Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The WPCC Lounge

PinkieShadow

2 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

*passes coffee to @Goofyg22 and @scars

software develoment is the art of converting coffee into code :)

Truer words have never been spoken.

It's true!

There's a lot of stuff that's need to be coded to make something a reality. And to do it, I need to be in super focused mode and have a lot energy :P

Thanks for the coffee!

23 minutes ago, scars said:

It's true!

There's a lot of stuff that's need to be coded to make something a reality. And to do it, I need to be in super focused mode and have a lot energy :P

Thanks for the coffee!

You need to post in the fanclubs or something or you will be forever a blank flank (unless you want that of course; not everypony WANTS a cutie mark :D)

And yeah. I am hip-deep in an ETL project atm; the actual code isn't too much of a problem, but getting the target schema (its json) and the new file mappings has been a pain.

2 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

You need to post in the fanclubs or something or you will be forever a blank flank (unless you want that of course; not everypony WANTS a cutie mark :D)

And yeah. I am hip-deep in an ETL project atm; the actual code isn't too much of a problem, but getting the target schema (its json) and the new file mappings has been a pain.

Actually I don't mind if I stay as a blank flank for a while. What's the hurry anyways :P

And yeah, I don't know why passing data it's still a complicated thing in 2019 :P. Devs are still trying to figure out less complicated ways to do it.
Good luck with that!

May the God of Google be with you

1 minute ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Question of the century: how does genetics relate to being an escapist?

We're all escapists to some extent... perhaps I'm more of an escapist due to a high and consistent level of anxiety. So genetically, if you're more inclined to be anxious or depressed, you'll be more of an escapist. That can be attributed partially to your genes 

10 minutes ago, Olly said:

We're all escapists to some extent... perhaps I'm more of an escapist due to a high and consistent level of anxiety. So genetically, if you're more inclined to be anxious or depressed, you'll be more of an escapist. That can be attributed partially to your genes 

...that was deep...

I don't have a good reason as to why Gem has a monstrously large cargo-passenger van named Vaniel while Trixie is staring at her with her own wagon.

capture_van_is_short_for_vaniel.thumb.PNG.523cf4e4364af9125ef4078a64f08adb.PNG

You know, I should probably open up a suggestion box on what to draw next and the best ones will be cross-pollinated with each other. Any takers?

The only other ideas I had were:

• "First my car then my headband in the toilet" while Vaniel gets fished out of a toilet
  • Sandbar getting freaked out by a (literal chimera of a) tarantula-hawk-wasp because he doesn't know what to do if he gets stung by it
  • More Trixiebug
  • Gem doing donuts in her van, Glimmy coming up to her about all the property damage she's done, and Gem saying "Looks like when I spread cold butter on toast"
  • Ocellus trying to read faster by reading two pages at once; left page with her left eye, right page with her right eye
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

I don't have a good reason as to why Gem has a monstrously large cargo-passenger van named Vaniel while Trixie is staring at her with her own wagon.

Why not? Ok, so motor vehicles aren't really Pony, but hey, magic and all that. As we know from S8, Trixie's wagon is barely large enough for just Trixie...

2 hours ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:
  • Ocellus trying to read faster by reading two pages at once; left page with her left eye, right page with her right eye

... on slug-like stalks :)

32 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Why not? Ok, so motor vehicles aren't really Pony, but hey, magic and all that. As we know from S8, Trixie's wagon is barely large enough for just Trixie...

... on slug-like stalks :)

Trixie-squishface comes to mind...

As does Ocellus-squishface, but only after she flies into Vaniel's windshield.

3 hours ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Trixie-squishface comes to mind...

As does Ocellus-squishface, but only after she flies into Vaniel's windshield.

Nah, Discord has done the extended eyes thing before, so its at least partially canon :)

103081462_DiscordEyes.png.55b49969b629c2d2cbc250031224a170.png

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Rixton said:

Good afternoon everypony! How is it going?

Meh. someone promised a customer we would migrate their dataset TONIGHT and I hadn't even started writing the ETL for it yet, never mind the lift-and-shift from an instance to S3...

So gonna be burning the midnight oil on this one. Good thing I have coffee....

I have a limited supply of coffee left until Monday when I can buy more so I’m rationing what I have.

2 minutes ago, Zkrahs Yek said:

I have a limited supply of coffee left until Monday when I can buy more so I’m rationing what I have.

Got like 4K of beans left, so that should last me until the weekend at least :D

1 hour ago, CypherHoof said:

Meh. someone promised a customer we would migrate their dataset TONIGHT and I hadn't even started writing the ETL for it yet, never mind the lift-and-shift from an instance to S3...

So gonna be burning the midnight oil on this one. Good thing I have coffee....

Oh...I wanted to pass a coffee, but I see you already have one.
How about....
csokis-mufffin-000-curl-e1444916737876-4