Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The WPCC Lounge

PinkieShadow

Just now, TheTaZe said:

I used to know how you felt. I actually quit one of my jobs because of how people treated me. Plus, I was the one who did most of the work around the place anyways while the others barely even tried.

There are quite a bit of people at my job who don't do their fair share of work. I guess that happens at every workplace.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, King of Canterlot said:

Yeah, I didn't blast my music in my car on the way home cuz my head was hurting too much, I didn't wanna make it worse ^_^

I'll read some more fanfictions and maybe watch a pony episode or two while snuggling RD, that sounds like a lovely way to spend my evening to me :squee:

Yeah, blasting music when you have a headache is almost never a good idea. Now if only I could internalize that concept... :D

2 hours ago, Twilight Luna said:

I like some of his stuff. Have you listened to MelodicPony?

Not until now! I believe that I've heard of that song before... but I suppose now is as good of a time as any to give his work a go! :grin:

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Twisted Cyclone said:

There are quite a bit of people at my job who don't do their fair share of work. I guess that happens at every workplace.

I guess they way is that if you don't stand up for yourself, you are going to be pushed around. Sad world we live for that to be the case.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, TheTaZe said:

I guess they way is that if you don't stand up for yourself, you are going to be pushed around. Sad world we live for that to be the case.

I try to be the chilled and laid back person with people. It doesn't always work well it seems. 

Just now, King of Canterlot said:

Ya went in and they told ya there was nothing they could do? I mean, what can you really do with a swollen ear, it kinda just has to go away by itself, right? 

Pretty much. I was redirected to another place to have it looked at further. They can't see my ear drum at all because of the swollen part.

I do wonder though. If I increase the volume in my left ear to match the same in my right, would it hurt the swollen area? :please:

• Brohoof 1

Just now, TheTaZe said:

Pretty much. I was redirected to another place to have it looked at further. They can't see my ear drum at all because of the swollen part.

I do wonder though. If I increase the volume in my left ear to match the same in my right, would it hurt the swollen area? :please:

Hmmmmm....... I wouldn't be blasting any music too loud into your swollen ear, I think it'll probably do more damage to it, making it more irritated and such, so probably best to just not do so :P

• Brohoof 1

Hmmmmm....... I wouldn't be blasting any music too loud into your swollen ear, I think it'll probably do more damage to it, making it more irritated and such, so probably best to just not do so :P

I'll give you the actual name they gave me for what it is.

"traumatic hematoma of ear canal"

Make what you want of that :adorkable:

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, The Recherche said:

Yeah, blasting music when you have a headache is almost never a good idea. Now if only I could internalize that concept... :D

Not until now! I believe that I've heard of that song before... but I suppose now is as good of a time as any to give his work a go! :grin:

I really like his work. Hopefully you’ll like it to. :D

• Brohoof 2

I really like his work. Hopefully you’ll like it to. :D

Oh, trust me; that song greatly subverted my expectations. :wau: i was honestly somewhat expecting a harsh on the ears electronic song of some kind... but that song was lovely!

Just now, TheTaZe said:

"traumatic hematoma of ear canal"

Sounds like an egghead came up with that name :dash:

Well, I really do hope it goes away for you at some point, keep us updated with the hopefully good changes with your ear's state, I'm kinda wondering now how long it's gonna be like this :ooh:

• Brohoof 1

Well, I really do hope it goes away for you at some point, keep us updated with the hopefully good changes with your ear's state, I'm kinda wondering now how long it's gonna be like this :ooh:

I am hoping a week or two. All I hope is that I didn't rupture the ear drum. I don't really think I did because I can still hear out it but it sounds muffled. Think of it like this way, it sounds like how it would be muffled when you are underwater in a swimming pool. :kindness:

• Brohoof 1

???

twilight_s_confused_face_by_itv_canterlo

Just now, TheTaZe said:

I am hoping a week or two. All I hope is that I didn't rupture the ear drum. I don't really think I did because I can still hear out it but it sounds muffled. Think of it like this way, it sounds like how it would be muffled when you are underwater in a swimming pool. :kindness:

Wow, it's that bad? :(

I can't imagine hearing everything for a week or more like I'm underwater, that has to really really suck comrade :(

Now I can see why you were so upset when it first happened, at least it's only in the one ear though :squee:

• Brohoof 1

Wow, it's that bad? :(

I can't imagine hearing everything for a week or more like I'm underwater, that has to really really suck comrade :(

Now I can see why you were so upset when it first happened, at least it's only in the one ear though :squee:

I'm only mad that my experience listening to music is impacted by this. Music helps me calm down and the such so having this really kind of messes with me. :yeahno:

• Brohoof 1

Just now, TheTaZe said:

I'm only mad that my experience listening to music is impacted by this. Music helps me calm down and the such so having this really kind of messes with me. :yeahno:

Well yeah, I mean it's all muffled and stuff in one ear for you :wau:

You'll get through this though, hopefully no permanent damage or anything has been done to your ear drum, that wouldn't be good at all :blink:

• Brohoof 1

Well yeah, I mean it's all muffled and stuff in one ear for you :wau:

You'll get through this though, hopefully no permanent damage or anything has been done to your ear drum, that wouldn't be good at all :blink:

Here is hoping my stupidity didn't fuck with my hearing. :rarity:

• Brohoof 1

What did you do that got your ear all messed up like it is? Did you poke it with something? Slam it against something? :mlp_wat:

Poked at it with q-tips and other things. I thought it was an ear wax problem but eh... I think I just made it worse. :sealed:

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, The Recherche said:

Oh, trust me; that song greatly subverted my expectations. :wau: i was honestly somewhat expecting a harsh on the ears electronic song of some kind... but that song was lovely!

Yeah, it’s easy to listen to as background music when I write. I really like that one and the Princess Twilight Sparkle Suite. Another one I think you’llmlike with a similar style is Evening Star.

Spoiler

• Brohoof 2

Just now, TheTaZe said:

Poked at it with q-tips and other things. I thought it was an ear wax problem but eh... I think I just made it worse. :sealed:

Q-tips? I heard those are actually really bad to use in your ears, I don't remember why but my mom's told me that before :blink:

Well, I would just leave it alone at this point, as like your doc said, there's nothing to do but wait and see if it goes away, so hopefully that will happen soon for you comrade, it sucks that you have to be going through this right now :kindness:

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, it’s easy to listen to as background music when I write. I really like that one and the Princess Twilight Sparkle Suite. Another one I think you’ll like with a similar style is Evening Star.

I'll be sure to give them a shot, then! :grin: I'll tell you what I think once I finish!

Q-tips? I heard those are actually really bad to use in your ears, I don't remember why but my mom's told me that before :blink:

Well, I would just leave it alone at this point, as like your doc said, there's nothing to do but wait and see if it goes away, so hopefully that will happen soon for you comrade, it sucks that you have to be going through this right now :kindness:

Thanks, my dude. I never really gave a thought on why q-tips were so bad for the ear. I know now why that is the case. :please:

• Brohoof 1