Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you like to see an M rated MLP movie?

Azureth

What would a movie like that bring? MLP is fun because it's innocent, for the most part. I watch more than enough R rated stuff already, I really don't need MLP to go that route. It doesn't need to be darker and edgier, although I'll fully admit it would be hilarious to see Putting Your Hoof Down with R rated voice acting and Fluttershy telling Pinkie and Rarity that nopony gives a flying fuck about their pursuits.

Blech, no thank you.

On 2/7/2018 at 6:51 PM, ZethaPonderer said:

That’s like making an X Rated Sesame Street or an AO (Adults Only) Rated Thomas The Tank Engine.

LOL!! OMG, okay, that suddenly made it funny.

• Brohoof 3

I don't think I'd be interested. I love mlp because it's noooot rated m or r.

Mlp is a breath of fresh air as it is 8)

Maybe pg-13, lol. Or maybe something that's a little realistic in a certain way, idk.

I think it would be really interesting. The main drawback is that in order to earn such a rating, they'd almost have to rewrite the characters and setting and pretty much lose the identity of the show, thus defeating the point of making the movie at all. 

Still, I think it would be fun to see the ponies getting a little more raw. It just sounds cute to me.

The fandom has already made the series gross enough that I wouldn't want to watch any of it.

On 2/6/2018 at 5:25 AM, GeekySonic said:

That depends. I've always been fond of the idea of an animated version of Fallout Equestria. But an actual MLP movie that, for whatever reason, is rated R? That screams "Problem," to me.

I actually think that would kill the franchise in a heartbeat. Parents would never allow their kids to see it, and the majority of adults won't go see a My Little Pony movie simply because it's rated R. They'd lose any chance to profit.

Agreed. Fallout Equestria sounds interesting as a parody on YouTube or something, but an official movie? No.
And, it's comforting to know Hasbro will never make it a reality.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, TheAgentRAINBOW said:

Agreed. Fallout Equestria sounds interesting as a parody on YouTube or something, but an official movie? No.
And, it's comforting to know Hasbro will never make it a reality.

If Hasbro did, They'd have to make a rent a movie page and then a brony part because 10 year old girls won't watch a movie (or be allowed) with tons of sex scenes and cussing

Edited by Sherbert Music-Guard, Scoffer of Shortbread
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 years later...
14 hours ago, Mrs. Prospector said:

Absolutely not. I enjoy MLP because it's innocently charming. 

Yes. We don't want to see a Mature Pinkie Pie (that would be terrifying actually) :)

honestly, yeah 100%!!
i personally love ponies in all forms, from the innocent to the grimdark, etc!
i would actually be very interested in seeing that, although i still love the cute and more innocent ponies we have now!
i also completely understand why people wouldn't want to see that though! :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

I don’t think it would work. As soon as someone gets the green light to go with an M rating, they’d inevitably go too far with it, just because they can. If there’s a story idea (befitting an M rating) that’s good and somehow works well with the characters and settings I’d be okay with it to an extent as long as it didn’t become gratuitous. Let the rating fit the material and not write the material to warrant the rating.

• Brohoof 1