Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The WPCC Lounge

PinkieShadow

11 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Yet when it comes to "professional" software, it is ever-more-expensive commercial solutions all the way, and people are happy with that, for no reason I can readily determine.

We converted from Google to Office 365 - and I think it's a disaster. We converted, obstensibly, for 'security reasons'.

• Brohoof 3

15 minutes ago, Mirage said:

We converted from Google to Office 365 - and I think it's a disaster. We converted, obstensibly, for 'security reasons'.

Well to be fair - Google and Apple have already caved and will give anything in their cloud storage to any government that asks. Microsoft are still fighting that battle, although their odds of winning are not great.

54 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Well to be fair - Google and Apple have already caved and will give anything in their cloud storage to any government that asks. Microsoft are still fighting that battle, although their odds of winning are not great.

Nope - they won't win. It's all smoke and mirrors. There's hardly a difference between the media, governments and mega-corps. ;) It's the 'Grand Illusion'!

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Mirage said:

*Magically sends soothing aromatic spices and a warm blanket to @Alexshy* Rest well, better half. Tis no challenge on my own against Equestria. :orly:

Hello @Me.. I'm doing quite well, thank you. And I think we're all doomed to an ill fate with all the software subsciptions...this is getting maddening to manage! I remember the good ole days of ghost copy software...no fuss, no muss.  tehehe

*boops* @CypherHoof @Fluttershy Friend Stop being strangers!

@shadowwarp940 'Sup amiga

@Stormfury Nice to see things kinda back to normal, fuzzy friend. :D

@Jade Fire We don't know each other well, but I think about you everyday (your goodnight is my morning). I'm here for you.

@They @Everyone @She I think I remeber who you are...in any case, I know that I know you all, so... *cupcake to da face*!

No, that is not the case. Many of us know each other very well, but we don't know you. Give it some time. Be patient and things will be just fine.

Thank you, mon ami. Bonjour, everyone! Let's all have a warm cuppa coffee or tea and a warm crêpe.

• Brohoof 2

Hello, everyone, how are you?

(I noticed the conversation about software while I was gone. To give you my two cents, all this madness with Adobe right now, alongside my issues with Windows 10 really make me want to go open source, but I'm stuck with Windows since I need Adobe's software for some of the things I do... I really want there to be a viable open source competitor to Adobe's suite, sort of like how Wire is a decent competitor to Skype...)

• Brohoof 3

11 hours ago, Me. said:

(I noticed the conversation about software while I was gone. To give you my two cents, all this madness with Adobe right now, alongside my issues with Windows 10 really make me want to go open source, but I'm stuck with Windows since I need Adobe's software for some of the things I do... I really want there to be a viable open source competitor to Adobe's suite, sort of like how Wire is a decent competitor to Skype...)

Investigated Wire, but decided Tox was a better choice (not that I *have* skype, but Signal's insistance on being bound to a phone number got annoying)

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Jade Fire said:

hello everypony. sorry i havent posted here in so long. i feel bad about it. i hope everyone is doing well

*sad pony gives sad pony hugs to OTHER sad pony*

There isn't a duty to post here, and you are entitled to take the time you need - but on the other hoof, there are friends here who can be supportive if/when you need that.

• Brohoof 4

Hey, everyone! :twi: How are you all doing today?

11 hours ago, Me. said:

9 hours ago, Jade Fire said:

hello everypony. sorry i havent posted here in so long. i feel bad about it. i hope everyone is doing well

11 hours ago, goofyg65 said:

hi there everyone how is everyone here, i had coffee earlier this evening but now its Wednesday for me.

I'm feeling alright. Back to the stress of college, but at the same time it's nice to be back. Just got out of my first class of the day. Drank some iced tea beforehand to help wake me up. :please:

• Brohoof 4

Hello @Jade Fire @CypherHoof @Everyone @princess celestia2and all my friends who will will show his snoot here!

My day at work was quite good today. I had a bit less work to do, my salary raised.:P

@Jade Fire You don't need to apologize. Like @CypherHoof rightly noticed don't feel pressure to write here every day. And of course he is a right telling that being here  in our herd among your friends your mood could improve faster. *hugs all ponies here especially sad @Jade Fire and @CypherHoof*

Edited by Fluttershy Friend
  • Brohoof 5

11 minutes ago, Fluttershy Friend said:

Hello @Jade Fire @CypherHoof @Everyone @princess celestia2and all my friends who will will show his snoot here!

My day at work was quite good today. I had a bit less work to do, my salary raised.:P

@Jade Fire You don't need to apologize. Like @CypherHoof rightly noticed don't feel pressure to write here every day. And of course he is a right telling that being here  in our herd among your friends your mood could improve faster. *hugs all ponies here especially sad @Jade Fire and @CypherHoof*

Gently boops the yellow snoot, the cyan snoot of @She, and the royal snoots of @Alexshy and @princess celestia2*

less work for more money? sounds good. we could all do with such news I think :)

• Brohoof 3

5 hours ago, Fluttershy Friend said:

Aww, I'm a bit jealous. :P

Also, hi again everyone. I kinda just disappeared after my brief appearance. Do forgive me for this, I know this is a "Coffee Club", but I don't personally enjoy that drink very much and tend to steer clear of it. :adorkable: I do enjoy a good tea though. :D

5 hours ago, Fluttershy Friend said:

*rushes to cover my snoot* :sealed:

• Brohoof 2

18 hours ago, Jade Fire said:

*hugs* I'm very excited to see you here again. It already feels brighter in here.

1 hour ago, Totally Lyra said:

Also, hi again everyone. I kinda just disappeared after my brief appearance. Do forgive me for this, I know this is a "Coffee Club", but I don't personally enjoy that drink very much and tend to steer clear of it. :adorkable: I do enjoy a good tea though. :D

*rushes to cover my snoot* :sealed:

That's okay. We have tea! Many varieties here. Personally, I like herbal blends, especially the quick and easy Yogi teas. The lemon ginger or the bedtime...very relaxing. I also drink my own blends, especially the Hawthorne Berry and Bird's Eye pepper blend. Perks you right up!

• Brohoof 5

4 hours ago, Totally Lyra said:

It is only money!;) I really would like to change this raised salary for one hour less work everyday.

4 hours ago, Totally Lyra said:

I know this is a "Coffee Club", but I don't personally enjoy that drink very much and tend to steer clear of it. :adorkable: I do enjoy a good tea though. :D

It is OK! I also prefer tea than coffee. But I i drink both of them. Sometimes even good coffee tastes better for me. 

5ab33c6d40e90_1458104__safe_fluttershy_best_bestpone_blushing_bust_cute_hug_liddedeyes_mug_openmouth_pegasus_pony_portrait_shyabetes_simpl.thumb.jpg.b1d42964264bdfd3ef7f0e318c8fbcd1.jpg

• Brohoof 2

I arrant understand that some of you, mine valorous friends, may feel certain discomfort, posting hither... I don't know why though... Please, don't! This place was made for a small herd of soul mates to communicate in relaxed manner, so let it stay that way. Besides, hither Tempest Shadow is with us like nowhere else, mayhap except Pony.fm and their musical blog site. Ye all shan't stop listening to his music, fearing sadness to catch your tail, shall ye? Then why shall we stop gathering hither, mine friends. Sometimes a bit of kind sadness isn't that bad, it waketh up memories... good ones and then may bring a smile on your muzzles.

@CypherHoof @Fluttershy Friend @Valencia @Mirage @Jade Fire @goofyg65 @Loyal Defender @shadowwarp940 @She @Totally Lyra @We. @They @Me. @princess celestia2 @Everyone tis the call for y'all. Don't let that place fade in the void, mine awesome ponies!

• Brohoof 6

1 minute ago, shadowwarp940 said:

I heard my calling! Guess what, I forgot to tell everybody. I applied to the local college last month, wish me luck guys! If I get in, I can complete my dreams 

Yay! Congratulations, lief! Mine best wishes are upon thee and thine endeavours then benevolent.png.6014cd558e5674b436a51d86639a5108.png

• Brohoof 3