Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler 2018 plans for the series, and next movie?

Unity

Hey, so I have not seen The My Little Pony Movie so I don't know of there will be a 2nd one yet. But I created this topic to talk about what will happen to MLP and MLP:EQG. So first off I was wondering if there has been any info on the next movie and when it will be released(EQG). 2nd of all when will the 8th season be coming out.

Sorry for cofusing wording.

Well Season 8 has only been confirmed for “spring”, but that’s a large window of time. And...

Spoiler

Yes another movie has been confirmed, though exactly what it’ll be about has not been confirmed. Friendship is Magic is planned to end after Season 9 and be replaced by Gen 5 around 2021 I believe. Don’t know about the fate of EQG, but with it being tied to Friendship is Magic, I don’t imagine it’ll last longer than the core show.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 2

I dunno, there have been mentions of a FIM movie sequel, but it's strongly suggested they discarded it in favor of the G5 movie prequel. It's implied EG will continue when G5 comes, but since it's tied with G4, I'll give it 2 years tops

• Brohoof 1

16 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Well Season 8 has only been confirmed for “spring”, but that’s a large window of time. And...

Hide contents

Yes another movie has been confirmed, though exactly what it’ll be about has not been confirmed. Friendship is Magic is planned to end after Season 9 and be replaced by Gen 5 around 2021 I believe. Don’t know about the fate of EQG, but with it being tied to Friendship is Magic, I don’t imagine it’ll last longer than the core show.

How long does a season of the show take to make. Also, will they be continuing the EQG TV series? And should I finish FIM before I start it?

Just now, donttellmum said:

How long does a season of the show take to make. Also, will they be continuing the EQG TV series? And should I finish FIM before I start it?

They will be continuing the EQG TV series when G5 comes out, but for how long, I'm not sure. I guess I would finish watching FIM before staring it, but honestly you can pretty much pick it up anytime and still be in-the-loop.  

• Brohoof 2

Just now, King of Canterlot said:

They will be continuing the EQG TV series when G5 comes out, but for how long, I'm not sure. I guess I would finish watching FIM before staring it, but honestly you can pretty much pick it up anytime and still be in-the-loop.  

When will G5 start

Season 9 will be the last season of MLP:FIM G4

Ok thanks, if you could give me a rough estimate on when Hasbro would completely stop on MLP, when do you think that would be?

Ok thanks, if you could give me a rough estimate on when Hasbro would completely stop on MLP, when do you think that would be?

Stop with MLP completely? As in after G5 and the franchise is dead? Well considering that the current generation has lasted about ten years, then I expect the next generation to last about another ten years........ but it's honestly hard to say beyond that, knowing Hasbro, they'll probably never end the franchise it makes too much money for them  

• Brohoof 2

5 minutes ago, King of Canterlot said:

Stop with MLP completely? As in after G5 and the franchise is dead? Well considering that the current generation has lasted about ten years, then I expect the next generation to last about another ten years........ but it's honestly hard to say beyond that, knowing Hasbro, they'll probably never end the franchise it makes too much money for them  

That' good to hear, but I'm pretty confused on generations still.

MLP FIM hasn't even been out for 10 years yet that's only G4?

That time doesn' seem right

That' good to hear, but I'm pretty confused on generations still.

MLP FIM hasn't even been out for 10 years yet that's only G4?

That time doesn' seem right

No I said the current generation, G4 has been around for nearly ten years, the MLP franchise itself has been around since the 1980's, between 2010 when generation 4 premiered (the current generation) and the franchise's creation in the 1980's it went through 3 other generations  

• Brohoof 2

No I said the current generation, G4 has been around for nearly ten years, the MLP franchise itself has been around since the 1980's, between 2010 when generation 4 premiered (the current generation) and the franchise's creation in the 1980's it went through 3 other generations  

Those were some quick Gens than huh?

Anyways, thanks for the help

8 hours ago, ShadOBabe said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Meghan has confirmed EQG will continue.

7 hours ago, donttellmum said:

How many seasons until then?

It currently stands that S9 will be the final season. 2 years is a big time lapse, so it may change, but I suggests to not get your hopes high

31 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:
  Hide contents

Meghan has confirmed EQG will continue.

Same generation  :huh:? It'd be interesting if they make a crossover with G5, and by extend, indirectly doing the same with G4 if that's the case. Still, I'll give EG 2 years tops before they change generation as well

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 1

On 2/1/2018 at 12:40 PM, donttellmum said:

So I was already told how change of generation works, but  I'm still confused.how do you just change a Generation again?

By creating a completely disconected universe with different rules and history.

Counter-example: MLP:FiM and Equestria Girls are NOT "different generations" (technically speaking, each one is a diferent franchise; it is just coincidental that the first 3 EQG movies are also a CROSSOVERS with MLP:FiM).  

It is common on MLP to "recycle" names and color schemes of characters into the new generation [nothing from the "original" one carries over]; because HASBRO is a toy company that keeps making some of the same toys even years after "the tv show" that promoted them finished.

For example, the G3!Scootaloo has G3!Cheerilee as her sister (both are sold well on Europe by colectors), but that did not influenced the current show at all. The "CMC" Scootaloo was not even on Cheerilee´s class at the school until after they met Applebloom [who is a G4 original character]; as there was no relationship between them other than their models and names being "required to be" in the current tv show so HASBRO would not lose their eclusive TRADEMARKS (like how it happened with other ponies like Surprise).

Edited by SilverComet
  • Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, SilverComet said:

By creating a completely disconected universe with different rules and history.

Counter-example: MLP:FiM and Equestria Girls are NOT "different generations" (technically speaking, each one is a diferent franchise; it is just coincidental that the first 3 EQG movies are also a CROSSOVERS with MLP:FiM).  

It is common on MLP to "recycle" names and color schemes of characters into the new generation [nothing from the "original" one carries over]; because HASBRO is a toy company that keeps making some of the same toys even years after "the tv show" that promoted them finished.

[For example, the G3!Scootaloo has G3!Cheerilee as her sister (both are sold well on Europe by colectors), but that did not influenced the current show at all [The "CMC" Scootaloo was not even on Cheerilee´s class until after they met Applebloom, who is a G4 original character].

And Sweetie and Rarity weren't related at all in G3 :dash:

• Brohoof 1