Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private 2 Monsters and a Friendship 1x1

Maple Bat

@Pvt. Cerberus

OOC: 

It was a dark and damp evening in everfree. Woodland Orchestra, The draconequus son of Discord and Fluttershy, felt quite at home here despite the danger. He found a hurt rabbit and started to sing a magical healing melody to it, It was patched up, He looked at the scar the wound had left, " Hmm... Timberwolves have been awfully riled up... They left a prey here alive. Not that I mind but... I wonder where the pack of them went... Oh well, none of my business." Woody pulled out his songbook and made some adjustments to his healing song in the book since He wanted to heal scars too but wasn't there yet.

Edited by Maple Bat
Link
  • Brohoof 1

Not far from Woody, a creature was moving quickly but quietly, it was heading straight towards Woody, curious about the sound of singing coming from his direction. The creature slowed down when it picked up Woody's scent, sneaking closer to have look, still staying in the shadows. But it wasn't invisible, if Woody was to look to its direction, he would be able to see two pairs of eyes staring at him in the darkness. 

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus

Woody started to feel uneasy. He looked around but his eyes didn't meet those of his watcher. "H-hello?..." Woody backed himself against a tree "Who's out there? I'm not gonna hurt you... S-So... P-Please don't hurt me ok?" Woody kept glancing around, but yet he was overlooking the true pair of eyes watching him, they were now lying right in front of him. He quickly sang a melody and his songbook appeared in his paws he held it defensively.

The creature patiently followed Woody with its glance, this thing was no threat, no, he wasn't even worth to be eaten, but his melodies interested it. 

The creature revealed itself, it was big, two-headed feline, and its heads looked at Woody curiously, but with certain level of hostileness expected from predatory animals. 

The overwhelming feeling of fear had lessened from woody and he brushed himself off but he didn't move much to do that, what he did do was try to offer it his paw it was shaking but he still did "Hey there big guy. I'm not going to hurt you... Do you uhh... Want to hear me sing?" Woody stared up a song, it was slow and quiet compared to his normal songs, which was the kind of melody that would allow him to put up a barrier around himself. It was a spell he typically used when scared.

The creature examined from rather close, smelling and looking him through, it was never seen this type of creature before, he looked like a mixture of creatures. When Woody spoke, the creature tilted its heads a little, like waiting for something,  it seemed that it somehow understood perfectly what Woody said. 

When Woody started singing, there at first was no reaction and the creature just stared at Woody with it's hostile eyes, but soon one of the heads started visibly listening the singing, while another was still keeping eye on Woody. . 

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus

Woody got a bit braver when he saw it listening and not moving away or towards him. He actually chuckled at the creature "Aww... You're just a big softy aren't you. Don't worry I've got more music where that came from." Woody started to sing a beautiful melody, It caused flowers to sprout around him, the kind that bloom at the peak of spring they glew softly with vibrant colors as Woody continued his singing.

The creature looked very offended from being called a 'big softy', but it kept its calm, it was getting more apparent that this cat-creature was smarter than the usual Everfree creatures. 

When the flowers started sprouting around Woody, the creature backed up a little, it might be smart, but it didn't understand magic, thus flowers like that just appearing from the ground made it wary and slightly confused. 

But nevertheless, it kept listening Woody's singing with one of its heads. 

Slowly as he continued, Woody was happier and happier with the singing, it was becoming more flamboyant and extravagant. He had stopped using magic it seemed and was just singing his heart out for the creature in front of him  It's nice to have such an interested audience, I'm glad this thing's enjoying. He thought to himself continuing the elegant and slow paced song.

The creature started seemingly to calm down, it didn't look that hostile anymore, but it did make sure that the flowers were safe before coming little closer to Woody again. 

Now the another head too had started listening Woody's singing, was it enjoying it? Or was the singing just captivating? 

Woody noticed it start to calm down and he started to slowly approach the creature. The melody wasn't changing too much from what it was but Woody was trying to find out what he was looking at here... He'd never seen a creature like this. He was interested in learning about it. He'd write about what he learned later for sure, He tried to examine it from a distance, but in most of everfree, it was too dark... Woody wondered what he could do about that. For now... He was just going to try to get close without getting his head bit off.

When Woody started approaching it, the creature locked its eyes on him, but didn't seem hostile, just cautious, it took few steps back, but soon stopped letting Woody to get close. There wasn't anything too special about the creature physically, it was what one would expect from a big cat, but something about its acting was different than one would expect, it didn't act like wild, instinct driven predator, rather, it acted like it was thinking.

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus

Woody still had no idea what the creature.. and the fact that it seemed to be less instinct driving compared to nearly everything else in ever free, so he figured that he just couldn't SEE it's defining features and what have you he added a brilliance to his song, not stopping singing since the thing enjoyed it, and the change caused a ray of light to appear ontop the Creature "Don't mind this... It'll be gone in a second Just need to take a look at you."

When the ray of light appeared, the creature became visibly distressed as it tried to get away from the light, but after Woody's words it looked up and concluded that it couldn't be the sun that caused the light. After said conclusion, the creature calmed down bit, but it was still obvious that it didn't like the light, and that it wanted it to go away as fast as possible.

After thoroughly checking the creature the light went away just as Woody said it would. He stopped singing taking on a serious tone. "Well all of my books on everfree I've never seen nor heard of something like you... Cool! You're one of a kind! Just like me!" Woody resumed his happy singing with a bit more pep in his step, which of course was reflected in his songm it was much more upbeat and flow as compared to the elegant sound from before.

The creature kept glancing up now and then with one of his heads, even after the light had disappeared, but the other head looked almost proud when Woody mentioned it being one of a kind. 

When Woody started singing, even the head guarding the sky started visibly enjoying it, but the creature did seem little more cautious than before. 

Woody coninued his singing trying to keep the creature calm, he wasn't sure if it would eat him or not if he stopped for too long or maybe it was vegetarian? "So... What do you eat? I've got some stuff with me... I mean if you're hungry that is." Woody slowly reached into his bag and pulled an apple out of it, offering it to the Creature that he had yet name.

The creature shook its heads to the apple, then pushing out one of its claws and drawing lines on the ground with it, forming letters "M" "E" "A" "T", before pulling the claw back in. The creature looked at Woody like it was expecting his reaction, maybe it wasn't sure if it had written it right, or maybe it was just curious how Woody would react. 

Woody stumbled seeing what the creature had written. Putting his paws up defensively extended out in front of himself as if he had tried to push it away " I.. I don't have meat I don't like to hurt animals. Please don't eat me. I need to keep protecting this forest and I work really hard to do it." Woody was shaking slightly, not enough to be seen by a normal pony, but it was visible to the eyes of a predator. " I... I'll keep singing." Woody continued his song after that little burst of fear, but the creature would still see him shaking.

The creature looked amused from Woody's reaction, it could have sensed his fear even if he wasn't shaking, and it wasn't surprised, anything would be scared if it though it was prey. It then pointed at Woody and made a face of disgust, trying to tell that it doesn't eat ponies.... or creatures it didn't recognize. 

Woody started to calm down seeing it point at him and look disgusted. Woody quickly let out a relieved sigh. He could sing for hours if he wanted to. His singing grew into a natural melody and vines rose from the ground forming a cair that woody sat in comfortably. He sat back for a while and relaxed as he sang, he was of course embarrassed by his reaction thinking that he could've been rude to the creature.

The creature was weirded out by the vine-chair appearing from the ground, because even on Everfree standards it was very unusual, but this time it didn't get cautious about it, because it had figured out that Woody's singing had something to do with all the weirdness that was happening around them. The creature sat down on the ground, and started listening Woody's singing again, it didn't know why it was so enjoyable, but it figured that it probably was because of the same thing that made all the weirdness happen, and it didn't mind. 

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus

It was cool, dark and quiet in everfree, Aside from Woody's singing that is... Woody found himself very relaxed which, in turn, made him feel tired. He realized that as he had to stop singing to yawn. " Oof... I didn't get a lot of sleep. I need to plan to get more." He stretched and laid on the chair he had made singing still as he hadn't slept yet... But he closed his eyes... seeming as if he was rather close to doing so.

The creature looked disappointed when Woody stopped and made a sound that only reinforced the implication that it was disappointed, but it didn't try to stop Woody falling asleep, because it figured that Woody was most likely a day-creature, and understood that that type of creatures needed to sleep at nights, besides, it was getting hungry so maybe it was good thing that there was no singing to distract it.

Woody, After around 12 minutes of singing had fallen asleep. His Vine chair hadn't adjusted or anything but he wasn't complaining about that. If he had been awake he would've realized that sleeping on the forest floor isn't safe. While the Creature near him doesn't eat meat there are animals that could and would take a prey that was unaware of its fate. There weren't any predators now but who knows how long he would be asleep for.