Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The WPCC Lounge

PinkieShadow

51 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Columbian coffees tend to be quite strong; probably not an ideal evening coffee. Ethiopian Yirgacheffe is a good choice though, or the Guatemalan - as an afternoon or evening coffee, rather than a morning wakeup call :)

Thank you. I was sure that I'm among the best coffee experts on the forum! :yay: So it will be good choice if I want not to be sleepy? Anyway I don't like connection orange and chocolate.

Edited by Fluttershy Friend
  • Brohoof 2

9 minutes ago, Fluttershy Friend said:

Thank I was sure that I'm among th best coffee experts on the forum! :yay: So it will be good choice if I want not to be sleepy? Anyway I don't like connection orange and chocolate.

Columbian coffees tend to have citrus notes - that is, a sharpness and bitterness to their oils that reminds people of orange or lemon juice. Similarly, darker roasts of all coffees tend to have chocolate notes - which is unsurprising really. While wildly different plants (and not a true bean in either case) their active ingredients are similar as are their preparation; both are effectively seeds (but not nuts) that are roasted then ground. Coffee beans don't taste of chocolate (unless first soaked in a chocolate liqueur of course) but have the texture you would also associate with a hot chocolate drink.

Unless the packaging says they have added flavour, I would assume they are just calling attention to the properties of the coffee.

Edited by CypherHoof
  • Brohoof 2

6 minutes ago, Fluttershy Friend said:

Yay! You're a barista friend? For me good coffee is a black coffee. Except coffee which is made in my own city. It is only this one I never buy. Tastes really awful!:eww:

172.thumb.png.630829de7ccfa0b30ccab36c19685231.png

Not a barista, but have learned to appreciate good coffee (and tea, of course) over the years, and seek out the better ones :)

I spend far more than I should on fresh roasted coffee (and loose tea) and have a decent cone grinder to ensure evenly sized small pieces rather than dust :)

• Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, PiratePony said:

I work. I love coffee. Can I join?

*reads the terms of WPCC membership*

154.thumb.png.a2033d7406dca55fa49b9ffc703faf84.png

Of course! You are here already!:icwudt: There are only friendly ponies here!

3 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Morning everyone. Just made some Maxwell House for me and my mom.

You are kind pony. I know and drink Maxwell House quite often.

Edited by Fluttershy Friend
  • Brohoof 4

I made a pot of Folgers at home for me and my wife  before running out for a quick haircut. It will be waiting for when I get back.

At work we just got a can of Chock Full O' Nuts, a New York based one, which is bold and delicious. (It was a nut store in the 20s that morphed into a coffee shop in the 30s...no nuts but kept the quirky name)

• Brohoof 4

Just now, PiratePony said:

I made a pot of Folgers at home for me and my wife  before running out for a quick haircut. It will be waiting for when I get back.

At work we just got a can of Chock Full O' Nuts, a New York based one, which is bold and delicious. (It was a nut store in the 20s that morphed into a coffee shop in the 30s...no nuts but kept the quirky name)

He, he. I must admit that my knowledge about coffee is the smallest among my friends knowledge here.  :o

19 minutes ago, Fluttershy Friend said:

He, he. I must admit that my knowledge about coffee is the smallest among my friends knowledge here.  :o

What can I say? Computer geeks are supposed to worship the fruit of the bean, and I am a pretty old geek these days :)

• Brohoof 2

7 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

What can I say? Computer geeks are supposed to worship the fruit of the bean, and I am a pretty old geek these days :)

How old are you, exactly?

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, ShadOBabe said:

Morning everyone. Just made some Maxwell House for me and my mom.

I love Maxwell House, great coffee *hoofs high*

1 hour ago, PiratePony said:

I work. I love coffee. Can I join?

Welcome ! Working coffee pony... so far all is very very friendly and we have a lot of "work" talk fun going on here... and ohh coffee talk ;) 

Think I qualified for a small WPCC work report.

Just in the house for a short coffe break, then I have to do some more "free time" work before it get´s dark over here.

So far today, moved that IR-heater in the stable to cover a larger area. Replaced a missbehaving WiFi hot spot for some webcams. Mounted rear lights on a tractor trailer.

Cleaned out a large heated water bowl for the ponies. Cleaned out one stable (horse shit). And I even had some time to just sitt down on a hill watching the horses and just relaxed and got time to feel the tranquility of nature.

So after the coffee break, fix a problem on the living house heat pump and then a little walk with our small dog in the wood.

Think I´m done then..... let´s go, no more rest.

• Brohoof 4

33 minutes ago, Fluttershy Friend said:

I think that you really need friendly hooves with all of this on your pony farm, friend:ooh:

That´s a big problem when I live where I live. In the middle of the Everfree. Only Zecora is here to help me out ;) 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Maudileena said:

That´s a big problem when I live where I live. In the middle of the Everfree. Only Zecora is here to help me out ;) 

I am sure Flutters will always be willing to lend a hoof - if asked :)

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Fluttershy Friend said:

He, he. I must admit that my knowledge about coffee is the smallest among my friends knowledge here.

Don’t worry. I’d be considered quite the coffee pleb amongst coffee snobs. I like Starbucks, my coffee tends to be any brand I can get ahold of, I like to drown it in cream and sweeteners, and I *gasp* prefer cold coffee drinks.

• Brohoof 3

8 minutes ago, Magic_Spark said:

Just woke up. 

Wow there is more activity now than yesterday. 

Anyway, CypherHoof : I have a real horse and I am moving to live on the ranch where she is boarded. :D

Indeed. New friends are popping up.

Yay! Horsie!

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, ShadOBabe said:

Don’t worry. I’d be considered quite the coffee pleb amongst coffee snobs. I like Starbucks, my coffee tends to be any brand I can get ahold of, I like to drown it in cream and sweeteners, and I *gasp* prefer cold coffee drinks.

I wouldn't let it worry you. While I am fussy about the coffee I drink, that doesn't mean I think I can tell other people what they should enjoy (well, there are exceptions; earl grey is an abomination and wiping it from the planet would be too good a fate for it :) )

55 minutes ago, Magic_Spark said:

Just woke up. 

Wow there is more activity now than yesterday. 

Anyway, CypherHoof : I have a real horse and I am moving to live on the ranch where she is boarded. :D

Yey, horsie! now that's a decent reason to move :)

• Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, Fluttershy Friend said:

Oh and when it comes to your farm and controlers from UE I have remembered about some picture in my collection::D

safeheart_by_gray__day-daji6y5.thumb.png.ea5cc35ee3da6c16ecea6924395142b2.png

How did you get that picture from last week here ? :) And I thought my firewall was safe :D

• Brohoof 1