Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Reasons you’ve left the forums for long periods

DubWolf

The longest I've left the forums would be several days and I attribute it to not finding any topics that appeal to me or ones I usually contribute to haven't been updated in a while.

I've been gone since the end of June, I left after asking about buying an OC commission with steam games got me four adds from the forum who were bashing me for being a cheapskate not willing to pay for art. Apparently actual money on my steam wallet is fake, or something. May or may not stick around this time, if I get more of the same I doubt I'll be back.

I leave the forums for several months every year from Halloween till after Christmas. I go off to do volunteer work and an extra load of hours at my job. I usually try to leave some sort of notice ahead of time though. Aside from that I sometimes drop out for a couple weeks here and there because...busy. 

I left MLPF from Summer of 2015 - Winter of 2016 because my so called "friends" and I decided it would be best to leave and find a place where we wouldn't be breaking the code of content. It originally was going to be temporary until things passed on, though we never came back. No doubt those days where we caused such a stir in the General Chat Thread were some of my most regrettable days on the internet. I made a huge idiot of myself, and still makes me cringe to this day. Sometimes I wish I could just go back in time, and tell myself not to talk with those people. Maybe then I'd have better memories here on MLPF, rather than feel like an outsider on both sites.

As for the other site, I never want to return.

A major reason I don't post more is because I'm a perfectionist; if a post isn't just right, I feel uncomfortable submitting it. :blink:

Same reason I hate texting. I take so much time making sure that I don't make any grammar mistakes that it renders the immediacy of texting pointless. 

Depression and other health concerns keep me from the forum sometimes, too.

Edited by Kings&Hooves14
  • Brohoof 1

Sad thing is... despite the decline in fansites, con attendance, and interest of many in general, I'm still pretty hardcore into the show and fandom nearly seven years going, and at conventions (favorite thing to do) and whatnot, am super social and love talking with everyone. But crippling and extreme social anxiety anywhere else, having been off anxiety meds for a long time, fear of making an idiot of myself, the fear that anything I want to say has been said better by another, and legendary levels of procrastination has kept me off this awesome place to discuss things very important to me for years. I've only made a couple posts here in the last couple of years... and I'd like that to change. I'm in two dozen pony related Discord groups, even, but am too timid to post even there! Help fight my social anxiety by bombarding my inbox and reminding me to check in! Once I get into a habit of posting, I'm good, hah.

I left for a month for deeply personal reasons. I intended it to be permanent. But when I was cleaning out my email (I don't use my primary account here) I noticed a post to my wall and it broke the shit out of my heart.

Whether you all know it or not, you are loved here. Give others the benefit of the doubt and talk. Even though my reasons for leaving weren't because of the forum, I neglected relationships I had, and it was not wise for me to do. In fact, it was just damn foolish, especially considering I was trying to get my life in order.

Mirage doth makes mistakes.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I was off for quite a while, a couple of years I think. I was pretty depressed at the time an didn't really feel I was getting anything here. Mostly it was just bumming me out even more, that I missed something or didnt check it or whatnot. So I just stopped coming and forgot about it.

Oh boy where do I begin. Well, there were a lot reasons, school, family and lots of doubt being the main one. I started on here when I turned 14, I had just started high school, my grandmother had just passed away 7 months prior, and I was trying to hide the fact I was a brony. It was probably because I didn't want my new chance of establishing myself to be ruined by the fact that I liked to watch a show made for girls, and trying to figure out my sexuality (I was a transgender at the time). Really other than that It probably had to do with the fact that most of my friends talked to me on xbox, so I never really needed the forums, and the ones I had on here left almost as quickly as I had met them. That and the amount of drama that came to light when I was around, so I just left.

I've left the forums for a pretty long time like back in mid 2016 and early 2017. I was new with how to interact with people online for the first time and was more of an extrovert. Sadly, depression got the best of me and I've causes some drama here and there of how much of a sad sack I was. After that, I took a break from the forums for a couple of months or so and focus more on my life more like I should have and have some experiences on other stuff that might benefit my skills to do well in my future jobs.

Do I regret taking a hiatus? No.

Do I regret doing the things I've did in the forums? Yes.

There might be a time where I leave the forum entirely for other reasons (old or new), but I decided to take it easy and just use MLPF for posting stuff and maybe discuss here and there. Also wishing people have a good day.

• Brohoof 1

My interest in the forums comes and goes, so sometimes I just lose interest completely and take breaks, although my most recent break was because I lost internet access for several months due to a hurricane. I hope I can stay active this time around.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've disappeared for months at a time on several occasions, these absences have always been down to a lack of time due to a mixture of real life stuff and spliting my online time between visiting different sites.

Edited by Rainbow Cloud

There are often loads of ways for that but most often it's schoolwork that keeps me busy. Sometimes being here in general feels really odd and I feel like I need to take a break. Maybe it has something to do with that I'm not very good socially.

I'm not gonna lie.Sometimes I've gotten salty towards other members who I have felt have forgotten me or left me out of things.:sunny:

Which makes me feel really,really bad about myself.But I always get serious and just forget about it and end up coming back.

Edited by Messy Mane