Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Toon Boom MLP Generation 5

Karnak

So how do you feel about Toon Boom being the new animation for MLP generation 5.

Imagine the show having the same quality of the MLP movie.

Edited by Karnak
  • Brohoof 1

I can't see G5 looking quite as good as the movie. Just because it's not typical for a cartoon's movie to look the same as the original show. I mean, look at both SpongeBob movies and then watch an episode from any season. Personally, I think both movies, especially the more recent one, blow the show right out of the water (no pun intended).

IMO, even the Equestria Girls movies look a bit more polished than Friendship is Magic. And they are still animated with Flash.

But that doesn't mean the G5 show can't get close to the quality of the MLP Movie. Toon Boom will still be a step up from Flash and a cool change of pace.

15 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Has anyone in any authority said there is a Gen5 in the works?  It all sounds like rumor/wishful thinking.

Leaked content, where no less than 7 S8 episode where included. G5 IS in the works, but who knows if it'll be done by 2020 as the leaks claim

Just now, Steve Piranha said:

Chances are, we won't know until next year at least

That's too bad. I hope they will pick the right one. The others didn't seem right in my eyes. :grin:

Are they going to? I honestly hope not, actually. I much prefer the show's Flash animations over the Toon Boom ones from the movie. Everything just seemed really off model in the movie and I didn't like it at all. I guess it might work for a new gen, though, since the characters wouldn't have any other appearance to contrast them with.

Umm... I liked MLP movie and it's style... But am I the only one who doesn't want GEN 5 at all? Like, I still can't understand why they decided to change something? It would be really sad to start everything from new page. 'We have experienced a lot' I would say. I just can't get over a fact, that my favourite show is going to 'die'.

Edited by Camille
  • Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, Camille said:

Umm... I liked MLP movie and it's style... But am I the only one who doesn't want GEN 5 at all? Like, I still can't understand why they decided to change something? It would be really sad to start everything from new page. 'We have experienced a lot' I would say. I just can't get over a fact, that my favourite show is going to 'die'.

Hasbro is basically continuing the pattern that G3 established and G4 evolved into. G3 debuted in 2003, G4 in 2010. G5 beginning sometime in 2020 makes sense cyclically.

On 2/22/2018 at 9:52 AM, A.V. said:

The GMod-style models would have to be tweaked into something more CreatorOfPony-style first.

The former aren't exactly show-accurate.

I am not talking about the G-Mod versions. There have been upgrades and new ones out.

They look pretty show accurate to me.

It's a good art style but I think it's a lot more expensive than Flash is. Hasbro, being a corporation, likely wish to not dedicate too much money into something if the payoff in return doesn't deliver. Of course, I'm not part of the company so I nor anyone else know what they are thinking.

one of the things that most does not know about, is that since toonboom takes advantage of hardware a gorillion times better than adobe animate.

so, when you move things here and there, and press the animation button (yes, there is one, but you have to teach the program where to move) replay what you did, will have a very good time compared to adobe animate.

if you set the FPS to 24 in toonboom, it will still be 24 FPS when previewing. unlike animate wich goes to extreme lag regarding the situation.

in other words, the guys working will be comfy'er and will be less stressed by the job

On 2/22/2018 at 2:44 PM, Camille said:

i think that MLP gen 4 ending is a god send!
not only fimfic writers will have everything the show had to offer, but MLP will not dwelve into fairly oddparents or simpsons route

• Brohoof 1

The MLP movie looked great, and I'm fine with a change up in art styles every once in a while. Especially if it's easier for the animators to pull off creative shots.

• Brohoof 1

On 3/6/2018 at 6:02 PM, age3rcm said:

one of the things that most does not know about, is that since toonboom takes advantage of hardware a gorillion times better than adobe animate.

so, when you move things here and there, and press the animation button (yes, there is one, but you have to teach the program where to move) replay what you did, will have a very good time compared to adobe animate.

if you set the FPS to 24 in toonboom, it will still be 24 FPS when previewing. unlike animate wich goes to extreme lag regarding the situation.

in other words, the guys working will be comfy'er and will be less stressed by the job

i think that MLP gen 4 ending is a god send!
not only fimfic writers will have everything the show had to offer, but MLP will not dwelve into fairly oddparents or simpsons route

I agree with everything you just said. Its a win-win for all!

Plus, again its not like MLP is ending too soon.

MLP Gen 4, had 221 episodes, ,9 seasons, a spin off and a movie FOR THEATERS!!!

Thats more than enough for Gen 4. Plus, the emails stated that they intend to wrap everything up, so we may get a prologue.

Plus come on people, this franchise is getting better and better! Toon boom harmony will make Gen 5 stand out!

On 3/10/2018 at 10:49 AM, age3rcm said:

unfortunately, i doubt it will be a "meme status" when gen 5 launches like what happened in gen 4 launch

Memes don't make a good show.

• 5 months later...