Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The MLP comics should continue after the show ends!

FlareGun45

I'm pretty nervous of the show ending prematurely without important questions answered. Buuuuut... if the comic series continues, then that wouldn't be a problem! There's alot of stuff I think should've happened on the show, like the Manehattan CMCs thing I've been wanting for so long, I think the writers just don't care about that arc anymore. But that doesn't mean that story won't happen! Show ends? Big deal! G4 can be kept alive through the comic series, and that's still gonna give Hasbro a percentage, and we'll keep getting G4, even in the middle of G5! ;) Everyone wins in the end! I think this would be a smart decision for Hasbro to do!

• Brohoof 2

I'm up for continuing the comics. I daresay I have enjoyed some of the comic arcs even more than episodes of the actual show. Like, we got to see King Sombra again, as well as the return of Queen Chrysalis when she had still only appeared once on the actual show. We got Sunset Shimmer's backstory. We got extra lore about the Pillars. We got DEER!!! And that's only the tip of the iceberg. Those comics are so well done and I would hate to see them end with the show.

• Brohoof 2

I mean, it really depends. If G5 is there, I want the comics to follow that. But definitely leave on a good note. Reflections is an amazing arc. And I hope there could be on as amazing as that. However, if g4 ends, and there is no g5, (which is not likely) absolutely keep the comics coming. 

• Brohoof 1

19 minutes ago, The Bad Ass Echidna said:

I mean, it really depends. If G5 is there, I want the comics to follow that. But definitely leave on a good note. Reflections is an amazing arc. And I hope there could be on as amazing as that. However, if g4 ends, and there is no g5, (which is not likely) absolutely keep the comics coming. 

Or you know, just make the G4 comics alongside the G5. 

I think it would make many people happy, if the G4 comics keep coming.  ;)

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Hierok said:

Or you know, just make the G4 comics alongside the G5. 

I think it would make many people happy, if the G4 comics keep coming.  ;)

Well, I agree with that. Only if it wasn't a new continuity. If it's separate sort realities, then sure. But if G5 is a continuation, it would be redundant to have FiM alongside.  Now,as a consumer, I say the more the merrier. But this is what I think would happen. Realistically.

• Brohoof 3

17 minutes ago, The Bad Ass Echidna said:

Well, I agree with that. Only if it wasn't a new continuity. If it's separate sort realities, then sure. But if G5 is a continuation, it would be redundant to have FiM alongside.  Now,as a consumer, I say the more the merrier. But this is what I think would happen. Realistically.

I don't believe G5 is a continuation of G4.

Spoiler

The mane 6 are almost all new races and such. Also, the whole world is different.

The comics can continue on for a while after the show ends by using a combination of original stories and finishing off ones that the show wasn't able to. How long they would be willing to keep going remains to be seen but I think they could go on for another year or two after the series finale.

Sure. If there's a market for it, they'll continue. Some spinoff comics series last for years.

If there's enough market for $$$, they'll do it.

Hell if there's a G5 comic alongside G4, there could be an interdimensional warp storyline.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Hierok said:

Only two? I thought Apple Jack would become a unicorn. :ooh:

Nope, only Flutters, Twi, and Pinks are set to change races (Unicorn, earth pony, and pegasus respectively). The other three will be kept as they are 

I see FiM pony comics continuing for a while, until is not profitable anymore. Maybe they'll continue alongside G5 for a while, or maybe they'll keep doing it for longer. There are some comics based on older generation that should have logically ended a long time ago, but continued well passed their time 

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Whompy Whomperson said:

I mean... I’m not against the idea, but the comics are kinda crap right now 

True, but once the show ends, it would be the ONLY G4 thing we have! Well that and if Berrow makes more chapter books!

As long as they can keep a consistent level of quality I wouldn't mind for them to continue the G4 line of comics. I don't really see them doing that, but I could be wrong. As long as we get something good like Legends of Magic or even the recent arcs like Chaos Theory and Convocation of Creatures, then I'm sold. ^^

• 6 months later...

Even though I don't visit comic shops regularly, much less buy them, I would very much like for this to be so. I think, in terms of longevity, comics have an advantage over TV shows in that the comics often branch out from the main storyline, resulting in various series within the same continuity, so you have more opportunities to cover plot threads that the show is unable to dive into (like Legends of Magic, Fiendship is Magic, Friends Forever, etc- I'm not sure how many there are or what they're about, TBH). Think of it as several different spinoffs to keep the comic line going fresh. 

• 3 weeks later...

Not surprised at the slightest. The comic has their own agenda away from the show, so they're not going anywhere.