Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The WPCC Lounge

PinkieShadow

(edited)
On 6/12/2018 at 9:45 PM, Key Sharkz said:

Yeah, I love the SNES. <3

Fair enough. The SNES has some of my favourite games of all time.

Edited by Cash_In
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, VG_Addict said:

SNES is the best console ever, IMO.

Agreed. The quality of games, the graphics, the sound, the third party support, the controllers... It was easily the most solid console ever made with perhaps the best library.

Just now, Cash In said:

Fair enough mate.

The SNES has Super Mario World and Turtles in Time, which are two of my favorite video games :fluttershy:.

Both excellent games!

1 minute ago, VG_Addict said:

I just ate a home grown tomato.

Store bought tomatoes are just bland in comparison to home grown ones.

Not a big tomato fan (except sauce and ketchup) but my mother grows tomatoes every year and she won't eat store bought ones anymore now.

9 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

Call me a purist, but I'm not a fan of emulators. I'd rather play a game on the console it was released for. 

I generally prefer that, but sadly with older consoles it's harder to get your hands on them for an affordable price with the games. One day I intend on collecting them though. It's even more challenging for me over here in Germany because you have to deal with region locking and game consoles of the past being designed to run on 110v versus the 220v standard of Germany meaning if I wanted to play those consoles I would be forced to use transformers which take your power bill and bend it over and make it their bitch.

Just now, Key Sharkz said:

I generally prefer that, but sadly with older consoles it's harder to get your hands on them for an affordable price with the games. One day I intend on collecting them though. It's even more challenging for me over here in Germany because you have to deal with region locking and game consoles of the past being designed to run on 110v versus the 220v standard of Germany meaning if I wanted to play those consoles I would be forced to use transformers which take your power bill and bend it over and make it their bitch.

Doesn't Germany use PAL, as opposed to the US using NTSC?

9 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

Doesn't Germany use PAL, as opposed to the US using NTSC?

Yeah but that's not the issue anymore. See new more modern German TVs support all formats, the issue is the old consoles themselves did not support multivoltage so if I plug in say... Even a Wii U into a German outlet (American Wii U that is) the plug will explode or catch fire.

(edited)

NTSC and PAL ended after the end of analog TV in 2009, right?

I didn't know that a lot of people don't write checks or use cash, or that a lot of people don't use landline phones anymore.

What does that say about me?

Edited by VG_Addict

Just now, VG_Addict said:

I didn't know that a lot of people don't write checks or use cash, or that a lot of people don't use landline phones anymore.

What does that say about me?

Yeah checks are only really used to pay rent now. Landlines are mostly dead because cellphones have become more convenient than them.

I remember the PAL/NTSC problem with consoles back in the 90s. You had to either use a stepdown converter for your console or just buy the one for the region you were living in. Two of my consoles are PAL but I just emulate for the ones that aren't supported in the country I'm living in. I don't really care for emulators as much as the console itself either, but it's a decent solution when you move all over the place like I do.

Eh, checks are still useful, just not for grocery shopping and whatnot.

Although maybe it should be. You don't see those old ladies writing checks for bread and milk in $10k credit card debt, I'm sure.

I for one am a huge fan of credit cards, but too many people use them as free money and are angry they actual have to pay the people who loaned it to them in the first place. 

But I digress...I still write about 20 checks a year, I'd say, usually for school functions, and things that require hard cash and not a promise. 

Just now, PiratePony said:

Eh, checks are still useful, just not for grocery shopping and whatnot.

Although maybe it should be. You don't see those old ladies writing checks for bread and milk in $10k credit card debt, I'm sure.

I for one am a huge fan of credit cards, but too many people use them as free money and are angry they actual have to pay the people who loaned it to them in the first place. 

But I digress...I still write about 20 checks a year, I'd say, usually for school functions, and things that require hard cash and not a promise. 

But I didn't know that a lot of people don't use landline phones until recently.

I guess I'm behind the times. 

6 minutes ago, Sunset Rose said:

I remember the PAL/NTSC problem with consoles back in the 90s. You had to either use a stepdown converter for your console or just buy the one for the region you were living in. Two of my consoles are PAL but I just emulate for the ones that aren't supported in the country I'm living in. I don't really care for emulators as much as the console itself either, but it's a decent solution when you move all over the place like I do.

Yeah sadly for some of us it's the only solution. However interestingly enough the American SNES technically has no region locking.

2 hours ago, Key Sharkz said:

Yeah sadly for some of us it's the only solution. However interestingly enough the American SNES technically has no region locking.

Pardon my incursion, but I think the only "region lock" that the SNES has is two tabs inside the cartridge slot to prevent Super Famicom games from inserting, right? I may be wrong.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Key Sharkz said:

Neither did any of Nintendo's handheld consoles (up to the DS) which was nice. Half of my Gameboy games are either German or English, the rest are American. The SNES and Mega Drive are easy targets for emulation anyway, it's hard to keep having to find televisions that can actually display them properly. But I do prefer the original controllers.

20 minutes ago, The Recherche said:

Pardon my incursion, but I think the only "region lock" that the SNES has is two tabs inside the cartridge slot to prevent Super Famicom games from inserting, right? I may be wrong.

That is correct!

22 minutes ago, Sunset Rose said:

Neither did any of Nintendo's handheld consoles (up to the DS) which was nice. Half of my Gameboy games are either German or English, the rest are American. The SNES and Mega Drive are easy targets for emulation anyway, it's hard to keep having to find televisions that can actually display them properly. But I do prefer the original controllers.

Are you from or living in Germany?

Hello everyone, I am in class now so I won't be as active today.

Hope you are all doing well. :squee:

• Brohoof 2

23 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

Are you from or living in Germany?

I am from Latvia but it was cheaper to get most games from Western Europe.

2 minutes ago, Sunset Rose said:

I am from Latvia but it was cheaper to get most games from Western Europe.

Are you a native there or are you American living over there?

Just now, Key Sharkz said:

Are you a native there or are you American living over there?

I was born in Riga, but I grew up in America because this is where my mother is from, then moved back to Europe at 18. I've lived in England and Estonia too but I am currently in the US as of the beginning of May.

2 hours ago, TheTaZe said:

Hello everyone, I am in class now so I won't be as active today.

Hope you are all doing well. :squee:

Good morning to you as well, my dude! :squee:

I'm doing quite alright~! :fluttershy: I haven't done much today, considering that I've only recently woken up... but things are looking promising so far!

How about yourself~?

• Brohoof 1