Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The WPCC Lounge

PinkieShadow

I was hoping to get some more of Kingdom Hearts 3 done over the weekend... But then I saw Runescape is having a Double XP weekend.

Damn it.

Probably going to get summoning up, long past due for that. And maybe a little herblore.

7 hours ago, Key Sharkz said:

I was hoping to get some more of Kingdom Hearts 3 done over the weekend... But then I saw Runescape is having a Double XP weekend.

Damn it.

Probably going to get summoning up, long past due for that. And maybe a little herblore.

I've been preparing for that for the past few weeks; if I can at least get to 94 or 96 herblore, that'd be great.

Also, flipping to get any extra funds.

I also have, like, 3600 spare adrenaline potions from last DXPW...

Edited by Ganaram Inukshuk

11 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

*wanders in for coffee*

Costa have a new "Winter Character Roast"  - it isn't bad, I just can't figure out what is in it....

I had the same thoughts when I discovered chorizo. And Chick Fil A sauce. And this really sweet sparkling water that turned out to be sweetened with aspartame.

11 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

I had the same thoughts when I discovered chorizo. And Chick Fil A sauce. And this really sweet sparkling water that turned out to be sweetened with aspartame.

I had a g/f for a couple of years for whom Aspartame was a migrane trigger. Since then though, I have discovered I quite like the Cherry coke zero (and/or the supermarket own-brand clone of it our "tesco" chain do)

23 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Thinking about trying tea...

Is honey a viable sweetener?

It is, but honey has a distinct flavour of its own - for more delicate teas, it can easily overwhelm the flavour of the tea - and of course, honey is more sugar than sugar is (if that makes sense; it is fruit sugar, so more easily absorbed by the body hence more calories per unit weight)

31 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Thinking about trying tea...

Is honey a viable sweetener?

In terms of....what? Health? Taste?

As far as taste, incredibly so. It's not JUST sweet, it has it's own flavor that complements a lot of tea flavors (my personal fave is mixing it with Chai flavors or cinnamon apple spice, and chamomile goes great with it too...along with a little bit of hazlenut creamer...delish).

In terms of health...mostly yes, kind of no, depending? https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/317728.php (the partial no comes from the very last bit).

Just be careful with allergies...I found out the hard way I'm mildly allergic to it and break out in hives if I have too much (the up side is I have to REALLY have a metric ton to break out in hives)

Edited by Barnstormer

Ok I just came up with, 1, an excuse to use "anxiety attack at the auditorium" as a parody name for Panic at the Disco, and 2, a possible excuse to draw a sad Glimmy in the L'Hôpital.

<Glimmy in a hospital bed>

Twi: Starlight, what happened?

Glimmy: Anxiety attack at the auditorium.

<Third pony; undecided, probably Trixie>: Isn't that a band?

<Displeased Glimmy>

And of course...

Gannie <grey pony in sig>: Gem, how'd you end up in the L'Hôpital?

Gem <cyan-blue pony in sig>: I didn't know my limits.

Nova <lime-green pony in sig>: ...I don't get it...

5 hours ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

OK, at some point, you're just drinking straight-up honey dissolved in hot water, but right before that point is where honey in tea is at its best.

Not sure about that. There are cases where honey in water PLUS something else strongly flavoured is nicer than just honey in water; adding some sort of alcoholic spirit (such as whiskey or brandy) is a traditional cold remedy (I suspect it doesn't work, but people who use it don't actually care), and of course tea is a common example.

There is also the fact that honey is not -just- honey; because of what honey actually is (dehydrated flower nectar, mostly) its flavour depends a LOT on what flowers the bees have access to; it has been suggested that Earl Gray was inspired by the combination of tangerine honey (which is VERY hard to obtain) and assam tea.

(And yes, I am a bit obscessive when it comes to beverages, why do you ask ? :D )

3 hours ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Ok I just came up with, 1, an excuse to use "anxiety attack at the auditorium" as a parody name for Panic at the Disco, and 2, a possible excuse to draw a sad Glimmy in the L'Hôpital.

<Glimmy in a hospital bed>

Twi: Starlight, what happened?

Glimmy: Anxiety attack at the auditorium.

<Third pony; undecided, probably Trixie>: Isn't that a band?

xkcd irc channel used to have a bot that would look for alliterative phrases in posted responses and chip in with " '<phrase>' would make a great name for a band"

22 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

I got 99 herblore and that's about it so far.

I had gotten 99 WC prior to the event, but here is what I got:

• 76 Summoning to 88
  • 74 Hunter to 75
  • 76 Heblore to 78
  • 76 Construction to 78
  • 20 Invention to 21
  • 93 Thieving to 97
  • 76 Farming to 78

So a pretty good return for me.

2 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

I think they were trying to be subtle :)

I swear, POP is full of pony references and the most subtle one is the one you have to hunt down yourself. There's also six islands named after the mane six with descriptions to match and even some of them aren't very obvious.

I may have shared my ship names before, but I think they're "The Alright Ship Wreck", "The Burning Ramen", "Twilight Sparkle", and... I forgot the fourth one. Sometimes, the crew will paint the ship to make it "20 percent cooler".

Also, this. I finally got around to adding all the background nonsense.

capture_glimmy_in_the_lhopital_2.thumb.PNG.f15e72130c6d164b38b2777e26612c68.PNG

1 minute ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

I swear, POP is full of pony references and the most subtle one is the one you have to hunt down yourself. There's also six islands named after the mane six with descriptions to match and even some of them aren't very obvious.

not familiar with it, to be honest. This still runescape?

1 minute ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

I may have shared my ship names before, but I think they're "The Alright Ship Wreck", "The Burning Ramen", "Twilight Sparkle", and... I forgot the fourth one. Sometimes, the crew will paint the ship to make it "20 percent cooler".

Also, this. I finally got around to adding all the background nonsense.

capture_glimmy_in_the_lhopital_2.thumb.PNG.f15e72130c6d164b38b2777e26612c68.PNG

but she isn't an ail-acorn yet :)