Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What in the wide, wide world of Equestria are these?!

Justin_Case001

So, I have a question that I'm hoping my pony pals can help me with.  I really don't know where else to go.  So, this is kind of a weird, stupid thing, and I wasn't sure where to put this thread, so to be safe I figured I'd put it here.

Here's the story: I recently ordered a clothing item on Amazon.  It's a mermaid themed outfit.  I was going to provide a link so you could see it, but it's no longer available, apparently.  It's a skirt and a top covered with reflective scales.  When it arrived I discovered that it came with a couple of free undergarments.  They weren't of any use to me, so I just gave them away.  It also came with a floral pin, and....these:

IMG_0184.thumb.JPG.557502089782b9779e93c77b78b5f3b3.JPG

IMG_0186.thumb.JPG.5e5fdb5a3a38e014d611d7341372aaf2.JPG

Does anypony have any idea what in the wide, wide world of Equestria these things are?!  I asked everyone I know.  Friends.  Family.  No one knows.  I studied these things for ages, and I can't figure out what they could be used for.  They don't fit anywhere.  There's no clues whatsoever.  I'm a dude (yes, I like to wear feminine clothing), so my first thought was that it must be for a body part I don't have, and that's why I'm not seeing what it is.  My first thought was...well, some variety of nipple covering, y'know like pasties.  Would make sense because the mermaid top is slightly sheer beneath the scales, if you look from the right angle.  But there is no possible way that these could be used for that.  There is absolutely no way these could fit on....anywhere....there.  I asked my mom, and she agreed.  There's two, and they're asymmetrical and mirrors of each other, as you can see.  I swear, the only thing they look like they could be is doll underpants, but that makes no sense, either.  I suppose I could ask the seller, but it's an Asian company, and they don't speak the greatest of English.  I'm not sure they'd understand what I'm asking.  Also, I just thought it would be entertaining to post it here and see what you ponies come up with.  Any ideas?

Also, I couldn't possibly imagine that these things are some sort of NSFW thing, but if they are, please forgive me, mods.  I mean, the can't be, there's no way, but I really have no idea what they are, so...

Do they stretch at all?

My best guess is the same as @BronyNumber42licious, in that they're supposed to be hand coverings of some kind. Mainly because they're asymmetrical. They're obviously meant to go on some kind of body part that has a mirror image, and they don't seem long enough to have anything to do with feet.

• Brohoof 1

On 2/6/2018 at 3:39 AM, BronyNumber42licious said:

Maybe they go on your hands. The "waistband" goes on your wrist, your thumb goes in one hole, fingers in the other. The pads are for your palm.

On 2/6/2018 at 9:06 AM, Fhaolan said:

Do they stretch at all?

My best guess is the same as @BronyNumber42licious, in that they're supposed to be hand coverings of some kind. Mainly because they're asymmetrical. They're obviously meant to go on some kind of body part that has a mirror image, and they don't seem long enough to have anything to do with feet.

Tried.  I didn't see any way they could possibly fit on hands, even if you had really small hands.  They do stretch, but not enough.  The holes and the shape are just completely wrong and misaligned for hands.  They only place they even sort of fit was over the ball of my foot.  Big toe goes through the small opening, other four through the big opening, and then it....kind of fits.  But there's absolutely no point to it.  That would be the strangest, most pointless foot cover.  So....thanks for trying, but I don't think we're any closer.  :huh::lol: