Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Post You're Spirit Animal

Altastrofae

What is you're current spirit animal? How have you embraced your spirit animal? How has your spirit animal helped you in life? What are your thoughts on the above member's spirit animal?

I will go first—

What is your current spirit animal?

The Horned Owl

How have you embraced your spirit animal, and how has he/she helped you in life?

I've learned to embrace the Owl's innate ability to hunt down its quarry using three dimmensional hearing. While, being human of course, I lack that luxury, I have learned from this to always follow through on my goals in life and also to hunt down the negativity in my life and purge it, as such. :o That would make a GREAT letter to the princess.

What're your thoughts on the above member's spirit animal?

Oh, his spirit animal was so good a teacher, he no longer exists :catface:

My Spirit Animal is...

A Gryphon

How have you embraced your spirit animal, and how has he/she helped you in life?

I have learned to persevere through adversity and be strong and brave. However, I have also learned that no matter how tough I can be on the outside, I can be a sweet, gentle and compassionate person on the inside. Gryphons may look big and tough on the outside, but on the inside, they are caring, loving and gentle just like humans are. 

I’ve taken multiple tests on this topic, and I usually always get Bear as my spirit animal.

I think it fits pretty nicely. I’m heavyset and hairy, and I like to eat salmon and sleep a bunch. And I get really super mad when you mess with my loved ones, XD

• Brohoof 2

I personally have a real hatred for those tests. I think you have to find it for yourself. Those test cant cover every possible creature. I get that to most, spirit animals are a fun novelty. But to me, these beings are real, and a computer cant always tell you. Maybe im being too passionate again, but I really do hate those tests.

7 minutes ago, CrystalBloodMoon said:

I personally have a real hatred for those tests. I think you have to find it for yourself. Those test cant cover every possible creature. I get that to most, spirit animals are a fun novelty. But to me, these beings are real, and a computer cant always tell you. Maybe im being too passionate again, but I really do hate those tests.

Yeah my Spirituality lies in Christianity. I have the same attitude towards Spirit Animals that I do towards Horoscopes. Interesting conceptually, but of no actual significance to me.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, ShadOBabe said:

Yeah my Spirituality lies in Christianity. I have the same attitude towards Spirit Animals that I do towards Horoscopes. Interesting conceptually, but of no actualy significance to me.

Thats another thing. The only reason people dont think horoscopes are accurate because the only thing they know about their birthchart info is their sun sign! ¡Qué rediculo! :okiedokieloki:

but I didnt make this topic for me to rant, so for now, I'll live with it

2 hours ago, CrystalBloodMoon said:

I think you have to find it for yourself. Those test cant cover every possible creature.

I get you. Like what part of the link @iNachos10 brought up said, it means more if you allow the thoughts to come to you first. Find it through meditation, through happenstance, randomness or luck. If we all just picked what looked cool, we'd all have foxes! A "Spirit Animal" is far more then just what you'd like to be if you could choose. It's gotta mean something to ya.

Personally, Hyena. 

Mind you, that's via what my Spirit Pokemon is. (made a whole thread about that and how to find it if you want to look for it!) A personality test is fun, but it don't mean anything unless you let it. The way the Spirit Pokemon thing works is as random as random can be... so I was really flattered for ol' Beta Whelp me to wind up with a great big, dark, ferocious Mightyena! Over the years, its kind of grown on me.

No one likes hyenas; mostly they do for very valid reasons. They ain't pretty scavengers. In looks or attitude or tactics. Heck, ask any layman and their immediate thought is their annoying laugh. But hyenas don't have a sense of humor. That's just how they yip & bark. I'm a scavenger myself, and I feel that's a good attitude. Take what you can get, be satisfied with what you can get to... and take advantage of opportunity. No hyena would ever think of challenging the proud, selfish Lion (aye, Lions are just about the most immoral animals out there, i'd say. What other species has gender inequality in such... oh wait, nevermind. That's actually pretty common in nature.) ...unless, of course, they have their pack behind them. A hyena knows it's place and is content with it. They won't try to bring down some huge beastie for bragging rights and their not the sorts to backstab you for their own gain unless their in a tight spot themselves.

It's a good model of self-reliance & confidence, I'd say. Several notches below the untamed ferocity of the Wolf, but still wild & strong & humble about it. That, and I very likely have the same breath & unrelenting hunger as one anyhow!

...Ooh, or also a Marten! Because I'm an al'tol' spazz!

And I'm fluffy-cute!

...A marten is, like, a weasel or somethin'.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Widdershins said:

I get you. Like what part of the link @iNachos10 brought up said, it means more if you allow the thoughts to come to you first. Find it through meditation, through happenstance, randomness or luck. If we all just picked what looked cool, we'd all have foxes! A "Spirit Animal" is far more then just what you'd like to be if you could choose. It's gotta mean something to ya.

Personally, Hyena. 

Mind you, that's via what my Spirit Pokemon is. (made a whole thread about that and how to find it if you want to look for it!) A personality test is fun, but it don't mean anything unless you let it. The way the Spirit Pokemon thing works is as random as random can be... so I was really flattered for ol' Beta Whelp me to wind up with a great big, dark, ferocious Mightyena! Over the years, its kind of grown on me.

No one likes hyenas; mostly they do for very valid reasons. They ain't pretty scavengers. In looks or attitude or tactics. Heck, ask any layman and their immediate thought is their annoying laugh. But hyenas don't have a sense of humor. That's just how they yip & bark. I'm a scavenger myself, and I feel that's a good attitude. Take what you can get, be satisfied with what you can get to... and take advantage of opportunity. No hyena would ever think of challenging the proud, selfish Lion (aye, Lions are just about the most immoral animals out there, i'd say. What other species has gender inequality in such... oh wait, nevermind. That's actually pretty common in nature.) ...unless, of course, they have their pack behind them. A hyena knows it's place and is content with it. They won't try to bring down some huge beastie for bragging rights and their not the sorts to backstab you for their own gain unless their in a tight spot themselves.

It's a good model of self-reliance & confidence, I'd say. Several notches below the untamed ferocity of the Wolf, but still wild & strong & humble about it. That, and I very likely have the same breath & unrelenting hunger as one anyhow!

...Ooh, or also a Marten! Because I'm an al'tol' spazz!

And I'm fluffy-cute!

...A marten is, like, a weasel or somethin'.

EXACTLY. and I know what a marten is. Found that out when I got really into this German fantasy author who had a horned marten as a character. SO CUTE! 

Theyre actually more closely related to the hiyena than the weasel as a matter of fact

but yeah, I took the meditation/AP/LD route, like I spoke to this guy. In the meditation tho, I was walking up to super cool ones, and swatting away the annoying owl. A wolf bared his teeth at me and a Crow gave me dat red-eyed stare whag crows give ya. When I turned to (finally) look at the owl, it was instant, like, I saw myself in this creature. The whole situation, looking back, reminds me of Dash and Tank. Funny...

Huh.  Reading up on Hyenas on Wikipedia and they bring up the cat-like "cleaning position" they're known to do. Which also happens to be the exact position I'm sitting in while reading that. Irony.

I'd probably go with the Brown Hyena. I'll have to do more research. Turns out their more cat than dog really.

17 minutes ago, CrystalBloodMoon said:

fantasy author who had a horned marten as a character.

.... The Golden Compass?

Think that was supposed to be more of a familiar/demon. Man, I had a hard time following that book.

8 minutes ago, Widdershins said:

Huh.  Reading up on Hyenas on Wikipedia and they bring up the cat-like "cleaning position" they're known to do. Which also happens to be the exact position I'm sitting in while reading that. Irony.

I'd probably go with the Brown Hyena. I'll have to do more research. Turns out their more cat than dog really.

.... The Golden Compass?

Think that was supposed to be more of a familiar/demon. Man, I had a hard time following that book.

No, the InkHeart Trilogy

Just now, Pr0m4NV14 said:

@CrystalBloodMoon, you made a typo in the thread title.

Anyhoo, my spirit animal may be Dustin Henderson.

(1) I know, but whenever I try to edit a topic, it gets cloned for whatever reason (2) You made a typo at "anyhoo". The word is spelt "anywho", and (3) Dustin H. is his own species? Huh! I learned something today!

My spirit animal has always been a raccoon. They’re smarter than wolves, bears, or other common wild animals, and can even be smarter than dogs. They’re very clever and inventive, and have been known to use tools to solve problems. 

• Brohoof 2

Okay I took the test, and I guess I'm a porcupine, and while I found that interesting, that's not what a spirit animal is. Granted, my previous spirit animal could've been a porcupine, more likely, but spirit animals should be, like, teachers, guides, to help you become a better person and work through your flaws and succeed in some small goals you wish to accomplish. Having a spirit animal just like you wont helo you there. Your spirit animal would get stumpt as easily as you do on the issues you go to them for. Still fun tho, pretty interesting. I just think the test should've been on the person you want to be rather than who you already are.