Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler How to remake Fallout: Equestria with all canon to date

Queen Cassie

• 3 months later...

When I think of Fallout Equestria, I think of it as expanding upon the show as Lauren Faust saw it. Twilight and her friends are just small parts of a world much bigger than them. If Faust was still in charge, Twilight would have never become an alicorn. The whole point of the mane 6 was to have ordinary characters exploring a world far bigger in scope. FoE still keeps the feel of those early seasons, where the culture and world as a huge undiscovered place. Ironically, it did predict correctly that the mane 6 would become world leaders.

The diveregence between FoE and canon Equestria is the redemption of Discord in my view. The redemption of Discord represents a change in view for the show, where friendship could now be extended to those condemned as villains. Essentially, ponies weren't quite so "righteous" anymore. In FoE on the other hand, the attitude of ponies is that their culture of friendship is superior to the alien Zebra culture. There is no reaching out or thoughts of redemption. 

The FoE Equestria may have gone to war over coal, but there was already a cultural corruption (Pony exceptionalism in a sense). They were so used to the idea of "defeating villains", that the zebras were just another villain to thwart. It's similar to how in the Cold War era many americans viewed the communists as evil. The US was self righteous (American exceptionalism) and unwilling to reach out to others.

Beyond the superficial changes of alicorn Twilight, the castle of friendship and new characters, the cultural elements aren't there to have a mass scale war. This is similar to globalization in our own world. Although our media might have a little cold war mentality, it isn't uncommon at all to see russians, chinese and other former enemies of the US living and accepting american culture. 

THAT BEING SAID: If I were to attempt a rewrite of FoE with modern canon, I would have the war take place after the mane 6 have passed away (it's been stated that Twilight won't outlive her friends). Maybe their children might be essential to the story somehow, trying but failing to follow in their parents' footsteps. Perhaps Equestria became too dependent on the mane 6 and their possi to solve problems and once they passed away something happened that provoked a war. Regardless, I like FoE for what it is: a deeper exploration into the themes of the show and another direction for Equestria to go in.

(edited)
On 2/6/2018 at 11:47 PM, sweetolebob18 said:

I've read that there are more FOE stories than any other subgenre except Clop & EQ Girls. IMO, You'll NEVER be able to do it all. The only thing that I can see to do is start from scratch Fallout Eguestria Ver. 2.0  

This is how I see FoE 2.0 replace Zebras with a Sombra war and escalate the conflict until the final boom. We would have something similar to the final timeline that Twilight visited.

We saw an actual proof (as if their kingdoms exist) of dragons, griffins, and some others yaks, changelinngs, hippogriffs.

Some uncomfirned kingdoms, cat people, fish people, saddle arabia, zebra land (not even the creator care enough to write an episode about them), centaurs.

That story plot of Zebras fearing Princess Luna as Nightmare Moon needs to go to trash, this was being the most dumbest parts of the story, I can't even take it seriously. The evil aliens subplot can stay.

Edited by R.D.Dash

On 2/7/2018 at 2:47 AM, sweetolebob18 said:

I've read that there are more FOE stories than any other subgenre except Clop & EQ Girls. IMO, You'll NEVER be able to do it all. The only thing that I can see to do is start from scratch Fallout Eguestria Ver. 2.0  

There's actually a FOE Girls tho :dash:. It has nothing to do with the original fic, starting that a mere 7 years or so passed after the nukies made their party, so the canon characters are the protagonists 

11 minutes ago, heavens-champion said:

Like I said. Have the Mane 6 NOT be corrupt politicians who played a role in the destruction of Equestria.

Where's the fun in that :sneer:

I'm in the boat of don't update it, but maybe external conflicts and the nuclear winter could have just wiped out most of the other species. I mean a single megaspell could probably wipe out the entire population of Mount Aris and the subsequent radiation could turn the sea ponies into super aggressive sea monsters. I don't know, I should really go back and finish the story. First time I read halfway and had to put it down because it was actually getting in the way of life, and then the second time I got up to the very last chapter I think and I didn't want the story to end so I stopped reading it so it never could :lol: And I haven't even touched Project Horizons yet. I was kind of waiting for a Source Film Maker animation of it but I don't know if that's still being worked on at all.

(edited)

and the subsequent radiation could turn the sea ponies into super aggressive sea monsters

You want a sea monster? You will get a sea monster marelukes could be as well mutated sea ponies.

Edited by R.D.Dash

I don't think it's necessarily crucial that Fallout: Equestria be rewritten to tie it in with modern canon; I'm sure if people put their minds to it they'd be able to find a way to invoke the Butterfly Effect and have it that in this timeline, Discord was never freed or redeemed, and as a result certain events happened differently...perhaps Queen Chrysalis' defeat at Canterlot in this timeline led to her being captured and imprisoned, so the Changelings faded as a threat, perhaps Discord's seed planted by the Tree of Harmony faltered or was destroyed in some other way, and with the war developing, Twilight never became a Princess...

On another note, given the revelations of Season 7, I actually think there's a really interesting story in the F:E Universe that somebody should try their hand at writing...the Pillars of Old Equestria! By all accounts, they're still trapped in Limbo with Stygian...so what happens if someone or something (perhaps a burst of magical energy coinciding with one of the big moments in the original story) frees them from their prison? They'd find the world they knew and loved has been completely destroyed...but they're still the powerful heroes they were before, and they'd still have their trump card to play; the Tree of Harmony, which might be still clinging to life beneath the Everfree Forest. Could they use their powers to save Equestria? Would they be a new beacon of hope for the Wasteland, or would they simply make things worse?

• Brohoof 1

Unpopular opoin here but I think Fallout and MLP don't blend well at all. I found it more liek a Fallout fanficoitn with mlp taped on top

• 5 years later...
On 2018-02-04 at 3:08 PM, Velgarn said:

This guy get's it.

Fallout isn't an happy setting like MLP, and that's why it perfectly clashes since one is super firendly and happy while the other is rather depressing, but still his characters tries to do something good. When a character well known does something drastic or something happends to him it's more addictive.
If you use lolrandom OC character to do important stuff the story is less interesting and many people would be less interested into reading it.

By that reasoning, Nix wouldn't have become so popular (from Past Sins)

Or Snowdrop

Or Hell, Littlepip, Velvet, Calamity and the others

There's room for OCs.  That, in and of itself, doesn't automatically kill interest in the story

Edited by Soaring Symphony