Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

news ToonKriticY2K and accusations of sexual misconduct

maverickBNA

As this concerns the fandom it has been moved to Sugarcube Corner.

Also; be mindful of what you post. It's pretty much gospel truth regarding what he has done and what he has admitted to, but the rules about conduct and NSFW material (like screenshots of the Skype chats) still apply.

Thank you.

• Brohoof 7

Well

I can just say the fact that he wasn't at BABSCon in 2016 when I brought my kids just helped me fight back some creep shivers. 

• Brohoof 8

2 hours ago, Windy Whistles said:

He's not accused anymore, he out right admitted to doing these things

Lock the fucker up for a long time

This. ToonKritic's a complete, manipulative creep.

• Brohoof 8

Very unfortunate situation. I'd like to clarify he is not a pedo though, he's a Hebephile. I never was really drawn to the guy, and after he started getting on FNGR's bad side, I felt like I had made the correct choice in not giving him my viewership. The way he addressed the issue was really bad too, and even if you can somehow look past the girl's age, he was still cheating on her. I dunno man, this guy has some serious issues that needs to be worked out, but I'm just glad he's gone.

• Brohoof 7

35 minutes ago, Dark Rider said:

Very unfortunate situation. I'd like to clarify he is not a pedo though, he's a Hebephile.

Depends on the source you use to define it, whether as a condition or legally. Both the ICD and DSM define prepubescent ages differently and DSM is definitely more implicit while the ICD categorizes hebephilia under pedophilia, and from a strictly legal standpoint it varies. 

Basically, it's still an open debate, though Blanchard did gain some traction. 

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, I thought Toon would never do that, but once I saw the evidence and the video call with joshscorcher, I couldn't believe he would do such a thing.

Now Toon leaves me nothing but pissed off.

The police and FBI need to get involved here.

• Brohoof 4

Okay, just caught up with a few videos, so I am not holding back. Yes, I hope he is brought up on formal charges, his approach and the conversations make me want to fucking vomit. 

• Brohoof 9

I'll admit, i'm not familiar with ToonKritic's content and up until this point i had mostly forgotten about him, but looking at this now i feel glad that i'm not a fan of his. Finding this out disgusts me deeply as both as a member of the fandom and as a human being, and i can only imagine what his fans and those close to him are feeling right now. 

Toon's gonna do his time now, there's no way around it: we're never seeing him again, and honestly? Good riddance, the last thing we need is someone like him being around us, or around anybody else as a matter of fact.

• Brohoof 7

Yeah I had never heard of him until I started branching out to less well known Brony analysts, including AnY and Goldenfox, and I am too glad that I never got into his content. I will be sure to avoid it from here on in. I'm glad that he'll serve time.

I don't know if I want to closely track the judicial process re: him...

• Brohoof 3

What he did was terrible. I hope the girl in question as well as his other victims are okay. This hasn’t been mentioned here yet, but it’s to my understanding that his now former friends contacted the authorities, cut ties with him, and won’t be using him in future projects. Good on them. Though I can’t imagine this has been easy on them (especially after watching a few videos on the matter), so I extend my sympathies to them. Hopefully, he gets what he deserves.

Edited by PinkiePie97
  • Brohoof 10

You know? Coming out as a pedophile is disgusting and unacceptable enough but what makes it even worse is that while he was talking to all these younger girls, he was in several safe, legal relationships with other people. So instead of going that route, he actually chose to also start all these toxic relationships with underaged girls. All he did was manipulate everyone and think he could get away with it because of his fame. What a disgusting human being. 

• Brohoof 11

Never seen his contents, and I found out about him was via EQD a few days ago. Such behavior is unacceptable, and has to face consequences.

Now that we are into this subject of explicit activities with minors, reminded me of an old case (before I joined the fandom even) which I've found out in a video rather recently. The case of MaxVeers. It came to my attention because as far as I know, he kept going to conventions and he didn't faced any consequences :huh: 

• Brohoof 2

Honestly, most of the Brony Analysis people I never really cared about, because when they come across something that makes them mad, they act like the whole thing is ruined instead of focusing on the good things that can be found in an otherwise bad episode.

In my experience,  Dr. Wolf is the only good exception to the rule. He acts disappointed at worst.

• Brohoof 5

I watched the entirety of his talk with Josh and the others and the part that makes it clear that he feels no remorse and that he was never going to turn himself in. Why do I think that? Very simple: not once in the entire 35 minutes does he ever mention the victim. He never brings her up. He never says he feels bad for what he did to her, or that he felt guilty for manipulating her or that he hoped she was okay. It was all "me, me, me, me" which says to me he never had any intention of turning himself in. His plan was to eliminate as much of the evidence as he could, go radio silent and hope he could escape his fate.

Too bad for him that the internet never forgets.

Some wise words from the good doctor. Maybe not everyone will agree, but he words do hold a ring of truth. Not necessarily forgiveness of Toon himself, but of something else...

• Brohoof 6

22 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

I watched the entirety of his talk with Josh and the others and the part that makes it clear that he feels no remorse and that he was never going to turn himself in. Why do I think that? Very simple: not once in the entire 35 minutes does he ever mention the victim. He never brings her up. He never says he feels bad for what he did to her, or that he felt guilty for manipulating her or that he hoped she was okay. It was all "me, me, me, me" which says to me he never had any intention of turning himself in. His plan was to eliminate as much of the evidence as he could, go radio silent and hope he could escape his fate.

Too bad for him that the internet never forgets.

And you know what? Your feelings regarding him never intending to turn himself in have been proven to be completely correct. Joshscorcher on Tumblr has confirmed that TK never actually did go to the police after the call. What a scumbag! 

Edited by Captain Clark
  • Brohoof 4

Honestly I'll say it:

I never took the critic and analysis community seriously. And it's kind of bittersweet to see shit keeps going down with it. Call me spiteful, but I kind of felt most of the "critic" types for this fandom are over the top and overanalyze things to try and seem "smart". Personal opinion obviously, but this definitely is a good reminder for all to never put other fans on a pedestal or make other fans famous.

When I first heard about it, I was just expecting Values Dissonance about different ages of consent.

But then I heard he was actually trying to groom her, book them a room in an area where she's definitely too young, etc. -- and that's just...

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 3