What did you think of the episode?  

164 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• School is closed, I HATED IT!
    • This school was lame; time for hooky. >_>
    • It was...meh.
    • I like it; could be better though.
    • BUCK THE EEA! I LOVED IT!!!

Oh holy shit, wow, a DIRECT tie-in to the movie as the starting point for the season's events?  I gotta admit, that was the last thing I was expecting, but I have to say that I like the boldness of such a move.  Kudos, DHX, kudos, especially to the writers. :D

• Brohoof 3

OMG, Maurice LaMarche, this is not a drill, BUCKING MAURICE LAMARCHE IS IN MLP!!!!!!!!  AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

Maurice_LaMarche.jpg?resize=1000%2C500&ssl=1

• Brohoof 3

And once again, the villain of the day is... Twilight's OCD.  Yayyyyyyyyyyy, great job Twilight. :dry:  Look, I know Twilight over-thinking shit is a long-established character trait, but at this point it's getting a little ridiculous that she is still bucking up major projects as much as she is because of it.

• Brohoof 2

Who knew school closure could be so intense. Neighsay is...I have no words. He is very entertaining, but maddening. I like him. :D

Actually I just realized something... the bad guy isn't Twilight or even racism (well not entirely)... the bad guy is basically Equestrian Common Core and school administrations inability to create any flexibility in it for the sake of a better learning experience.  As the son of a teacher and coming from a teaching family, this greatly pleases and amuses me. :toldya:

• Brohoof 10

Just now, Batbrony said:

Actually I just realized something... the bad guy isn't Twilight or even racism (well not entirely)... the bad guy is basically Equestrian Common Core and school administrations inability to create any flexibility in it for the sake of a better learning experience.  As the son of a teacher and coming from a teaching family, this greatly pleases and amuses me. :toldya:

I was thinking the same. This is an interesting area for MLP to be tackling; to be sure.

• Brohoof 3

Just now, Dark Qiviut said:

Is it me, or has the dialogue been pretty…snappy? Like they're short, quick, and pretty emotive?

That might just be because there's a lot to cover, just like in the season finale last year.

OMG! They kept the redesign for Canterlot!!

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, PoisonClaw said:

Forgot to mention, Thorax fell over like a bowling pin when the group were knocked over, which was hilarious!

Sounds like dhx went 'buck it, we don't have time or budget to animate that. Just have have him fall over like a bowling pin.' 

Edited by Denim&Venom