Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Teacup Reaction

ChB

It seems that the Teacup Reaction has no inherent meaning in this forum. Thus, it seems that it can mean anything the user wants it to mean.

To those who give the Teacup Reaction to some posts, what does the teacup reaction mean to you? What kind of posts do you give them to?

full.png

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

I see the Teacup, as "I agree with you, old chaps *sips tea*" 

For me, it generally has the same meaning. A brohoof is a mere like, whereas a teacup means I completely agree.

• Brohoof 1

Teacup means "I like what you had to say, so let's clink our teacups together" When I use the teacup, I imagine that I'm clanking my teacup with the user because of a really good post they made, a brohoof seems more like a high-five, while a teacup is much more formal and seems more appropriate to a much more thought-provoking post 

Edited by King of Canterlot
  • Brohoof 2

I don't know what you're talking about, it definitely has meaning.
As far as I'm aware it's suppose to have no meaning.

It's just a way to boop someone via reactions, whereas brohoofs technically have an approving connotation to them

:3

• Brohoof 3

Yeah, I use it for when I want to react to someone's post but I don't know what other reaction to use. :P 

13 hours ago, WWolf said:

Indeed it is :wacko: . Not sure where from.

"I'm Gatsby." :proud: 

Edited by SparklingSwirls
  • Brohoof 3

9 hours ago, The_Gobo said:

It's just a way to boop someone via reactions, whereas brohoofs technically have an approving connotation to them

Then shouldn't there be a boop button, then? :confused: I would definitely like that. :)

• Brohoof 3

5 hours ago, Prospekt said:

Then shouldn't there be a boop button, then? :confused: I would definitely like that. :)

But there ISN'T one...

So we use teacup in it's place o3o

• Brohoof 3

I think it's a 'cheers' reaction, to be used when you agree with someone. Instead of just liking the post, you are showing your agreement. That's how I use it least.

Edited by Rhythm Red
  • Brohoof 1

On 2/1/2018 at 10:41 PM, King of Canterlot said:

Teacup means "I like what you had to say, so let's clink our teacups together" When I use the teacup, I imagine that I'm clanking my teacup with the user because of a really good post they made, a brohoof seems more like a high-five, while a teacup is much more formal and seems more appropriate to a much more thought-provoking post 

That’s about how I feel about the reaction as well.

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn’t mind it so much if it actually counted to your like total. But it doesn’t. So that makes it even more useless. 

It is just kind of annoying to get a notification from a user only to check and find out that it’s a teacup. Which I don’t really know how to feel about. The fact that nobody can really agree on what it means kinda proves my point. :P 

Edited by Captain Clark
  • Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, Captain Clark said:

I wouldn’t mind it so much if it actually counted to your like total. But it doesn’t. So that makes it even more useless. 

Agreed. 

I also wish that there was a way to tell people what kind of "reaction" they recieved when they get a notification.

• Brohoof 6