Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The WPCC Lounge

PinkieShadow

8 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Could always wish you were a mantis shrimp :)

Probably wouldn't help; apparently there are reports that say that mantis shrimp's 16-dimensional colour space is a disadvantage where seeing even the simplest things becomes a chore.

Certain birbs and insects can see ultraviolet, though it also means you're probably seeing an ultraviolet haze all around you equivalent to how the sky is blue and your effective render distance is substantially lowered. (What if Silverstream, Gallus, and maybe Ocellus wrote a secret message in ultraviolet?)

EDIT: Assuming griffon is raptor plus big cat, Gallus wouldn't be able to see much UV if at all, unless it turns out that cats can also UV...

Edited by Ganaram Inukshuk

Just now, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Probably wouldn't help; apparently there are reports that say that mantis shrimp's 16-dimensional colour space is a disadvantage where seeing even the simplest things becomes a chore.

Certain birbs and insects can see ultraviolet, though it also means you're probably seeing an ultraviolet haze all around you equivalent to how the sky is blue and your effective render distance is substantially lowered. (What if Silverstream, Gallus, and maybe Ocellus wrote a secret message in ultraviolet?)

Yeah. it doesn't see colours the way we do - rather than processing into a single colourspace, it sees each channel independently. On the plus side, on top of the 16 colour channels, it can also detect polarized light (linear or circular) and can focus on three things independently - per eye.  Humans have yet to make anything even a fraction as complex - so, as usual, it is a case of Mother Nature taking a look at human ingenuity and saying "hold my beer a minute guys, I'VE GOT THIS....."

9 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Options:

1. Animation error

B. Time travel

Probably because the plots of later episodes weren't written yet. Episodes 1 and 2 were pilots so a lot of the time with pilots they don't actually expect a series to be picked up.

4 hours ago, Olly said:

anyone here 

This:

So, uhh, this happened...

capture_i_am_the_farmest.thumb.PNG.7799dff83429bfdd1324b72c04313a1a.PNG

This is the 2th skillcape I ever got. Took me just under 11 years considering I first started playing Runescape in February 2008. (The prayer cape I got about six months ago and I have a screenshot of that, too; DXPW helped a lot there, as much of a lagfest it was on the most crowded worlds.)

Spoiler

capture_i_am_the_prayest.thumb.PNG.52e592a4f3b61af49908d052a60f9fe2.PNG

capture_prayer_cape.PNG.c003eb23ef22df610d743efb4f12d9f6.PNG

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Longhaul said:

*stumbles in, more tired than usual*  Coffeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....

Ah well, its near the end of the week. Was there any news? I remember you were worried about a role change...

*hands the grey pone a fresh coffee*

Just now, Longhaul said:

*gratefully accepts the coffee*

No changes.  It has, however, been a crazy week, and I'm glad it's almost over.  If I can stay awake through tonight, I'll be fine.

Well, no news is good news then. Hope the coffee helps :)

• Brohoof 1

I'm gonna drive 20 miles to a bank and get stuck in traffic halfway there.

Well, in this cases, good driving music, aaand...lot's of patience :lie:

13 hours ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

This:

This is the 2th skillcape I ever got. Took me just under 11 years considering I first started playing Runescape in February 2008. (The prayer cape I got about six months ago and I have a screenshot of that, too; DXPW helped a lot there, as much of a lagfest it was on the most crowded worlds.)

Hide contents

capture_i_am_the_prayest.thumb.PNG.52e592a4f3b61af49908d052a60f9fe2.PNG

capture_prayer_cape.PNG.c003eb23ef22df610d743efb4f12d9f6.PNG

Okay but considering I know nothing at all about any of that Im not sure what to make of it

15 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Umm, let's just say that bug shenanigans is best shenanigans.

Meanwhile, Autumn Blazes silently cries in a corner...

Awww, I like Blazey - I don't want to see her cry...

3 minutes ago, Olly said:

Okay but considering I know nothing at all about any of that Im not sure what to make of it

I have an account I don't play, as previously stated - but nowhere near a skillcape in anything.

5 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Awww, I like Blazey - I don't want to see her cry...

I have an account I don't play, as previously stated - but nowhere near a skillcape in anything.

do you also get a rainbow halo