Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Reasons you’ve left the forums for long periods

DubWolf

Have you ever decided to leave the forums for an indefinite amount of time without notice :wacko: ? This ranges from a few weeks up to several months or a year :wacko: ? Like did something significant happen or did you just lose interest in the show or being here :wacko: ?

Edited by WWolf
  • Brohoof 7

i had an account on here back in, i think, 2013 / 14. i left because i was pressured to by my friends who had also left (and also i was going through a Hardcore sjw phase where i thought bronys were terrible people, i think this was around the time molestia got taken down and i started following rhat dragondicks person? idk)

but yeah i'm uh, definitely out of that phase now lol and ftr bronies are pretty damn chill.

edit;; yeah joined in 2012 left in 2013. so a 5 year break 😬

Edited by peachy

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I took a break the forum for a few days due to feeling bored, does that count?

Ehh well sure :rarity: ? I guess I mean something more significant, like for me I used to be on Lego.com a lot, but I eventually lost interest and gradually faded away until indefinite absence.

• Brohoof 2

Honestly, I'm not quite sure.  I think my enthusiasm and self-esteem just waxes and wanes, and my activity supports that.

(Also I don't have much to contribute during hiatus because I've seen seasons 1-3, part of season 7, and bits from the other seasons.  That's mostly the extent of official pony I've seen.)

You knew I left for awhile, but I needed it.

My reason being I was just getting bored after awhile, most topics are just rehashed of ones I've already replied to. (Mostly because I'm just in GD/MD)

So I left for a couple months and started to get an interest back. I'll probably just keep taking periodic breaks till the interest is lost completely or something happens to the forums.

• Brohoof 2

I've taken breaks over the last three years due to family and health reasons. I also vanished for a period when I resigned from staff the second time. 

• Brohoof 1

I left for a long time, months, for various reasons. Mainly because of a hurricane and me having no ability to get online at all, but once I did I was simply too anxious to really do... anything. It's only recently I was able to stand up in my feet, and even then, every so often I can do nothing but trip and fall back down. I want to get online more often admittedly, a lot of people here seem to be nice and friendly. ^^

• Brohoof 3

I left for all of a week. I just felt burnt out and nothing new was going on. So I took a break.

Kinda sorta feel that way from time to time, but can't exactly quit to do having obligations on these forums. 

• Brohoof 2

I've left the forums for extended periods numerous times, for various reasons,  mostly on my old account I made in June of 2013.  Most of the time it was because:

• Just didn't feel it 
  • Dad didn't pay the internet bill
  • Pre-occupied with Paladins or League of Legends

Well... I was gone for the better part of a week last November due to a family emergency. But apart from that, I'm usually not gone for more than a day. I try to post something on a daily basis. And if I ever had to leave for an indefinite period of time, I would try to post a status update about it so nobody would think I'm dead or comatose. -_-

• Brohoof 2

I took a break for a long while because I was really busy with life and stuff, and I honestly just didn't have the time to be on the forums.

I was just so busy that I didn't have enough time for it, since I had to do a lot of other things.

All I literally do is leave the forum open and never use it unless I feel like it. Waste of laptop performance space I know, but my mind works in mysterious ways. One day it's interested. The rest, it's not. Mind you, I used to be a lot more active until an incident occurred that I will not speak of. Since then interaction with me has all but died, as has my interaction with the forums.

Edited by Wardaddy

I left for a few months in Fall 2016 after some of my friends from the MLPF staff revealed how they were treated behind the scenes. Returned in February 2017 after the house was cleaned.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 1