Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private 2 Monsters and a Friendship 1x1

Maple Bat

After Woody had fallen asleep, the creature streched and padded away, only to return with two dead rabbits after few minutes, it was time to eat. It laid down rather close to Woody and started eating its prey, it was faced away from Woody to make sure he didn't see it eating if he woke up. 

After the creature finished eating, it cleaned itself and just chilled next to Woody. 

It was a few hours later that Woody started to stir and stretch as he woke up. He hopped up and stretched a bit more, the vine chair dismissing itself. " Much better!" Woody said chuckling to himself "Sorry about the wait. Hope I wasn't out too long." He gave the creature a small smile. He was still waking up so singing would sound terrible. It wouldn't take long though.

Woody noticed the lines on the ground "Sorry to keep you waiting" He said with a nervous chuckle "I'm ready to sing again if you'd like me to" Woody chuckled at his question, that was the only reason the creature came to him. He thought, as he began to sing to finish the melody he started before, where the creature might've come from, or if there were more of it... he even wondered just... Truly what it was I mean it looked like a 2 headed cat to him... but he doubted that was its DNA...

Woody, Who was usually sympathetic to animals noticed the creatures worry. He raised a brow in questioning, but for now didn't exactly speak to the creature, He was still getting into the swing of his music. He started to physically get into it as he was still warming up after his name, The Draconequus was already enjoying himself it seemed. He was in swing within a few minutes. After the fact, he was able to say while still singing his melody "What's the matter?"

The creature could tell that Woody's question wasn't part of his song, but it wasn't sure how to answer, because even thought it knew how to write a little, it didn't know enough for explanation.

After few seconds of thinking, the creature came up with an idea, it first pointed at the counting lines it had drawn earlier, it then drew a sun on the ground and pointed at ray of moonlight coming through the forest roof. Lastly the creature put it's paw on the ray of light and pulled it away shaking it like one would after hurting one's limb. It then put the paw back down and waited to see if Woody understood. 

Woody assumed what the creature was trying to say "Oh! Are you..." Woody looked confused for a second trying to put it all together "Are you saying that Light will hurt you?" He seemed like he was confident but yet something was lacking Woody felt he missed something... He looked at the creature in a way that would tell it to confirm if he was correct.

The creature made a 'yes and no' expression and gesture, that was all it could really do since it couldn't talk or write every detail. But in the end it didn't matter if Woody understood or not, because the creature knew that sooner or later it will come to contact with sunlight, and there was a high chance Woody would be there to see it. 

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus

• 1 month later...

Woody had been humming something until he heard a bird tweet, the sun was rising. " Morning already? Well, you know what they say huh? Time flies when you're having fun! I should take you to mom! So she can see what you are, She'd know better than me! C'mon!" Despite the sun rising Woody still wanted the creature to follow him. He considered dragging it but that would've been rude to the poor thing.

The creature had fallen asleep but woke up when it heard the birds tweeting, and right away it backed away from the rays of sunlight forming in the forest, dodging them to best of it's ability.But the dodging was fruitless, the forest roof was more sparse here than in rest of the forest, and the creature couldn't get away from the sunlight, and eventually a ray of light hit it, and it let out a desperate cry before jumping into the bushes.

It was a quiet for a moment, but then suddenly the bushes started to rustle loudly and the creature started making a sound that sounded almost like wailing, and it lasted for few seconds until it changed to sound more like a pony groaning and finally went silent. Then from the bushes a voice was heard "Good, I'm still in the forest." 

• 2 weeks later...

Woody took a step back when he heard a voice "H-Hello? Friend? What're you doing out here... especially this early?" Woody moved closer to the voice pushing any bushes or what have you out of his way to find the source of the sound. Oddly enough, not putting together that the beast he was with had just lept into to. 

In the bushes was a brown earth pony stallion, his mane was light brown, and oddly enough, he was a blank flank. He turned towards Woody who was searching through the bushes and looked surprised "a draconequus?" "Oh, I'm sorry, hi, I.......went for a walk and heard something." it was clearly a lie "Um...Can you tell me what time is it?" 

• 3 weeks later...

" Err... Sure a walk, Why did your walk take you to... nevermind not my place to ask." Woody hummed a small something, snapped and a small clock appeared. "It's 5 or 6 give or take a few minutes that is... Since this isn't exactly perfect here in Everfree... Regardless it's morning." Woody took note of this pony... seeing the lack of cutie mark "Hey, did you lose something in the forest back there? You're flank is... Lacking." He tried to put it to him gently, he'd probably heard it 100 times over and more.

"Morning." the pony repeated, then muttering to himself "It really is early." he looked at the forest-roof and muttered more "Why was it here, it's too open." he then realized that Woody had continued "Oh, yeah, I'm blank flank." "The reason is.....complicated." he kept a short pause "And don't worry, I'm not sensitive about it."

"Right... Ok. Well regardless. Did you need a guide back to ponyville, it's just over that way. Where exactly did you come from." His tone implied that he was pressing the matter "Just for, reference of course. Just need to get you home... as you're probably pretty far from it... wherever it is now." He tapped a paw waiting for an answer. He swore that he would've seen that monster... yet he wasn't making a comment... The thing that disappeared Woody didn't know. But Dragonequus were... less rare than they used to be and better known too.

(edited)

"I think I can find my way by myself." ".......Thanks for the direction though." the pony then thought about the question for a moment "And I think I came from........there." he pointed to a direction "But my house is on edge of town, close to the forest." he seemed slightly......slow, almost like somepony who had just woken up from long night sleep tired. "I probably should start heading there shouldn't I."

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus

"You should. This forest can be pretty dangerous. Regardless I'm going to head home myself. Good luck getting home." *Woody waved to them and hummed something as he walked away he turned invisible hovering above the ground to not make noise as he followed this pony... It was creepy of his... but, he was curious about them.

The pony started heading out of the forest at first, but when he thought that Woody was gone, he turned around and returned to where they had met, checking around the area where the creature had stayed with Woody. He spoke to himself "Now....what brought you to the light" "And can I use it against you..." he wandered around checking everything, and stopped when he found the word 'meat' and the counting lines the creature had done, checking them closer, he continued speaking to himself  "They match your claws....were you trying to communicate with somepony?" "If so...who?"

• 2 weeks later...

Woody, who was still hiding thought to himself  So... Is he some sort of hunter? And... he knows Light weakens it? Maybe... I'll keep following. Woody knew that he'd been the one the creature communicated with but he wasn't going to involve himself in hunting... Odd he had no cutie mark if this a hunt

"Of course!" the pony realized something "That Draconequus, he had to be close since he heard me." he sniffed the air "You two were here for a while, but you didn't fight, were you held here by magic?" he shook his head "That still doesn't explain why you came here....You are smarter than that." he started walking towards where the creature had first came from and continued into the forest, seemingly looking for tracks on the ground and following them, he muttered "If only I could remember what brought you here, it would safe me so much time." 

• 2 weeks later...

He couldn't be a rare beast hunter... If so he would've attacked me... perhaps its soemthing about this beast in particular? Well only one way to find out... keep following, no matter how awkward it feels. I'm invisible so I should be fine... Unless he's magic too... Nah, doesn't look it... He lowers to be between the treeline and ground as he flies after the pony  If he is a hunter... I'll show him what happens when somepony harms nature.

(edited)

The pony stayed quiet for a while as he followed the tracks into the forest, it seemed that though it was getting darker as he went deeper into the forest, the pony had no problem seeing where he was going. After some walking, the stallion came at the feet of a cliff, looked up, sighed, and started climbing it up by jumping between sticking out parts he could get footing on, his movements were agile and smooth, almost un-pony like. When he had finished climbing, the pony sniffed the air, looked around him, and sniffed the air again, then turning towards where Woody was, searching the area with his eyes. "Where are you Draconequus?" "I can smell you."

Edited by Totally Cerberus

• 1 month later...

Woody followed slowly taking notes on things that seemed... off. He noted heavily the smooth climbing... something that would require a pony to either have equipment... or at least a cutie mark in climbing... He took that information in having paid attention to the stranger before Woody knew that he wasn't lost... as he had once claimed. He flinched "No way... how could he tell..." Woody appears above him  "I must say... that's pretty impressive... How'd you know I was there?" He started with a simple question before asking about the... stranger things

"Like I said, I smelled you." the pony explained, slightly surprised that woody appeared so close "You have quite the unique smell, probably because you're combination of several creatures." he sat down "So, let me guess, you want to ask something, most likely related to why I really am in the forest, and you won't leave me alone before I tell you." he seemed surprisingly nonchalant, "Go ahead, ask what you want to know, I don't have the whole day."