” her half-lidded eyes shoot another spear at Alex and very pleased with herself Rarity proceeded, looking at him playfully from time to time.

Soon Alex noticed that the road to the castle, which towered its whole white mass above them already, was designated by additional lightening, so, even a newcomer could probably avoid getting lost on his way to the Gala. That discovery turned out futile though, as after a three or four turns they finally entered a short, straight as tensioned string, path to the castle gate.

..."

• Brohoof 3

Just now, Trotteur Sauvage said:

Yes please no sugar ! Aaaaaaaaaaaaah I've met one person ONCE that liked working ! ONCE !

That's still once too many times, some people actually like working?! :wacko: That's unheard of!

Edited by Wannabrony
  • Brohoof 2

Just now, Trotteur Sauvage said:

What is your prison I mean work !?

Oh. Forgive me friend but I can't tell you.This time I am not joking.

250.gif.a8b8159b747925ddc62e43d071579d15.gif

3 minutes ago, Alexshy said:

So, tis a dirty edit (of a part of 14th chapter - The Gala), thus typos can emerge. Be gentle with the silly alicorn :D

Read or not to read?

134.thumb.png.8414cc265fd65cce692138b00c78bbcb.png

• Brohoof 3

6 minutes ago, Wannabrony said:

That's still once too many times, some people actually like working?! :wacko: That's unheard of!

She said that she loved her work and was bored when not working ! Crazy right ?

5 minutes ago, Fluttershy Friend said:

Oh. Forgive me friend but I can't tell you.This time I am not joking.

250.gif.a8b8159b747925ddc62e43d071579d15.gif

Why ? :blink:

• Brohoof 3

39 minutes ago, Alexshy said:

Not very - 1063 words as far as I know.

Wish granted!

That was very cute mine pearl. :D

Interesting hybrid style of new and old prose.

• Brohoof 2

44 minutes ago, Alexshy said:

"...

“Hmm… We have a few spare minutes, Rarity!”

Alex jumped off to the platform and threw a quick glance on the wall clock at the station office, painted golden and red by the light of the setting sun. He filled his lungs with damp air, the loco stopped quite far from that point, their car was in the middle of the train and all the smoke was taken away by the constant evening wind coming down the mountains, leaving only a faint bitter tint in the nostrils. Long, flowing, mystically glowing in the bright station lights, the sheets of fog curled around the light posts, benches on the platform and large regular trees behind the platform railing; Alex remembered that they passed a waterfall at the railway entrance to Canterlot. It was contrastingly fresh here after the warm comfort of the train compartments and ponies quickly filling the platform shivered and wrapped into their cloaks and shawls. Alex caught a few bewildered glances already, protruding like an iceberg from the stripes of fog, curling at his feet.

He smirked and turned to the car door, Rarity stood at the upper step, looking down at him with a bright smile. Alex eyed her crinoline, getting down the car steps seemed a non-trivial task for his companion; without the second thought Alex leaned to her and accurately picked Rarity under her fore legs, causing a tiny surprised squeak. He managed to lower her on the platform quite gracefully; obviously her hind legs touched the ground first and Rarity put her fore hooves on Alex’s shoulders, staying like that for a moment longer and giving him a fiery glance of dilated eyes.

Alex felt slightly embarrassed, as half of the herd on the platform interestedly examined them at the moment or so he thought.

“Thanks, darling!” breathed out Rarity, unfolding the soft, dense red cloak and wrapping it around her bare shoulders. She kept holding on him and leaned closer. “We shouldn’t hurry too much, Ahlex,” whispered she in his ear, when he leaned closer. “Let the herd unflood the platform and head to the castle, so we can follow more freely. It’s not like the third ring in the theatre, darling!” she almost cooed.

Alex nodded shortly, he understood Rarity’s reasons and inwardly wondered how she kept following her plan of gaining attention “the proper way”. Her calculations were simple: that wasn’t the last and only wave of guests, so they wouldn’t come “late”, still they wouldn’t hurry and hustle in the herd, but would instead catch the short pause between “main waves”. But the main thing was, Rarity and Alex arrive to the castle entrance, ascend and enter the hall under the dozens of glances of ponies already present at the top and bottom of the castle stairs.

That being Rarity’s “red carpet” wasn’t hard to guess; she prepared to “walk out” her outstanding dress, appear in the center of the big herd with an unusual partner and simply entertain herself as much as possible. Rarity sincerely believed, she would entertain Alex as well that way; so, with a tiny smile Alex gave up and allowed her to bask in the rays of her well directed performance.

Thus they lingered a bit, waiting till the main mass went ahead; Alex shrugged under a few more couples of evaluative eyes. Distracted by enjoying the evening sight of the surroundings (he was unable to estimate it fully the first time they came here with Fluttershy) at first, Alex found Rarity still nesting in his warm hands – it appeared, they stood like that the whole time the majority of the passengers trotted by; the glances were explicable and Alex inwardly facepalmed. Rarity’s nose was slightly pinkish, when she released him and stood on her four legs, but her eyes were starry and shining with badly concealed triumph, while they headed to the station exit side by side.

Further the terrain started to ascend and they needed to go up or by the zigzag, when the street architecture didn’t offer the straight path. Alex admitted that he couldn’t probably find the way to the castle fast enough even on his second arrival at the station; besides, the atmosphere that time was more relaxed and he used that opportunity to pay deserved attention to the city views, prudently not looking back, down the mountain, of course. Involuntarily the same comparison with Minas Tirith, the White City from Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings, came to his mind, causing another smile.

Alex didn’t cease to wonder the mastery, the architects combined the stone terraces, buildings and flora with, practically turning whole Canterlot into blooming garden with white stone walls protruding from the foliage, but not breaking the natural beauty. It must be full of life during the day time, but now only rare birds broke the silence, chirping in the gardens drowning in falling twilight, which was softly diluted by the street lights. The only sound becoming stronger, as they approached the castle, were the tidal waves of noise of the ponies herd gathering at the upcoming Gala.

“Come on, Ahlex! I said we must linger a bit, but I didn’t mean we must catch another herd going after us,” Rarity looked at him over the shoulder with a laugher, she lead the way almost prancing, on her peak of inspiration she anticipated ascending the stairs so visibly that Alex chuckled quietly. Rarity threw a sly glance at him. “What?”

“You’re like a… filly on her prom night, Rarity!” Alex raised a brow, returning her glance with dividends. He heard the approaching noise from behind, supposedly from another wave of guests, and was to admit her reasoning.

“Hmpf! I haven’t such fun for a few months already,” she cocked her head and almost jumped on spot enthusiastically. “Especially in a nice company!” her half-lidded eyes shoot another spear at Alex and very pleased with herself Rarity proceeded, looking at him playfully from time to time.

Soon Alex noticed that the road to the castle, which towered its whole white mass above them already, was designated by additional lightening, so, even a newcomer could probably avoid getting lost on his way to the Gala. That discovery turned out futile though, as after a three or four turns they finally entered a short, straight as tensioned string, path to the castle gate.

Oooh, nice! :adorkable:Especially the Minas Tirith comparison.

Which reminds me... I've got a chapter to write for Friendship is Stellar. I seem to have some demand for both longer chapters and more frequent chapter releases, so I'm going to try and get it done and up by Friday or so. So far, it has been about 10 days between chapters, but I'm going to see if I can cut that down a bit.

1 hour ago, Trotteur Sauvage said:

Hi, new to this topic, so y'all are talking to your jobs right ?

Well, I'm not currently working, but I am a full-time university student so that's close enough, right? :P I'm taking 15 hours of classes per week, and each class requires about as much time to study outside of class, so that's basically a full-time job. :lol: I am looking for a part-time job, though. Gotta be able to afford a car, dates, etc. ;)

• Brohoof 4

8 hours ago, Trotteur Sauvage said:

I would like a café thanks ! Serré sans sucre s'il te plait :catface:

Since y'all talking about jobs etc, I would like to add this; I HATE WORKING.

Thank you for listening.

Welcome faithful servant. :orly:

Nevertheless, you should enjoy the tasks given by your master, lest you suffer more outwardly than inwardly.

*lightning cracks over head from gathering storm clouds*

• Brohoof 4

35 minutes ago, Nightmare Mirage said:

That was very cute mine pearl. :D

Interesting hybrid style of new and old prose.

Simply wait till Alex starteth speaking while nervous or upset *laughs* yay.png.765af17788e765ba6a552190f6a50c42.png

28 minutes ago, Prospekt said:

Oooh, nice! :adorkable:Especially the Minas Tirith comparison.

Which reminds me... I've got a chapter to write for Friendship is Stellar. I seem to have some demand for both longer chapters and more frequent chapter releases, so I'm going to try and get it done and up by Friday or so. So far, it has been about 10 days between chapters, but I'm going to see if I can cut that down a bit.

I'm a big LotR nerd ev'r since Alex introduced me to certain examples of human literature :twi:

Lookest more positively at that - thou can write short chapter at least :D

21 minutes ago, Nightmare Mirage said:

Welcome faithful servant. :orly:

Nevertheless, you should enjoy the tasks given by your master, lest you suffer more outwardly than inwardly.

*lightning cracks over head form gathering storm clouds*

lmao.png.89f6040e92d7ff10c3caaa484714529c.png

• Brohoof 6

(Hmm, so maybe pizza is just not my thing, thanks to the 'better half' hah! ehem, well, I can do this!)

Coffee coming right up! Nightmare style!

Oh, what's this for? *presses red button*

BOOM!

*hot coffee splashes everywhere*

Pray tell, who hath made such machines!

• Brohoof 3

I smell coffee smell. Definitely a pony is already drinking his coffee. Maybe I'm not an enthusiast of drinking coffee, but I like the smell of coffee, the taste of coffee in chocolate, yogurt. :P

I've read today morning full text of your teaser @Alexshy. The text was..... very good like always:icwudt:but .......car in Equestria? :ooh:

I'm curious @TempestShadow about your reaction after hearing a better version of Stalingrad movie soundtrack theme!:P

Hi @Nightmare Mirage! It was your coffee  friend? Unfortunately I must go to work soon!:adorkable:

czuję kawę.gif

Edited by Fluttershy Friend
  • Brohoof 5

1 hour ago, Fluttershy Friend said:

I'm curious @TempestShadow about your reaction after hearing a better version of Stalingrad movie soundtrack theme!:P

Sorry it was to late yesterday to find time, but this evening I give it a try.

@Nightmare Mirage No No NO, what happens here ! Don´t mess with the machine.. oh dear. Happy that you saved some of it, and thanks for it. Really great taste acctually. Normaly I prefer black coffee, but you made it really nice this way *nods*

Think the lounge needs a new coffee machine then, or do we still have any other working ?

Today is a busy day so not much time for fun, but remember I will always watch you even if I cant reply in a proper way my dear friends. TS_I_see.jpg.7a9adef3441a3bb3d8b0971e82b4a642.jpg

Merrymist ? What !

frazzledmane_brokenhorn__spoilers__by_poecillia_gracilis19-dbpnv9a.thumb.jpg.1b2ed91509fcc425f7e9c733751f6a6f.jpg

• Brohoof 4

*sneaks into the lounge, nodding to all of the ponies: @Fluttershy Friend @SoberStarlight @Nightmare Mirage @Nightfall Gloam @TempestShadow @goofyg65 @Wannabrony and @Azul Maya*

4 hours ago, SoberStarlight said:

Haven't been on this thread in a while, and next thing I know, it has grown tremendously in size!'

Thought it was worth mentioning that i just got a keurig coffee maker for the house!! I can't contain my excitement!!

How beest thee, lief? I extend mine hope, everything is alright *yawns wide and squeakily* Apologies *rubs snoot bemusedly* Art thou okay, if I add thee to the RP private group (we have to coordinate methinks)?

1 hour ago, Nightmare Mirage said:

(Hmm, so maybe pizza is just not my thing, thanks to the 'better half' hah! ehem, well, I can do this!)

Coffee coming right up! Nightmare style!

Oh, what's this for? *presses red button*

BOOM!

*hot coffee splashes everywhere*

Pray tell, who hath made such machines!

*chuckles* Oh, Nightmare, those who start modern technics courses on the Moon should score arrant! *with a bright flash removes all the coffee stains* Thou should socialize more, leaving thine prejudices behind, tis beneficial for thy outlook... Besides, who knoweth, mayhap some horror loving foals may melt thy frozen heart! *hugs, but stumbles on the floor, almost falling* Oh, one more splash... Apologies, I'm sleepy...

1 hour ago, Fluttershy Friend said:

I've read today morning full text of your teaser @Alexshy. The text was..... very good like always:icwudt:but .......car in Equestria? :ooh:

More comments are welcome through DM/PM, lief. The railroad car, mine friend ;) They came thither by Canterlot Express...

18 minutes ago, Nightfall Gloam said:

Hello, everyone, how are you?

Not really in the mood to ask a question right now, sorry...

Howdy benevolent.png.6014cd558e5674b436a51d86639a5108.png I'm sleepy, only 3 hours of sleep this time... Bewonder what it shalt look like in the evening.

Relax and hast thy coffee, then... If 't be true any left anon mine dark sibling... experiments *giggles, then yawns again* Oh...

9 minutes ago, TempestShadow said:

Sorry it was to late yesterday to find time, but this evening I give it a try.

@Nightmare Mirage No No NO, what happens here ! Don´t mess with the machine.. oh dear. Happy that you saved some of it, and thanks for it. Really great taste acctually. Normaly I prefer black coffee, but you made it really nice this way *nods*

Think the lounge needs a new coffee machine then, or do we still have any other working ?

Today is a busy day so not much time for fun, but remember I will always watch you even if I cant reply in a proper way my dear friends. TS_I_see.jpg.7a9adef3441a3bb3d8b0971e82b4a642.jpg

Merrymist ? What !

frazzledmane_brokenhorn__spoilers__by_poecillia_gracilis19-dbpnv9a.thumb.jpg.1b2ed91509fcc425f7e9c733751f6a6f.jpg

*hugs @TempestShadow* Dost not frown at Twilight, mine friend. With all those books she can forget to eat forsooth. She liketh thee... that's obvious...

*curls on the couch, levitating all unoccupied pillows and tucking them around herself; her eyes close and ears flatten, she perks one ear, hearing the noise, occasionally*

mlp-art-my-little-pony-%D1%84%D1%8D%D0%B

• Brohoof 6

Thanks for explanation @Alexshy.Oh my sleepy princess! *hugs and offers a pilow* By the way don't you think that pilows should be obligatory equipment at every place of work?:ooh:^_^

Work (and especially drive) safe. Teleportation would be good sollution. 

Oh I have such good ideas today!^_^ *pround of himself*

And OK.I will be waiting for your comments.

@Nightmare Mirage Thanks for cup of coffee (although without sugar) :)

@TempestShadow. Have peacefully day at work friend! And remember that be best wayto survive is...drink coffee. :D

@Nightfall Gloam Have you got any problem friend? I hope that it is only temporary.

Edited by Fluttershy Friend
  • Brohoof 4

32 minutes ago, Alexshy said:

How beest thee, lief? I extend mine hope, everything is alright *yawns wide and squeakily* Apologies *rubs snoot bemusedly* Art thou okay, if I add thee to the RP private group (we have to coordinate methinks)?

I'm doing okay. Life is getting in the way of my pony duties...

I was actually going to talk to you about that...

I feel that it's best that for the time being, I disband from the RP group. I don't log on frequent enough, and my knowledge of the background of the RP is limited. I feel that due to my flakiness, and other reasons, you should try to find a replacement for Twilight. Please, mine friend, don't take this personal... I do it because I care for and respect you and the other members of the RP!

• Brohoof 5