Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

g3/core 7 The G3 world is Paradise

SkyPie

Everyone's your friend. And considering there's no males to repopulate with they most likely live forever. So there's no death. There's also no school and money problems. You get to do whatever you want. The only problems are ones that can be solved easily. I would love to live here. Wouldn't you?

• Brohoof 3

Theres also another problem with gen 3.

you have to look like this for all eternity

maxresdefault.jpg

jokes aside, i dont think g3 would be paradise in a way, as there were still probablems that needed to be solved.

• Brohoof 6

you can, but i cant. @SkyPie

also, a perfect world would be dull after a while. However, the problem relies in the "everyone is female" does that mean id permanently become a female, even though im male?

• Brohoof 3

Just now, Fennekin said:

you can, but i cant. @SkyPie

also, a perfect world would be dull after a while. However, the problem relies in the "everyone is female" does that mean id permanently become a female, even though im male?

There was a single male in G3... Spike. Which makes things even weirder, in a way. The *concept* of males obviously existed, but either they weren't necessary for ponies... or several of them *were* male and it's not possible to tell the genders apart from our perspective.

• Brohoof 3

Sounds like a pretty chill place to be. Parties and celebrations every week. An in town roller coaster. A cafe /bakery shop. A waterfall portal that leads to the realm of the pegasai. The ability to have wishes granted by catching kites. And the only problems you deal with are first world ones. 

Yeah, I would say it is paradise. 

• Brohoof 4

• 4 months later...

As much as I like gen 3, I agree. A little too perfect, though, if you asked me. As a person that usually overlooks logic in kids shows, it’s just so blatant in gen 3 there are times when I have actually said out loud to the screen “Do you have jobs?! What do you do!?

• Brohoof 3

• 6 months later...
On 2/6/2018 at 4:02 PM, SkyPie said:

Everyone's your friend. And considering there's no males to repopulate with they most likely live forever. So there's no death. There's also no school and money problems. You get to do whatever you want. The only problems are ones that can be solved easily. I would love to live here. Wouldn't you?

No males? 

My reaction is what this guy says when he goes to Heaven without Milk

In other words, G3 is no paradise to me without males for the females to interact with.

• 2 months later...
(edited)

If anything, G3 is more of a crapsaccharine world-style dystopia than a paradise. Note the uniformly isoteric nature of the architecture, the obvious separation (and blatant misconceptions regarding) between the three races of pony, the lack of stallions/colts and the extreme naivete of the entire (seemingly adult) populance, which leads to the inevitable questions - why is everything so pink in such a ubiquitous way? Why are the three races segregated in such a way (at least initially, and even then representation of unicorns and pegasi is limited)? Why are all the stallions and colts absent? Why are the only remaining mares seemingly the oblivious ones? Yes, G3 appears peaceful and utopic from the outside looking in, but almost to an absurd extent, which I always speculated lends itself more coherently to an underlying autocracy of some form than a paradise/afterlife (if "Positively Pink" is any indication of G3 government workings, then it's possible that Pinkie Pie is the O'Brien/undercover 'Big Brother' running the entire system). 

Edited by Them's Seeing Ponies

• 3 months later...

According to 3.5 they are birthd through rainbows and we have seen foals in G3 (rarity) meaning there has to be a way for they to be born. 

Also I like G3 style a lot. Just not 3.5 as much.

On 4/7/2019 at 6:35 AM, Them's Seeing Ponies said:

If anything, G3 is more of a crapsaccharine world-style dystopia than a paradise. Note the uniformly isoteric nature of the architecture, the obvious separation (and blatant misconceptions regarding) between the three races of pony, the lack of stallions/colts and the extreme naivete of the entire (seemingly adult) populance, which leads to the inevitable questions - why is everything so pink in such a ubiquitous way? Why are the three races segregated in such a way (at least initially, and even then representation of unicorns and pegasi is limited)? Why are all the stallions and colts absent? Why are the only remaining mares seemingly the oblivious ones? Yes, G3 appears peaceful and utopic from the outside looking in, but almost to an absurd extent, which I always speculated lends itself more coherently to an underlying autocracy of some form than a paradise/afterlife (if "Positively Pink" is any indication of G3 government workings, then it's possible that Pinkie Pie is the O'Brien/undercover 'Big Brother' running the entire system). 

Despite the lack of colts, there is a way to repopulate even if it is a strange one. Rarity is a foal and yet no one is supersized as if they all know about foals in some compasity. The separation is later on bridged after getting to know each each otherer and while yes there are misconceptions of each other, nothing is too harsh.
Also how does "Positively Pink" support the idea of a 'Big Brothers' system'? We see them go to extreme lengths for Kimono too making a giant bracelet for her and see how easily they accept new leadership in Princess Promenade. So?

(edited)

If this was the only thing I could do when I died in the real world, I would totally be fine with this kind of 'utopia' even if it isn't perfect

:D

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

It seems nice. The only thing is, when they select leaders (like Princess Wysteria or Princess Rarity), they don’t do anything (granted Rarity is a kid). If they want a government, they should establish one. And maybe desegregate the pony races too.

• Brohoof 1

• 10 months later...
On 7/21/2019 at 7:33 AM, ExplosionMare said:

It seems nice. The only thing is, when they select leaders (like Princess Wysteria or Princess Rarity), they don’t do anything (granted Rarity is a kid). If they want a government, they should establish one. And maybe desegregate the pony races too.

Also Wysteria gave up her role rather quickly making everyone a princess and for Rarity it was shown that there are terms of Princess hood as it was mentioned she was the rainbow Princess for that year. (from what I remember.)

I would love to live there! It always sounds so nice. The little wispy magic, the colours, the residents, just the vibe of the place is so nice!

• Brohoof 2