Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Answer The Love Question Above You!

Lucky Bolt

Well I don’t...have any in-laws as of yet but if I did..yeah it’d be kinda odd? Idk it would depend on my relationship with them. 

Same question? 

I'm not married, so they're technically not in-laws, but I really have a generally neutral opinion of them overall. I hate his Dad, so telling him that would be a bit disingenuous. My boyfriend's Dad is so mean to him and everyone else really and is such a f***ing narcissist. I don't really know his brother or sister well, and I like his mom, but I find it difficult to tell people in general I love them IRL. I hardly say it to him in real life let alone anyone else. 

Did you better yourself in any way for your SO? If so, how?

• Brohoof 1

That's a good question.

I did but it was more in spite of his wishes I think. He wanted me to be a stay-at-home mum and not have to worry about income but that is like... the opposite of who I am. 70-hour weeks, dinner at 6 every night and one day off? Yeah, that's more 'me'. I need to stay busy, stagnation kills me. Proving him I didn't have to live that way immensely improved my work habits and self-esteem.

For once, I'll ask the same question.

Edited by Sunset Rose

Well, I've changed a little. I've stayed up later at night to adapt to his sleeping habits, and I've also been attempting to get out of my shell more. Considering how intimate we've been, I'd say it's worked to a degree. But still not enough to actually talk to anyone in his family or anything. :sealed: Also, I've been learning that I really feel way too much guilt over absolutely nothing.

Same, because I'm lazy and just wanted to answer my own question?

Edited by Dustlicious

Wife is financially independent and prefers to pay half or at least pay our usual proportion, as our wages are different. So we will buy each other things and things for ourselves as and when. On the whole she doesn't want much and doesn't have any hobbies that cost much , where as my main hobby is a cash sink and I've certainly spent my money on that.

..So I guess, as per the Q, me ...but if she needed the money for something :)

Same?

I would say that it’s 50/50. I love buying gifts for my partner but I equally love buying myself stuff.

Could you forgive unfaithfulness (cheating)?

Well he could only be here for the week before but we still counted it as our 1 year anniversary. 

We went to a NASCAR race, and just did all the typical things we enjoy doing with one another. 

Same? 

We drove around Akureyri and dined at a  nice restaurant. I think we played some Unstable Unicorns as well :twi:

If you were given the option of moving over to your SO, would you do it (specifically looking at you distant relationships)? 

24 minutes ago, JonasDarkmane said:

I think we played some Unstable Unicorns as well :twi:

I love that game. I just bought it about a month ago, along with a couple of expansions.

Of course. If I had a SO that lived far away (or one at all, really), I'd love to move in with them. You can't send hugs or cuddle over the internet, and those are some of the best parts of a relationship.

Same?

“Yes” he says from right next to me ^_^ 

I love having him here and can’t wait until we can move in together c:

For those of you in long distance relationships, would you rather move to your partner or have them move to you? (or move together to somewhere else?)

Edited by SparklingCaps

Moving to me is not really much of an option, though we've entertained the idea that I may temporarily move in to his house whenever he can afford to pay rent to his parents for me living here and when he has his own car (of course, he knows my job situation and how there's literally no way I can actually get or keep a job at this point with our current financial situation). Then when he can then afford for us to move into a place of our own, we'll do that. Of course, in the latter pursuit, I'll hopefully be able to help with that. Though if I find a job I'll still be dependent on him or his parents to drive me there.

Same?

Edited by Dustlicious

Fortunately I am not in a long-distance relationship. But we were separated for some time. While we were separated, I moved to Estonia and to America, then back here and we've reconnected and are happily living together again.

Was there significant distance between where you lived and where your partner lived when you first met?

Edited by Sunset Rose