Reecejackox

Tell us a truth about yourself?

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Rarity the Supreme said:

Same.

I’ve only actually played Gen 5 through Gen 7.

Literally every generation I HAVEN'T played! :laugh:

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ~Dusky~ said:

Well in that case I shouldn't have listed any generation after 4... :/ But I do based on what I've seen and heard.

Fair enough. I'm actually planning on purchasing Sun and Moon within the next few weeks, as I missed out on it when it released.

9 minutes ago, Rarity the Supreme said:

I am loving the anti-Gen 1 sentiment around here!:-D

I appreciate Gen 1 for what it did to innovate, but on nearly all fronts it’s aged horribly.

Generation 1 has indeed done a lot for the franchise, but time has not done it any service. I'd much rather play the GBA remakes any day of the week.

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Just now, Cash In said:

Fair enough. I'm actually planning on purchasing Sun and Moon within the next few weeks, as I missed out on it when it released.

I plan to get every Pokémon game I haven't played as soon as I can after I get a 2DS and a Switch when I get the money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ~Dusky~ said:

Literally every generation I HAVEN'T played! :laugh:

My first game was Black and White 2, which is still easily one of my personal favourite games of all time.

I’m guessing that your’s was Diamond and Pearl?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

1 minute ago, Rarity the Supreme said:

My first game was Black and White 2, which is still easily one of my personal favourite games of all time.

I’m guessing that your’s was Diamond and Pearl?

My first was actually Pokémon Red. Probably the first game I ever played. I got Diamond almost as soon as it came out, though and it was my life for 4 years or so :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ~Dusky~ said:

My first was actually Pokémon Red. Probably the first game I ever played. I got Diamond almost as soon as it came out, though and it was my life for 4 years or so :D 

Oh, how old were you?

I was eleven (I think) when I played my first Pokémon game BTW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

1 minute ago, Rarity the Supreme said:

Oh, how old were you?

I was 6. :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, ~Dusky~ said:

I plan to get every Pokémon game I haven't played as soon as I can after I get a 2DS and a Switch when I get the money. 

Well, I hope you get them soon. They're fantastic games.

  • Brohoof 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Just now, Cash In said:

Well, I hope you get them soon. They're fantastic games.

They sure are, especially Sun and Moon. 

I really want/need to get around to playing the Ultra versions.

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

3 minutes ago, Rarity the Supreme said:

They sure are, especially Sun and Moon. 

I really want/need to get around to playing the Ultra versions.

I would've bought Sun/Moon when they released, but I was too busy with Yoshi's Wooly World and Supet Mario Maker at that time. Not to mention that I barely had any money back then.

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Just now, Cash In said:

I would've bought Sun/Moon when they released, but I was too busy with Yoshi's Wooly World and Supet Mario Maker at that time. Not to mention that I barely had any money back then.

I never actually got around to playing Yoshi’s Woolly World.

Was it good? I hear that “professional” reviews undermarked it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

9 minutes ago, Cash In said:

Well, I hope you get them soon. They're fantastic games.

I've watched play-throughs of Sun and Moon as well as Black and White and they definitely seemed great to me. I can't wait until I can! :D Though Smash Ultimate and Super Mario Odyssey may be a little higher on my priority list :P 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whaaat, all this discussion about Pokemon is going under my nose? Well let me tell you my favourite gens as well from favourite to least favourite

  1. Gen 4
  2. Gen 6
  3. Gen 2
  4. Gen 3
  5. Gen 5
  6. Gen 1
  7. Anything that isn't Gen 7
  8. Gen 7
Edited by Odyssey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

23 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Whaaat, all this discussion about Pokemon is going under my nose? Well let me tell you my favourite gens as well from favourite to least favourite

  1. Gen 4
  2. Gen 6
  3. Gen 2
  4. Gen 3
  5. Gen 5
  6. Gen 1
  7. Anything that isn't Gen 7
  8. Gen 7

I can't agree with your low placement of Gen V, but I do very much agree with Gen VII being last. And not just because of LGP/E, but those most certainly did not help. At all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

I want to play Smash Ultimate, so bad. I want to play my new main, King K. Rool and my Smash 4 main, Yoshi :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Envy said:

I can't agree with your low placement of Gen V, but I do very much agree with Gen VII being last. And not just because of LGP/E, but those most certainly did not help. At all.

I do like Gen 5 as games, and I adore BW2's postgame content a lot and stuff like Hidden Grottos and Challenge Mode. But I didn't care much for the rest of it, and think that other gens did what Gen 5 has done better. That being said though, I did get 999:59 on Black, and I have a Gold Trainer Card on Black 2 (i'm on the path to getting the Black Trainer Card even).

But yeah, Gen 7 suuuuucks. SM was shaky as is, but LGPE didn't do it any favours either. It's the first Pokemon game I refuse to get

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

51 minutes ago, Rarity the Supreme said:

I never actually got around to playing Yoshi’s Woolly World.

Was it good? I hear that “professional” reviews undermarked it.

Well, I personally enjoyed it a lot, especially the multiplayer. It's quite beginner friendly, so it was pretty easy to jump into.

59 minutes ago, ~Dusky~ said:

I've watched play-throughs of Sun and Moon as well as Black and White and they definitely seemed great to me. I can't wait until I can! :D Though Smash Ultimate and Super Mario Odyssey may be a little higher on my priority list :P 

 

Super Mario Odyssey is a fantastic game. Easy, but very fun. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, is Super Smash Brothers, so I don't feel that my opinion is necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

10 minutes ago, Cash In said:

Super Mario Odyssey is a fantastic game. Easy, but very fun. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, is Super Smash Brothers, so I don't feel that my opinion is necessary.

I saw rabbidluigi's playthrough of it and I have to agree with that assessment. As for Smash, yeah. I just want to play K. Rool that bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It has been quite a while since I have paid any mind to Pokemon... but I suppose I could toss my opinion in, since the opportunity has presented itself. :darling:

I tend to to enjoy all of the Generations, but i most certainly have my preferences.

  1. Generation 5. Great story, a very good Pokedex (especially in B2W2), excellent music, and the multitude of Post-game features in B2W2 place 5 as my favorite Generation of Pokemon.
  2. Generation 2. As dated as they may be, I still enjoy these games quite a lot, due to their good selection of new Pokemon, the Kanto Post-game, great-as-ever soundtrack, and the multitude of new features..
  3. Generation 3. I tend to dislike the Generation 3 Pokemon designs... but everything else about this generation is superb. The soundtrack, the new mechanics, the pacing, and the Battle Frontier make Generation 3 an excellent era in Pokemon history. it is only a shame I dislike most of the Generation 3 Pokemon 9with the exception o my favorite Pokemon of all time, Milotic).
  4. Generation 4. This Generation is good, but not amazing. I actually like the new Pokemon this generation introduced (including the previous generation evolutions), and the soundtrack is quite good... but the multitude of HMs alone drag this generation down much farther than it had to, even if you excuse the pacing.
  5. Generation 6. This is the most thoroughly unremarkable generation, to be quite honest. It is not outright offensive in any way, but it doesn't elevate in the concept of Pokemon at all either. If you ask me, this generation is the most "obligatory." The Pokemon designs are absolutely phenomenal, however, which helps this generation quite a lot.
  6. Generation 1. I firmly believe Red an Blue are fun games to this day, but they are not aging like wine at all. The Pokemon designs are quiet good, but the dated mechanics, multitude of glitches, incredibly easy difficulty, small inventory space, and overall design simply do not hold up.
  7. Generation 7. It pains me to place this generation at the bottom, but there is simply no better place for it, in my opinion. I truly appreciate what they tried to do with Lillie's family and the Alola region as a whole... but the atrocious pacing completely diminishes any replay value. I also dislike this generation's Pokedex quite a bit; it has far too many Pokemon which rely on gimmicks... most of which are impractical at best, or an outright hindrance at worst. I also appreciate the idea of regional variants, but the fact that they are all Kanto Pokemon is a serious limit which simply does not need to exist.

I cannot in good conscious say I have ever hated a Pokemon game, but some are worth revisiting much more than others.

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Ok? Since when did this topic became all about Pokemon? Not that I’m complaining mind you, just asking out of curiousity. Ah whatever I might as well.

 

To tell you the truth. I’ve only played the Pokemon games from the GBA, FireRed/LeafGreen and Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. I have played through Pokemon Yellow which updates the first three Pokemon Games on the Gameboy (Red/Blue/Green) [2 actually since Green wasn’t released outside Japan]. I have yet to play through the Gen 2 games Gold/Silver/Crystal.

 

So if I were to describe myself here when it comes to Pokemon, I mostly played through Gen 1 and Gen 3. The other Gens... not so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

I for some reason have this inexplicable urge to play Pokemon again. :-P

Bonus truth: No matter what generation, I have to have a Ninetales in my main squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TIL @Rarity the Supreme is a latecomer (when it comes to Pokemon games, at least).

What is LGP?

I "only" played to BW. No 3DS, and the NDS doesn't work without power supply anymore either because I use it as sleeper for years now.

I actually never got the hate for BW, I really like the game. The gen IV remake HG SS was also very, very good. I kind-of hate Platin, I could never get into it despite 2 tries and also beating the game, but I didn't enjoy.

Similar is FR LG, albeit more disappointing regarding their remake status. I never liked that they striped it off already existing features like cell phone, berry collecting and day/night. Also, I feel it is mostly "just" a graphical update + some pokemon changes, but I really feel they missed the opportunity to update the game with new features. Esp. also how it was marketed, WHOA, 7 new island. Sounds great? The truth? 1 hour gameplay for these. Riiiiight. :yeahno:

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

4 hours ago, Bas said:

TIL @Rarity the Supreme is a latecomer (when it comes to Pokemon games, at least).

What is LGP?

I "only" played to BW. No 3DS, and the NDS doesn't work without power supply anymore either because I use it as sleeper for years now.

I actually never got the hate for BW, I really like the game. The gen IV remake HG SS was also very, very good. I kind-of hate Platin, I could never get into it despite 2 tries and also beating the game, but I didn't enjoy.

Similar is FR LG, albeit more disappointing regarding their remake status. I never liked that they striped it off already existing features like cell phone, berry collecting and day/night. Also, I feel it is mostly "just" a graphical update + some pokemon changes, but I really feel they missed the opportunity to update the game with new features. Esp. also how it was marketed, WHOA, 7 new island. Sounds great? The truth? 1 hour gameplay for these. Riiiiight. :yeahno:

I’ve never actually gotten around to playing the first Gen 5 games, but they do look pretty good.

I like G5 for it’s story, and the fact that the second games where more than a mere “final version”, but it’s definitely not my favourite generation. It just did very little to innovate compared to many of the other games, and a lot of the Pokémon designs were very hit or miss for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

I'll try again to change the subject this thread... 

 

I am a Weird Al fan... :P I recognize his parodies more than I do the original songs... XD There's a commercial where there's some dude singing "I want it that Way" and I couldn't help but start singing Weird Al's parody ("Ebay")... :D 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the old generations of mlp on dvds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Join the herd!

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.