Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching The Adventures of Mike Out Of Character Thread

Pr0m4NV14

All right, so this is my first time actually making one of these things, so lets get some practice in, shall we?

Link to roleplay thread.

So the story revolves around Mike McGuffin searching for some sort of lost artifact, or perhaps some sort of shrine or temple or whatever. (It's the McGuffin, get it? Becuase it's a plot point and my original character's name is McGuffin?) So he is stocking up in Ponyville, a town that he is not very familiar with, only passing through once or twice, and is preparing for a train ride to a place near where he travel on foot. (Or would it be hoof?)  Mike is also looking for a companion to travel with, as he doesn't think he could make it alone. 

(Oh, and since Mike dislikes alicorns a whole lot, no Alicorn OCs are allowed! Sorry!)

Who shall be this fellow adventurer?

Link to Mike McGuffin's character page!

Edited by Pr0m4NV14
Added links.

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/28/2018 at 12:12 AM, Pr0m4NV14 said:

All right, so this is my first time actually making one of these things, so lets get some practice in, shall we?

Link to roleplay thread.

So the story revolves around Mike McGuffin searching for some sort of lost artifact, or perhaps some sort of shrine or temple or whatever. (It's the McGuffin, get it? Becuase it's a plot point and my original character's name is McGuffin?) So he is stocking up in Ponyville, a town that he is not very familiar with, only passing through once or twice, and is preparing for a train ride to a place near where he travel on foot. (Or would it be hoof?)  Mike is also looking for a companion to travel with, as he doesn't think he could make it alone. 

(Oh, and since Mike dislikes alicorns a whole lot, no Alicorn OC's are not allowed! Sorry!)

Who shall be this fellow adventurer?

Link to Mike McGuffin's character page!

This looks like a lot of fun and I’d love to join but....I’ve never role played before so this would be my first time. Would that be a problem or could I jump in anyway? 

How many people do you want to join in? I'd be interesting in joining in with my baker/adventurer pony Victoria. Her special talent is baking but she always looked up to/travelled with her father who is an explorer/treasure hunter, so I feel she'd be relatively useful for you.

36 minutes ago, Pr0m4NV14 said:

Yeah, you could jump in, but first, can you please link your OC here, @SummerHaven?

Would  this character be ok? She is my main oc and would like to play as her! Also I can’t get the pictures to work for some reason but I’ll try to get that fixed! :confused:

Just now, SummerHaven said:

Would  this character be ok? She is my main oc and would like to play as her! Also I can’t get the pictures to work for some reason but I’ll try to get that fixed! :confused:

Roleplay characters have been weirdly broken for a while, the formatting and images don't work at all. It's annoying but I hear it has something to do with poniverse and not the forum itself which makes it hard to fix, hence why they haven't bothered.

Just now, Battenberg said:

Roleplay characters have been weirdly broken for a while, the formatting and images don't work at all. It's annoying but I hear it has something to do with poniverse and not the forum itself which makes it hard to fix, hence why they haven't bothered.

Oh! That’s kind of obnoxious but good to know it’s not just me! haha

• Brohoof 1

@'Orse Radish

Sorry, but can we get a reason why your character is in the story, a link to your Character’s page, and a reason why you didn’t post in the O.O.C. Thread first?

59 minutes ago, 'Orse Radish said:

Ah, my apologies, this roleplay stuff is clearly more involved/complex than I thought.  I just saw the thread and replied, lol.

I'll withdraw my entry now and let you continue :) 

You can still join in I'm sure, we just need to see your OC's profile or get a description of them.

• 4 weeks later...

@Pr0m4NV14

Like after they find each other? Hmm hard to say really. Perhaps the guards at the station mistake us for being with the bandits, or maybe we run into cadence and she has news/something to tell our characters regarding the Crystal mountains or we could just explore he empire a bit before heading off to the objective. 

Just tossing out some ideas! I’m cool with whatever :P