Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Island Of Doom

Scare Effect

Yeah, Gale was definitely glad that she hadn’t attempted to fly off the island. She probably would’ve only served to feed whatever lived in the seas. As for the island inhabitants, assuming that the cloaked figure was one of them, maybe they weren’t all bad. “So, we’ll have to be a bit careful. Good to know.” 

@Drago Ryder @Scare Effect

Mike picked some more of the strangely sweet bananas for himself and Magicka. He wasn’t sure what the diet of the dragoness was. “I think we should find shelter somewhere.” More said. Indeed, storm clouds were gathering to the east.

”I think out best bet would be to look for a cave or outcropping to hide under.” Mike said as the wind slightly picked up.

(edited)

Magicka agreed with Mike that they needed a shelter not just due to weather, looking around she spotted something that seemed out of place it was an statue and a very moss covered one. she felt something drawing her to it so she approached once closer she removed some of the moss which revealed a dragon that seemed a bit off to her, it didn't have a vicious look or a spouting flame like most dragon statues she seen instead it looked kind and motherly. the statue dragon was slender with two horns that barely were visible and down it's back looked like it was covered by plants.

Magicka looked at the others who were behind her, "it seems to be some kind of protector of the forest according to my experience with ruins and artifacts. And since there is a statue there might be a chance there will be ruins ahead."

Edited by Scare Effect
Edited some text

Mike continued onwards, pausing occasionally to check for followers. He noticed that there was a stone path on the ground beneath them, even though it was mostly overrun with plants. He admired the detail put into the statues, and hey they stayed intact even though they would have been rained on for years. The wind whistled louder as the storm cloud game closed. “There!” Mike shouted, gesturing to what looked to be a passage carved into the cliff face. “Would that work?” He questioned.

Edited by Pr0m4NV14

Gale glanced at the statue and studied it as if it were some ancient text. It was not like any type of dragon she had seen, but it still held some beauty to it. If the natives made it, then they were very skilled. The dragoness then glanced at what Mike had presented as a possible place to stay and gave a slight nod. "That could work. We should probably get moving, though." While she did want to explore more of the island, she would stay with the two ponies for now at least until they could establish a shelter.

Edited by Drago Ryder

Magicka nodded in agreement and led the way to the ruins as the group draw closer Magicka stopped to look at some hieroglyphs that seemed foreign to the scholar who could read most dead languages with ease but this language was like a mash of all the languages but still contain bits she could read. like HOME, TRESSPASSER, Death and two names Galu and Gadra. Noticing that the words trespasser and death are next to each other she uses her magic to form a wall in front of her two companions who were about to enter the ruins.

"Wait there are traps in there to stop intruders if we're gonna enter we need to be careful okay," Magicka told the two before removing her magic wall from the entrance and ran next to the dragoness and stallion.

Gale heard Magika’s warning and figured that it would make senese that the ruins might be trapped. Granted, the island probably didn’t really get any outsiders, so she was a bit skeptical about that. “Right, thanks for the warning.” With that, the dragoness continued forward, being careful about where she stepped.

Mike Slowly inched down the tunnel, using Jennifer to poke at every floor tile. After one compressed down,  Mike leapt backwards. Several bone stakes sprung from the wall in front of the group. Mike leapt back with an audible peep. “Great. How are we going to get past this mess?”

Edited by Pr0m4NV14

Magicka face hoofed and sighed at Mike's question surely there was a way to deactivate the trap somewhere, but before she could say as much the trap deactivated and on the other side was the reptile cloaked in leaves one of it's claws motioning for the trio to approach. As Magicka took a step towards the cloaked reptile she felt like she hit a wall, but there was none there and the others where already ahead of her.

Seeing this the creature looked at the trio and a kind feminine voice filled their heads. Your unicorn friend may not enter this temple for darkness follows her, the voice said to them as the cloaked lizard pointed a claw at Magicka who was already backing away but before she left she told the dragoness and stallion she will be above when they return.

@Scare Effect @Drago Ryder

Mike looked at the strange little creature, then suddenly heard an ear piercing voice in his head. He looked back. Magicka seemed unable to cross some sort of invisible boundary. “Magicka! Here, take Jennifer!” said mike, throwing Jennifer to Magicka before he chased after the small lizard creature.

Gale sighed as she shimply shook her head. Leaving someone behind didn’t seem ike the best idea, but at the very least she did have a weapon. “Be safe. The last thing we need is to be picked off one by one.” Having said that, the dragoness followed after Mike, wanting to make sure that he didn’t do anything rash.

Magicka holding Jennifer left the temple and was now out in the rain getting soaked using her horn she created a magic umbrella and sat down grabbing the old book from her bag to read more only to be distracted by the Tularay who was on the book. with a laugh she put the book away and started studying the tularay more closely, and completely unaware of the massive creature watching her.

The cloaked reptile led it's two followers deep into the temple stopping a few times to make sure they were still following. It eventually stopped in a massive room that had a sleeping serpent in the middle of the room. "be quiet outsiders, Sauripent is a sleep and I suggest we do not wake him," The reptile whispered before approaching a trap door opening it and motioned for the others to follow before leaping in.

Gale looked around the ruins as she and Mike followed the cloaked lizard and was somewhat interested in what it might hold. The dragoness then noticed the lizard move into a trap door and managed to make her way through, albeit only barely due to her size. "Did you find something?" It had taken her some time to notice Mike was lagging behind, and the last thing she wanted was leave someone else behind in an unknown location.

Mike noticed the dragoness near a trapdoor. Sprinting towards it, he tripped over a wire. ‘click.’ Suddenly, a large boulder was rolling down the hallway. Mike ran to the trapdoor and barley made it through.

Magicka looked behind her and was greeted by the cloaked lizard, Wow that was quick but where are Gale and Mike? the lizard also appeared different was it always that big.

The creature in the cloak of leaves stopped and looked at the two outsiders, "come now the great Gadra wants to meet you so hurry," It insisted lightly tugging on Gale's wing.

Gale simply sighed as Mike triggered another trap and nearly killed himself for the second time. "Please be more careful." Having said that, the dragoness turned her attention to the cloaked lizard when he began to pull on her wing and gave a simple nod. "Thank you. Hopefully we can find a way off this place, even if it does look nice."

@Drago Ryder

“Mike took a torch from the wall and used it to light the way down the hall. Along the way, several pictures depicting five people (Possibly kings, or something.) Were spread out. After some walking, there was a light he could see in the distance. “Hey, gale. You think we’re almost there?

Edited by Pr0m4NV14

(edited)

The larger cloaked reptile approached Magicka without a word then when it was towering directly in front of her it said, "Who are you and why do you approach my temple?" The leafy cloaked reptile asked removing it's mask to reveal a dragoness similar to the statue horns barely visible and with its cloak of leaves it was uncanny.

"I am Magicka and I was only looking for a way out of the storm, But your friend in the temple told me to leave and then led my companions in deeper," She said nearly freaking out.

"I have no friends in that temple," The Dragoness stated with concern.

"Then who is with the others?"

"We are almost there, just a little further," The cloaked creature said stopping in front of a door and with a little help it pushes it open revealing a massive dragon made of grass.

"What are you?" The dragon asks looking at the stallion who was holding a torch. "And What brings you here young one?" The great dragon asked the Gale

Edited by Scare Effect

GAle was about to answer Mike’s answer when she was cut off by the cloaked lizard. While she didn’t exactly mind, it was a bit odd how quickly he reacted. When she entered then next room, she was surprised to see another dragon, even he was made out of grass. “We... we got caught in a storm, and one that brought us to this island. My name is Gale, and the pony next to me is Mike.”

@Drago Ryder

Mike noticed that the dragon was made out of grass, and threw the torch behind him back into the tunnel.”Uh.. Howdy! I’ll be your barber today. Would you like a trim?” Mike chuckled at his joke. “Well, anyways, I’m Mike McGuffin, Equestiran adventurer! I’m an Earth Pony!” Mike looked up at the large dragon. Whispering to Gale, he said “I thought you guys slept on treasure hordes when you got that size.” 

(edited)

"whoa whoa whoa, Let me get this straight that temple is a Prison?" Magicka questioned the dragoness.

"Yes and it houses the most dangerous thing on this Island, Arachni the being of darkness,"  She answered

The large dragon looked at Mike with amusement, before returning his gaze to Gale who seemed to be the more level headed. "I am sorry to hear your plight little one but I cannot help since I am confined to this place by the wicked Arachni  who has defiled my beautiful Island with her darkness," He emphasized his point by showing a chain that was locked around his arms, legs, and neck.

"But there is a way for him to get free," The leaf cloaked lizard spoke honestly. "The touch of a dragon will free him so he can rid this island of the plague that is Arachni."

Edited by Scare Effect

Gale simply shrugged in response to Mike’s question. “It’s more of a matter of preference, in all honestly. For me, I tend to sleep wherever I want, so long as it’s warm.” Still, all of this seemed a bit odd to the dragoness. Surely she wasn’t the first dragon to come here since the one in front of her was imprisoned. If anything, that explained why the cloaked lizard seemed so eager for her to be here. 

After clearing here tbought, Gale walked forward and placed a paw on a segment of chain on the ground. “Is there anything you need me to do specifically?”

Edited by Drago Ryder

"No little one just the touch of a dragon is all it needs," The leafy dragon said as the chains fell away with a clang as they landed on the stone floor around the smaller trio. once the chains fell the large dragon stretched. "Thank you little one, pony, and most of all you my dear friend temptra you led them here," The dragon thanked as the leaves began to fall away and revealed something black and smooth underneath.

"Of course Master Arachni," The cloaked reptile said with a bow it's own leafy cloak falling away revealing a slender mammal like creature with reptile like features.

Gale’s eyes widened as the true identity of the dragon was revealed, and felt a pit form in her stomach. The dragoness knew from the fact that the lizard hadn’t revealed the truth that she had screwed up to some degree. “You lied to me.” Well, more like to her and Mike, but she was the one that had st him free.