Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The WPCC Lounge

PinkieShadow

Just now, Longhaul said:

Just being there for them can be a help.  I hope things turn around for the better for you and your friends.

4 minutes ago, Rising Dusk said:

That does tend to assist with weekend relaxing.  Getting ready for work myself, but at least the weekend was relaxing.

I'm sorry to hear that Cypher.  Keep your chin up, just being there is often enough and appreciated once the darkness passes.

Thanks for that, both of you - I am fine myself of course, but feel helpless... just hoping they can work things out.

1 minute ago, Recherche said:

FASHIONABLY LATE ONCE AGAIN~!!!

Reveal hidden contents

eqg_rarity_forgotten_friendship_by_fotas

Hey, @Rising Dusk! I'm doing alright so far. I don't have a whole lot else to say, really! :lol:

I suppose you're doing fine? :catface:

I must say, while for you, being late is optional, being fashionable seems to be the default :)

• Brohoof 3

Just now, Recherche said:

FASHIONABLY LATE ONCE AGAIN~!!!

Reveal hidden contents

eqg_rarity_forgotten_friendship_by_fotas

Hey, @Rising Dusk! I'm doing alright so far. I don't have a whole lot else to say, really! :lol:

I suppose you're doing fine? :catface:

At least your lateness is always fashionable.

Glad you're doing alright.  I'm doing good, caught up on so much sleep I feel wonderfully refreshed.  Enjoyed the MLP movies.  Ate way too much popcorn though.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Rising Dusk said:

Glad you're doing alright.  I'm doing good, caught up on so much sleep I feel wonderfully refreshed.  Enjoyed the MLP movies.  Ate way too much popcorn though.

You know, funny story last night.. I wanted to have some popcorn, so I microwaved a bag of it, and sat down at my desk to eat it and browse the forums. Once I started cowing down on it, though... it tasted a bit too sweet, for some reason. Little did I know...

... I was eating kettle corn.:blink:

Well, anyways, I'm glad you enjoyed the MLP Movie! :grin: It's also nice to hear that you had a good night's rest! It seems like the weekends have treated you well this time around~!

• Brohoof 2

You know, funny story last night.. I wanted to have some popcorn, so I microwaved a bag of it, and sat down at my desk to eat it and browse the forums. Once I started cowing down on it, though... it tasted a bit too sweet, for some reason. Little did I know...

... I was eating kettle corn.:blink:

Well, anyways, I'm glad you enjoyed the MLP Movie! :grin: It's also nice to hear that you had a good night's rest! It seems like the weekends have treated you well this time around~!

Haha, a case of not knowing what you keep in your own cupboards?  I just had some theater style popcorn. :proud:

I tend to do what I can to make my weekends pleasant.  Really the only time I can connect with friends and families in the States. :twi:

• Brohoof 2

Haha, a case of not knowing what you keep in your own cupboards?  I just had some theater style popcorn. :proud:

No, we just have a basket full of snack on the draws in my kitchen. There's always a bag of popcorn there, but for some reason, it was kettle corn this time around... :blink:

I tend to do what I can to make my weekends pleasant.  Really the only time I can connect with friends and families in the States. :twi:

Well, it's good to know that you're still on speaking terms with them~! :catface: How long are you planning on staying in Asia?

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, Recherche said:

No, we just have a basket full of snack on the draws in my kitchen. There's always a bag of popcorn there, but for some reason, it was kettle corn this time around... :blink:

Well, it's good to know that you're still on speaking terms with them~! :catface: How long are you planning on staying in Asia?

Fair enough. :D

Let's see... two and a half more years, minimum.  Yay for the online age of gaming to keep in touch with the friends.

Image result for mlp gaming

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Let's see... two and a half more years, minimum.  Yay for the online age of gaming to keep in touch with the friends.

Very true~! It's crazy how only 100 years ago, we were still using pigeons to deliver messages! :lol:

I'm not lying, either! It may not have been international, but due to telephones being relatively new, pigeons were still used from time to time!

Edited by Recherche
  • Brohoof 2

20 minutes ago, Rising Dusk said:

At least your lateness is always fashionable.

Movies plural? you watched the pre-G4 movie, or EqG?

• Brohoof 2

Very true~! It's crazy how only 100 years ago, we were still using pigeons to deliver messages! :lol:

I'm not lying, either! It may not have been international, but due to telephones being relatively new, pigeons were still used from time to time!

Give us another ten years or so and we'll be rocking out in the realm of Ready Player One. :please:

1 minute ago, CypherHoof said:

Movies plural? you watched the pre-G4 movie, or EqG?

True, one MLP movie.  I was already set up and comfy.  Had the right lighting and more popcorn, so I continued and watched some EqG that they had on Netflix.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Rising Dusk said:

Give us another ten years or so and we'll be rocking out in the realm of Ready Player One. :please:

I think its more internet bandwidth that is lacking for that rather than technology :)

True, one MLP movie.  I was already set up and comfy.  Had the right lighting and more popcorn, so I continued and watched some EqG that they had on Netflix.

I quite like EqG; there are issues around what is or isn't canon of course, but it seems to be following its own path rather than just being a spinoff of FiM.

Oh, I should probably mention this: Congratulations on becoming a pony, @CypherHoof:catface:

Thankyou - I literally hadn't noticed myself; still, if I am now a pony but WAS a changeling, can you really be sure? :)

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

I quite like EqG; there are issues around what is or isn't canon of course, but it seems to be following its own path rather than just being a spinoff of FiM.

I enjoyed the first one and the second one was okay.  The rest of them, so far still have one movie and one short left, have been kinda meh to me.  It's a neat little spin off with it's own story and all, but what I loved about the first was actually the pony parts. 

Not to spoil anything, but...

Spoiler

Yeah, watching Twilight to adapting to be human was fun.  Then at the end when she comes back as a pony walking on two legs for that short movement was awesome.  Lost a lot of that feeling with the rest of the movies.

Image result for mlp shrug

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, Rising Dusk said:

I enjoyed the first one and the second one was okay.  The rest of them, so far still have one movie and one short left, have been kinda meh to me.  It's a neat little spin off with it's own story and all, but what I loved about the first was actually the pony parts. 

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, watching Twilight to adapting to be human was fun.  Then at the end when she comes back as a pony walking on two legs for that short movement was awesome.  Lost a lot of that feeling with the rest of the movies.

To each their own, I  suppose.  I liked the movies, there were a couple of shorts I wasn't too keen on, but overall I thought it was a cute little series.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Longhaul said:

To each their own, I  suppose.  I liked the movies, there were a couple of shorts I wasn't too keen on, but overall I thought it was a cute little series.

Indeed.  I won't call them bad, not at all, they are enjoyable and have their own merits.

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, Rising Dusk said:

Reveal hidden contents

I think they are old enough now that spoilers aren't really a problem (although anything after Mirror Magic you should still be careful with I guess)

First one was fun only in watching Twi interact with the non-ponies; the scene where pinkie explains the whole plot while the rest of the group give her sceptical looks is awesome.  Sunset was never a particularly compelling villain and her inevitable redemption (after the Rainbow Bitchslap of Harmony of course) more of a relief than anything.

The second one is more powerful; it is made plain that Sunset is being made to EARN her redemption by the rest of the school, although the Mane group are very supportive; it has more of a plot, much better villains, and showcases the counterparts of pony characters quite well. The final confrontation is well done, and isn't a redemption for a change (much like the destruction of Sombra, but with the implication that only the siren's powers are destroyed, not the girls themselves)

Third movie is weaker; sure, it introduces the EqG world Twilight, finally brings Sunset into her full role as leader of the EqG branch of the mane group, and the final confrontation is well done, but overall, the plot isn't much. Fluttershy has some great scenes, but I may be biassed :)

(not going to mention the fourth movie as you haven't watched it yet, but I don't rank it as highly as the second movie, although it has some great songs)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
16 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

I think they are old enough now that spoilers aren't really a problem (although anything after Mirror Magic you should still be careful with I guess)

First one was fun only in watching Twi interact with the non-ponies; the scene where pinkie explains the whole plot while the rest of the group give her sceptical looks is awesome.  Sunset was never a particularly compelling villain and her inevitable redemption (after the Rainbow Bitchslap of Harmony of course) more of a relief than anything.

The second one is more powerful; it is made plain that Sunset is being made to EARN her redemption by the rest of the school, although the Mane group are very supportive; it has more of a plot, much better villains, and showcases the counterparts of pony characters quite well. The final confrontation is well done, and isn't a redemption for a change (much like the destruction of Sombra, but with the implication that only the siren's powers are destroyed, not the girls themselves)

Third movie is weaker; sure, it introduces the EqG world Twilight, finally brings Sunset into her full role as leader of the EqG branch of the mane group, and the final confrontation is well done, but overall, the plot isn't much. Fluttershy has some great scenes, but I may be biassed :)

(not going to mention the fourth movie as you haven't watched it yet, but I don't rank it as highly as the second movie, although it has some great songs)

I can agree with a lot of that.  After the second movie is where it seems to take off as it's own series as a world dealing with high school problems and Equestria magic messing with their reality.

I felt the fourth movie to be weaker than the third really.  Relearning a lot of lessons already learned in FiM.

Edited by Rising Dusk

I can agree with a lot of that.  After the second movie is where it seems to take off as it's own series as a world dealing with high school problems and Equestria magic messing with their reality.

I felt the fourth movie to be weaker than the third really.  Relearning a lot of lessons already learned in FiM.

I think the fourth movie was basically to introduce the idea of magic seeping into the EG world, and giving the girls magical powers.  It also gave them a chance to give Sunset an ability (mind-reading).

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Rising Dusk said:

I am not sure that is true, but if it was, it isn't unreasonable - the EqG girls haven't had the opportunity to learn those lessons that their pony counterparts have.

In the fourth movie, the villain is actually misguided, but acting for what they perceive to be good reasons (you could say something similar about SciTwi of course, but clearly once she was overwhelmed by magic, she was acting for her own selfish reasons, while Gaia Everfree was acting protectively, even if smotheringly so and without checking if anyone wanted protection; possible parallels with GlimGlam's Equal Village maybe?).  That the girls have also gone down the path of being a "magical girl" group is playing to an already overplayed stereotype (not that the whole highschool thing isn't). SciTwi struggling with her inner darkness of course matches the similar issues Luna has, and so forth (although it was nice to see Flutters "regain" her ability to speak with animals).  So yeah, the plot was weak.

But there were a number of individual scenes that are memorable; the "midnight in me" and "embrace the magic" songs; the scene in the cabin "just like that - only EARLIER" and so forth. For me, those lifted it above the third movie.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
1 hour ago, CypherHoof said:

Thankyou - I literally hadn't noticed myself; still, if I am now a pony but WAS a changeling, can you really be sure? :)

Did I tell thee that I like thy sense of humor? *boops @CypherHoof sleepily* Well, if 't be true I didn't, consider thyself being told that now, mine friend! *giggles and nuzzles you*

Good time of the day, everypony! :orly: I'm finally back from the... Old Castle, thunderstorm beaten and electricity deprived. I'm tired and sleepy, thus shall visit y'all mostly via the Dreamscape... at which hour each of you falleth asleep naturally mischief.png.298add6e4c729e7bf8217c985cd58097.png

Edited by Alexshy
  • Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, Alexshy said:

Good time of the day, everypony! :orly: I'm finally back from the... Old Castle, thunderstorm beaten and electricity deprived. I'm tired and sleepy, thus shall visit y'all mostly via the Dreamscape... at which hour each of you falleth asleep naturally mischief.png.298add6e4c729e7bf8217c985cd58097.png

Sleep well, my friend, and I shall see you upon my slumbers.

• Brohoof 3

40 minutes ago, Alexshy said:

Did I tell thee that I like thy sense of humor? *boops @CypherHoof sleepily* Well, if 't be true I didn't, consider thyself being told that now, mine friend! *giggles and nuzzles you*

*boops the princess back*

Well, as a mere [checks own back for wings] erm, earth pony, I am honored to have amused you :) *bows grandly*

Do enjoy your well-earned rest :)

• Brohoof 4