Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The WPCC Lounge

PinkieShadow

4 hours ago, Valencia said:

So yeah, I was having a pretty low day yesterday and it affected how I saw everything :lie:i just wasn't able to see anything in a good light yesterday and even up til Midway through work today I was in similar straits- although I'm very much on the upswing now, I should be okay for awhile ^_^

so I've gotten myself ankle deep into membership renewal as I was talking about a few days ago, and I've found no other building manager since 2016 has taken the time to actually DO it

some of these kids have been going to our after school program for free for almost a year!! :o:blink: granted, it's a very low price for a yearly membership, but still it needs to be taken care of!

My favorite part has been how some of the parents have been reacting.

"Well I just don't have money for that" 

"I didn't know I needed to pay again, I just thought it was a one time fee" 

Now I'm having to send additional notices home tomorrow, saying how long their child's been without renewal and that we won't pick then up from school starting next week if they don't pay, what fun! :D:lie: 

Also, I'm having a less than stellar time digging out and organizing my office area.

Everything's one giant gobbed up mess, and not only are the desk drawers broken, but all the filing cabinet drawers are broken as well, not to mention the computer is running an unlicensed version of Windows seven and the copier has he to be glued back together :sealed:

I'm really fighting an uphill battle here, plus at the same time I have to ya know, actually manage my staff and fifty kids... Heh 😅

And I'm leagues better than I was yesterday @goofyg65 how're you doing? :rarity::D

Yay! Tia, thou hast reconsidered - tis wondrous, thou art going to stay in *approaches in a feathery flurry, grabs and hugs her sister* I'm verily sorry to hear about thy office being a mess, fees confusion and necessity to address some extremely stubborn parents (so unlike ours were *sniff*) and all the stress. I knew thou art stronger than that, sunny, and that's awesome.

Regarding thine software: Thou can make a list of programs use normally use and send it to me, so I can look for the best (and hoofy to use) free equivalents to get rid of unlicensed stuff (except Windows)... I'm still a SA, recallest that ;)

Knowing thou art feeling better maketh me happy forsooth, Tia. Stay strong, the foals like kind, but powerful leaders - believest me, I know :orly:

5 hours ago, goofyg65 said:

I had a cup of coffee hours ago two cups of it in fact and how is everyone doing today.

Yay! and me doing fine, thanks, lief :twi:

4 hours ago, Wannabrony said:

Um, am I too late to join the lounge? I see y'all are already 11 pages in, so...

*ahem* Alright! I'll see myself out. :D 

It's nev'r late to join something fancy, mine friend *dainty alicorn smile*

4 hours ago, Valencia said:

No please stay @Prospekt!! :D Itd be a great place for you to share your thought and work processes on your writings! Or just thought about work! or coffee!! ^_^ I've been keeping up with your updates on a fanfic you've been writing? Friendship is stellar correct? Well sis writes as well! Im sure @Alexshy would love the company of more writers! :kindness:

I join that proposal wholeheartedly, @Prospekt! Please, stay :kindness: And I shall surely love our company expanding, be it with writers or anypony.

3 hours ago, Prospekt said:

Sadly, I'm not really into coffee. I'm much more a fan of tea. :blush:

But anyways, thank you for the invitation, @Valencia. Not sure if it would really be... ahem... proper to join. :P

It surrely shalt be.

And coffee is only one of the... pillars, not the main fulcrum, in the earnest :orly:

3 hours ago, Prospekt said:

Alright. Well, then consider me the newest member of this little club here. :D

Believe me, I'm in college and it's quite a doozy sometimes. And since I'm on a path that will require graduate school, I don't see that changing. :okiedokieloki: I'm riding it out, though. :P And it has changed me for the better.

Yay!

3 hours ago, Valencia said:

I can definitely understand that ^_^ I should be heading back to school in the fall this year, and I'm hoping I can get some real leeway into a degree :D Although don't tell Lulu I don't have a degree :o I'm completely fit for running the castle as well as the land :please::D hehe 

*giggle-snort* *pretend she heard nothing though* Oh, I shan't remind thee, Tia... I'm not Nightmare Moon, right? :orly: *hugs*

14 minutes ago, Jade Fire said:

Hello every1! Enjoying a nice cup of coffee

Howdy! I'm still looking for the better artwork, but dost not worry, I shall come with something better shortly.

5 minutes ago, Fluttershy Friend said:

Hello @Jade Fireand all my other friends here. It is such hard for me today to keep eyes open. *crawls to kettle to make coffee*:D

*grabs sleepy yellow pone and nuzzles* Am I correct, suspecting that somepony read last night too late? :orly::D

Oh, it took me almost half an hour to complete that post, as I'm galloping back and forth hither. Busy alicorn is busy!

luna_from_mlp_comic_9_by_imageconstructo

I say YAAY and double YAAY again... so much happening when I sleep my life away ;)

@Valencia You are back ! *tears of joy* You see, some days we are not in the right mood, and we don´t think straight, I know yes I know. So yes please stay with us and share all struggles in life. That is what this little lounge is about. We all needs some company and understanding from each others. *hugs*

@Prospekt Tea or coffee makes no difference the lounge is for all of us that needs some understanding or just want to complain a little about work, school or whatever bothering us.

Or just a happy place to relax with close friends.

@goofyg65 Just want to say hello, and welcome to the lounge !

@Cyralicious You like ponies and coffee so just welcome to the herd !

@Alexshy I´m typing sooooo slow so just saw a notification that you added something, I think you and me write nearly about the same *giggles* we will see  :)

@Wannabrony Don´t go... 11pages ptsch... that´s a starter.... take a seat and join in the madness and friendship in the lounge, and if you like enjoy a coffee or two with us.

Sorry if I missed to mention anypony, I have hard time to keep up with things here, I try the best a pony can ;)

celestia_and_luna_hugging__redux__by_90sigma-d6jmnk4.thumb.png.bf479d3da034ed9cf9c85ba8898658b0.png

• Brohoof 3

Yay! Definitely the longest posthere so far. I must read all these earlier posts here. Awww. Thanks @Alexshy! And no. This time me eyes were busy from other reason.:DBtw I finished on Sunday the next  chapter (like always was very good). I hope that you have good time on work today! Keep smiling or even laughing. Why not?  Laugh is health! :)

@Maudileena please let me know when you post this video about last unicorn. And the same wishes for you all my ponies! Smile,smile, smile! And drink coffee. :)

Edited by Fluttershy Friend
  • Brohoof 3

DUzyfOJWkAA6ddx.jpg:large

The truth hath been spoken!!! :orly:

Just now, Fluttershy Friend said:

Well coffee - drinkers, my friends.. Cup of coffee helped only a bit for mine sleepiness. Taking a warm shower on my work is rather impossible. So I'm going to sleep here and now:proud:. I need comfortable,  not so big, pillow and maybe lullaby. :D

Like that one, lief?

Lunapoduszkamala1.jpg

Lullaby: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxLXBiY37JU

;)

• Brohoof 2

@Alexshy The first image it is simply true! In every cause SA is guilty. :D In my native language I would write: "boy/guy designed to be hit" :Dor. "If you want to hit a dog you can always find a stick". 

The pillow is I could say ......"aww" (the same in my language).  :) Thank you! Good that it is not Luna with fangs in this case :)))

I prefer no to listen anything here so I am not able to sleep. Btw about an hour ago in my radio was a song about coffee :)))

Maybe I reallly should do the same what Pinkie have done on that picture? :)) I will be more talkative! 

• Brohoof 3

@Alexshy You can apply that to my function over here too :)  Think it goes for all "maintenance" type of jobs :D

Think I lend a little corner of that cozy pillow from Fluttershy Friend, and enjoys lullaby too.

Lunch time right now... then some more coffee of course and then back to fix a struggling old messy linerecorder in the control room. And then next job in the queue waits *sigh*

Not much time for lounging here today, back at home a lot of work to be done too. Tomorrow the veterinary is coming to help me fix a zebras hoof, that grows strange. ONE year have

I tried to get some help from many vets. but no one knows how to work with zebras sadly, and failed. So this time they are a team from our countries highest education university for animals. I really hope they can get the job done to sedate him, to make the hoof trim possible, on the wrong grown hoof. This is my last hope for him. I can´t think of the cost for this, but I think I have to live on air for a long period to come. I love my animals and I do anything for them of course. So this is number one priority for me.

So if I´m not here in the forum for some time ahead, you all at least know why I´m away.

• Brohoof 3

49 minutes ago, Fluttershy Friend said:

@Alexshy The first image it is simply true! In every cause SA is guilty. :D In my native language I would write: "boy/guy designed to be hit" :Dor. "If you want to hit a dog you can always find a stick". 

The pillow is I could say ......"aww" (the same in my language).  :) Thank you! Good that it is not Luna with fangs in this case :)))

I prefer no to listen anything here so I am not able to sleep. Btw about an hour ago in my radio was a song about coffee :)))

Maybe I reallly should do the same what Pinkie have done on that picture? :)) I will be more talkative! 

Yeah, whatever befalleth, thou becomest the sacrificial... alicorn *chuckles*

Otherwise thy ears would be in danger :D

What Pinkie doth, applieth to Pinkie only oft. I tend to think, she defieth the laws of physics occasionally :P

38 minutes ago, Maudileena said:

@Alexshy You can apply that to my function over here too :)  Think it goes for all "maintenance" type of jobs :D

Think I lend a little corner of that cozy pillow from Fluttershy Friend, and enjoys lullaby too.

Lunch time right now... then some more coffee of course and then back to fix a struggling old messy linerecorder in the control room. And then next job in the queue waits *sigh*

Not much time for lounging here today, back at home a lot of work to be done too. Tomorrow the veterinary is coming to help me fix a zebras hoof, that grows strange. ONE year have

I tried to get some help from many vets. but no one knows how to work with zebras sadly, and failed. So this time they are a team from our countries highest education university for animals. I really hope they can get the job done to sedate him, to make the hoof trim possible, on the wrong grown hoof. This is my last hope for him. I can´t think of the cost for this, but I think I have to live on air for a long period to come. I love my animals and I do anything for them of course. So this is number one priority for me.

So if I´m not here in the forum for some time ahead, you all at least know why I´m away.

Exactly, lief! It's the battle of no win forsooth. Like herding cats: no real profit and thou art always scratched badly! I believe, Rarity can tell more. :D At which hour I was moderating some other forum, it was the same. 7 years of that: namely members mostly thinking thou art thither to poop their party, only rare cases of them being truly thankful...

I extend mine hope, thy tasks fall lightly on thee.

Ouch! Hast thou considered starting a patreon (or simple PayPal) account so others could help thee actually. I understand it's not always easy to do, besides, some can't simply ask for financial help that way. Yet thou can consider that variant likewise.

Tis okay, lief, we have tons of patience (as I already said) - thou shall be waited for calmly. ^_^

22 minutes ago, Fluttershy Friend said:

It is sad to hear that your zebras. @Maudileenahave such problems. If vet won't help them take my advice and call/write for help to one of zoos. I'm sure that they will tell you about a possible reasons and suggest what you should to do!

Soundeth like a reasonable idea to me.

Anyway, lunch time hither likewise, more coffee and salad... then another ride to meet the realtor. Still I have about half an hour of celestial tranquility... likely :orly:

• Brohoof 2

42 minutes ago, Fluttershy Friend said:

It is sad to hear that your zebras. @Maudileenahave such problems. If vet won't help them take my advice and call/write for help to one of zoos. I'm sure that they will tell you about a possible reasons and suggest what you should to do!

@Fluttershy Friend I have talked to every zoo in our country. Problem is that it is a large country with long distances to travel. So no one have time for that. I have tried everything the zoo way possible. But this team coming now have worked with wild animals in Africa. So this time it must work.

@Alexshy Thanks for the idea, but I don´t like to beg for money. I get them from my hard work and then transform them into animal care :)

I was very sure and prepared that it is hard to keep exotic animals, so I know and is ready. Problem is that the vets. are very very academic and don´t handle animals they have more problems than money from. It´s always money that decides, not the care for animals, those old school people is for long time gone. Everything is just stress and work work work for them too. So I completely understands the situation.

Now some coffee

pinkie_party.png

• Brohoof 2

16 minutes ago, Maudileena said:

@Fluttershy Friend I have talkens to  every zoo in our country. Problem is that it is a large country with long distances to travel. So no one have time for that. I have tried everything. But this teame comming now have worked with wild animals in Africa. So this time it must work.

I had in mind email with photos of their hooves etc., even talk by phone could help. If this is a team from Africa I am quite sure that they will be helpful. 

@Alexshy Bon apetite mon  amice. I am not sure if the last word "friend" I remember propely. :))

Now is quiet and peace here, besides I made a short distance walking outdoor so is good. Oh I have bought the next package of coffee. It tastes the same like always but smeels very nice. BTW smeel of coffee I like very much.

• Brohoof 3

11 minutes ago, Maudileena said:

@Alexshy Thanks for the idea, but I don´t like to beg for money. I get them from my hard work and then transform them into animal care :)

I was very sure and prepared that it is hard to keep exotic animals, so I know and is ready. Problem is that the vets. are very very academic and don´t handle animals they have more problems than money from. It´s always money that decides, not the care for animals, those old school people is for long time gone. Everything is just stress and work work work for them too. So I completely understands the situation.

Now some coffee

pinkie_party.png

Somehow I expected, thou would say something alike. Tis okay, I understand. I wasn't talking about "begging for money", thou could "sell" thy musical talent... Despite it soundeth mayhap... not very comfortable, I admit, remember, tis for thy animal friends.

And... yay! :yay:

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Fluttershy Friend said:

I had in mind email with photos of their hooves etc., even talk by phone could help. If this is a team from Africa I am quite sure that they will be helpful. 

Now is quiet and peace besides I made a short distance walking outdoor so is good. Oh I have bought the next package of coffee. It tastes the same like always but smeels very nice. BTW smeel of coffee I like very much.

I know a lot of zoo people and have had long conversations of course with pictures and all. No no they are not from Africa, they are from Sweden, but have all worked in Africa.

@Alexshy Have a nice rest of your.... rest ;)

Mine Lunch is now ended, so lets go down to the controlroom again then, sa ya all soon my friends.

• Brohoof 3

Just now, Alexshy said:

Somehow I expected, thou would say something alike. Tis okay, I understand. I wasn't talking about "begging for money", thou could "sell" thy musical talent... Despite it soundeth mayhap... not very comfortable, I admit, remember, tis for thy animal friends.

And... yay! :yay:

Thanks for understanding ! No my music is only for fun, I have done that before as an producer and I hate the music industry nowdays, and put simply I can´t find time to do anything extra to get money. My work is lets say not bad the income way, so that´s the main reason to care for animals. I don´t need a fancy car like many others over here do with their money. Cars are just a pile crap of iron. Animals gives and takes joy and happines :)

Ahhh I like this lounge... see we can all let out our.... work or other things.

Now I really must return to work *sigh*

• Brohoof 2

I think the same.It is much easier to literally  survive daily time on work being here and talking together with good friends. It was really good idea! Yay!  Btw I am going to drink the second cup of coffee.

• Brohoof 3

Just now, Maudileena said:

Thanks for understanding ! No my music is only for fun, I have done that before as an producer and I hate the music industry nowdays, and put simply I can´t find time to do anything extra to get money. My work is lets say not bad the income way, so that´s the main reason to care for animals. I don´t need a fancy car like many others over here do with their money. Cars are just a pile crap of iron. Animals gives and takes joy and happines :)

Ahhh I like this lounge... see we can all let out our.... work or other things.

Now I really must return to work *sigh*

Take it lightly, lief! *hugs tight*

@Fluttershy Friend: Simply remember to keep thy blood sugar level enough to operate effectively ;) Peanuts and apples are fine, but an accidental banana shan't hurt... not the peel, mindst that :orly:

• Brohoof 2

Just now, ShadOBabe said:

At work! La dee da!

I’m tired for some reason. Had plenty of sleep. Might need to find some caffeine!

*waves hoof most enthusiastically*

Mayhap it's because of the weather? What dost thou have at thy place? Hither it's snowing, many have blood pressure problems and sleepiness likewise.

Thou definitely needst some coffee ^_^

• Brohoof 3

Wow sorry everyone i was busy and missed that whole conversation its going to take awhile to read all this

i hope everyone is having a good day so far ^-^

Edited by Jade Fire
  • Brohoof 3