Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The WPCC Lounge

PinkieShadow

Just now, CypherHoof said:

Well, weekend for me now, and hopefully you have some time to catch up on yourself, too.

Not quite yet. Still need to get through tonight.

Monday busy, Tuesday fairly light, Wednesday was crazy busy, Thursday was another easy night ... plus I had extra duties added to me this week which means extra hours and less sleep.  Just need to make it through tonight.

3 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

I overslept. Yay. I also have an idea of what to do with Trixiebug, but...:blush:

Boo to oversleeping, hope you didn't miss anything important.  And what's the 'but' regarding Trixiebug?

Just now, Longhaul said:

Boo to oversleeping, hope you didn't miss anything important.  And what's the 'but' regarding Trixiebug?

The idea was more or less suggested to me several pages back: Glimmy gets mad at Trixie and turns her into a bug. Thing is, do I want Thorax to witness that...?

1 minute ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

The idea was more or less suggested to me several pages back: Glimmy gets mad at Trixie and turns her into a bug. Thing is, do I want Thorax to witness that...?

I see the dilemma.  It might add to the story, to see Thorax's reaction, if that's of any help...

45 minutes ago, Longhaul said:

I see the dilemma.  It might add to the story, to see Thorax's reaction, if that's of any help...

I vote for Thorax being present too. If nothing else, as a newly made bug, Trixie would be HIS problem now :)

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Is it cruel to deny a happy ending?

No, but it will make people less happy with you; people WANT a happy ending in fiction, because there is so seldom one in the real world.

9 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

No, but it will make people less happy with you; people WANT a happy ending in fiction, because there is so seldom one in the real world.

I second this.  If it's an unhappy ending, maybe leave it open to a better resolution in a future story/chapter.

7 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

Long day at work. Tomorrow will be longer.

How is everyone?

Gearing up for a long night...so far doesn't look too bad but it's still early.

Glimmy refusing to un-bugify Trixie...

You also can't write a happy ending when you forgot what happy is.

The next best things are vindication, satisfaction, justice, crunchwrap supreme from Taco Bell, humor, and open-endedness.

21 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Glimmy refusing to un-bugify Trixie...

Bugification is only a step though; Trixie either needs to learn a hard lesson about herself, find she is happier AS a bug, or both...

(also, GlimGlam really REALLY needs to stop believing she can fix things with magic. It never works out well)

4 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Bugification is only a step though; Trixie either needs to learn a hard lesson about herself, find she is happier AS a bug, or both...

(also, GlimGlam really REALLY needs to stop believing she can fix things with magic. It never works out well)

Or they talk it over with some Taco Bell.

Just now, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Or they talk it over with some Taco Bell.

Cruel and unusual punishment.

Seriously though, just because a story has a happy ending, doesn't mean all the characters need to. Trixie was repeatedly defeated by Twi, GlimGlam had her village taken off her, those in Tartarus really don't want to be, and of course the storm king went totally to pieces....

You just need to show how the story ends well for everypony else, despite that.

Also, how is this a song for studying when it's feels-inducing? I never got my feels trip permission slip signed...

https://youtu.be/8d7F5ikbajU

Hold on: a happy ending at the expense of the protagonist; something i thought for a while and felt like me; when your absence is more beneficial than your prescense... 

10 hours ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Hold on: a happy ending at the expense of the protagonist; something i thought for a while and felt like me; when your absence is more beneficial than your prescense... 

I doubt that is true; Starlight and to a certain extent Trixie are good examples of the Pony theme of redemption and re-admittance to the herd.  Only non-ponies are ever truely destroyed, and even then, only S3 Sombre would seem to be beyond recovery (presumably if you could reassemble the Storm KIng and use magic to make the repairs seamless, its possible his petrification could be reversed, too.

The dark side of Pony redemption though is that it doesn't actually reward sanctification, but conformity; Pharynx's redemption came, not from changing who he is, but from the Hive shifting in attitude to accomodate him after appreciating his value. The Hive is still small enough to do that as a unit, while Ponydom may struggle.  Still, the Crystal Empire (very much the Canadians of the Equestrian world) are often an exception (look at their acceptance of Thorax for an example, even if it took Spike singing at them to achieve it)

How hard work is, how awesome coffee is, and @Ganaram Inukshuk's desire to see Trixie bugified :)

Neat!

I am making some coffee before work myself! It's a bit weird to be in charge of people now.

3 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

Neat!

I am making some coffee before work myself! It's a bit weird to be in charge of people now.

Indeed. I do that when I have to, but people are hard, and technology is more predictable and easier to deal with :)

Indeed. I do that when I have to, but people are hard, and technology is more predictable and easier to deal with :)

Yeah, but I sadly deal with people all day.

Some of my co-workers are great, but this newer lady we have she... She basically complains about everything even though she only wants to do the bare minimums. Like I do what I can to try and make her happy, but my power is limited. Yesterday I let her go home early since she wanted to, and I kind of feel like she didn't even really appreciate that too much.

I'm generally a nice person in real life, but it does bug me when I am regularly nice to you and I never really feel like you even appreciate it. Like this lady is always complaining about something even though we've bent over backward to accommodate her. I think my bosses are getting to the end of their ropes on that though. Soon it's going to just be "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit."

It's sad because my bosses are so laid back it's not even funny. I can't see a reason to complain all the time at a job so laid back. Literally, I have tattoos, facial piercings and my wife has the same and wild hair colors (I intend on getting Rarity's cut in my avatar very soon) and my bosses are cool with it. I wear gothic and punk stuff to work and no one bats an eye. Like we're a super laid back environment and yet people are always finding a reason to complain about nonsense.

Sorry, vent.

3 hours ago, Key Sharkz said:

Sorry, vent.

That's fine, its just the way life sometimes is - some always see others trying to be nice and helpful as weak and to be taken advantage of; that those others DESERVE to be climbed on and trodden down on the path to greatness.  Invariably, that only holds true for as long as those above them and those being taken advantage of are willing to put up with their BS though.