Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why are some ponys more slender.

Unity

So let me just say I'm no expert on horses or ponys. But I was why some ponys like Sassy Saddles have different body structures. For instance sassy saddles is slot taller and slimmer than any of the other ponys, but there are some like her. If someone could tell me if there' a reason for this that would be great.

Just now, Rhythm Red said:

Because some ponies are taller and skinnier than others...? Lol.:lol:

It's just like with humans. 

Yea, I guess it' a kids show and having every pony look different in height size etc would be weird. It' weird how those are pretty much the only body types plus a few more.

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, donttellmum said:

Yea, I guess it' a kids show and having every pony look different in height size etc would be weird. It' weird how those are pretty much the only body types plus a few more.

There’s quite a few body types actually....

Booger, if I wasn’t going to bed I’d make a collage of them. Maybe tomorrow.

Edited by ShadOBabe

Just now, donttellmum said:

maybe it's like with people, an average body type plus a few more. if you saw the episode "The Tasty Treat" I think it was called? there were alot more body types, and even some strange new head shapes.

Just now, CrystalBloodMoon said:

maybe it's like with people, an average body type plus a few more. if you saw the episode "The Tasty Treat" I think it was called? there were alot more body types, and even some strange new head shapes.

What' season?

Just now, Ryanmahaffe said:

He is referring to the 12th episode of season 6, Spice Up your Life.

Ok thanks. I' only on s5 though

Nd after I made this I just saw like 3 more body types LOL

guess there are more than I thought

Just now, donttellmum said:

They start adding a lot more in later seasons than just the basic body type.

2 minutes ago, donttellmum said:

The budget for the show continued to grow as the seasons went on. Helps a lot with adding more variety.

• Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, ShadOBabe, Scoffer of Shadows said:

The budget for the show continued to grow as the seasons went on. Helps a lot with adding more variety.

This is a myth. The only variation in the budget happened between Season 1 (plus The Return of Harmony two-parter) and season 2.

The reason we got "improvements" overtime [besides the FLASH software and DHX computers getting better]; is because part of the budget was always dedicated to "research and development" of new assets and techniques that get either incorporated or discarded for the "mass production".

Some early examples is a "dynamic shadow projection" used for a single scene in S1E02 [Rainbow Dash spooking the rest of the mane six in the Everfree Forest]; that was only reused 50 episodes later in S4E03 (since it required as much work to do it right as making a new asset/animation from scratch just for that scene); getting superseeded by another more flexible one by season 5.

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, SilverComet said:

This is a myth. The only variation in the budget happened between Season 1 (plus The Return of Harmony two-parter) and season 2.

The reason we got "improvements" overtime [besides the FLASH software and DHX computers getting better]; is because part of the budget was always dedicated to "research and development" of new assets and techniques that get either incorporated or discarded for the "mass production".

Some early examples is a "dynamic shadow projection" used for a single scene in S1E02 [Rainbow Dash spooking the rest of the mane six in the Everfree Forest]; that was only reused 50 episodes later in S4E03 (since it required as much work to do it right as making a new asset/animation from scratch just for that scene); getting superseeded by another more flexible one by season 5.

Ah I see.