Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The WPCC Lounge

PinkieShadow

Just now, TempestShadow said:

Maybe about a hyperactive pink pony ?

Shh! (Don't tell anypony, okay?)

Also, I didn't mean 'Child' as in you're just a little kid, I meant it as a shortened form of 'Child of the Night'. ;)

So much going on at the castle today - it's hard for me to concentrate. So, that leaves - ramens!

her_royal_ramen___thank_you_for_15000_vi

• Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, Mirage said:

Shh! (Don't tell anypony, okay?)

Also, I didn't mean 'Child' as in you're just a little kid, I meant it as a shortened form of 'Child of the Night'. ;)

So much going on at the castle today - it's hard for me to concentrate. So, that leaves - ramens!

I desire the ramens now, but with it being Sunday Trading, I can only buy chow mein :)

• Brohoof 3

8 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

At least they haven't Gone Slime on us... yet :)

@CypherHoof Hee hee, no happily not :orly:

I think FiM appeals to the inner child of all of us, and that is not a bad thing. It presents us a world where it is OK to be flawed, where the principles of the selfish are held up against the community norms that in another place and time would be called "being neighbourly" (which is also an awesome horse pun... hmmm) and shown to be wanting... who could not want to live in such a world?

I want to live in that kind of world, and sort of I do that every day, thank´s to the fantastic friends here. Even if flawed so many have showed me the best of friendship.

That was great words, thanks !

Barring the occasional out of hours emergency, I have the whole weekend free, but the UK is still dominated by religion-inspired laws that enforce the "sanctity" of the seventh day, so there isn't much you CAN do here today. Still, having a legally-mandated rest day isn't a bad thing; we all need to take a break at least once per week and catch up on ourselves :)

I don´t know of the rules of Sundays in the Celestianism "religion", but free to work at home I hope :)  Here where I live nearly everyting is open on the weekends, that´s the best days for the stores to lure of money from stupid persons ;) 

I have a nice pot of Guatamalan I am sipping my way though; I have been drinking the Sumatran most of this week, but decided it was a little aggressive for a Sunday morning (being very much a "wake up and get working" coffee rather than the rather smoother and more relaxed Guatamalan I have been enjoying as an afternoon cup this week)

Think you have a way better knowledge of coffee than any other of us in this tread. So I mostly go with the ready made "mix" from different brands. But you have made me more interested to learn more about coffee. In the rural area where I live the varied supply is poor. Next city tour maybe...

I downsized from a moderately large house to a flat some years ago, and would not really want anything larger now - it has more than enough room for everything I want from a home, although if I had a Special Somepony they may feel differently :)

I don't think I would want to go much smaller though; people in tiny homes (and indeed, the Tiny Home movement) seem to substitute expense (having to get quirky, expensive and difficult to maintain minaturized or multifunction devices to substitute for larger or more numerous devices I use) for the space they no longer have, and there are things (such as books) that have sentimental value and I don't want to part with (even if I am almost exclusively buying elecronic books these days

It´s no use to have bigger place than nesessary I think. I have started my life as an city pony and lived a city life. But I have always since foal had the best memories from the tranquility and open space far from the cities. So for different reasons and because of the stressed life me and my family made a change into the country style living.

I think we are older than many ponies here ? *giggles* 

• Brohoof 2

18 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

I desire the ramens now, but with it being Sunday Trading, I can only buy chow mein :)

It is wise to keep a store of ramens, always. ;)

And it comes with the added benefit of easily winning Luna's company. :D

Luna_ramens.jpg.0e52fbb1d5f34cad93129d51cc0d11fd.jpg

• Brohoof 3

19 minutes ago, Mirage said:

It is wise to keep a store of ramens, always. ;)

I probably have some dried "instant" ramen on hand someplace - but the above was in the nature of a humourous comment; in the  UK, ramen for takeout is usually sold as "chow mein" - there is a specific "chow mein" sauce used to stirfry meat and veggies, and the whole is then poured over boiled noodles. In some better takeout places, you might actually GET chow mein (actually fried noodles, rather than fried veggies ON noodles) but they seem a bit thin on the ground today (chinese new year and so forth). A chinese restaurant by contrast may actually fry the noodles in chow mein until they are crispy, but will also usually serve ramen as a (separate) menu item too - so served in a broth, with sliced meat atop, rather than relatively dry with a sauce poured over.

It is possible this is a joke that would only work in the UK context though :)

19 minutes ago, Mirage said:

And it comes with the added benefit of easily winning Luna's company. :D

I will bear this in mind if I should need to satisfy her appetite at some point. Got to be better than curried oat cakes :)

42 minutes ago, TempestShadow said:

I want to live in that kind of world, and sort of I do that every day, thank´s to the fantastic friends here. Even if flawed so many have showed me the best of friendship.

That was great words, thanks !

In many ways it is our flaws that make us individuals; I think Twi sung a song about that in S7 :)

I don´t know of the rules of Sundays in the Celestianism "religion", but free to work at home I hope :)  Here where I live nearly everyting is open on the weekends, that´s the best days for the stores to lure of money from stupid persons ;) 

Here there are laws that restrict what can be open and for how many hours on a Sunday - and those who enforce those laws are apparently exempt. Most supermarkets seem to be open from 11am (despite not being permitted to sell alcohol until noon) and close at 4pm. Many other businesses or sites such as museums have similar hours, or don't open at all on Sunday. Some businesses are self restricting, not because they are not permitted to open, but because they must pay employees at a higher rate and would rather stay shut than do that.

Think you have a way better knowledge of coffee than any other of us in this tread. So I mostly go with the ready made "mix" from different brands. But you have made me more interested to learn more about coffee. In the rural area where I live the varied supply is poor. Next city tour maybe...

For a fair while I online-ordered my beans, so presumably that would be an option for you too. Then I discovered that the site I most commonly ordered from was within driving distance, so started doing that instead - but it's still WAY outside the city, about 3/4 hr drive each way, mostly along motorways (so 70mph traffic). I save on P&P costs of course, so provided I buy a fair amount, it isn't significantly different than the price for delivery.

I still occasionally order online though - my usual coffee provider doesn't do certain things (like the infused coffees, or the rarer, expensive varieties like Blue Mountain) and Amazon offers free shipping :D

It´s no use to have bigger place than nesessary I think. I have started my life as an city pony and lived a city life. But I have always since foal had the best memories from the tranquility and open space far from the cities. So for different reasons and because of the stressed life me and my family made a change into the country style living.

I do appreciate the benefits of a large city - Monday to Saturday there are stores open 24 hours per day, while in my home town, NOTHING (not even the pubs) were open after 10pm. But in my home town, my (then) flat backed onto reclaimed quarry land and farmed fields, meaning you could watch the hawks and wild rabbits from the window, and the foxes coming out after dark. Sadly though, I can't do similarly here; while there ARE large areas of semi-rural living around the city, those are almost exclusively dormified - people who work in executive roles in the city, but want to live and raise their family out in the countryside, so actual working farmers find it hard, because farmhands are priced out of the area in favour of the newcomers and their land is worth more for new-build shiny dorm homes than for crops...

I think we are older than many ponies here ? *giggles* 

Only as old as the pony you feel - and I do feel that Luna's age is debatable, too :)

• Brohoof 3

I'm no kid either @TempestShadow :D But I think Cypher is still older than I.

@CypherHoof I simply took your comment as candid, and replied in kind. "It is wise to keep a store of ramens, always." Is obviously an absurdity meant to be taken as humor, even though I always seem to have them. :D

And I agree about the 'age' perception. We're just highly experienced 18 year olds!

• Brohoof 3

33 minutes ago, Mirage said:

I'm no kid either @TempestShadow :D But I think Cypher is still older than I.

Wouldn't be surprised. I think I am the oldest 18 year old here :D

33 minutes ago, Mirage said:

And I agree about the 'age' perception. We're just highly experienced 18 year olds!

Wouldn't want to claim to be the most "experienced" though *cough* :D

• Brohoof 4

@CypherHoof @Mirage I have always stayed young at heart, so I´m more the little Fizzlepop Berrytwist inside :) Mmm Lunas age ? Or Celestia... hard to guess, but old enough, and for sure a lot older than my mental age ;)

Well good morning then ! Back at my work this morning. We got a lot of snow this night, are we using metric or the other (strange one for me) here ? *scratches head with broken horn* 20cm or approx 8inces. And no snow plowing done the first (oh those measurement units) 8km or 5miles. But I made it to work :)

Enjoying my first machine coffee... yuck at first... but it will improve in taste as the day progress TS_suspicious.jpg.a79b83457e49da5dce1e61af109f5c5f.jpg

coffee_rarity.jpeg.243a4fc44896d60e5300e1f25f50bcae.jpeg

10 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

In many ways it is our flaws that make us individuals; I think Twi sung a song about that in S7 :)

Just YAAY about this ! And have to check that song... btw I love the songs, mostly because I´m a child *giggles*

Amazon offers free shipping :D

Mmmhm something to check out for me then. I have about 1hour drive to the nearest city in good road condition. So this is a nice option for me.

• Brohoof 3

Hello, everyone, how are you?

I had a pretty good day today, though, I recently admitted I had a crush on someone and was actually pretty upset when she told me she wasn't interested. Can't say I didn't see this coming though, but still depressing...

those are almost exclusively dormified - people who work in executive roles in the city, but want to live and raise their family out in the countryside

This is the same here, near the bigger cities they keep expensive horses and lives a pretended "farmer" life, driving an executive 4x4 car in the city. Pushing the prices so normal income families has to go. Can i tell they are hated like the pest by locals ?

We did nearly the same but far from the city and completely without any money at all, starting from zero. Now I´m the only one left with animals and tractors in my little village, and all are friendly and happy for the animals that keeps the fields open. It´s a happy place and we all neighbors are ready to help each other with any thing needed all the time. One thing sucks....internet. The telephone company in our country decided to remove the phone lines due to the fact that most ponies only uses mobile phones. So our DSL line was *pop* gone. Now I need a sat link to even get any internet at all. *sigh*

I talk a lot, think I need to return to what the pay me for here.... se ya all friends !

10 minutes ago, Nightfall Gloam said:

Hello, everyone, how are you?

I had a pretty good day today, though, I recently admitted I had a crush on someone and was actually pretty upset when she told me she wasn't interested. Can't say I didn't see this coming though, but still depressing...

I´m just fine friend !

Sorry to hear that, actually I have never tried the "net" way of love..... think I´m to old fashion pony for that. Sorry to hear that but keep it up, some day the mare for you just stands there when you least expect it *hugs*

• Brohoof 2

13 minutes ago, TempestShadow said:

I´m just fine friend !

Sorry to hear that, actually I have never tried the "net" way of love..... think I´m to old fashion pony for that. Sorry to hear that but keep it up, some day the mare for you just stands there when you least expect it *hugs*

It's fine *hugs*

Yeah, online dating and long distance love is definitely not for everyone. Having been through it for a long time, I can definitely confirm this. It is a relief to have this whole thing off my mind now, and yeah, maybe some day, that special mare will appear right when I least expect it...

• Brohoof 2

Wow ive missed so much today. Sorry Ive been so busy everypony. I'll try to catch up tomorrow. i miss talking with everypony here. I'm just too tired tonight though, I wish everyone a great day ^-^

Edited by Jade Fire
  • Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, Nightfall Gloam said:

It's fine *hugs*

Yeah, online dating and long distance love is definitely not for everyone. Having been through it for a long time, I can definitely confirm this. It is a relief to have this whole thing off my mind now, and yeah, maybe some day, that special mare will appear right when I least expect it...

Don't give up my friend. It's much better to go through the sting of rejection than a long, lonely road of regret. I know that words are kinda empty, but you are stronger than you think. I'll say it over and over - be strong. ;)

@TempestShadow I'm back to work! Yeah for me. :scoots: Tempest and King Sombra eh? I like it. :D Hug your horses for me, and pet their fuzzy noses. I just adore them. To this day I swear I can still smell my horses in the barn. (Might sounds strange to non-horse folks, but horses have a distinct scent and it's rather pleasant).

I'm about ready to head out for meetings, so not much time. This week is going to be maddening, I just know it. So I'll be in/out quick and maybe miss a few days.

I love you all, I will miss you. You're very important to me.

Nice coffee. I will cherish it before the storm! (it's already starting to hit - phone calls, reports, etc)

• Brohoof 2

9 hours ago, TempestShadow said:

@CypherHoof @Mirage I have always stayed young at heart, so I´m more the little Fizzlepop Berrytwist inside :) Mmm Lunas age ? Or Celestia... hard to guess, but old enough, and for sure a lot older than my mental age ;)

Advantage of being a grown-up too though is that you can AFFORD all those toys :)

Well good morning then ! Back at my work this morning. We got a lot of snow this night, are we using metric or the other (strange one for me) here ? *scratches head with broken horn* 20cm or approx 8inces. And no snow plowing done the first (oh those measurement units) 8km or 5miles. But I made it to work :)

Enjoying my first machine coffee... yuck at first... but it will improve in taste as the day progress TS_suspicious.jpg.a79b83457e49da5dce1e61af109f5c5f.jpg

Can't imagine not starting my day with a french press of coffee....

coffee_rarity.jpeg.243a4fc44896d60e5300e1f25f50bcae.jpeg

pssst. There is a Rarity in your cup...

Just YAAY about this ! And have to check that song... btw I love the songs, mostly because I´m a child *giggles*

I do like that episode (Fame and misfortune) but prefer the UndreamedPanic remix of the song... the real one seems too slow now.

It was also awesome to see GlimGlam as a supporting character instead of the usual "focus pony or absent" thing....

Mmmhm something to check out for me then. I have about 1hour drive to the nearest city in good road condition. So this is a nice option for me.

Now there I was expecting a shipping comment - RariJack maybe? or even TwiBurst? :D

Good time of the day, everypony... Well, I extend mine hope it is good at least for some. I feel a tiny bit better and I'm already at work... Shan't stay the whole day today methinks, the cough is not leaving yet and I'm still weak as a foal every evening. Thus bear with me, ye all, while I'm catching up with what I missed hither.

How are you all, mine valorous ponies?

• Brohoof 1