Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When did you first feel like an adult?

Reecejackox

I started feeling like an adult when I started my first day of my first job all on my own. I had many more responsibilities that I never would have thought that I would have to manage when I was younger. It's routine at this point, but still, it was quite a shock/shift when I first started.

I first felt like an adult when I was just randomely walking through highschool to get some things. The school was all empty and I saw my reflection in the glass door and suddenly I was like "dang, is that me? I look so mature" and that is when I first felt like an adult, even though I certainly wasn't one (and still am not) but I do sometimes have times where I can act like one ;) 

• Brohoof 1

At a very early age, I often read more heavy knowledge history books compared to the other kids around me, and would often talk to teachers more than I talked to students. I even became an unofficial old person in High School as I often had long conversation with the old history and geography teacher. On my Letterman jacket, under my name is the name my geography teacher gave me "Old Man" cause I reminded her of her husband, she called me that everyday until I left.

I've felt like an adult since the age of 6. I sometimes feel I was born into adulthood. I have a serious and grounded personality with very little frivolity. I used to tell my parents to 'grow up.'

When i called off my previous relationship (2/3 years ago). Not sure what happened entirely, but I certainly felt very grown up all of a sudden after i told him i was done. Also a little bit before that, we had a very bad time at a brony con and thats kinda when i made the decision anyway The 2 weeks after coming back from the con I just had a period of emtional numbness. It was.... very strange. But as soon as I got out of there and moved in with Denz I just felt like a new person and my happiness has stayed up ever since. Also from that moment, Ive been so confident in just everyday things, as if i got rid of my anxieties too. Did I shed my skin or something? ^^;

Im still bloody useles swith sorting the finances though

Two answers. The first time I subconsciously felt like a adult. And the first time I knew I was acting like a adult.

------

#1: My father became bedridden when I was 13 and I more or less had to take over doing most of the stuff that a adult in the house had to do. I first felt like a adult when I figured out a year or so later that he totally resented me for this....

------

#2: When I first had to give a direct order to my men that they did not want to do, while in the Army as a 2nd Lt. So... About 23?

I'm 20 but I'm told I act pretty childish. Probably doesn't help that I look much younger than my age. Really I don't feel like an adult at all honestly. 

I don't really feel like an adult most of the time even though I'm turning 27 this year, living on my own and paying my own bills and all that stuff.  To be honest, I don't really know what feeling like an adult even feels like?

If feeling like an adult means living a boring life than no thanks, but feeling like an adult is very much up for interpretation and there really isn't a single way of what it feels like.  I for one have no idea if I do feel or do not feel what it means to be an adult however I would lean more on me not feeling like one.