Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

request Help wanted for the MLPF World Cup

Jeric

Earlier in the month we launched a nearly year long tournament, the second of its kind on MLPF -- the 2018 MLPF World Cup. You can read about it here. The first few legs of the tournament are focused on setting up teams for the actual world cup, choosing team captains, and setting up a humorous and creative narratives in RP and Fanfic formats to explain how all these characters would wind up in a contest like this. At some point in the summer, the set-up phases will be complete, and the World Cup will commence. This is where you, amazing reader with some talents, come in. 

This is a community run event. Some have contributed to the project as they see fit, such as @KH7672 and @Batbrony and their hilarious comic and RP commentary. Others like @Frostgage will be contributing their talents to create iconography such as Team Jerseys. However, there are some other creative elements that the World Cup could use to truly make it the event that it could be. When the World Cup event kicks off this Summer, I am hoping that we will have the following in place:

Banners for MLPF 

Several banners to showcase the tournament, and perhaps some of the more intriguing match ups. 

Match header images

Most matches will be 24 hours in duration, and to kick off the match, I would like the post to feature some imagery invoking the teams involved prior to the text.  

Signatures 

As I mentioned, Frostgage has the jerseys covered, but some people may like to wear sigs instead. 32 signatures focused on each team would be ideal. 

Flags for each team

Similar to the sigs and jerseys, each team will need a flag. I have attached some examples from last World Cup

An editable group bracket (see attached image on what was used four years ago) 

The last tournament had a PSD file made that allowed quick editing of teams as they progressed through the competition. I have also included the ones used last time to give you an idea. 

Video editing assistance

This is where I really have no idea what I am doing, and is the most time consuming element. The World Cup needs a kick-off video showcasing each of the teams, a few quotes, some shots from the show. Each team will have also have an anthem and it would be awesome to have something small that could be put together for them. There is also a closing ceremonies video that captures some member highlights from the tournament. Again I included some examples of what we had previously to give you some idea. 

Live hosting

The PC that I have that can do live hosting is used exclusively for my business, so tax and accounting depreciation rules and all prevent me from using it to stream. If you can host a stream on Equestria.TV for the prize giveaways, special event reveals, please let me know.  

RP'ers 

As this started, I have hinted at a more narrative element to this tournament than last World Cup. I have laid a foundation of that story and as the tournament continues, that will start to come more frequently and the story will start to pull together. What I need to make this amazing are individuals who would like to jump in and whiff some RP based elements before, during, and after a match. :)

Other Stuff

Basically, this is the part where I admit that someone may have some great ideas on how to support this that I haven't considered. I'm open to suggestions on how to use your talents to make this more fun. Cause ... fun. 

To give you a general idea of what we are looking for, here are some examples of what the community did to help out last year. @Batbrony @Frostgage, @Stellafera, Flipturn, @Shift and others were instrumental four years ago. 

Example of the last World Cup Bracket Poster for the Top 32 

Spoiler

Bracket.thumb.png.8960826f6f5e3c45fe798547b2868bb0.png

Example of Flags used last World Cup

Spoiler

hHfvySO.png rjqvMWk.png VXvzxWh.png uWkaDyu.png aLqZ8Yk.png WRbFp72.png 0mxHmA8.png 5IgMIS6.png aNoUPIX.png ijp89lI.png

Example of Jerseys from last year created by @Frostgage (He has this covered this year but I think its cool enough to post then to give you an idea on general design :P ). 

Spoiler

blogentry-25639-0-02850700-1402615717.pngblogentry-25639-0-08180800-1402863769.pngblogentry-25639-0-69394100-1402612499.pngblogentry-25639-0-68494000-1402775478.png

Example of MLPF Banner used to kick-off the last World Cup

Spoiler

WC banner.png

Example of Music and Video used for last World Cup

Spoiler

Again, the teams and their respective captains will not be set for some time, so this is still a bit early, but some concepts and ideas can be fleshed out early. Also, live streaming help could be something I can use right away. Anyway, if any of you can pitch in ... definitely drop me a PM. Any questions, post them here. Thanks for reading and thanks for considering to help out with making this a phenomenal event. 

@Jeric

I might be able to do header images and flags. If there's some pony out there with the artistic skill who can do it better, great. Step on up. But if no pony else applies, I'll be available to scratch up something. 

Also I'm open for the RP portion of things. 

• This topic was featured and pinned
  • 3 months later...
  • The topic was unpinned