Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Them's Fighting Herds trailer and official release date

Steve Piranha

With all being said im still getting it it looks hella fun to me and if it flops well I just wasted money :^)

All seriousness though many people say a game flops and sometimes it does sometimes it doesnt youll just have to wait and see what happens and yeah the Communication fo teh game sucked even I forgot about it.Some are still gonna get it and some are gonna say it sucks cause its roster is too small or other problems still present

Haha XD, yeah communication was bad. I thought the game was cancelled without notice. Chances of this game's success are low. Hope that's not the case, but the signs of failure are there :sunny:

I need to comment on this again, because i feel like the few hardcore fans who think that this game will be a huge success, being the next skullgirls, will set themselves up for dissapointment. Game took way too long to finish, has little to no promotion behind it and the fact that most people who play it are bronies, keeps others away from playing it. The developers are way too focused on pleasing the bronies then they are too blind that they are not pleasing the general audience, most of all the FGC.

Atleast other indie games like yooka-laylee or snake-pass got alot of promotion constantly, while i hear nothing of this fighter and their beta showings have less then 10000 views and i am surprised that this didn't made the developers think that they might need to spread the word a bit more.

Also personal note to Lauren Faust, you are indeed a household word, but garbage is too and after awhile it begins to stink.

1 hour ago, Mesmelicious Rize said:

I need to comment on this again, because i feel like the few hardcore fans who think that this game will be a huge success, being the next skullgirls, will set themselves up for dissapointment. Game took way too long to finish, has little to no promotion behind it and the fact that most people who play it are bronies, keeps others away from playing it. The developers are way too focused on pleasing the bronies then they are too blind that they are not pleasing the general audience, most of all the FGC.

Atleast other indie games like yooka-laylee or snake-pass got alot of promotion constantly, while i hear nothing of this fighter and their beta showings have less then 10000 views and i am surprised that this didn't made the developers think that they might need to spread the word a bit more.

Also personal note to Lauren Faust, you are indeed a household word, but garbage is too and after awhile it begins to stink.

Feels like the pony movie all over again. At least they bothered to promote it a little bit at least, but this game clearly went under the radar for too  long. I EVEN THOUGHT IT GOT CANCELLED :D. I think they are putting too much faith in word of mouth, and I know that tactic don't work as well these days, specially with our reduced numbers and waning relevance. Not to mention the game, at it's core, don't offer as much as other games in the genre 

At least it wont end up like Marvel vs Capcom Infinite but honestly when it comes out it better have a justified price (doubt it will though) It looks fun which is what I mainly care about. Though the roster is small which is a problem I think its about the same as  Blazblue Calamity Trigger but that's not much of an argument though. Yes Rosters and promotion are important and its a sham they didn't promote it at all and it doesn't really seem like skull girls at all. No it wont be the next skullgirls that much is obvious and it wont be the next anything it'll be it's own thing be it a failure (Which a lot seem to be) or a success (Which it could be) either way its being released and something tells me they hope to get more publicity via selling through steam and people sharing or making videos on it when it's out. I'm excited fro the game but I have my doubts about it but I don't think it'll outright fail. It'll probably be one of theose games that are forgotten and have a following like Nier Replicant/Gestalt or the Drakengard series. 

But hey thats my opinion so far.

1 hour ago, Demonic Soulz said:

At least it wont end up like Marvel vs Capcom Infinite but honestly when it comes out it better have a justified price (doubt it will though) It looks fun which is what I mainly care about. Though the roster is small which is a problem I think its about the same as  Blazblue Calamity Trigger but that's not much of an argument though. Yes Rosters and promotion are important and its a sham they didn't promote it at all and it doesn't really seem like skull girls at all. No it wont be the next skullgirls that much is obvious and it wont be the next anything it'll be it's own thing be it a failure (Which a lot seem to be) or a success (Which it could be) either way its being released and something tells me they hope to get more publicity via selling through steam and people sharing or making videos on it when it's out. I'm excited fro the game but I have my doubts about it but I don't think it'll outright fail. It'll probably be one of theose games that are forgotten and have a following like Nier Replicant/Gestalt or the Drakengard series. 

But hey thats my opinion so far.

I just wanna correct you. The original Blazblue calamity trigger had 13 characters. :P

I also noticed something going through the steam releases of feburary 22. They are going to release this game on the same day as Metal Gear Survive.

I mean sure, i am not interested in it, because it feels like a quick cash grab on Konamis part, but it still has the Metal Gear name on it and customers are fixated on names they are familiar with, so this has the potential to make everyone ignore TFS.

Of course, you can make the argument that they can still get TFS later. But first day sales are really important for a games success and some people don't have enough money to buy as many games as they want, so they have to decide what game they rather want and i think the more mainstream crowd will go towards Metal Gear Survive.

3 hours ago, Mesmelicious Rize said:

I also noticed something going through the steam releases of feburary 22. They are going to release this game on the same day as Metal Gear Survive.

I mean sure, i am not interested in it, because it feels like a quick cash grab on Konamis part, but it still has the Metal Gear name on it and customers are fixated on names they are familiar with, so this has the potential to make everyone ignore TFS.

Of course, you can make the argument that they can still get TFS later. But first day sales are really important for a games success and some people don't have enough money to buy as many games as they want, so they have to decide what game they rather want and i think the more mainstream crowd will go towards Metal Gear Survive.

Unless it sparks another lootbox controversy, which TFH, as far as I know, lacks  :dash:

Just now, Steve Piranha said:

Unless it sparks another lootbox controversy, which TFH, as far as I know, lacks  :dash:

Well, maybe. But it is still the bigger release and a big factor. Not to mention it's only 40 bucks instead of 60 or 70.

17 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

This game was going to be amazing before Hasbro came in and ruined it. I hate to say it, but it's true. Something great was going to made, but Hasbro ruined it.

Hasbro did what they had to do what they did in order to protect their intellectual property. As it stand, copyright laws are what they are, and considering just how close to show-specific the game was looking...yeah, they had a bit of a target on them. As unfortunate as the situation was, I don't really hold anyone at fault. The situation is what it is.

At least we're getting a game. That is enough to satisfy me; though I hope the Mac/Linux version comes in time.

6 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

Hasbro did what they had to do what they did in order to protect their intellectual property. As it stand, copyright laws are what they are, and considering just how close to show-specific the game was looking...yeah, they had a bit of a target on them. As unfortunate as the situation was, I don't really hold anyone at fault. The situation is what it is.

At least we're getting a game. That is enough to satisfy me; though I hope the Mac/Linux version comes in time.

I guess you're right, the law is the law. I just wish things could've turned out a little better.

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, ggg-2 said:

Why talk about this here? Them's Fighting Herds has nothing to do with MLP. (anymore at least)

If derpibooru is any indication, Them Fighting Herds is still part of the fandom culture. And now having confirmation that Tara Strong voices one of the characters much more :dash:

There's no way this game will be a success. The demographic they're trying to appeal to is only a small fraction of the brony community, which by and large has zero interest in competitive gaming. And fighting games are nothing BUT competitive. They can cram all sorts of story related content and other modes into it. They can even hire the whole cast of FIM to voice the ridiculously small selection of characters. But in the end, there's no replay value in the single player aspects to keep anyone engaged. And if there isn't enough people playing online, why should I invest time and money into it?

I feel that what TFS should have been from the start was an arcade-style beat-em-up, complete with online and couch co-op support. At least those games are quick are easy to play through, and since you get to play with friends, you don't have to feel bad for sucking at them.

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, KillerKingBakudan said:

There's no way this game will be a success. The demographic they're trying to appeal to is only a small fraction of the brony community, which by and large has zero interest in competitive gaming. And fighting games are nothing BUT competitive. They can cram all sorts of story related content and other modes into it. They can even hire the whole cast of FIM to voice the ridiculously small selection of characters. But in the end, there's no replay value in the single player aspects to keep anyone engaged. And if there isn't enough people playing online, why should I invest time and money into it?

I feel that what TFS should have been from the start was an arcade-style beat-em-up, complete with online and couch co-op support. At least those games are quick are easy to play through, and since you get to play with friends, you don't have to feel bad for sucking at them.

Too bad they didn't considered that. It would've be far more profitable a beat them up, considering the much lower competition and easier learning curve. Just look at Scott Pilgrim. Some fighting animals game would have fit better there

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 1:37 AM, Steve Piranha said:

If derpibooru is any indication, Them Fighting Herds is still part of the fandom culture. And now having confirmation that Tara Strong voices one of the characters much more :dash:

Just like how Freedom Planet is still part of the Sonic fandom culture despite it later departing from the Sonic lore like was originally going to be affiliated with.

Edited by vgmaster9

5a8d65483541b_Screenshot(7).thumb.png.395596390686605b46f61d84659216a9.png

Okay, now you are selling this incomplete on release date because of "personal issues" hindering the release of the story mode.

With all due respect, but nobody cares about your personal issues, because the customer is just interested in your product. You promised a story mode on day one and one day before release, you come with this? This game already looked dead on arrival and now all of the casuals who might be interested in it, are now backing away from it, because for some people, the early access sign has become a very bad reputation.

You are doing a bad job when it comes to publicity.

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Mesmelicious Rize said:

Okay, now you are selling this incomplete on release date because of "personal issues" hindering the release of the story mode.

With all due respect, but nobody cares about your personal issues, because the customer is just interested in your product. You promised a story mode on day one and one day before release, you come with this? This game already looked dead on arrival and now all of the casuals who might be interested in it, are now backing away from it, because for some people, the early access sign has become a very bad reputation.

This kind of shit wouldn't fly in the triple A gaming industry.

On 2/15/2018 at 4:39 PM, ggg-2 said:

Why talk about this here? Them's Fighting Herds has nothing to do with MLP. (anymore at least)

It's MLP-related; at the very least. It was originally a fan game, has had Lauren Faust involved, and will even feature Tara Strong as a voice actor. Good enough for me.

15 hours ago, Mesmelicious Rize said:

It is what it is at this point. As a financial backer myself I expect hold-ups like these, so no biggie here. Life is life. *Shrug*

On 2/15/2018 at 4:39 PM, ggg-2 said:

Even if you ignore the game's origins, and Strong and Faust, looking at the trailer video, you see constant streams of Bronies commenting (positively ... which is a bit night and day from this topic curiously enough, but I digress). Many people see the new characters as defacto avatars of the Mane Six. To say that this has nothing to do with MLP without acknowledging that it is still part of the Brony fandom culture is a bit disingenuous. 

17 hours ago, vgmaster9 said:

You are ignoring the fact that plenty of delays happen due to resource issues (staffing) in the largest more resource rich studios. Gamers get annoyed, but many of these games that are delayed or ship missing elements still sell well.

You are also comparing larger more experienced studios with an indie developer. 

• Brohoof 1

On 2/22/2018 at 12:18 AM, vgmaster9 said:

Except it already dominates the market :P

On positive note - I just got the game, and it feels pretty awesome to me. The animations are really sublime as well as audio track. Sometime I hear Twi in Arizona though, and get a little kick from it :D