Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why Weren't Discord, the changlings or the dragons used in the movie?

UltimateGhost3

Been asking this question every time I see the movie. Why wasn't Discord there to help in the movie, or even given a reason he couldn't? You cannot say it was because he wasn't there because he's clearly shown at the end party in the background so he is there. Not only that but why would you not go and get help from the 2 established kingdoms that would easily outnumber and probably outmatch the storm kings army? I mean honestly were lead to believe that they didn't even think about Thorax and the changelings, don't you remember what they could do? Wouldn't it be as simple as changing into an army of storm king reinforcements and freeing the ponies and taking the storm king and tempest out with mass numbers and skill? Also, you established in the movie that fire breath works on the pawns, so why not go to the one place where a literal kingdom of dragons that breathe fire?!?

I understand that the movie was conceptualized in 2014 after the 4th season, but you're telling me that in 3 years they never changed the script or had a single redraft during the span of seasons 5 and 6? I could maybe understand Thorax and ember not being created yet but that still doesn't excuse a probable team up with Queen Chrysalis, or with like Garble and like the red dragon from season 1 (his names Basil btw), since the storm king would be a common enemy to each faction, and you could still go on that epic quest to find the hippogriffs like in the original, and have it so maybe the other factions got ambushed and captured or something, at least acknowledge them.

Anyway, what are your thoughts? Why do you think they were left out? Was it a mistake, just a cut for time, or something completely different? 

Hasbro script writer: "Oh this is gonna be so good, people are gonna love this movie!"

Hasbro executive: "Alright, it's good, but make it longer, add more new characters for merchandise, and have a pop star appear in the movie somewhere to attract little kids".

Because the movie wasn't just for fans, and introducing a concept like Discord, the dragons, and the changelings would be confusing for newer viewers and would go against the core narrative of the movie (meeting new friends and enlisting their help)