Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Adventures of Mike

Pr0m4NV14

@Battenberg @SummerHaven

Mike Pulled himself away from  Victoria. “You’re  getting coal all over yourself! Besides, I can’t be in this place. It’s a bar.”  Mike walked into the sleeper car. “What exactly happened when I jumped off? It seems like the authorities had got most of the bandits.” Through the windows, many of the passenegers were being questioned by the newspaper reporters. “I don’t think Summer will be far off.” Mike muttered to himself, glancing back the way they came.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Pr0m4NV14 @Battenberg

After resting for a bit, Summer checked the door behind her. Unsurprisingly, it was locked. She opened one of the pouches of her saddle bag to check on Snickers, who hopped out and climbed onto her head. Snickers chirped angrily at Summer.

“I know, I know. I’m sorry.” She apologized to her pet. “I wasn’t expecting this either.” She looked around for another way in, and came up empty. “Looks like we have tor ride back the rest of the way out here.” She laid back down and crossed her forlegs. “Much better than walking though right?” 

@Pr0m4NV14 @SummerHaven

"Y-you don't like bars?"

Victoria limped after Mike, her back leg was bleeding quite heavily and she was keeping it off the ground as much as she could.

"After you jumped off I tried to follow but those bandits grabbed me and dragged me down here. I managed to get them off of me but then a much bigger brute pinned me and stabbed me in the leg, then they dragged me to the coal car and shoved me in it. They thought with my injured leg I wouldn't be able to get out but that just shows what they know. I didn't know what else to do so I hid in there. I'm so glad you came back, I don't know where the bandits went."

Edited by Battenberg

@Battenberg @SummerHaven

Mike glanced at Victoria. "I'm just glad that you're alive. I actually can't legally enter a bar. I'm not eighteen yet."

The two protagonists made it into One of the passenger cars.

"Hey! We could get onto the platform from here." Mike pushed on the door. It swung open easily. Nobody was in the immediate vicinity, but towards the front of the train, a large mass of ponies, with most of them being the Bandits, who were starting to get carted off to the local prison.  

Most of the Bandits were tied up, and just a few more needed to be secured. One of the Authorities looked around and noted another bandit with holding a rather beat-up looking Earth Pony as hostage.The armoured pony gestured to the chief, and the chief nodded. The armoured Pony when went a rather roundabout route towards the bandit.

@Pr0m4NV14 @Battenberg

Summer clung onto the railing of the car she was on until the train arrived in the station. Once it came to a stop, she gathered her things and hopped down. The confused unicorn walked the length of the train, peering into each of the cars as she went looking for her companions. 

Suddenly Snickers jumped down and took off running. He stopped at one of the cars and gestured for Summer to investigate. She grabbed her pet and placed them back on her head, putting her ear up to the wall as she did so. Mike and Victoria’s voices could be heard from inside. Summer knocked excitedly on the door. “Hello? MIKE? VICTORIA? Is that you guys??” 

@Battenberg @SummerHaven

Mike thought he heard something, so he lagged behind Victoria and looked around.   lol and behold, there was Summer near the end of the train! “Hey,” Mike started, but was interrupted  as an armoured hoof covered his mouth. “I’ve got you now, Mate.” Said the large armoured Pony as Mike was silently dragged away to be shipped off with the rest of the Bandits...

@Pr0m4NV14 @Battenberg

"Victoria! I'm so glad I finally found you!" Summer exclaimed when Victoria came around the corner. Summer immediately noticed Victoria's injured leg. "Heh, it's a long story and- Oh my goodness look what they did to you!" She dropped her bag on the ground and rooted through it until she pulled out her bandages.

"I could have sworn I heard Mike around here too, but I never actually saw him." Summer got to work cleaning her friend's wound and wrapped the bandage around her leg to stop the bleeding. "Now this is going to feel kind of strange at first but I promise it will make you feel better." Summer ignited her horn and touched it to the area where the wound was concealed by the bandages. After a few moments the pain began to dissipate until it was just a slight tickle. The green unicorn smiled and backed away so her friend could have some space. The glow emitting from her horn went back to normal. 

"Wait you were with him just now? That's odd I wonder where he went." Summer said as she began to put away her things. 

@SummerHaven @Battenberg

Mike was tossed onto the metal floor of the wagon with all the other badits. They had stripped him of his saddlebag and sword, which were placed in a separate crate with all of the confiscated bandit weapons. “Aight, mate. That’s the last of em’,ship them out.” Said one of the armoured authorities to someone at the front of the wagon. Soon, Mike could feel himself moving as the walls of the station slid though the barred windows, and soon the grand buildings of the Crystal Empire would be seen peircing the night sky. “I hope Summer found Victoria.” Mike mumbled to himself...

@SummerHaven @Pr0m4NV14

Victoria grimaced but did not cry out, instead gritting her teeth. The only visible sign of pain was a slight watering of the eyes.

"Thank you, that feels better." 

She smiled at Summer,

"Yes, I was with him just now, we were looking for you but I guess he fell back and now Celestia only knows where he's trotted off to. Maybe we should ask the authorities? I'll leave that to you, you seem to be more suited to talking to strangers."

@Pr0m4NV14 @Battenberg

“I do? Well I suppose I could try...” Summer was about to leave the train car when she heard a commotion outside. She turned around and trotted to the window. 

She saw a bunch of official looking ponies dragging a brown stallion into a  covered wooden wagon.

“Wait a minute is that...MIKE?!” Summer motioned for Victoria to come see. “Oh my goodness they’ve got him in restraints! We’ve gotta do something!”

@SummerHaven @Battenberg

Mike’s face was pressed against the cold wall of the wagon. He was thankful that at least none of the Bandit’s recognized him, at least. “So much for a warm welcome.” Mike thought to himself, thinking about what the pamphlet had said about the friendly citizens of the Crystal Empire. The wagon continued moving, slowly, but not in the direction Mike expected it to. Instead of a prison, the convicts were instead heading towards the large and grand Palace! “Of course there would be a trail in front of a court.” Mike thought, even though he had no idea how they were run, with lawyers and whatnot, but a chance was a chance, and at least there was some hope in that.

The armoured pony watched the wagon leave the station. As he turned around, he nearly bumped into two mares, one a blue-ish Unicorn and the other the beat-up Earth Pony that he rescued from the bandit straggler. “You mates alright?” He said quizzically (and also in a thick accent), looking down at the two new arrivals “Shouldn’t you two be with the others?”

@Pr0m4NV14 @Battenberg

Summer rushed out of the train car, and in her haste, nearly ran straight into a crystal pony dressed in armor. He appeared to be one of the guards of the empire.  

Summer pawed nervously at the ground as the pony questioned the duo. “Um sorry to bother you sir but...you see...there’s been a mistake! Our friend got captured and put into one of those wagons with the other bandits! He wasn’t with them, honest. He’s with us.” Summer pleaded to the armored pony.

“We need to catch up to that wagon before they take him away!” Summer told the guard, half expecting him not to believe her. Summer looked to Victoria, hoping she would back up her claim. 

@SummerHaven @Pr0m4NV14

"Look, I know you don't want to believe us but that stallion saved us and many of the other passengers, he took care of half of those bandits!"

Victoria looked angry, she was holding herself back because leaping at a police officer had no positive outcomes. This was probably why she had asked Summer to speak, but she needed backup.

"You have to believe us, what happened to innocent until proven guilty? Do you have proof?"

@SummerHaven @Victoria Sponge

The guard leaned away from the angry mare.

“Alright, mates. Your ‘freind’ is being taken to the Crystal Palace, okay? And ask your friend to not dress up as the enemy next time.” The armoured pony still didn’t believe that the Bandit straggler was with the two ponies in front of him, but he didn’t want any trouble.

“I’ll take you there, alright?”

Mike and the large group of bandits were being held in a dimly lit room. Through the door he could hear the many voices of ponies as they conversed in the large courtroom. Beside him sat the Bandit Leader. Mike was suddenly glad that the layer of soot disguised him well enough. The door creaked open, and two more of the armoured guards stood in the doorway, wielding sharp looking spears.

“Alright maggots! You are going to be appearing in front of Her Majesty, so no funny business! Now, single file, you scum!” Mike decided that he should listen, and got into line with the others, who were being led out the door.

I don’t like the sound of this ‘Her Majesty’.” Mike thought to himself as the bright light of the courtroom flooded his vision...

(edited)

@SummerHaven @Pr0m4NV14

"Thank you, that's very kind."

Victoria had almost been ready to break the guy, no matter how bad an idea that would have been. This was a much better result.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"All rise for Her Royal Majesty, the most honourable Princess Mi Amore Cadenzea."

In the court room stood a very serious looking jury and some very official looking ponies stood at the centre of the room. Centre-most of all was Her Majesty, Princess Mi Amore Cadenza. The princess was trying her best to look serious though she had her doubts about this trial, obviously the bandits needed to be punished for their actions but she was the princess of love, the princess of compassion, how could she do this without going against the very things she stood for. This job would be better suited to her husband.

"T-thank you. You may all be seated and we shall get on with this trial. You ponies stand here accused of the heinous crimes of banditry, theft and murder. We will have a fair trial, hear the cases from both the defence and the opposition and then the jury shall decide your fate." 

She sighed a little, satisfied with her introduction and ready to let somepony else do the talking.

Edited by Victoria Sponge

@Victoria Sponge @Pr0m4NV14

Summer followed the guard pony who seemed to be leading them further into the city. The Crystal Empire was absolutely gorgeous. The streets and some of the buildings seemed to made made from, unsurprisingly, crystal. They all had exquisite detail and yet we’re still able to be functional. Summer was sad that she didn’t have time to admire the them due to the circumstances. 

Unsatisfied with the guard’s leisurely pace, and general lack of concern for their  situation, Summer decided she ought to say something. 

“Umm...excuse me sir. We appreciate you helping and all but, we are kind of in a hurry. If you want you could point us in the right direction and we can take if from here?” Summer offered modestly.

@SummerHaven @Pr0m4NV14

"That sounds like a good idea, you should be out there dealing with crimes, not traipsing us around the city. Unless you don't trust us for whatever reason."

These guards always seemed so proud, on the one hoof Victoria could see this pride being hurt by the simple task he was currently performing but on the other maybe he took pride in the little jobs too and would not leave two ponies he didn't entirely trust to stroll through the city unaccompanied. 

@Victoria Sponge @SummerHaven

The guard pointed down an adjacent street. “The Palace is that way. Your, err... Freind is probably in there.” With that, the armoured Pony walker back in the direction of the station.

Mike tried to make himself hidden amongst the older, larger bandits that he was with. At the front of the large hall stood who could be “Her Majesty”, who was currently giving a speech. One of the bandits beside him was grumbling about a lawyer. Mike glanced behind him at the large doors. He had absolutely no experience with getting out of this type of situation.

@Victoria Sponge @Pr0m4NV14

Summer waited for the guard to leave before she looked at Victoria and said in a puzzled voice, “Did...did he just say palace? Why would they take him there?” 

Summer tried to wipe the puzzled expression off her face. 

“At any rate, we better hurry. They got a pretty good head start on us and we don’t want anything bad to happen!” Summer took off in the direction the guard pointed. She winced at the pain in her leg, but tried to ignore it to the best of her abilitySnickers was clinging onto her horn as she ran.

Edited by SummerHaven

The bandit leader was thrust to forwards by a Crystal Guard. The large Earth Pony glared at the Judge, Jury and Princess in front of him. In a nasally voice, the Judge questioned "Why did you attack that train? It was full of innocent civilians!" 

The bandit leader stared back at the group in front of him. "My group of bandits and I were given information that the wielder of The Blade Of The Holy Goddess would be on that train. We were to use that blade to overthrow the Princesses and rule Equestria under all three races instead of those two lousy clods who think they are so damn great!"

This statement caused most of the ponies in the great hall to gasp, Mike included. The bandit next to him gave him a questioning look. "Hey, wait a minute, you're that Earth Pony that beat us on the train!" 

The Bandit lunged at Mike, knocking him to the ground. "Too bad you don't have that sword of yours. It looks like the tables have turned!"

@Pr0m4NV14 @SummerHaven

Victoria and Summer entered just in time to see the bandit tackling Mike who seemed to be on trial with the bandits for some reason. Victoria looked ready to attack but before she could run forwards she was stopped by a shout.

"Hey, wait!" 

She jumped down from her podium and used her magic to pull the bandit off of Mike.

"Guards, keep hold of him. How dare you insult your princesses!"

She turned to Mike once the guards had restrained the rogue bandit leader and offered a hoof to him.

"I'm a little confused about what just happened but it seems perhaps we've made an error of judgement here. Is it true you helped fight off these bandits on the train?"

Mike got up by himself and looked upwards at the princess. "Yeah, I and my two companions took care of them." 

Mike looked around the great hall and spied Summer Haven and Victoria in the doorway. "Hey! There they are!" Mike exclaimed running through the crowd to the duo, who looked confused. "You guys are here!" He said to them with a huge grin. 

@Pr0m4NV14 @Victoria Sponge

"Mike you're here!" Summer was relieved that they had successfully found Mike. 
 Summer looked around and saw the rogue bandit trying to escape from the two guards that were restraining him. "Looks like we got here just in time. Whats going on?" Summer scanned the room which appeared to be a court room. 

"Did-did they think you were with them?" Summer asked confused. 

@Battenberg @SummerHaven

Mike looked down at his soot-covered cloak and body. “Yeah, I guess I kinda looked like one.” 

Mike glanced back at the Princess, who was at the front of the room, befuddled.”Is that the emperor? I’ve never heard of her before.”, before mumbling. “We need to get Jennifer back, too.”