Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Them's Fighting Herds trailer and official release date

Steve Piranha

On 2/22/2018 at 7:10 PM, vgmaster9 said:

Apparently the game's still quite buggy, wonder how long it'll take them to correct that.

Some bugs are common in Early Access games. I mean, EA is not a new thing in gaming, odd that some have acted like that in this topic. It's not like it's gone gold or anything. They also just released a patch, so depending on the 'bug' you are talking about .... the answer to your question is a super slow two days. ;)

Here's the change log 

Spoiler

GAMEPLAY

General

Inputs during rolls no longer flip directions on crossup

Oleander

Updated several attack and movement animations to contain slightly less stick figure action.

Paprika

Fixes for minor graphical glitches during hitstun

Pom

There is now a hard cap on how many puppies can be called up at once, even with infinite magic enabled. You can still do silly and impossible things in training mode, but you should no longer be capable of crashing the game.

Puppies no longer turn into cardboard when panicking or getting hit

BUG FIXES AND TECHNICAL IMPROVEMENTS

General

Fixed several game crashes related to invites.

Added an option to disable background characters during fights for additional pugilistic privacy.

AI (Arcade Mode)

AI has been rebuilt with stronger "take over the world one beatdown at a time" inhibitions. Difficulty has thus been reset.

Default AI difficulty has been set to "Normal" - You can adjust difficulty up or down to fit your taste from the "game settings" menu in options.

Character Select

Time Label in Character Select has stopped incorrectly appearing during offline matches.

A few cosmetic fixes have been applied

Pixel Lobby Browser

Fixed issue in which backer ribbon showed incorrectly in Pixel Lobby Browser.

Backers will be receiving DLC codes to re-enable backer ribbon and backer Palettes (Tennis shoe) in the near future.

Certified Community-run Lobbies now show in green in Pixel Lobby browser.

Many thanks to the community for hosting pixel lobbies for everyone's enjoyement!

Pixel Lobby

Processing invite requests while in pixel lobby should now work correctly. Knock on wood.

Pixel lobby invites have been taught proper manners and will no longer yank you out of matches

Combo Training

"Stop Watching" no longer closes the pause menu.

Better motion display is now a thing that exists.

KNOWN ISSUES

There might be some minor artifacting present on some Main Menu Textures for some players. This will be corrected in the next hotpatch.

Texture Overlays flicker to show the main menu underneath while creating a vanilla lobby. Proper behaviour resumes once lobby has been created. We're investigating.

There are two outstanding issues. That's it. So far the reviews are favorable. 

The game looks fun, but it doesn't make up for its pathetic roster. Seriously, only 6 characters, when the animal kingdom has a ton of possible candidates for unique movesets.
How about a goat, a buffalo, the Jersey Devil, etc? Hell they could even get crazy with it and add a shark with a fish-bowl helmet.

Now, that would be cool.

3 hours ago, Lord Princess Panzy said:

The game looks fun, but it doesn't make up for its pathetic roster. Seriously, only 6 characters, when the animal kingdom has a ton of possible candidates for unique movesets.
How about a goat, a buffalo, the Jersey Devil, etc? Hell they could even get crazy with it and add a shark with a fish-bowl helmet.

Now, that would be cool.

A 7th character that's supposed to be a Goat is already planned, I believe it was one of the stretch goals? Other characters might be possible later.

Edited by BasementSparkle

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:18 PM, vgmaster9 said:

This kind of shit wouldn't fly in the triple A gaming industry.

Ok granted, at least they're not charging for extra save slots (looking at you, Konami).

• 4 weeks later...

Say what you will about the issues it's had; it really has had some positive attention recently. Just watched a video on the Smosh channel (which is a channel I typically avoid) where they played the game, and apparently enjoyed the heck out of it.

There's a good game here, and I'm happy to see it improving AND garnering some attention, at least. ^^

10 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

Say what you will about the issues it's had; it really has had some positive attention recently. Just watched a video on the Smosh channel (which is a channel I typically avoid) where they played the game, and apparently enjoyed the heck out of it.

There's a good game here, and I'm happy to see it improving AND garnering some attention, at least. ^^

I've seen some of these, even from some mexican dudes I follow, and  they all mentioned some small issues due to it's early access status at worst, but it's otherwise a solid game. However, I still have two reasons for being concerned on it's success:

1- Word of mouth can do wonders these days, but sometimes it ain't enough. I've seen next to no advertising of it, but it might be excused for being early access to this day, but they better step up their game once the full release comes

2- The content is small compared to other games in the genre

-Its a my little pony fighting game, but its not my little pony fighting game, if you get what I am saying.

- we are playing solitare

- there are ponies, but you know they are "ponies", so nobody gets "sued". I just learned how to use finger quotes.

-Did you?

2:16

-those aren't MLP pony characters, but you know they are inspired by

So wait, this is why they look like a Disney characters, because nobody are going to get sued if you are going to rip off the Disney characters

Edited by R.D.Dash

• 2 years later...
7 hours ago, InfernalEnergy said:

I still haven't played that game yet. :adorkable:

It has the potential to be really fun. The downside is, unless you've played with them before and remember the name, it's hard to tell how skilled your opponent is, at least until they're sandbagging you across the screen {or, for that matter, enduring the same}. That said, the matches where you meet someone around your skill level who can keep you on your toes and forcing you to play your best - and that's whether you win or lose - are often awesome.

• Brohoof 1