What did you think of the episode?  

164 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• School is closed, I HATED IT!
    • This school was lame; time for hooky. >_>
    • It was...meh.
    • I like it; could be better though.
    • BUCK THE EEA! I LOVED IT!!!

Sooooo...the Everfree is still dangerous y'all.

• Brohoof 3

9 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

Sooooo...the Everfree is still dangerous y'all.

As well it should. The Everfree Forest has been sterile or forgotten by the show since Discord's seeds went into labor in S4.

• Brohoof 2

OKay...well...leave it to the writers to take a concept that should either be boring or annoying, and turn it into something interesting.

THAT WAS EXCELLENT!!!! :D

• Brohoof 5

Not gonna lie, the hiatus between seasons 7 and 8 felt really short to me, so I can't say I was super excited for this season premiere.  However I was pretty interested in seeing how the whole friendship school concept was going to be implemented, so I was looking forward to seeing how that would play out on screen.

With all that in mind, I enjoyed this episode.

I was surprised that the episode opened up by mentioning the events of the movie, and I really liked Fluttershy's line of having enough of life threatening adventures.  

I liked the friendship between the main students and overall I thought the episode was good even if it is not my favorite premiere.

• Brohoof 2

Gotta say I'm glad Chancellor Neighsay wasn't reformed and remained confirmed in his (justified) beliefs at the end.

That said, I like it. The one problem I had is they got really preachy with the "friendship" thing. Saying "friend" and all its variations so often.

Once I watch it in full, I'll get clearer thoughts.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I'm glad I finally got to see this!  I've been waiting for the season to officially start to watch these episodes and now it finally has!  Way to show the authorities...by writing an even bigger book...wait, what?  Overall though, I think it's a great couple episodes with a good moral on friendship, regardless of race or creed.  

• Brohoof 1

School Daze was quite an apt title choice @~@

I'm most confounded with how Neighsay wasn't immediately disciplined and reprimanded for harming international relations for his brazen remarks about "dangerous creatures" right in front of the rulers of said creatures! That in itself had to warrant immediate consequences. I really can't believe that was allowed to fly.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, ggg-2 said:

Okay, why didn't Celestia strip Neighsay of his position? Blatant racism (and i do mean blatant) should be grounds for it.

Just now, Querch said:

School Daze was quite an apt title choice @~@

I'm most confounded with how Neighsay wasn't immediately disciplined and reprimanded for harming international relations for his brazen remarks about "dangerous creatures" right in front of the rulers of said creatures! That in itself had to warrant immediate consequences. I really can't believe that was allowed to fly.

Apparently Equestria has protected freedom of speech, and punishment from Celestia could be seen as government censorship of his beliefs. 

• Brohoof 2

Just now, ggg-2 said:

Okay, why didn't Celestia strip Neighsay of his position? Blatant racism (and i do mean blatant) should be grounds for it.

They are not on Earth in the modern day that is why.

Although for people watching it it may seem simple and easy, but for them they could be argued as having justifiable feelings considering they are just opening their borders to each other overall as races. I am sure there is a lot of suspicions all around for all of the races on how to view each other.

You don't change those viewpoints by saying "Do this and believe this or else!" That only strengthens them.

2 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Apparently Equestria has protected freedom of speech, and punishment from Celestia could be seen as government censorship of his beliefs.

Not really. But it would fly in the face of the whole reason for the idea of this school existing. You don't teach friendship and harmony by enforcing it and demanding it.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Denim&Venom said:

Heh. Ha ha hah! OK, so that's the game you want to play, eh? Breaking diplomatic ties with foreign nations and endangering national security security for a blatant misinterpretation of "freedom of speech." You'd give Discord a run for his money! :lol:

Well, another hiatus has finally come to a close and we can all bask in the magic of ponies once more! As for these two episodes, I thought they were pretty solid. I've seen a lot of people talk about how Twilight was the "bad guy" for the first half, but the thing is, and this might be just me reading between the lines, but Twilight was so focused on making this work, she was afraid that deviating from the EEA guidelines would get her school shut down in an instant. I mean, can you really blame her since the EEA is a group of shadowy people in a poorly lit room?

I liked the new group of characters, who are a nicely varied bunch in both design and personality. My personal favorite though are Smolder and Ocellus

And then we have Chancellor Neighsay.

Yeah, guy's a total bigot, to the point it's amazing he doesn't have a Windigo following him around at all times. Come to think it, Neighsay seemed like the only member of the EEA who seemed to have a problem with Twilight's school. Expect to see him again somewhere down the line this season, I count on it.

So, overall, these were a pretty good pair of episodes to start the season off, with great characters, funny scenes, great dialogue and an interesting and yet kind of topical take on the issues regarding the education system.  

• Brohoof 3

3 minutes ago, PoisonClaw said:

Well, another hiatus has finally come to a close and we can all bask in the magic of ponies once more! As for these two episodes, I thought they were pretty solid. I've seen a lot of people talk about how Twilight was the "bad guy" for the first half, but the thing is, and this might be just me reading between the lines, but Twilight was so focused on making this work, she was afraid that deviating from the EEA guidelines would get her school shut down in an instant. I mean, can you really blame her since the EEA is a group of shadowy people in a poorly lit room?

Plus of course this is TWILIGHT - following a rule book is what she was born for.

3 minutes ago, PoisonClaw said:

I liked the new group of characters, who are a nicely varied bunch in both design and personality. My personal favorite though are Smolder and Ocellus

And then we have Chancellor Neighsay.

I do like all the new students, and think this grouping could be the new CMC.

Neighsay was a bit much though; have to wonder if this is somehow a Chrysalis thing?

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, PoisonClaw said:

I thought they were pretty solid. I've seen a lot of people talk about how Twilight was the "bad guy" for the first half, but the thing is, and this might be just me reading between the lines, but Twilight was so focused on making this work, she was afraid that deviating from the EEA guidelines would get her school shut down in an instant. I mean, can you really blame her since the EEA is a group of shadowy people in a poorly lit room?

This pretty much describes modern day school systems to a tee. A bunch of almost anonymous people in a room who never set foot in a school deciding how schools should work instead of the ones running the schools. And a large set of books on how to teach and run a school that sometimes flies against everything those on the road wanting and learning to teach are taught as they progress in their studies. But of course this is a whole different conversation for a whole different thread.

Still, I liked the call out to it and how Twilight went around it.

• Brohoof 4

8 minutes ago, Querch said:

Heh. Ha ha hah! OK, so that's the game you want to play, eh? Breaking diplomatic ties with foreign nations and endangering national security security for a blatant misinterpretation of "freedom of speech." You'd give Discord a run for his money! :lol:

Well Celestia apparently didn't need to do any either of those. 

And as Celestia said, not even she can dictate the EEA. In a way, Neighsay is above her. 

6 minutes ago, dlw said:

Wow, great episode. I hope we'll get more of the 'Creature 6'.

They were alright overall, just hope they are not another set of the Care Bear Cousins.

Still, team Silverstream and Ocellus all the way!

• Brohoof 1

A very good season opening overall, though I'm still going to have to get used to seeing all the other creatures too besides the ponies. I hope this season can also build up a few of the new characters personalities too, because as of right now, they seem....... a little stereotypical, so let's hope they actually build more into the new inter-creature group of friends at some point. 

This season looks promising! :ooh: