Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The WPCC Lounge

PinkieShadow

47 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

More displeasure for Trixie, I guess...?

Trixie is a "fake it 'til you make it" showpony - Her character was a bit one-dimensional in the early seasons, but certainly since she met Glimglam, she has gained a *little* depth. Meeting Glimglam was clearly the best thing that could have happened to her, even if she isn't really an ideal first friend for that pony.

She does have a few strengths - her fireworks are pretty effective, she can put on an impressive show with a thread-thin budget and almost no magical ability, and she is pretty self-reliant - but struggles with her arrogance and selfishness even more than diamond tiara.

1 minute ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

I'm just about ready to give up Cinema4D.

Odd, I thought you were fond of it?

Don't coffee me, please.

What else would we do in the WPCC?

2 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Odd, I thought you were fond of it?

What else would we do in the WPCC?

I used to be before it got difficult.

I'm known to drive 100+ miles in one go whenever I'm frustrated (or even when I feel like it); keeping myself in a low energy state keeps me from doing that.

Just now, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

I used to be before it got difficult.

I don't mind difficult - boring, repetitive or requiring constant small tweaks to operate - now that bugs me. (no pun intended)

Just now, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

I'm known to drive 100+ miles in one go whenever I'm frustrated (or even when I feel like it); keeping myself in a low energy state keeps me from doing that.

Or you could take a break, go play a game or read a webcomic or something, and come back to it later.

I probably should've stuck with something purely technical and analytical. Apart from graphics and game dev, art and computer science are incompatible.

Two things I hate about art:

• Having to comply with standards; either relearning what I already know or being rejected for doing things differently 
  • Feedback; that's another story

I probably should've stuck with something purely technical and analytical. Apart from graphics and game dev, art and computer science are incompatible.

Two things I hate about art:

• Having to comply with standards; either relearning what I already know or being rejected for doing things differently 
  • Feedback; that's another story

No, plenty of ways you can add art to computer science - however, what you are doing here is using computer science as a tool to create art, which is not the same thing.  computer science here is a medium, and if you don't like the medium you are currently working in, maybe another would suit you better?

But other side of the coin - designing things that look good but are also functional is a big part of product design, web design and other things that end in -design. in those cases, the art is a tool to making the computer science better, and that's also a career path.

I also hate that I left in the middle of class out of frustration, but I can't undo that now.

I wanna use Blender but the class requires Cinema4D... I can't even use my art styles because there's nothing there that allows me to do so, hence the low poly vs low poly thing...

Edited by Ganaram Inukshuk

13 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

I also hate that I left in the middle of class out of frustration, but I can't undo that now.

I wanna use Blender but the class requires Cinema4D... I can't even use my art styles because there's nothing there that allows me to do so, hence the low poly vs low poly thing...

Ah well, sometimes you just have to treat class as level-grinding - not fun, but a necessary evil.

Just now, Key Sharkz said:

I got back into playing Runescape because of this chat. Lol.

I still haven't bothered. I may give it a go at some point, but been playing sad facebook games most of this week...

5 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

Ah well, sometimes you just have to treat class as level-grinding - not fun, but a necessary evil.

I'm tempted to say that the class is anything but fun at this point. Actually, it's more proper to say that I can't be myself or express myself.

Photoshop class was all about photography but I was still able to express myself by integrating my pony art style when it was still at version 1.

post-627-0-24268000-1452566802_thumb.png

Web design was arguably my best class ever because I had free reign over what I designed and drew, and what I drew was that art style. It's also how I got this character to exist.

post-627-0-44382300-1489386412_thumb.png

Game design, I had to leave partway into the beginning of class because of my teeth but at least I got to use my 3d art style. It's also why this became my wallpaper for a while.

mlpfim_limestone_cube.thumb.png.f8b0e01c6f2ce9acbcafad56fb0718b0.png

How am I supposed to use photomapping in my art when I don't use it at all?!

2 hours ago, Key Sharkz said:

I got back into playing Runescape because of this chat. Lol.

post-627-0-94811100-1472701975_thumb.png

There's a story behind this...

• Brohoof 1

Good morning to you lads! I haven’t had any coffee in days due to being sick. :c

35 minutes ago, Longhaul said:

Good morning to you.  I hope you're feeling better now.

Still kind of sick actually. Thank you though!

57 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

Good morning to you lads! I haven’t had any coffee in days due to being sick. :c

Sorry to hear that. If Caffine still has an effect on you, that can only make it worse (sick AND have a headache/tiredness)

48 minutes ago, Longhaul said:

Good morning to you.  I hope you're feeling better now.

Morning Longhaul *passes the other grey pone a coffee*

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Sorry to hear that. If Caffine still has an effect on you, that can only make it worse (sick AND have a headache/tiredness)

Morning Longhaul *passes the other grey pone a coffee*

I actually am immune to the effects of caffeine it seems.

5 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

I actually am immune to the effects of caffeine it seems.

yeah, most people are - takes about a year of regular consumption though.

Ah well, lets hope you feel better soon ,at least.

Just now, CypherHoof said:

yeah, most people are - takes about a year of regular consumption though.

Ah well, lets hope you feel better soon ,at least.

Thank you, kindly!