164 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• School is closed, I HATED IT!
    • This school was lame; time for hooky. >_>
    • It was...meh.
    • I like it; could be better though.
    • BUCK THE EEA! I LOVED IT!!!

6 minutes ago, Hierok said:

What makes you say that? Episode 13 (mean 6) will foreshadow more I think. :dash:

Spoiler

Well, the finale seems to have a new villain, I don't think she will come out of nowhere, I think she will be hinted at in the premiere, Also, this one is more tin foil hat like, but the finale and premiere have similar titles, last time two parters did that was in season 5.

Let me hope :P

Edited by Ryanmahaffe

Just now, Ryanmahaffe said:

Well, the finale seems to have a new villain, I don't think she will come out of nowhere, I think she will be hinted at in the premiere, Also, this one is more tin foil hat like, but the finale and premiere have similar titles, last time two parters did that was in season 5.

New villain?

Spoiler

I thought Tirek would be in the finale? :dash:

Let me hope with you!

Edited by Hierok

Just now, Ryanmahaffe said:

I'll bet that so-called new villain is just 

Spoiler

Chrysalis in disguise. With the official reveal of a pony photographer revealing herself privately as the Changeling Queen several months ago, the villain is not going the best part. It will be good, but certainly not the big surprise.

Surprised that it took this long for the writers to implement a school setting for the show. At the same time, I wonder if this School of Friendship will borrow some cues from Equestria Girls since the latter has been doing the whole school shtick for years now.

Just now, WiiGuy2014 said:

I'll bet that so-called new villain is just 

Reveal hidden contents

Chrysalis in disguise. With the official reveal of a pony photographer revealing herself privately as the Changeling Queen several months ago, the villain is not going the best part. It will be good, but certainly not the big surprise.

It is very possible, but I would rather it be someone new.

Just now, Ganondorf8 said:

Surprised that it took this long for the writers to implement a school setting for the show. At the same time, I wonder if this School of Friendship will borrow some cues from Equestria Girls since the latter has been doing the whole school shtick for years now.

It seems like the school will  be a reason to reteach some morals and give us new characters to develop, to keep things fresh.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

It is very possible, but I would rather it be someone new.

It seems like the school will  be a reason to reteach some morals and give us new characters to develop, to keep things fresh.

Fair enough to the first paragraph.

About Paragraph 2: The new students are the most interesting to me. Even if they don't get as many focus episodes as you would think, they still have potential to become fan favorite, especially in all matter of fan works.

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

There is this aspect of it as well which gives the show something fresh to tackle despite it being ideas we've seen before.

• Brohoof 1

Also, the current King of the Griffons looks to be non other then Grandpa Gruff! Or as I'll call him now, King Gruff

Everycreature leader:

Princess Celestia(Ponies)

Dragon Lord Ember(Dragons)

King Thorax(Changelings)

King Gruff(Griffons)

Queen Nova(Hippogriffs)

Prince Rutherford(Yaks)

From now on I'm no longer saying Everypony, I'm saying Everycreature.

i think with the school thing is a bad thing i joined the fandom for the mane 6(except for pinkie pie and rarity) not characters that i believe will steal the mane 6 spotlight if this school thing is happening i don't want my favorite show to be like this the reason majority of the fandom got into the fandom will be gone if this will happen than it's a good sign that the show needs to crash and burn >:(

Edited by twilightfan

@twilightfan My reply covers some of the leaked content for this season, so it's under the spoiler tag (don't read if you don't want to be spoiled):

Spoiler

The Mane 8 have been and will remain the central characters in the series. About 1/3 of the twenty-six episodes will deal with the school and Student Six, so you're going to get a balance of both S8's overarching plot and the M8 plus Discord and the CMCs.

Secondly, most of the leaked episodes were really good, if not excellent. Rather than running out of ideas or needing to be canceled, FIM shows plenty of life left.

I don't know whether School Daze will be good or not, but the School of Friendship arc deserves a chance.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 2

oh ok yeah i ain't really bother by spoilers especially since unlike most people my introduction into mlp was the game the bonds of ffriendship by flutershyponypal which strangely was also was released when i lost hope on modern mainstream western animation since i kinda find the kind of humor that existed during the early 2010s on cn was pretty much it was cartoons for scene kids(looking at you adventure time and regular show) because if you seen how scene kids talk online is how the characters would talk and the only good ones were on nickelodeon and disney channel was shows like tuff puppy, spongebob, fairy oddparents, and probably a few other shows and pretty much older cartoons and anime gave me what i wanted in animation and never really watched much of the anime that was english dubbed and was happening at the time mostly stuff on vod that was free not cost money because i am one of those older gen z kids who been into animation since my preteens around the time i reach my teens i noticed that most of the cartoons i enjoyed in my preteens was gone so i was kinda a animation elitist back than i don't really look deeper for something i want on television and if it's not older animation it was probably animation i like it would be web animation which isn't like that terrible goanimated videos that i found out because of my sister being a fan of it which i totally do not understand why and if my parents had a enough money to get a better package than the basic i would actually be watching animation on television as i did back than so yeah i one of those older gen z kids that do not like the younger gen z kids as much because of how my personal taste in animation is different than theirs just like the younger millennials hate 2000s television animation it kinda works the same way as music fans oh and sorry if you think this is a wall of text i just type as much of stuff in a post as i talk which is alot and i think there are grammer nazis within the brony community which i do not like grammer nazis

Edited by twilightfan

I don't like this concept either. The members of the Mane Cast have goals and jobs of their own and being teachers doesn't factor into that. Besides, out of all of them, Twilight is the only one really qualified for it.

• Brohoof 1

49 minutes ago, MAIKUN said:

Q: What is the ending might be like? Betrayal between Starlight and the Mane Six? Oh please, let it happen!!!!!

Leaked spoiler:

Spoiler

Dude, the odds for it happening in Season 9 are worse than Trump not getting a Pants-On-Fire rating from Politifact. Starlight and Twilight remain friends post-premiere.

• Brohoof 4

1 hour ago, MAIKUN said:

Q: What is the ending might be like? Betrayal between Starlight and the Mane Six? Oh please, let it happen!!!!!

Please say that again. We didn’t hear you the first 100 times. 

And like many others, I need to stress that not only does it have no chance of happening but it is also an awful idea on every level. 

Edited by Captain Clark
  • Brohoof 5

19 hours ago, MAIKUN said:

No offense but, what is the ending like?

The premiere has not been leaked.

On 2/13/2018 at 11:20 PM, Dark Qiviut said:

@twilightfan My reply covers some of the leaked content for this season, so it's under the spoiler tag (don't read if you don't want to be spoiled):

Hide contents

The Mane 8 have been and will remain the central characters in the series. About 1/3 of the twenty-six episodes will deal with the school and Student Six, so you're going to get a balance of both S8's overarching plot and the M8 plus Discord and the CMCs.

Secondly, most of the leaked episodes were really good, if not excellent. Rather than running out of ideas or needing to be canceled, FIM shows plenty of life left.

I don't know whether School Daze will be good or not, but the School of Friendship arc deserves a chance.

I like that it seems s8 has a longer story arc than other seasons thanks to this whole school concept.

9 minutes ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

I like that it seems s8 has a longer story arc than other seasons thanks to this whole school concept.

Spoiler

As it should. In previous seasons, the arcs were too sporadic, too short, and very blank. Starlight's arc suffered from this. This school is very integral to the show, and putting about 10 school episodes shows they're putting in the quantity (and hopefully quality) to make it work.

• Brohoof 3

35 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:
  Hide contents

As it should. In previous seasons, the arcs were too sporadic, too short, and very blank. Starlight's arc suffered from this. This school is very integral to the show, and putting about 10 school episodes shows they're putting in the quantity (and hopefully quality) to make it work.

I agree, I think the season 7 arc would have been better if Campfire Tales was split into three episodes with different stories like Daring Done and A Health of Information, which each episode ending with the main character being rewarded with an item that metaphorically embodies the spirit of the legendary ponies, we would get a solid 5 episode arc instead of 3 concluding with Shadow Play, which would have like 5-6 more minutes in part one thanks to the mane 6 already having their artifact (I think the finding artifacts thing was the weakest part of Shadow Play due to the rushed nature of it) that time could instead have gotten the PoS out sooner or give us more backstory on the pillars. 

Of course that would still only be a 5 episode arc (7 counting two parter) which would mirror season 4. This 10 episode arc will likely have less of a tie in to the finale with the exception of

Spoiler

What Lies Beneath and perhaps others.

• Brohoof 1