Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The WPCC Lounge

PinkieShadow

33 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Quick google threw up this?

https://filmora.wondershare.com/adobe-premiere/adobe-premiere-linux-alternative.html

if you skip past the first screenful trying to get you to buy their windows product, there seem to be a few options there?

I tried some of them (and get tired from some of them). Cinerella is so far is the best for me, I just too got used to premiere pro.

It gets worse...

• Cinema 4D - ALT + Middle-click OR 1 + Left-click to pan
  • Photoshop - Spacebar + Left-click to pan
  • Inkscape, Blender, and how I set up Runescape - Middle-click to pan

Can I wrangle all of that?!

23 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

It gets worse...

• Cinema 4D - ALT + Middle-click OR 1 + Left-click to pan
  • Photoshop - Spacebar + Left-click to pan
  • Inkscape, Blender, and how I set up Runescape - Middle-click to pan

Can I wrangle all of that?!

That's just wrong, middle click should ALWAYS be paste :)

2 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

*passes @Key Sharkz a coffee*

Oh, you know, we're keepin' on keepin' on....

Funny enough I've switched to black coffee to assist in dietary purposes.

1 minute ago, SnekEater said:

Damn! It's been a while since I've posted here, looks like it's slowly getting more and more traction as time goes on. :mlp_yay:

What's been happening, lads?

Hey Snekeater - long time no see!

WPCC was pretty dead last year; been trying to get it back off the ground again, because why not?

2 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

Funny enough I've switched to black coffee to assist in dietary purposes.

I was told to avoid it for dental purposes. Ah well... I do miss black coffee...

• Brohoof 1

Just now, CypherHoof said:

Hey Snekeater - long time no see!

WPCC was pretty dead last year; been trying to get it back off the ground again, because why not?

Long time no see yourself, my man!

True, this thread was a titan back in the day. Still, see no reason why it can't come back for old times' sake, eh? 

1 minute ago, SnekEater said:

Long time no see yourself, my man!

True, this thread was a titan back in the day. Still, see no reason why it can't come back for old times' sake, eh? 

indeed. Many of the regulars from back then don't seem to be around as much or at all though; I haven't seen people like the_gobo or the recherche for months, Nature Tune sadly decided to distance herself from the site, and Alexshy is snowed with work and family to the point they can't even work on their book, never mind roleplay in here.

Still, some of the familar names are still around, even if we still don't know what TBD stands for :D

indeed. Many of the regulars from back then don't seem to be around as much or at all though; I haven't seen people like the_gobo or the recherche for months, Nature Tune sadly decided to distance herself from the site, and Alexshy is snowed with work and family to the point they can't even work on their book, never mind roleplay in here.

Still, some of the familar names are still around, even if we still don't know what TBD stands for :D

Oh, yeah. Well, Gobo has officially left the fandom/forums, think he must've left back in October or around that time. Recherche still logs on pretty often, but he doesn't seem to really post much anymore, sadly. True, haven't seen much of Nature Tune in ages, and same with Alexshy, to be honest. 

Yeah, at least there's still some surviving members around here. As for what TBD stands for... Well, some questions are just better left unanswered. :laugh:

To be fair, it probably stands for something really existential or philosophical that we'll never be able to comprehend for the next thousand years. :-D

• Brohoof 1

With me back in the fight, we shall bring this thread back to its former glory.

2 minutes ago, SnekEater said:

Oh, yeah. Well, Gobo has officially left the fandom/forums, think he must've left back in October or around that time.

Sad to hear; I didn't see anything, but then they weren't on my follow list (not many are; I don't like being overwhelmed by notifications) just noticed the brohoof storms vanished overnight late last year.

Recherche still logs on pretty often, but he doesn't seem to really post much anymore, sadly. True, haven't seen much of Nature Tune in ages, and same with Alexshy, to be honest. 

Recherche used to be a regular here, and in the ban game, boop thread and others. Was a sectional admin for a while, then suddenly - nothing. no idea what happened there either.

Tuney has said they aren't as interested in the ponies any more, and changed their display name. They are still logging into the site regularly though, which is something.

Alexshy is posting updates semi-regularly; they have some computer trouble ATM but I suspect more along the lines of "can't run bleeding edge games" rather than "can't see a website".

Yeah, at least there's still some surviving members around here. As for what TBD stands for... Well, some questions are just better left unanswered. :laugh:

Spent a while making up stuff it MIGHT mean and posting that to the banned thread, but got bored of it :)

To be fair, it probably stands for something really existential or philosophical that we'll never be able to comprehend for the next thousand years. :-D

I think the word you are looking for is "grok" :)

9 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

With me back in the fight, we shall bring this thread back to its former glory.

Well, thats an option I guess; I was happier when it was more a drop-in thread for the familiar muzzles rather than the fast-moving thing it became over the summer (seriously, it was growing by a page every ten minutes or so at times) but would still rather see it busy than not.

• Brohoof 1

Meanwhile I'm fumbling with Photoshop; I pride myself with the fact that I learned Blender in a week and a Rubik's cube in 5 days without asking for help, but Photoshop is a nightmare...

Cinema4D is also infuriating but because the controls are foreign compared to Blender and Inkscape...

1 hour ago, Key Sharkz said:

Downloading Minecraft for the first time in like... 2 years.

I have it - on this machine in fact - but I haven't really messed with it. I was playing around with minetest for a while, writing modules, and bought a copy of the "real deal" to see how different it was from the open source clone.

Also got a bunch of sonic titles on steam I haven't even downloaded yet. grabbed down Sonic CD from the set though and its really, really chunky...

29 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Meanwhile I'm fumbling with Photoshop; I pride myself with the fact that I learned Blender in a week and a Rubik's cube in 5 days without asking for help, but Photoshop is a nightmare...

Cinema4D is also infuriating but because the controls are foreign compared to Blender and Inkscape...

I think photoshop was designed to make mac users feel superior due to its arcane usage...

2 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Maybe that's why I gravitate towards Blenderp and Inkscape...

yup. Blender was originally a commercial package of course. I chipped in a little when they were crowdsourcing the buyout.

39 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

I think photoshop was designed to make mac users feel superior due to its arcane usage...

Mac user here.

Photoshop sucks on Mac now too.

Equal opportunity suckage, that you have to pay a monthly subscription for....

Yeah and even keeping the old versions of CS6 like I have... The issue is they are not designed for high res screens so the menus and shit are all pixelated. Pick your poison.

6 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

Yeah and even keeping the old versions of CS6 like I have... The issue is they are not designed for high res screens so the menus and shit are all pixelated. Pick your poison.

Not really had to worry about it much - sadly, my lack of artistic talent means I struggle to draw stickmen, even after investing in an xp-pen that cost more than the laptop it is connected to.  Paint Shop Pro therefore suits me well enough, even though the last versions I bought were 9 and X, many moons ago.

I switched to all Apple products some time ago myself and the days of Adobe treating Apple better... They’re long past.