What did you think of the episode?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• School is closed, I HATED IT!
    • This school was lame; time for hooky. >_>
    • It was...meh.
    • I like it; could be better though.
    • BUCK THE EEA! I LOVED IT!!!

I hate this episode. Maybe I can spare part 2, but part 1 was certainly the worst episode I've ever seen. Of course, this is just my opinion, and I think it's great if you liked it- everyone has different tastes.

First, I didn't like that MLP: the movie is canon. I'm not saying that this ruined the episode, it's just that I find it weird that things in MLP: the movie actually happened in FiM. I liked the movie for what it was, but the plot really didn't feel like that of FiM's. Does this mean all the subcharacters like the pirates, tempest, and the fox guy may appear in the show in the future? I really hope not.

Another thing that keeps annoying me is that Twilight is always the one making wrong decisions, while Starlight always makes right choices and fixes things. Why is this always the case? Can't Twilight be the right one for once? I know that the writers made Fluttershy be more assertive after people complained she was not learning her lessons. I think the same thing is happening with Twilight right now. She has now experienced in various occasions that her by-the-book attitute can do more harm than good. It's about time she changed. Twilight is one of my favourite characters in the show, and it makes me sad that she hasn't been doing much, except for ruining things, compared to Starlight. Twilight is one of the smartest and kindest ponies in Equestria. She was the one crowned the princess of friendship by Celestia. I think she needs to get more episodes where she's the hero. This also goes for the rest of the mane 6 - they haven't been the spotlight of an important episode for quite a while. I like Starlight, but I want to see the mane 6 be the heroes again. In almost every episode featuring the mane 6, they all do almost identical things, while Starlight gets to do something special. In School Daze for example, they all become professors, fail to teach, tries to cheer up Twilight but fails, and save the kids. No one does anything memorable. On the other hand, Starlight gets to be special- and things she does are much more memorable because they are unique. Maybe letting one of the mane 7 take turns being the 'special one' would solve the problem. Starlight could've been the professor this episode, she's pretty much one of the mane 6 now. I would love to see Starlight fully become a member of the mane 7, instead of the awkward protagonist-like status she has right now.

Finally, part 1 was too long and painful to watch. I get that they are messed up, and it's not funny. It feels horrible to see the mane 6 having a terrible time. I also didn't want to see Twilight be the stubborn, boring headmaster. I was infuriated by the head of EEA - for making Twilight become the irritating pony she was in the episode, and for his awful, arrogant behaviour. He was also so racist(or speciest?) and ruined everything. I've never really hated anypony in the show before him, but seeing his actions made me actually furious. I really hoped Celestia would fire him, or scold him at least, after he openly insulted the creatures Celestia invited to the school. Why isn't Celestia doing anything about him? He almost started a world war with his racist(or speciest) remarks.

I didn't like the songs that much either. The new students were cool though. Pretty much the only thing that made the episode bearable at least. Please don't let the rest of season 8 be about the school, though... I've had enough. But who's going to teach if the mane 6 all quit? Hmmm...:yuck:

Edited by qwerE

It's something I've noticed in the show as they introduce new characters to be the "hero" they tend to sideline existing ones. Celestia as the ruler for a thousand years never really gets a chance to show how she kept the country safe and prosperous as she keeps getting beaten or taken out of the picture in favour of the mane 6, then when Starlight gets introcuded the mane 6 start getting beaten or taken out of the picture while she saves the day and in the latest seasons with the student 6 Starlight joins the others in being beaten or taken out of the picture so they could save the day.

Badges