Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Whats happened while I was gone?

Chales

Hi everyone, hope everyone has been having a great year. I haven't been in the fandom for almost 4 years and just recently the show came back into my mind when I noticed a my little pony the movie toy at Walmart. I remember before I left that the Fight is Magic game was still being worked on and Alex S. was still making pony music. I'm not looking to get back into ponies, was just wondering if anything major had happened in the fandom. I left probably just after season 4. This fandom was a major part of my life back then, just wondering how things have been.

• Brohoof 3

IT'S GOOD COMRADE, WE HAD A MASSIVE COMMUNIST UPRISING IN THE FANDOM AND THE UNION OF SOVIET EQUESTRIA WAS FOUNDED, CURRENTLY WE CONTROL ALL THE MAJOR BRONY NEWS SITES AND ARE WAGING WAR WITH THE CAPITALIST STRONGHOLD IN WEST-COAST BRONY CONS. WE PLAN TO CONSOLIDATE ALL THE CONVENTIONS ONCE WE CONTROL THEM ALL AND HOLD AN ANNUAL SOVIET BRONY CONVENTION IN MOSCOW. YOU ARE WELCOME TO JOIN OUR RANKS COMRADE AND FIGHT FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!!!

Image result for soviet mlp

Just kidding! :lol:

• Brohoof 2

I havn't touched the fandom or even seen a single episode since I stopped being a brony so as I was reading your post I was thinking are you serious did we really go full commie lol

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Nightfall Gloam said:

Welcome back, Chales, I hope you enjoy your stay here!

A lot has happened while you were gone... A lot...

How are you?

A lot really did happen over the course of the last 3 to 4 years, with both the show and the fandom, both positive and negative. Just recently, we had an... Incident among a famous brony that I will not discuss in this particular thread. Anyways glad to have you back even if it's just to check out what had been going on. 

Just now, Chales said:

There are famous bronys now? That's kinda cool that the fandom has notable people. Did someone die or something?

Well, no. But I think it's every bit as serious and sad.

• Brohoof 1

The fighting is magic game was C&D'd by Hasbro, so the creators scrapped it and made a new game that features some ponies (not the mane 6) and some other four-legged creatures. 

Alex S is long gone but others like princewhateverer and 4everfreebrony do too.

The fandom doesn't have the "trendy" aspect it used to have, but it's still going strong. Season 8 premieres next month, with Generation 5 expected in 2020.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, King of Canterlot said:

IT'S GOOD COMRADE, WE HAD A MASSIVE COMMUNIST UPRISING IN THE FANDOM AND THE UNION OF SOVIET EQUESTRIA WAS FOUNDED, CURRENTLY WE CONTROL ALL THE MAJOR BRONY NEWS SITES AND ARE WAGING WAR WITH THE CAPITALIST STRONGHOLD IN WEST-COAST BRONY CONS. WE PLAN TO CONSOLIDATE ALL THE CONVENTIONS ONCE WE CONTROL THEM ALL AND HOLD AN ANNUAL SOVIET BRONY CONVENTION IN MOSCOW. YOU ARE WELCOME TO JOIN OUR RANKS COMRADE AND FIGHT FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!!!

Image result for soviet mlp

Just kidding! :lol:

Dangit. I was getting excited... :(

16 hours ago, Chales said:

Hi everyone, hope everyone has been having a great year. I haven't been in the fandom for almost 4 years and just recently the show came back into my mind when I noticed a my little pony the movie toy at Walmart. I remember before I left that the Fight is Magic game was still being worked on and Alex S. was still making pony music. I'm not looking to get back into ponies, was just wondering if anything major had happened in the fandom. I left probably just after season 4. This fandom was a major part of my life back then, just wondering how things have been.

Well, there's been a massive expectation with the pony movie, as expected, but saddened it didn't leave a big impact.

There's a new main character that was both a season premiere and finale villain. Most changelings reformed and transformed. Starswirl appeared, and we are at the fallout of a big ass leak that include small things like FIM ending by 2020, and the coming of G5. You know, the usual :dash:

Edit: forgot to mention the cuties have their butt tats,  Twilight is finally an aunt, and no Mane6 parent is a mystery 

Edited by Steve Piranha

Wow seems like a lot has changed, sucks Fighting is Magic got C&D but I guessed it was gonna happen eventually. Wonder how G5 is gonna handle things, wither their gonna go back to a more traditional focus or if their gonna try to make things more accessible to a wider audience 

Just now, Veil said:

Idk, I feel like everything is going downhill a lot. I'm about through with mlp. I've cut off a lot of mlp related communities already.

When I left the fandom, I thought things were going downhill too; Equestrian Girls had came out which most of us thought was over girlling the brand, Twlight was turned into a princess, an over pandering to the bronies (Dr. Whooves and Rose were seen walking together in full frame). But the show did keep going, and from what I've seen it hasn't really lost its charm. I know most of my friends who were bronies left mainly because of what the fandom had become, yet they still love the show

I guess I still like the show too. I've never let one bad episode break my enjoyment of the entire show. It's kind of minor but with G4 possibly coming to an end I just feel like when it ends I'm just gonna go down with the ship most likely. However, there are several other issues I have with the overall community that make me feel like I should just accept that it's all done for me and I should just move on now.

23 hours ago, Chales said:

When I left the fandom, I thought things were going downhill too; Equestrian Girls had came out which most of us thought was over girlling the brand, Twlight was turned into a princess, an over pandering to the bronies (Dr. Whooves and Rose were seen walking together in full frame). But the show did keep going, and from what I've seen it hasn't really lost its charm. I know most of my friends who were bronies left mainly because of what the fandom had become, yet they still love the show

Well, the 100th episode might as well be called "Fandom pandery, the episode" :D . Still, you'd be surprised the background fandom pandering died down big time after that, as no one cares about new background ponies anymore. At most, a line or two from Lyra and Bon Bon, and Twilight's old friends from the pilot, including the mentioned only (at the time) Moondancer.

Still, I advice you watch A Perfect Pear. One of the top episodes of the whole series, plus showing best Mane6 parents: the Apples'