Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The WPCC Lounge

PinkieShadow

31 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

At what point is too much coffee or energy drink? (For me, it's having to go to the bathroom every 2 hours.)

Well, that would be one symptom; irritability, trouble sleeping, and so forth (plus of course for energy drinks, putting on weight :D )

And then there is the obvious that caffine DOES have a LD50 (but that's like 80 cups or more)

2 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Well, that would be one symptom; irritability, trouble sleeping, and so forth (plus of course for energy drinks, putting on weight :D )

And then there is the obvious that caffine DOES have a LD50 (but that's like 80 cups or more)

That probably explains me falling asleep at 05:00...

3 hours ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

That probably explains me falling asleep at 05:00...

Well, I get that, but that's more a consequence of most people I am talking to being in the US timezone than the coffee :)

Remember how I said "I never bother with professional tutorials because they appeal to an art standard(s) I don't prescribe to" or something like that? Yeah; is it a disadvantage to throw away, for example, traditional colour theory (red-yellow-blue), or in the case of 3D modelling, shading? Because I feel like it is, even though there are plenty of examples where not prescribing to XYZ art style/standard/preference is an advantage.

Not that I'm complaining about the outcome of my first 3D modelling assignment apart from the fact that it took me 6 hours to render it all (I wish I could install Cinema4D on my monster computer, then I could finish the whole thing in half the time or better and now I'm starting to realise that an 8-core CPU is still not enough; 4 cores is basically a child's toy at this point), but I didn't like how everything turned out round and smooth when my art style is anything but that.

Alright, in the event that I'm stuck in an elevator with someone or someone kidnaps me for my thoughts on 3D modeling art styles, I will always cite Runescape as the one of the best example of the art style I want to emulate, at least for terrain and crystalline structures; other honourable mentions go to Simcity 2000 and Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 for their use of marching squares/cubes terrain (even though the games in question are strictly 2D, their terrain style still translates to a fully 3D environment).

The only advantage with C4D is that I could probably make one of these either faster or more easily:

mlpfim_inkscape_to_blender_trixie_in_the_dark.thumb.png.ccb66a64b01bcd71a5fcefef06ff2715.png

• Brohoof 1

Just now, CypherHoof said:

Or perhaps a normal sized coffee and a double espresso to start you off on? :)

That will be good. Not very strong please.

Just now, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

No time for coffee... <reaches for energy drink>

Oh, I do not like energy drinks, but thanks!

Just now, Rixton said:

Espresso shouldn't come in "not very strong".

Although you could go with a cortado - that's a very very strong latte (like, about 3:1 milk to espresso) but much weaker than straight...

Just now, Key Sharkz said:

My weight set arrived! Time to pump some iron!

Cool.

Just now, Key Sharkz said:

My weight set arrived! Time to pump some iron!

I read that thinking how Ocellus could take that literally...

1 minute ago, Rixton said:

Oh, I do not like energy drinks, but thanks!

No, there was no time for me to get coffee (or a bagel) so I went for the energy drink I got before I left and whatever.

Just now, CypherHoof said:

Espresso shouldn't come in "not very strong".

Although you could go with a cortado - that's a very very strong latte (like, about 3:1 milk to espresso) but much weaker than straight...

The first one you offered will be good for me now. :)

• Brohoof 1

I have a hard time parsing anything between the hours of 07:00 and 10:00, but here's what happened just now: I managed to acquire an Apple sticker and applied it on my Asus convertible laptop. Reason: I shared a pic of my laptop and had people think it's a Macbook and my class technically requires a Macbook, so why not mess with people that way?

• Brohoof 1

Is it reasonable to refuse to call yourself an artist? How about asking others to not call you one? Or actively denying that you are one? In other words, something like this:

"I am not an artist. Do not call me one. Never call me one. I cannot be one."

53 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Is it reasonable to refuse to call yourself an artist? How about asking others to not call you one? Or actively denying that you are one? In other words, something like this:

"I am not an artist. Do not call me one. Never call me one. I cannot be one."

Nope. If others see art in your work, then you are an artist in their eyes. You don't get to decide the contents of other people's minds....

• Brohoof 1

Side question: am I the only one who thinks Gallus looks like a blue-and-yellow macaw? People keep saying Wonderbolts; I see blue and yellow as the one true complementary colour pair (hence Walmart, Best Buy, Ikea, certain universities, and actual real-life birds).

Edited by Ganaram Inukshuk

5 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Side question: am I the only one who thinks Gallus looks like a blue-and-yellow macaw? People keep saying Wonderbolts; I see blue and yellow as the one true complementary colour pair (hence Walmart, Best Buy, Ikea, certain universities, and actual real-life birds)

possibly; he has a bird-like beak (as do all griffins of course) but his colour scheme is blue and white, with gold highlights

Just now, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

I so wanna deploy the "where does one colour stop and the next colour begins" test because the last time I did, I got wildly varying answers.

Could always wish you were a mantis shrimp :)

Just now, Longhaul said:

*sneaks in and grabs a quick cup of coffee*

*waves to the other grey pone, and points them at the fresh pot :)

• Brohoof 1